Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2
Sith lord Revan 64
I like FF better..
Blade Alchemist
You should put the option "Both" on there
It's so hard to choose I choose both biggrin.gif
Sith lord Revan 64
QUOTE(Blade Alchemist @ Mar 6 2005, 07:44 PM)
You should put the option "Both" on there
It's so hard to choose I choose both biggrin.gif
[snapback]128012[/snapback]

You CHOOSE ONE NOW!!!
IronFlame
You can't compared both Zelda is an Action Adventure game Final Fantasy is a RPG.
Sith lord Revan 64
QUOTE(IronFlame @ Mar 6 2005, 08:16 PM)
You can't compared both Zelda is an Action Adventure game Final Fantasy is a RPG.
[snapback]128034[/snapback]

Have you heard of Final Fantasy Crystal?
Mike
well... I havent really played much of the zekda games so I don't have a real good idea of what they're like but I'm hooked on FF so I think I'll go with FF.
Sith lord Revan 64
biggrin.gif This is a day that will live in infamy for zelda fans.
Blade Alchemist
Zelda will live on forever despite losing one war but I still can't choose which I like better dry.gif
definingmind
I'm nulling my vote on this one. Why? Because it's really unfair to stack two entirely types of games against one another. It's like asking which is better of the two: Megaman or Super Mario Kart?
The FF series as we all knwo and love is, in it's purest form, an RPG series. True, Crsytal Chronicles did make a certainly different departure from the series' norm (and quite an expensive one might I add blink.gif ), it's not enough to say it's action/adventure.
As for the Zelda series, as much as they may try to implement RPG elements into it (ie. they started called the magic meter "MP" in O.O.T.), it is still strongly a action/adventure game. They come too far making the series one, I don't think they're going to change it's formula anytime soon.

For the record, I do remember Zelda II: Link's Adventure (if you have a GBA, pick it up!), which could be listed as a Action RPG if you wanted to get technical, but again, it doesn't qualify the two series to be stacked up against one another.
vazel
two console's best rpgs up against each other. hmm, they both have amazing gameplay but i'm going to have to go with ff for story.
IronFlame
Final Fantasy Chronicles was mainly a multiplayer based RPG so it had not much story don't think it counts for much.
mistress_aya
Hrm... can't really vote for either, since their from different genres. The only Zelda I've seen that plays anything like an RPG is Zelda 2 for the NES. All the others though, they most definately fit into the adventure genre. *shrugs* Eh, oh well... *enjoyed Link to the Past very much though*
AlphonseRules
Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link is the worst Zelda game I ever played. I like most of the Zelda games because they give you small portions of RPG in a mostly action game with a little puzzle solving. I never got into the FF games because I can't stand how you sit there and select a move for a character to do, he does it, and then it is the enemies turn to attack. That is why in my opinion most RPGs are not worth playing.
Bling_bling_Angel
sad.gif Awww... But I love both Zelda and FF!!! *cries some...*

But I agree with DM... it's not fair... and they're BOTH kick-ass games! *nods head*
Ryuu
Zelda, 'cause I haven't played any of FF games. But if I had, Zelda would be better anyway. biggrin.gif
AlphonseRules
Ed(from FMA) kind of, sort of looks like Link(from Zelda). Mostly because of his hair. I only brought this up cause we're talking about Zelda on a Fullmetal Alchemist website.
Blade Alchemist
Ed and Link look nothing like eachother. They're the complete opposite of eachother.
Sith lord Revan 64
[quote=AlphonseRules,Mar 8 2005, 10:15 PM]
Ed(from FMA) kind of, sort of looks like Link(from Zelda). Mostly because of his hair. I only brought this up cause we're talking about Zelda on a Fullmetal Alchemist website.
Al you shouild relize this is what do you perfer FF or Zelda
Ryu
FF and Zelda > me.

So yeah, that about ends it.
darkangelslayer
definately final fantsy. i'm not much of a nintendo fan but i just switched game consoles with my friend (she has my ps2 i hve her gamecube) and lets just say this is me everynight "I WANT MY PS2 AND FF BBAACCKK!!"
The Alchemist of Death
Zelda SUX!!!

Final Fantasy RULLS!

