Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Ultimates....
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2
sfz
<In my attempt to collect all similar theory/thoughts threads on Homunculus in one forum, I'm moving this to FMA Anime forum. Also, temporarily closing the thread till I can sort out all homunculus threads. 02/19/07 ~Tombow>

Hi all I've posted a few times but now quite registered till now! or maybe i forgot my login. unsure.gif

Anyway could someone explain me the "Ultimate...." thingy?

Remember when Greed and Envy had a fight at top of a mountain?

Envy said something like this "Hey there Ultimate Shield"
And Greed was about to make a joke about Ultimate somthing but he said that Envy prefered to be called Monster that He didn't knew new (current) jokes

Later on when Greed fights with Ed he saids that he has The Ultimate Shield

Now with relevation that the Fuher is Pride when Martyrl attacks him He saids he has the Ultimate Eye!!!

What could this mean do all Humonculus have an Ultimate somthing?

Maybe Gluttony is Ultimate Tongue or mouth
Lust could be Ultimate Hands (because of her sharp nails)

the other ones I have no idea.

Someone enlighten us!
BlueRakuen
if I remember correctly (tell me if I'm wrong) in the manga, Greed called Lust the Ultimate Halbert... or something like that unsure.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Yeah, he did. Because of her "claws" I think it was.

I guess the "Ultimate......" serves as a title for the Sins like you've got "Fullmetal Alchemist", "Flame Alchemist" etc., etc. as titles for the National Alchemists. Don't know if that's right, though. But that's what I think.
Kodachrome
The Homunculi seem to have Ultimate so and so titles based on their 1337 homunculus power...
Vael
Lust's is the Ultimate Spear.
Greed - Ultimate Shield
Lust - Ultimate Halberd/Spear (Spear is probably more accurate)
Pride (Anger in the Manga) - Ultimate Eye
Vael
Sloth: ULTIMATE LIQUEFICATION OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
The "Ultimate" nonclementure stems from the term Saikyo in the manga which means "The Strongest" or "Most Powerful". The translator at ToriyamaWorld, used Ultimate instead and it sort of stuck to the names.
Lust is the Ultimate Halberd. That is her title because her ability is the ability to pierce anything(Lust is explained to be Piercing beauty). They aren't claws, all she can do is pierce things.
Vael
Alright, it makes a LOT more sense for Lust's power to be translated as Ultimate Spear, because they are more spear-shaped than halberd-shaped
TrueAlchemist
In case, you do not realize people.
It is Ultimate Spear not Ultimate halberd.
Halberd is more like long stick, which has more than one sharp end.
I want to see raw version for this manga.
In anime, I do not remember anyone calling Lust ultimate spear.
A Spear is used for thrusting, not slashing/cutting. A Halberd has the ability to pierce/cut/slash.

Lust primarily uses piercing attacks. But she also slashes/cuts as well. Hence the use of Halberd is also appropriate.
dandie_candie
Each of the Sins have an "ultimate" power to make them extra special.
Lust ~ Nails that can pierce through anything
Greed ~ Ultimate shield
Gluttony ~ Mouth/tongue that can eat through anything
Envy ~ Transform into anything
Sloth ~ ....Liquifying I guess. ^^;;
Wrath ~ Can alchemize (possibly) anything
Pride ~ Not too sure either.

These powers probably are enhanced after eating the red stones.
TrueAlchemist
I never saw her cutting things more than piercing things.
Raw version of manga uses 最強の矛. Search for 矛 will reveal Europeans translate it from Japanese as Halberd.

Asians term it for Polearms, meaning spears, halberds, pikes, lucern hammer-yes it is not a blunt thingee, fauchards, military forks, voulges all fall into this category.
She cuts up walls. Watch how she burst in on Scar in the library. That's not done by piercing. She cuts through the wall. Watch how she slices Marcoh's stone spike that pierced her into pieces.
kokenjr
HA HA!!!! Good going, way to leave them...uhh....dumbfounded? *feels left out*
Power to the guest!!! happy.gif
TrueAlchemist
This is funny.
I love this thread.

