Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zatch Bell/Gash Bell
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2
Kitoky
Zatch Bell!, known in Japan as Konjiki no Gasshu!! (金色のガッシュ!!?, lit. Golden Gash!!) directed by Tetsuji Nakamura and Yukio Kaizawa and produced by Toei Animation. The episodes were aired on Fuji Television between April 6, 2003 to March 26, 2006.
(Source - Wiki) !

List of Characters

Plot Summary: Takamine Kiyomaro, a depressed don't-care-about-the-world guy, was suddenly given a little demon named Gash Bell to take care of. Little does he know that Gash is embroiled into an intense fight to see who is the ruler of the demon world. All of the demons have to pick a master on Earth and duke it out with other demons until one survives. Needless to say, Kiyomaro becomes Gash's master, and through their many battles, Kiyomaro learns the importance of friendship and courage.

Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, supernatural, tournament
Themes: demons, developing powers, fighting
Episodes: 170
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

-------

What do...any of you think of this anime? I ...personally, twitch at it.

It seems like another one of those animes that goes on and on. Though I must admit, I think I'd probably like it more with the original Japanese cast. I find myself twitching at the dub, especially the voice for Gash/Zatch. I find myself already annoyed with the character due to the voice....even more than Rini from Sailor Moon (and she...was pretty darn annoying).

If I had a choice, I'd choose Yu Yu Hakusho over this show - the dub is more tolerable.
The voice for Kiyo - Joshua Seth/Jeremiah Freedman is ABSOLUTELY overused. He's been in Cyborg 009, Candidate for Goddess, Trigun, Big O, Digimon, and Wolf's Rain.
DeVilSoul
Hm,don't know what to think about it,as i've never watch it before.Though my friend told mi it was VERY nice.I was skeptic.Lolz laugh.gif
Stained_Wings
i've seen it... HATE it. to DEATH. augh.... sooo horrible. it gives anime a bad name. and the dub and lip synch? *shiver* oogh. >_<
LiLhomy4life626
I must admit that this show isn't exactly what you call great but at least give it five episodes before you cast it out into the garbage. I think it has the chance to be a great anime! Although that all depends on if the show carries on with it's "current state".
Kitoky
My greatest concern is voice acting...so I don't if giving it 5 episodes is going to make that big of a difference.
mei_tenshi
While voice acting is an important part of any anime, it's not all there is to it. Really, one episode is too soon to tell.
Crimson Butterfly of the Snow
Heh...it was pretty cool, however the whole "Champion of Justice" thing is so cliche.

But I like the character of Kyo for some reason...my affinity sense for loners is tingling...but I was thinking, what's the point of being a genius if the world can't see how good you are? tongue.gif Thinking too seriously again.
Kitoky
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Mar 14 2005, 09:18 PM)
While voice acting is an important part of any anime, it's not all there is to it. Really, one episode is too soon to tell.
[snapback]133194[/snapback]

But it does seem like the series will drag on - it seems like anime has a thing for starting off the series with some sort of bully - and soon after in the first couple of episodes, a bank robbery with hostages.
loa
when i first saw it on the guide i was really pissed cuz i LUV Yuyu Hakusho and i wus like, they replaced it with WUT??!! but i watched the first ep. and i guess it wasnt that bad... i like Kyo tho, but not the little guy so much. im gonna watch it some more, to see if its really all that good or not, but for now, i guess i can live with it replacing my beloved Yuyu Hakusho *cries* lol. im so over dramatic. but i love Yuyu, and they were just starting it over!! dry.gif

off the subject- i wus watching Big O last night (nothing else to do) and his voice sounded farmiliar (ive only seen two ep.s of it now, and the first 1 i saw was a long time ago) but i couldnt think of where i had heard it. who does he do in TriGun and Wolf's Rain, if Rodger's the guy you were talking about, cuz id no him from those two animes.
Kitoky
Um are you asking about Kiyo's voice? Joshua Seth/Jeremiah Freedman?

I think he played a cop in Big O, Hige in Wolf's Rain and Young Knives in Trigun.
Chibi-Usa
It's good enough to be on but not good enough to be a fav.
loa
QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Mar 16 2005, 07:20 AM)
It's good enough to be on but not good enough to be a fav.
[snapback]134211[/snapback]

yea, i think thats how id explain it too. but i still wish theyd put yuyu back on... rolleyes.gif
loa
QUOTE(Kitoky @ Mar 15 2005, 05:04 PM)
Um are you asking about Kiyo's voice?  Joshua Seth/Jeremiah Freedman?

