Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma Action Figures This Week?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
TheVileOne
Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone expects to start seeing the Fullmetal Alchemist action figures to be released in stores this week, since I think a lot of the sites say March 15th.

If anyone else could report on that later that would be cool.
Angieness, you think Suncoast is getting them in this week?

Here are the ones I'm talking about:
http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=2288
These are fully articulated ones made by Kotobukiya.
The actual action figures, not the statues or the trading arts.

ETA: Well the action figures are apparently due out in stores this month.
So if anyone finds them, please let us know.
Greensky
QUOTE (TheVileOne @ Mar 14 2005, 07:26 PM) *
Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone expects to start seeing the Fullmetal Alchemist action figures to be released in stores this week, since I think a lot of the sites say March 15th.

If anyone else could report on that later that would be cool. Angieness, you think Suncoast is getting them in this week?

Wow, Today is March 15th blink.gif If anyone gets the figures, let us know please.
Those figures are even in the Volume 1 DVD booklet.
I really want the new Ed figure =p

Then again, I also want this awesome "Real Statue" of Ed:

They cost about $30 each. You can find them off ebay from time to time.
In fact, there's at least 5 of those statue auctions going on right now, but ending soon.

The first three statues, Ed #1 and #2, and Al #3 are sold seperately.
Delux II figures (Roy, Riza and Ed,) you can still buy the statue figures seperately for the same price as the others, around $30. But they usually sell as sets on ebay, anywhere up to $90.are normally sold together as a set.

And yes, VileOne, I knew what you meant by the Kotobukiya figures.
I got one of his figures from Tales of Symphonia. Totally awesome work biggrin.gif
Stained_Wings
QUOTE (Greensky @ Mar 15 2005, 07:19 PM) *
....Then again, I also want this awesome "Real Statue" of Ed:

i <3 that statue! i must have it! wub.gif too bad it probably costs like $50+ sad.gif

@TheVileOne - which figures are you talking about?
there are lots and lots of sets of figures.
do you mean the posable $25 ones, or one of the many sets of gashapons?
TheVileOne
Kirara
Yeah the statues are imports from Japan.
The action figures are from America.
As much as I like the American ones I have to say the imported ones are much nicer.
They look more like the actual characters.

@Greensky - I love that figure. But, I think it is an import. I've seen it online before.
There is also one of Al, and another one of Ed without his shirt.

As for the large American figures I went to Suncoast today hoping they would be there but no such luck.
I did find more small figures (different from the trading arts figures) which I mentioned in detail in my other post.
I might check again later this week.
I learned that although release dates for books and movies are on Tuesdays, other merchandise sometimes doesn't come in till Thursday or Friday.

Edit- Well I did a little digging and here are the actions figures that Greensky posted

http://store.yahoo.com/cartoon-passion/actionfigures2.html

Notice that there are 3 Eds.
And unfortunately each one of these are going for $27.99.
Kyo_Umerio
OMG... theres something else tooo add to my wish list....
i'll have to pencil that in after the State Alchemist Watch....
~_~ i need money.... gah.. maybe i should start buying Lotto Tickets ~_~
OH YA!!!! I FORGOT ABOUT MY TAX REFUND!!! *dances*
i'm going on an FMA shopping spree *_* How much for the Roy Riza, and Ed Set?
The Toe Alchemist
You just know that the shirtless ed figers are going to be the first to go lol
All the fan girls got them ordered already lol
Nothing aginst the fan girls but comeon you know im right
TheVileOne
Greensky
Kirara

CursedAnubis
Wow this figurine looks awesome:

ph34r.gif Are these ones going up for sale anywhere, or was this from like an exhibition or something?
Ebay doesn't have any and searching on Google doesn't turn up much either;
I would love to get my hands on a Bradley Figurine laugh.gif
Atrius
The figures look beyond believable,
does anyone know if they'll sell in any stores in the U.S. besides the internet?
miss_neko
QUOTE(Greensky @ Mar 16 2005, 12:35 PM)
Yeah, I know  tongue.gif  Those figures are even in the Volume 1 DVD booklet. I just thought I'd add the "Real Statue Figures" cause they are so cool.

Anyways, as for the Delux II Figure set, you can still buy the statue figures seperately for the same price as the others, around $30. But they usually sell as sets on ebay, anywhere up to $90.
[snapback]134287[/snapback]

they look like this right?

IPB Image you can buy it at this store http://www.rsc-online.com/32613.html for 17 bucks. You can also buy the real statue of Ed there too for the same price.
TheVileOne
Well the action figures are apparently due out in stores this month. So if anyone finds them, please let us know.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(miss_neko @ Mar 17 2005, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE(Greensky @ Mar 16 2005, 12:35 PM)
Yeah, I know  tongue.gif  Those figures are even in the Volume 1 DVD booklet. I just thought I'd add the "Real Statue Figures" cause they are so cool.