Hey, don't we should call Lust, Ultimate sword, Edge, or Blade, than Ultimate Spear or Harbard.
laugh.gif
odoridan
Lust should be the Ultimate Hottie! wub.gif biggrin.gif

(I couldn't resist)
TrueAlchemist
No objection.
But my eye is now on Sloth.

Man, she has better shape than Lust if you see carefully.

I think when a person died and brought back to the world, they are getting hotter.
You see, Lust used to be an ordinary Ishubal girl.
I mean she was not hot. She was just cute, now she is much sexier.

And, man Sloth, she came back to life in a good form.
Much better than Lust.

I want to see Riza in homuculus style.
Haha, it will not happen, but I think it will be awsome.
Great... now we have a bunch of necrophiliacs running around here......
Kodachrome
If they weren't alive to begin with, how could they be Necro's? D:
Omakase Shimasu
I guess gothic girls/women are in demand by male (hetero) FMA fans. tongue.gif

And... Riza as a homunculus... >_> Maybe if she let her hair down or something... Besides, I think blond is more her color.
Den
QUOTE(TrueAlchemist @ Aug 9 2004, 07:21 AM)
I think when a person died and brought back to the world, they are getting hotter.

Ho, if you are right, I prefere to not imagine how Gluttony was before laugh.gif
TrueAlchemist
Omakase Shimasu
I think Riza might be hotter in Homuculus form.
You know with gothic style.
I want to see Riza with darkish hari color with dark pink or darkish color lipstick.
laugh.gif

Gluttony might be better.
How can a man be worse than his current style?

laugh.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Gluttony might be better.
How can a man be worse than his current style?

Same old Gluttony (fat) with Aerosmith's hair? tongue.gif

Hmmmm... *shakes head* No I still can't see Riza with dark hair. That just wouldn't be her anymore.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ya know... Scratch the Aerosmith. Just Gluttony with hair is bad enough...
TrueAlchemist
I do not know about that.
There is always unexpected thing in Anime world.

Who knows, maybe Gluttony got fat because of the side effect of Human alchemy failure?
Or, He had some shock when he was brought back.
Some people gain weight because of stress.
Mystery of human body.

laugh.gif
The_Lazy_Alchemist
What a great thread. Discussing ultimates.

Lust: Ultimate Halberd/spear/sword/knife/anything that can pierce and cut

Gluttony: Ultimate mouth? Ultimate stomach? Ultimate tongue? Ultimate...consumer?

Sloth: Ultimate liquid? Ultimate liquidation? Ultimate liquifier?

Wrath: Ultimate alchemist? Ultimate copy-cat? Ultimate bio-alchemist?

Greed: Ultimate shield

Pride: Ultimate eye? Ultimate seer?

Envy: Ultimate transformer? Ultimate shapeshifter? Ultimate breakdancer? tongue.gif

Sorry. I couldn't help it. ^__^'' Seemed fun.
TrueAlchemist
Good one.
But, I think Pride is just Ultimate eye.

Envy is good.
But, we should not use Ultimate cope-cat for Wrath.
He only copys from Ed.

He should copy anything, but seems he only be able to copy from Ed.
But still, very cool list.
Omakase Shimasu
Hmm, I kinda wondered at the whole Wrath feeling wrath against (??towards??) Ed. Shouldn't he be feeling wrath towards Izumi instead? dry.gif Only because he stole Ed's limbs... where's the justice in that?
TrueAlchemist
I think Wrath is childish.
He fears Izumi.
Man, she cracked the one single mountain.
I would not put a fight against her.

Simply, Ed is easy to pick a fight because of his size:)
And, Wrath has extendible leg an arm.
And , he think he can handle Ed
Omakase Shimasu
I don't know what's so great about Ed's body. blink.gif ......I didn't just say that... Bleh, what I meant was, Wrath can do so many things with his own body (at least, I think he can only transform his own body parts. Not Ed's limbs. Or is that wrong?) and it suits him more than Ed's body ever would. Because Ed's not Ed when he doesn't have his body. Everybody can agree with me on this. *nod*

And just one more question. Is it just me or has Ed's limbs grown overtime? I dunno know for sure, but those limbs Wrath stole from Ed look a bit... bigger than the ones Ed lost when he was 10.
TrueAlchemist
I think it grows over time.
In-case, Ed got his arm and leg back. It should be stupid to have arm and leg of 10 years old.

