Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention Rap Haters
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Chibi-Usa
Look!It's all well and good if ya don't like rap!They are some genres of music I don't like but I'm sure others do.But I don't show my hate for them by going around in threads made SPECIFICALLY for the people who DO like the genre,and telling people how much I hate it.As a matter of fact,let me just put it this way---
IF YA DON'T LIKE THE MUSIC-RAP OR ANTHING ELSE-DON'T GO AND PUT IT IN A THREAD MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DO!
Carnal Malefactor
It's not a simple matter of disliking something. I believe that while everyone has the right and freedom to listen to it, many people take it far too seriously, and it has a profoundly negative effect on the minds of those who do, because it often glorifies a lifestyle that can only be described as criminal.
Chibi-Usa
But I'm talkin about the people who oppose the music.And no offense,but what gives you the right to classify music as "criminal"
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Mar 3 2005, 09:30 PM)
But I'm talkin about the people who oppose the music.And no offense,but what gives you the right to classify music as "criminal"
[snapback]126021[/snapback]

I'm not saying the music is criminal. i'm saying in a lot of cases the lyrics advocate a criminal lifestyle. Just look at the garbage that moron '50 Cent' spews.
Chibi-Usa
But thats how he REALLY grew up.It was his way of life,and he's tellin people about it.And you're gonna look down on him and other rappers for show what really goes on in there lives?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Mar 3 2005, 09:37 PM)
But thats how he REALLY grew up.It was his way of life,and he's tellin people about it.And you're gonna look down on him and other rappers for show what really goes on in there lives?
[snapback]126028[/snapback]

Yes, because all it does is show that they're scum.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Mar 3 2005, 02:39 PM)

[snapback]126030[/snapback]

dry.gif 50 cent dosen't just talk about his life he talks about stupid stuff like how "he got the magic stick". Not that I hate rap or anything but some mainstream rap sucks.
Chibi-Usa
I cannot believe you just said that.(Bacon)
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Mar 3 2005, 09:44 PM)
[snapback]126035[/snapback]

You gonna cry about it?

The guy is scum. As are all so-called 'gangsta' rappers. There is rap out there that's genuinely intelligent and poetic, I'm sure, but most of what gets mainstream exposure is garbage.
Chibi-Usa
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Mar 3 2005, 02:47 PM)

You gonna cry about it?

The guy is scum. As are all so-called 'gangsta' rappers. There is rap out there that's genuinely intelligent and poetic, I'm sure, but most of what gets mainstream exposure is garbage.
[snapback]126040[/snapback]

No I'm not gonna cry about!Anyway, you made it sound like you were talking about rap in general
the ironflame alchemist
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Mar 3 2005, 04:39 PM)

i can understand if u think rap sucks or something because thats your opinion and we all like different music

but bacon, what you said is pretty messed up mad.gif
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Mar 3 2005, 02:47 PM)

You gonna cry about it?

[snapback]126040[/snapback]

I agree , a guy who talks about how he's a pimp and has a lot of "bling bling" hasn't got my respect. Though some rap is alright -__- I like the Black eyed peas smile.gif
Chibi-Usa
I feel what you saying Fresh Coffee,but bacon's just being harsh!
Carnal Malefactor
I don't pull punches. Never have, never will. Especially when I feel strongly about something.
Quistis88
Tone the "anger" down a little, everyone, if you want this "discussion" to continue. smile.gif
Chibi-Usa
And I obviously have no choice but to accept what you think is what you're saying
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Mar 3 2005, 02:53 PM)
Tone the "anger" down a little, everyone, if you want this "discussion" to continue.  smile.gif
[snapback]126051[/snapback]

We'll try smile.gif there always is some kind of hate between rap likers and rock likers. Oh by the way Le'Monkey and me miss you on msn so please come.
Chibi-Usa
mellow.gif I guess I should calm down a bit.I just get so passionate about
some things.
the ironflame alchemist
i guess i can tone down... dry.gif
i wasnt mad in the first place i just was disappointed cool.gif

and yes chibi, i can see why you are getting mad
Foolio
groups like j5 and jmt are great, but then you have the asshats like snoop dogg and 50cent *shudders*...dont even get me started on eminem
Xithion
Was this conflict here before I joined? Or did it all start with my little poll? blink.gif
Quistis88
No worries, Xithion. There has always been conflicts here regarding rap.
Xithion
Good! Maybe I'll join in...