I think he played a cop in Big O, Hige in Wolf's Rain and Young Knives in Trigun.
[snapback]133725[/snapback]

no, what i meant was Rodger from Big O sounded familair, but i didnt no where from... i didnt no the guy who did Hige did other ppl. i luv hige! lol. i might watch ZB just for that then. cool.gif
Kitoky
Rodger's voice is by Steven Jay Blum:

Cowboy Bebop: Spike Spiegal
Rurouni Kenshin: Makoto Shishio
Wolf's Rain: Darcia
loa
QUOTE(Kitoky @ Mar 16 2005, 12:46 PM)
Rodger's voice is by Steven Jay Blum:

Cowboy Bebop:  Spike Spiegal
Rurouni Kenshin:  Makoto Shishio
Wolf's Rain: Darcia
[snapback]134290[/snapback]

cowboy bebop! thats where! lol. thank you. i watch the other two, but CB is definatly where i recognize him from. laugh.gif i always did like darcia...
Kitoky
All those characters were quite sexy.

:}
loa
QUOTE(Kitoky @ Mar 16 2005, 02:00 PM)
All those characters were quite sexy.

:}
[snapback]134317[/snapback]

lol. yes, yes... oh, that lil face is cute! it looks like hes smirking!!
happy.gif wub.gif
FullmetalFreek00
Getting back on topic...

I thought ZB was ok...I actually dont' mind the dubbed because I've never heard the real thing! lol but the original would probably be better smile.gif it always is.
loa
QUOTE(FullmetalFreek00 @ Mar 16 2005, 04:45 PM)
Getting back on topic...

I thought ZB was ok...I actually dont' mind the dubbed because I've never heard the real thing! lol but the original would probably be better smile.gif it always is.
[snapback]134459[/snapback]

yea, ppl always say the japanese version is better, but ive never heard any of the japanese versions of anything, so i dont no what theyre talking about... sad.gif
Kitoky
Ah should try and get an episode in Japanese with subtitles - it's much more accurate in the plot and easier to understand and I love hearing how they speak Japanese.

In dubs they either - screw up the lines, and mix up some things about the plot or the dubbed voices are absolutely irritating.
~FMAgurl~
I just watched the 3rd episode...I still think it's good. Zatch is so adorable! biggrin.gif It was kinda sad when the blue haired kid disappeared though sad.gif
Kao
Zatch Bell sounds like Jimmy Neutron, eh? xDD Thats what really pissed me off. I'm not used to when you hear like people from Disney and Nickelodeon voice an anime show.
Kao: It's obvious that's became the woman who voiced Jimmy Newtron(Debi Derryberry] is voicing Zatch Bell, returning to her anime roots. The last anime role I remembered her in was Ryouki of the Tenchi series.
Kao
I don't watch a lot of animes that aren't on cable, due to the fact i have no money.. I think there are a lot of Tenchi series, but i think One of them was on Cartoon Network a long time ago, is that the one your talking about?
Kitoky
She did Ryo-Ohki? Wow o.o Now that I did not know. I found Zatch annoying and Suzy/Megumi even more annoying.
Steel Alchemist
It is very annoying! No I do not like it.
loa
QUOTE(Kitoky @ Mar 17 2005, 12:43 PM)
Ah should try and get an episode in Japanese with subtitles - it's much more accurate in the plot and easier to understand and I love hearing how they speak Japanese.

In dubs they either - screw up the lines, and mix up some things about the plot or the dubbed voices are absolutely irritating.
[snapback]134949[/snapback]

where would i get any?? blink.gif
Kitoky
QUOTE(loa @ Mar 20 2005, 07:41 PM)
QUOTE(Kitoky @ Mar 17 2005, 12:43 PM)

[snapback]134949[/snapback]

where would i get any?? blink.gif
[snapback]136828[/snapback]

Practically any downloading program or Bittorent.
Jen_Elric
I think it's a kinda cute anime, and I like the magic in it. I had no problem with the voices, until the episode I just saw last Saturday. Suzi's voice was soo nasely (sp?) and high-pitched, I cringed! I don't like her now.
The voice of Zatch is the voice of Jimmy Neutron? I knew it! I knew that voice was Jimmy's! I was right! Yay!
Chibi-Usa
Wow.Anime is really running out of voices these days mellow.gif
Kitoky
QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Mar 22 2005, 01:21 PM)
Wow.Anime is really running out of voices these days mellow.gif
[snapback]137519[/snapback]

Wouldn't say the anime - more like the people who license them. Like FUNimation.