Anyways, as for the Delux II Figure set, you can still buy the statue figures seperately for the same price as the others, around $30. But they usually sell as sets on ebay, anywhere up to $90.
[snapback]134287[/snapback]

they look like this right?

IPB Image you can buy it at this store http://www.rsc-online.com/32613.html for 17 bucks. You can also buy the real statue of Ed there too for the same price.
[snapback]135291[/snapback]

Are these Due out in America any time soon??
hagane_no_tokage
prolly not, outside of overpriced convention dealer rooms. the real good quality stuff rarely comes to america... dry.gif
Quistis88
Is it possible to get JUST Black Hayate? laugh.gif
hagane_no_tokage
LOL! unfortunately, no, he comes as an omake with the riza figure. happy.gif *just bought herself a set the other day and can't wait till they arrive* although...sensei may keep this in mind when her dear deshi's birthday rolls around.... XDDD
Quistis88
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Mar 17 2005, 10:32 PM)
LOL!  unfortunately, no, he comes as an omake with the riza figure.  happy.gif  *just bought herself a set the other day and can't wait till they arrive*  although...sensei may keep this in mind when her dear deshi's birthday rolls around....  XDDD

Awww, you don't have to. Really, you don't. Isn't it expensive? ph34r.gif
hagane_no_tokage
ufufufu, i'll never tell. O_o oh wait, you can see the website, too... damn!
Quistis88
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Mar 17 2005, 11:33 PM)
ufufufu, i'll never tell.  O_o  oh wait, you can see the website, too...  damn!

laugh.gif *can't stop laughing now*

Sensei's hilarious. biggrin.gif
Ailuro
Wow, I'm so tempted by these.
But if I buy them, I'll have to take it out of my savings for the trip to France. -.-

Quistis88
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Mar 17 2005, 11:59 PM)
You don't know how much this confused me. blink.gif

Aww, sorry, dear. sad.gif *hugs*

Yes, I'm really huggy today. laugh.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Mar 18 2005, 12:15 AM)
I'm seeing deshi here and deshi there, then I find one that isn't even me! Hurray! =D

Haha, that's so cute! biggrin.gif Yes, I think there are only two deshis in this place, unless I am mistaken.
hagane_no_tokage
LOL! oh my, i didn't even think of how having two deshis around could cause confusion... [/dense] dry.gif suimase~n! >.<
Roz
They are also bringing out these:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I picked one up in Japan and got Al (woo hoo!) you just buy a box and you don't know what figure you are getting. Apparently a company called "Artbox" are bringing them over (their parent company is Japanese)
TheVileOne
I got most of those at UshiCon earlier this year. Al is the easiest one to find because his box will always be the heaviest. But it was a real bitch getting an Ed. In the end I was able to get Al, Ed, Roy, Winry, and Hawkeye. Hawkeye and Winry seem to be the easiest ones to find wink.gif .

Trading arts figures, like trading cards cept with little figurines.
Greensky
I want a Hughes figure and Riza figure the most. I already have the volume 1 trading arts figures of Ed, Al, Winry and Roy.
Kirara
The figures in the box were the ones I was talking about earlier in this thread. They are already selling them at Suncoast. I originally bought 3 on Tuesday and got Al (yes he was very easy to find), Ed and Riza. Today I bought two more and got Roy and Hughes. So in one shot I bought 5 and got 5 different characters. I was pretty lucky but I was kind of able to tell who I was getting from shaking the boxes. I don't think I am going to try for Winry though I don't really like how she looks in this set.

Anyways I already said this in the hagaren merchandise thread but to those who don't read that forum here is a big hint to help you get the characters you want :

The heaviest box is obviousy Al (and yes as Vile One said he is the easiest to find). So you want Ed and he is the hardest to find, but I got Ed in my first try. Here is how, Ed and Winry are the opposite of Al. They are going to feel the lightest. Hughes, Roy and Riza are somewhere in the middle. If you keep that in mind you shouldn't have to buy a million of these things to get the characters you want.