Country Music Rules!
*Begins throwing Garth Brooks Cd's at everyone in the forum.* tongue.gif
the ironflame alchemist
QUOTE(Xithion @ Mar 3 2005, 05:10 PM)
Was this conflict here before I joined? Or did it all start with my little poll?  blink.gif
[snapback]126068[/snapback]

i dont think it started from your poll cool.gif

i just think some people who strongly believe something need to express their opinion.

People who like rock and people who like rap sometimes tend to "bump heads" anyways.

Sooo..........

i wouldnt worry about it though i really dont think this is that serious
Quistis88
The only country artist I like is Billy Gilman. That kid is so cute. tongue.gif

I don't listen to country, but I do like Billy Gilman's voice to an extent.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Xithion @ Mar 3 2005, 03:16 PM)
Good! Maybe I'll join in...

Country Music Rules!
*Begins throwing Garth Brooks Cd's at everyone in the forum.* tongue.gif
[snapback]126073[/snapback]

*hides is not a country fan at all*
Xithion
I'm not a country fan myself, although my granparents do listen to it. I just thought chucking cd's would be funny, but then I realized chucking country cd's would be even better. *continues to throw country music randomly around the room*
the ironflame alchemist
blink.gif *looks at several people on the ground with cds stuck in their heads*

ohmy.gif your crazy i gotta get outta here..

*runs out of room to avoid flying cds*
Chiyo
Hasn't Nelly done a Rap/Country song or something like that?

I just don't like the style of most rappers. I listen to Eminem but that's all I ever have done. I like what I listen to to have music in it, rap concentrates almost souly on what they are saying/yelling/swearing.
Xithion
*tapes two cd's together(Garth brooks and Nelly) and throws them at Chiyo*
I dunno!
Chiyo
QUOTE(Xithion @ Mar 3 2005, 11:43 PM)
*tapes two cd's together(Garth brooks and Nelly) and throws them at Chiyo*
I dunno!
[snapback]126129[/snapback]

*take it back*

I guessed you wouldn't, thats why I'm asking all the rap fans lol.
Moon Knight
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Mar 3 2005, 05:39 PM)

SLAYED!

99% of rap sucks! That teenie 1% is ok. I agree with Bacon though, with the stuff he said about rap and it's rappers.

Yes Chiyo Nelly has. I can't remember who he did it with though. When I learned about it I was shocked.
Chiyo
I wanted it to be some terrible rumour.... dry.gif
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Mar 3 2005, 06:19 PM)
I wanted it to be some terrible rumour.... dry.gif
[snapback]126182[/snapback]

laugh.gif Chiyo, that sounded so funny, I wish that the guy from G-unit would shut up I hate his song "I'm so fly" dry.gif I can't believe people liked that song no offence.
Ryuji1314
I actualy don't like rap that much, it just sort of pisses me off *tries not to bring offense* I don't prefer it, I'd rather listen to country ( I hate that too) then rap
Quistis88
I would also rather listen to country than rap. mellow.gif
blueices
Country makes my ears bleed. mellow.gif
Ryuji1314
it's better than rap!!!
RemyLeBeau
I guess it's time I jumped into the fray.

Numbah One-
My sister listens to rap. I listen to rock. We bite each other's heads off frequently over control of the car stereo.

Numbah Two-
Rock requires musical talent, vocals, and lyrics that rhyme. All that you need to rap is a keyboard with the beat-making thingy and a microphone.

Numbah Three-
This argument is not going to end anytime soon, think about it as if Rap players told all you Rockers that your music took no talent and everyone who sang it was scum.