Maybe, Wrath wants to become human.
Sloth said, they can never become human. I think Lust is only one obsessed with being human issue. Maybe, Warth wants to have normal life. Because of his evil nature, I think it is impossible.
smile.gif
Crixon
what I meant was, Wrath can do so many things with his own body (at least, I think he can only transform his own body parts. Not Ed's limbs. Or is that wrong?)

Im Pretty sure that he can transform Eds body parts as well , seeing that he changed both his legs into the Bed and also he Transuted through the wall when he was getting away from Edo and A smile.gif l
Omakase Shimasu
I think it grows over time.
In-case, Ed got his arm and leg back. It should be stupid to have arm and leg of 10 years old

laugh.gif Guess so... Still-- I'm getting the anime and manga mixed up here. I just thought about that boy (translucent figure sitting by the Gate who got Ed's arm and leg) and Wrath being the same person. But that's impossible.

Im Pretty sure that he can transform Eds body parts as well , seeing that he changed both his legs into the Bed and also he Transuted through the wall when he was getting away from Edo and A smile.gif l

Oh, thanks for the info! biggrin.gif;; Haven't seen those eps yet.
What, no bacon?
Is it just me or does Gluttony look like an evil Ziggy?
What does Pride's "Ultimate Eye" actually do?
Vael
Predict's an opponent's next move. Basically like a "see into the future" type of power, only EXTREMELY limited and concentrated.
Carnal Malefactor
Envy... The Ultimate Transvestite...
Vael
I take that personally. -.-;;

XP XP

mmm... Reminds me that the school's Spirit Week is based on movies... I suggested a Rocky Horror Picture Show theme, and was immediately beat down. Made me feel sad.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Vael @ Sep 8 2004, 01:45 AM)
I take that personally. -.-;;

XP XP

mmm... Reminds me that the school's Spirit Week is based on movies... I suggested a Rocky Horror Picture Show theme, and was immediately beat down. Made me feel sad.

Take what personally?
Greed
ya, i never heard of the ultimate halbert/spear

but the ultimate shield def made greed strong as ever. he only died cuz he was weakened by so much n he wanted ed 2 kill him

n pridedz ultimate eye seems 2 let him react faster n attack.
sL
Erm...
I believe one time they used the term "Ultimate Lance" for Lust...
And that just sounds a LOT better.

Wrath, Sloth, Envy, and Gluttony are not as obvious, but maybe:
Wrath: Ultimate Skill
Sloth: Ultimate Form
Envy: Ultimate Deception
Gluttony: Ultimate... er... stomach?

anyways, thats just what I think tongue.gif
Queen of the dammed
Wrath= Ultimate rtrd (sorry, but I just think he is...)
Lust= Untimate Les-maker...(she almost made me into one.... but was saved by Ed...)
Envy=Ultimate bad fasion-sense (dont worry Vael, this is NOT aimed at you... but my sister >.>)
Gluttony=Ultimate Mirror breaker
Sloth=Ultimate bland ( no personality at all...)
Greed=Ultimate delinquent
Pride=Ultimate Dog ( Listens to every word Dante says...)
Satoru
Lust's Ultimate has already been discussed. ^^

It's the Ultimate Halberd.
Lord Odenetheus
Ultimate Polearm.
Hym
Erm , in the manga when pride fights greed, he says :
I have neither ultimate shield , nor ultimate blades but i have the ultimate eye.
Another suggestion then^^ Lust :the utlimates blades ?
its this and i am sure
lust : ultimate spear
pride: ultimate eye
gluttony : ultimate mouth

the rest i dunno their proper names but
envy : transforms
sloth : liquifying
wrath : alchemy but this is not an suspected trait of the homculi wrath so he must have some other special trait such as great strength or intelligence or watever implying from his name wrath (although i personally believe envy is the strongest)
lust is really hot hotter than sloth because her face is just shaped wrong
Guest_Psycojester
How about the ultimate mask for envy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.