Actually now that I am looking at the box in your picture Roz my Suncoast was selling the imported ones. The box I bought had the Japanese logo and all the writing was in Japanese too.
Electra
You lucky people... I don't have any FMA merchandise... X.x Where is Suncoast located? Is it in Illinois? ;.;
Kyo_Umerio
YAY!!! i got my PVC figures in today happy.gif
not quite what i expected but... i still love them *hugs them and watches them fall apart*
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(Electra @ Mar 19 2005, 12:02 AM)
You lucky people... I don't have any FMA merchandise... X.x Where is Suncoast located? Is it in Illinois? ;.;
[snapback]135888[/snapback]

Go to Suncoast.com and click on "find a store" at the top of the screen. Put in some info and you should find the stores closest to you, if there are any.
Electra
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Mar 19 2005, 12:09 AM)
QUOTE(Electra @ Mar 19 2005, 12:02 AM)
[snapback]135888[/snapback]

Go to Suncoast.com and click on "find a store" at the top of the screen. Put in some info and you should find the stores closest to you, if there are any.
[snapback]135941[/snapback]

Okay, thank youu~ n.n
Kyo_Umerio
why would anyone think that Suncoast is in IL? *hates his state* the nearest one to me is 45 min away.. ~_~ stupid state...
angieness
Ahhh spring break! Yep, we just got these bad boys in this week.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/RozT/...oy_box_mock.jpg

I think they were like 4.99 or something like that.
We're just about out of them too, it's crazy!
heh I was evil and slightly bent the tops of each of the boxes to see who was in each and unfortunatley, they were all ones I had.
We had 2 Riza's, a Winry, a Hughes, an Ed, and an Al.
The only one I need from the set is Roy, who we didn't get ^^;

We've started to get more shipments of figures in lately, including the second series of Family Guy figures, Please Teacher box figures, and the FMA box figures so I'm sure we'll get the big figures soon and when we do I'll let you know!

And for those of you without a Suncoast in the area, look for Media Play, they're owned by the same company as us and they tend to get the same figures and stuff in that we do.

I must buy those sexy Riza and Roy figures X_X *-just placed order for the awesome Riza one
Electra
The one near me is 15 minutes away... If only I can drive... .____.;;
miss_neko
^ like a 15 mintue drive? that's not very far. just ask someone to take you or take the bus.
angieness
Just so you guys know Fullmetal Alchemist shirts are now available!
We haven't gotten them in the store yet but the Hot Topic a few stores down from mine got in 2 different FMA shirts.
I just bought this one

http://www.animenation.com/aw10008m.html

and there's a black one with Ed and Al standing and they're blue.
It's very likely that soon we will be getting FMA shirts in, we just got in some Samurai Champloo and Sin City shirts on Friday.

You might be able to get the FMA shirts through Hot Topic's website, but I'm not sure because one of the people working told me that they're one of the first stores to get the FMA shirts and they're being tested out in the market or something.
They're doing pretty good considering I had to buy the display shirt since they had already ran out.
There were also some other nicely designed Bebop, Inu Yasha, etc. shirts there

Actually here's the other FMA shirt

http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?...amp;ITEM=226253

and the one I bought

http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?...amp;ITEM=212544

the FMA logo you see there is on the left sleeve.
It's a VERY nice shirt, you guys should definantley pick it up!
You can expect more to come since it seems the series is a hit.
We keep running out of the figures and DVDs at light speed which is a great sign ^^
miss_neko
@angieness - that's cool! i would have never thought of Hot Topic having FMA shirts!
im try to go to the mall tomorrow to see if mines have it.
angieness
@miss_neko - Yep! Even on Hot Topic's website the button for the anime section has Edward on it

anime banner and button from their site ^^

And as a head's up, while this should be very obvious, if your Suncoast has the boxed FMA figures, don't open them to see what they are! ^^;
Because, if you're caught you have to buy it.
Someone opened the remaining 3 boxes and left them like that so we had to damage them out so now we're out of figures
Kyo_Umerio
our HotTopic doesn't have them v.v....T.T
Electra
My uncle won't take me and I can't go on the bus by myself *Is 12* .____.
Greensky
Check out this awesome official mousepad, I want it:

IPB Image
miss_neko
^ @Greensky - oo that's very neat. but i really hate how they always have the same image use over and over again

i can't wait to get this gashapon set:

they will arrive at the local anime store that i always go to by the end of Apirl n.n so cute hehe
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE (miss_neko @ Mar 21 2005, 11:46 PM) *
i can't wait to get this gashapon set:
http://store1.yimg.com/I/rsc-online_1837_11694814.jpg
they will arrive at the local anime store that i always go to by the end of Apirl n.n so cute hehe

in the US or in Japan? *wants them SOOOO bad*
miss_neko
well for me it's US. but i'm sure they have it in Japan.
Kyo_Umerio
are they being released in the US or did your anime store just order them?
miss_neko
i'm not sure if they will be release in other stores in the US or not. because most of the stuff that they sell are japanese import (besides the mangas). so sometimes they have goodies before the other stores start to have it.
Kyo_Umerio
o.o i'll make you a deal.... even though you are a total stranger, and you may steal my money. i will send you money for them and S&H and then you buy them and send them back to me biggrin.gif? XD! (Do i look desprate for FMA?)
miss_neko
n.n when it arrives you can order them here http://www.rsc-online.com/ (that's their online website)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.