Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Non-english Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2
ἀρχή
Here's a place to just post random things in a language other than English. Translation is nice, but not necessary. If you write something and someone else can correct your spelling/grammar, be prepared to have it corrected. That's the only way you'll learn how to do things better smile.gif.

I actually can't do much meaningfully in other languages, but here's my contribution in Hebrew:

ואכל קצירך ולחמך יאכלך בניך ובנותיך יאכל צאנך ובקרך יאכל גפנך ותאנתך ירשש ערי מבצריך אשר אתה בוטח בהנה בחרב

Jeremiah 5:17 for those who'd like to know what it says smile.gif

I can't get my vowel points to work online, so I didn't bother with them.
Quistis88
My contribution for the day:

gesamtkustwerke

(I love that word)

biggrin.gif Also:

Der Wille zur Macht
Jenseits von Gut und Bose
xrninja
だからここで日本語を話してもいい、ね?けど言いたい事あまりない。ああ、一つあるよ:

「ふあふあの感じ。」 biggrin.gif
blueices
[Blue looks at ninja's post and sobs when not yet learned kanji impede her understanding]

レンーちゃん、私のノートをもうよみましたか。
happy.gif
xrninja
読んだ、読んだ。今こたえを書いているよ。 happy.gif
Kitty Cat
wah~ 愛與誠~ mah fav song!
ἀρχή
קטל

When I was learning hebrew, almost all the verb forms were with this verb. It means, "he killed". There were times when I wanted to kill my hebrew teacher for all the quizes he gave so I came to love this word laugh.gif

εν αρχη ην ο λογος και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον

John 1:1 - I couldn't get the accents & breathing marks to work, so I apologize in advance tongue.gif
Slashrose1010
Sorry if some of the grammar/spelling is incorrect
Btw, that would be awesome speaking in Hebrew. The only word I know is Moseltoff (Can't spell)

Khoi no ye lo!
Mi padres son Arche y Kara. Ellos son muy carinosos y divertidos.
Kuabara, kuabara... (Not the Yu Yu character >_<)
Trisha Elric es muy picante! XD
Mitz keta.
Hoy (my new favorite word XD)
ἀρχή
nessisito estudio espaniol. Yo puedo hablar un poco de espanol sad.gif

Ich mu Deutsch studieren.
Slashrose1010
Wow, long time no see...

Heil Hitler! (I am not sure how to spell the "Hail") >_<
Skyna.
Ta die mah.
Multo bene <--can't spell
Ven conmigo.
Guetentag ,chao (jow, Vietnamese), chao (chow, european hello), hola, Bonjour
Dang sum! XD

Edited: Thanks Quis. I am so bad at German XD I probably spelled a lot of these words wrong XD
Quistis88
Slash, it's "heil".
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 10 2005, 02:58 PM)
Trisha Elric es muy picante! XD
Hoy (my new favorite word XD)
[snapback]129903[/snapback]

What you're saying here is that you've eaten/licked Trisha and she tasted hot.
Slashrose1010
Yes, I licked hot sauce off of her belly tongue.gif It was delicious happy.gif
xrninja
"ferme la bouche."

"ou est la toilette?"

yes, i don't remember much from my french-learning years in middle school.
Quistis88
QUOTE(xrninja @ Mar 10 2005, 07:23 PM)
"ferme la bouche."

"ou est la toilette?"

yes, i don't remember much from my french-learning years in middle school.

But those two phrases are really all you need to know. biggrin.gif
blueices
Blue's contribution for the day will not be in Japanese since she just got her butt kicked in its midterm today.

So I'm gonna dig up some of my memories of Latin: (Those who translate get a cookie or a weapon) Your choice happy.gif

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam

For Arche's Enjoyment: Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! : May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!

For Bling's use at an undisclosed location far far away from me: laugh.gif
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem! : Oh! More! Go on! Yes! Ooh! Ummm!

For my Queen's use: happy.gif Recidite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem! : Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business!
ἀρχή
donde esta la quarta de bano laugh.gif
blueices
hmmm close, but no cigar.

"Donde esta el bao" is fine.

Once you know that and "where's the food at?" that's enough to survive laugh.gif
xrninja
my new mantra of sorts: aut viam inventiam aut faciam. either i will find a way or i will make one.
Quistis88
QUOTE(blueices @ Mar 10 2005, 07:35 PM)
Catapultam habeo.  Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam

No idea. mellow.gif I wish I could speak Latin.