But apparently, they too are running out of common sense.

.....Some people just need a new hobby.

I figured that Zatch Bell was obviously not dubbed by FUNimation because FUNimation has learned, from past mistakes, not to:

1) Dub the names.
2) Dub the song.
3) Use very annoying and irritating voices that clearly does not WORK.
The last one is debatable.
edsgirl
I'm not rally sure what to think if this anime yet. I've only seen one episode, the one that was on this past Saturday. I don't know yet, I'm not usually home to watch it and thus far, it doesn't seem like something I would even want to DVR. As far as the dubs go, I could really care less. They are equally good to me, I can't even understand Japanese so there's really no point in watching them in my opinion. If I want to see something that is in japanese only, then I really don't have a choice but to read the subtitles. I just don't know about this one yet. Why does Zatch look like a puppet? I thought he was supposed to be a boy!
Kitoky
Who knows - maybe Zatch IS a puppet....Kiyo controls Zatch like a puppet.
AlphonseRules
I don't watch this show but it was just on and I noticed that the English VA for Zatch is the same one that does Jimmy Neutron. It's almost the same exact voice.
Mustang's Apprentice
It's not great but it's not garbage either.
~FMAgurl~
I've never heard the original voices...the only orginal voices I've heard for an anime is for FMA, so it really doesn't matter to me. I thought it was ok...for the most part.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Personaly, I don't care for it. I don't like the voice acting, animation, or the plot. I may change my mind in the future, but as of now, I'm not to impressed.
Karo
The theme song sucks a lot.
The show is alright and can be funny though.
FMA JPD
I've seen a few episodes and i say its okay. I agree with mustangs apprentice
MetalEncryptions
I like Zatch Bell. Its awesome!

Zatch Bell is gonna be a manga in September!!
Karo
I didn't know the manga is coming out in September.
That should be good and funny.
Tamago
I love Zatch Bell! This isn't one of the best anime's out there, but still...It gives me the strange pleasure(not that kind) that things like Shinzo and Yu-gi-oh! give me...Or Beyblade...Or Pokemon...Whatever.. blink.gif
animefreak_zzz
hmmm...it seems like u all hav watched the dubbed version...
Well...i actually loved the anime alot...
Maybe it's cuz mine are original voices...
I think the anime is cute and funnie...it is great way to destress man...
makes me laugh everytime...
gashu is adorable..it is a likeable anime...juz dun take it too seriously... smile.gif biggrin.gif

Btw...ani1 know where i can find pics of the anime??
They seem rather rare...
foolmetal alchemist
Try searching on google or something. That usually works. tongue.gif
Random Person
I dont care for the plot at all. I do like to watch it for the funny stuff though. Laughing at the other character's stupidity is fun.
Zabimaru
I like Zatch Bell, and last night's episodes was good I got to learn more about Zatch's past.
auntaun
I personally like s-CRY-ed. I think it's funny that at the beginning, Ryuho(the guy with green hair) is so composed and doesn't seeem to care about anything, but when Kazuma(according to HOLY database he's registered as prisoner NP3-228) (& he's the guy that does the arm into machine thing. It's his alter, the Shell Bullet) comes into the picture, Ryuho becomes WAY overobsessed with catching him and beating him in battle. huh.gif If you are reading this and haven't seen the anime, you're probably confused..........right? Sorry! biggrin.gif I LOVE anime, and I get a little carried away( rolleyes.gif o.k. so maybe a lot carried away) so I'll say my sorry's now.
~FMAgurl~
This discussion is about Zatch Bell...not Scryed.

Here is the Scryed thread
animefreak_zzz
Gashbell's manga is actually almost the same as the anime...but it still is really really funnie...the manga is currently at no. 20 in japan... laugh.gif
DarkBlade_Alchemist
I like Zatch Bell, i mean its nothing like Inuyasha or FMA but......... I dunno theres just something about it that draws me to it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.