Plain and simple...
Ryuji1314
in comparison, I'd have to choose FF. I think it has more games, different storylines, cool weapons and all the other crap. Zelda (I'm a big fan of this too) is good, but don't compare it to FF, FF will jut kick its ass...
yukiroche
I'd prefer Zelda because I LOVE the challenging puzzle games in Zelda. I mean they are freakin hard. Also because link has the awsome master sword that can kick anyone's ass. (also the ocarina)
Sith lord Revan 64
Final Fantasy also has challenging puzzles. FFX with the Bahamut trial was F@#!ing
hard!!!.
Blade Alchemist
QUOTE(The Alchemist of Death @ Mar 11 2005, 08:04 PM)
Zelda  SUX!!!

Final Fantasy  RULLS!

Plain and simple...
[snapback]130978[/snapback]

Zelda does not suck mad.gif
It may not be as good as Final Fantasy but it does not suck!!
darkangelslayer
Zelda does not suck
it may not be as good as Final Fantasy but it does not suck!!

I agree, I mean FF is one of the best games out there but Zelda is also very good game.
I have to say though, FF is better.
Sith lord Revan 64
To me the only worthy zelda games is ocarina and majoras mask. I have played
Link 1-2 and windwaker to me they seem like averege games.
Full Metal Engineer
I voted for FF even though if they could make LOZ into a real RPG then it prob would kick FF's ass so easily I mean think about it Zora + sword = pwnage
-Kr!zY-
i've never played Zelda before (never owned a nintendo), and i've played quite a few of the FF games, so i like FF more :p
Sith lord Revan 64
Im surprised not that many played Zelda I mean all its games have usally hit the bestselling game charts.
Steel Alchemist
I'd take Zelda over FF any where anytime and any place.
Envy no Miko
Don't make me choose...That's the hardest question in the world to me!
I love them both!
I voted for FF even though if they could make LOZ into a real RPG then it prob would kick FF's ass so easily I mean think about it Zora + sword = pwnage

So true.The Kokiri would probaly make good healers or magic users.Princess Zelda as a playable character would be so cool!XD
Fayt
I like Final fantasy better.
WhiteMike
QUOTE(Steel Alchemist @ Mar 29 2005, 06:46 PM)
I'd take Zelda over FF any where anytime and any place.
[snapback]141899[/snapback]

I second that.
Sirya
Zelda
the very first NES-game I played and loved it smile.gif

I never did like the fighting style in FF ph34r.gif

but as many has said.. it's 2 different games, but Zelda is and always will be #1 for me smile.gif
-VaLe-
Zelda i love the games becaus i laki more advetures and more active more happy to say it like that because FF is had more drama and its bored me x_x but the graphics are great! i like it too but i prefer more Zelda
Automne
I only played once to Zelda and it was on N64! It was so long ago but I remember having a lot of fun even if I was only 8 years old smile.gif ! But I am now a real fan of FF so I will choose FF!^^
gseed
WHY ISN"T THERE A BOTH CHOICE!!!!!! mad.gif
I pick both I've if it's not there! biggrin.gif
WhiteMike
Zelda2 wasn't a bad game, it was just very difficult. I have both Zelda1 and Zelda2 for the NES, original gold I might add wink.gif. My fav is still OoC, much like almost everyone out there. I liked Majora's mask though, if thats had to believe.
Soujirou
I like Final Fantasy more than Zelda
esrz22
As I own several Zelda games but no FF games... Zelda.
Synth Alchemist
FF....i don't like Zelda
Le Monkey
Personaly Zelda wins over, just about..
Ice Blizzard
Yeah ... Zelda wins Hands down ... FF has been around a little longer than Zelda though
Mustang_93
The Legend of Zelda is waayy better, but recently i have bought the FF remakes for the GBA and DS and they are good but i like a connecting story line. I have the Ocarina of Time...
Funderful
I nulled, but I realise now that I prefer Zelda.
Plus, Edward Elric is so totally Link. The similarites are too close. >>
I can't wait to get the Wii and The Twilight Princess.
esrz22
QUOTE(Funderful @ Nov 25 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]477776[/snapback]

But Ed doesn't appear in many times in many places to always Save The Day. tongue.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(esrz22 @ Nov 26 2006, 05:46 AM) [snapback]478015[/snapback]
QUOTE(Funderful @ Nov 25 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]477776[/snapback]

But Ed doesn't appear in many times in many places to always Save The Day. tongue.gif

Take out "Always" and you have it damn close, XD
Kyros
I need to play Twilight Princess so I'm totally bugging peeps to get it for me for christmas on gc (should be out by then for gc, stupid wii release title wtf?!!!!) >.> I do have FFXII though and it's AWESOME! I played it over my whole Thanksgiving break *dances*
pawnedbyme
Zelda is good but FF is better lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.