For Bling's use at an undisclosed location far far away from me: laugh.gif
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem! :  Oh! More! Go on! Yes! Ooh! Ummm!

OMG, you made me choke on water. laugh.gif

For my Queen's use: happy.gif  Recidite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!  : Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business!

Ahh, yes, I like. biggrin.gif
blueices
QUOTE(xrninja @ Mar 10 2005, 09:42 PM)
my new mantra of sorts: aut viam inventiam aut faciam. either i will find a way or i will make one.
[snapback]130172[/snapback]

Ooo I like that one! (Its a good way to think)

@Quistis: The first one is actually quite cute:

"I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head" laugh.gif
ἀρχή
Thank you Blue smile.gif - Been so long since I did any real spanish dry.gif

I don't know any latin sad.gif... Being on the boards, however, has got me back into looking at my ancient hebrew and greek more, so I guess I'm benefiting a bit biggrin.gif.... I just hate memorizing anything, which is why I tend to be so monolinguistic. I guess I'm like Augustine - he could use many languages if he wanted to, but didn't tongue.gif

bin ich aber tot!? laugh.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(blueices @ Mar 10 2005, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE(xrninja @ Mar 10 2005, 09:42 PM)
[snapback]130172[/snapback]

Ooo I like that one! (Its a good way to think)

@Quistis: The first one is actually quite cute:

"I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head" laugh.gif

I like ninja's as well. And the catapult one. Heh. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(arche @ Mar 10 2005, 07:52 PM)
I don't know any latin sad.gif... Being on the boards, however, has got me back into looking at my ancient hebrew and greek more, so I guess I'm benefiting a bit biggrin.gif.... I just hate memorizing anything, which is why I tend to be so monolinguistic. I guess I'm like Augustine - he could use many languages if he wanted to, but didn't tongue.gif

bin ich aber tot!? laugh.gif

Heh, I don't know what that says at all. Is Hebrew and/or Greek hard to learn, arche? I've always wanted to learn a little Greek.
ἀρχή
Everyone says that one is easier than the other depending on who you are. Greek was logical to me and I enjoyed learning to read it. It makes sense overall and is very regular.

Hebrew wasn't hard to learn, but was more open I guess. Translations I think were harder in Hebrew.

In both cases, the alphabet was the hardest thing for me laugh.gif I didn't mind the right to left reading in hebrew except when I turned a page. I always got so mixed up I couldn't tell what I was looking at blink.gif That's why I now use a Bible software program that has the greek and hebrew text whenever I want to look at it. I don't do much extra-biblical research now, so I don't worry about it. The key to doing good research with the original languages is in the lexicon you get. You have to get very strong and reputable lexicons to work with (not just any dictionary will do).

I always wanted to pick up Aramaic to complete my Biblical languages knowledge, but I think now I'm done. I'm more interested in philosophy than worrying about learning new languages.
Slashrose1010
Yo soy de Pennsylvania.
Mi los ojos es color de cafe.
Envy es muy loco >_<

Dang chek mai a!
Thievesvinegar
hatway hetay ellhay reaay llaay ayingsay?
hagane_no_tokage
here are some useless phrases in latin for you to hurl at people:

fac me cocleario vomere!: gag me with a spoon!
illiud Latine dici non potest!: you can't say that in Latin!
sona si Latine loqueris: honk if you speak Latin.
vescere bracis meis: eat my shorts.

and some of my personal favorites:

Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus: Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. (no offense, EKE!)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?: Howmuch wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

enjoy!
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Mar 6 2005, 05:40 AM)
gesamtkustwerke
Jenseits von Gut und Bose
[snapback]127488[/snapback]

...weee... nice^^^^
Gesamtkunstwerke=all the work of arts
Jenseits von Gut und Bse=beyond good and evil^^^^

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 10 2005, 11:14 PM)
Heil Hitler! (I am not sure how to spell the "Hail") >_<
[snapback]129915[/snapback]

...yaaaaay.. i didn't know german is so popular under you ppl^^^^
Heil=comes from the verb "heilen" which means "to heal"
phoenix dying
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Slashrose1010
@Prinz: happy.gif Yesh, everyone loves Germans, but no one likes the Dutch tongue.gif jk I love your location.... hehe, Europa tongue.gif

Mi Padre le gusta escuchar Slipknot.
Ang cheem >_<
Doh mah!
Ta die mah.
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 12 2005, 04:14 PM)
Mis los ojos es son del color de cafe.
Mi p[/b]adre le gusta escuchar a Slipknot.