Numbah Four-
I think more people would like Rock if it wasn't in the sorry state mainstream media's put it in. Some bozo in Marketing got the lamebrained idea that sad, depressing I-cut-myself music is what the public wants.
WRONG.
Rock used to be good, Rock used to be about power and rebellion and defiance and anger and burning the portapotties at every concert. It's high time someone popular broke away from the megacorporations and made some good licks with good vocals. I'd sure as hell listen.
*holds up piece of charred plastic from last Disturbed concert*
WOOHOO! ROCK ON!
Foolio
QUOTE(RemyLeBeau @ Mar 3 2005, 08:40 PM)
Rock used to be good, Rock used to be about power and rebellion and defiance and anger and burning the portapotties at every concert. It's high time someone popular broke away from the megacorporations and made some good licks with good vocals. I'd sure as hell listen.
WOOHOO! ROCK ON!
[snapback]126273[/snapback]

it still is if you listen to the right bands
~*WinterBorn*~
I think people who argue over what genre is better and what is "music" are people that just don't like that sound of that style of music. As much as people argue on what genre is better all it leads to is nothing. The same way as people argue on what religion is right and all things that deal with personal choice. I think people need to atleast take a logic aproach to it is don't be harsh and just state your opinion and respect it. That is all you can do. Arguing will only go in circles.

As for rap itself... No I am not a fan of the genre nor do I hate the genre. I like a few sonds from rap and hip hop artist that seem to be unique and fun to listen to. Outkast was an interesting fresh hip hop group and the Black Eyed Peas and such. They are not bad but I am not a fan of genre. It isn't my style.
Chibi-Usa
*Sighs* It just goes to show you that people don't have to like somethin to tolerate it
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(blueices @ Mar 3 2005, 07:42 PM)
Country makes my ears bleed.  mellow.gif
[snapback]126238[/snapback]

If I had to listen to country for a whole hour I'd probably nuts blink.gif
eerabbit
i think "chinese" rap is better that english ones laugh.gif
Foolio
waht about that spanish rap? heheh
QUOTE(eerabbit @ Mar 4 2005, 11:17 PM)
i think "chinese" rap is better that english ones laugh.gif
[snapback]126999[/snapback]

Aren't Chinese rap songs all censored, positive, and government-approved? ph34r.gif
F0T0N|KINET|<A
Numbah Two-
Rock requires musical talent, vocals, and lyrics that rhyme. All that you need to rap is a keyboard with the beat-making thingy and a microphone.
Actually....if your lyrics are trash while you're spittin' your bars....you're getting no where far....unless you have street credibility. And in the hood it is like a jungle to survive the ruthless circumstance its in ever since slavery for blacks.

Numbah Four-
I think more people would like Rock if it wasn't in the sorry state mainstream media's put it in. Some bozo in Marketing got the lamebrained idea that sad, depressing I-cut-myself music is what the public wants.
WRONG.
WOOHOO! ROCK ON!
Rap is all about power and rebellion also....checkout Public Enemy....so what are you talking about? The rap you hear now is about success through dirty means anyway as if the corporate world wasn't like that or how columbus fvck3d the land...so what are YOU talking about??? It's easy to hear simple flow but if you really down with the ill shit you'll hear canibus, sage francis, or aesop rock....they actually put alot of thought into it. And you say all rap is about violence??? Have you check Fiddy/Game's latest/last song together titled, 'Hate it Or Love it'?

I like rock too...just not the belligerent ones screaming the same thing over and over with no intelligence to them....Just mad at the world screaming like you're in an asylum and shi+... Like I love the sound of bass and I'm open to alot of music but music I don't like you don't see me rantin' about it. I actually listened/seen to slipknot's lyrics and in a way like them. But w/e, I'm done.
Demonhunter399
hey i didnt even reailze it came out like that so just forget it. man i guy cant try to make a pun/joke without someone telling him that wasnt funny. the people now and day have to just ignor the dumb jokes people say or type or write.
Slashrose1010
What are you? Crazy? Dre and Eminem's early stuff is way better than anything LP could ever dish out. Nonphixion, Jedi Mind Tricks, Bone Thugs N' Harmony and Immortal Technique would school LP and any mainstream rapper anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.