[snapback]131569[/snapback]

Then again, my Spanish is not perfect.

Contribution of the day:
K=Ae^(-Ea/RT)
Slashrose1010
Yes, I did forget to place the personal a before Slipnkot.

Ugh... Actually, shouldn't it be "Tengo los ojos de color de cafe"? (I am not sure if you would make it "del" because I don't know if you would use a definite artical to say Cafe)
Quistis88
A new favorite:

"Ein Weib tut wenig, plaudert viel."

biggrin.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 13 2005, 12:14 AM)
@Prinz: happy.gif Yesh, everyone loves Germans, but no one likes the Dutch tongue.gif jk I love your location.... hehe, Europa tongue.gif
[snapback]131569[/snapback]

....what? i admire the netherlands very much because they were soooo great and famous and rich in the time around the renaissance and later....
the best harpsichords were produced in the netherlands... besides germany, i like all countries around germany in europe^^^^^^^^weeeeeee^^^^

uhm, i changed my location into Europe because of okase who changed his signature from "netherlands" into "europe"... i find this idea very reasonable...-__-

QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 13 2005, 12:26 AM)
Contribution of the day:
K=Ae^(-Ea/RT)
[snapback]131572[/snapback]

what is this e-function?!?!?! i wanna know ... pls tell me, Guest!!!!!!!!! is it from biology?!?!?!
What is R what is T?!?! -> or ist it from Electrotechnics?!?!?!
pls, tell!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Mar 13 2005, 01:43 AM)
"Ein Weib tut wenig, plaudert viel."(a woman does not work much, but she talks a lot!)^^
[snapback]131623[/snapback]

...AHHAHAHA^^^^^^^... ya, quis.... this is a veeeeeery typical german sentence from a real strong german man!! there's almost no sentence existing which could be more conservative than this one^^^^

-> "Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang sollen in der Welt behalten ihren alten, schnen Klang"(from the first(since hitler lost) forbidden stanca) which means
-> "German wine and german singing shall keep their old and beautiful sound in the whole world"
^^^^
Slashrose1010
Can someone please tranlate this text?
IPB Image
nekodesu
Mine would be....well I can't actually type the actual lettering since I don't have the Japanese program in my computer but anyways, here's mine:

Ano yaro ore no bento nusumiagata!!!
(That bastard stole my friggin lunch!!!!) XP ...yes...very random
ἀρχή
venga aqui! (spelling?) I have to say that to my daughter all the time tongue.gif
nekodesu
Does venga aqui mean come here? O.o
ἀρχή
QUOTE(nekodesu @ Apr 2 2005, 09:19 PM)
Does venga aqui mean come here? O.o
[snapback]145618[/snapback]

Assuming I spelled it right, yes it does mean that smile.gif
nekodesu
O_O!!! Really....wow my moron spanish teacher actually taught me something.
alchemist x
My favorite japanese phrase is.

Kisama no baba wo yatchao!
sege tigi agap kaga ligi aga kugu megen dege ngagar laga gugu igi nigi raga saga pege digih igi nigi mugun cugul laga gigi. kaga pagan kaga mugu aga kagan kegem baga ligi kege sigi sigi kugu. togo logong aga kugu aga gagar kugu jaga digi lege bigih kugu agat. tege rigi maga kaga sigih yaga, aga tagas sege mugu aga yagang tege lah kagau laga kugu kagan.
Can someone please translate these:

Kisama (Has been hearing two different defs from two different people)
You Bastard in Japanese, starts with a K
Curse words in Japanese (this should be allowed since people curse here anyways in Engrish tongue.gif)
Moron in Jap

~Slash -Son of The Boss
Zarpia
Yo hablo espaol, es mi lengua natal, aparte de esa solo hablo ingles, pero no tanto aun tengo que practicar demaciado, sobre todo en los verbos.

That's spanich if every one was wondering.
Ailuro
Tu seras simplement brl si tu t'approaches trop prs du soleil.
phoenix dying
Quando omni flunkus, mortati
luciferownsme
Mon francais n'est pas forte. Mon prof aime mon cruddy project du francais. (I think I messed up on word order. I hate french class)

Salve. Lucifer diligo (I have forgotten all my parsing and conjugating skills)

Watashi wa totemo baka gaijin (three years and horrible preschool level Japanese)

dew lay low may bew lea boo (incoherent bad romanization of how to really badly insult a Chinese person and their family and get yourself killed.)

I know many languages but don't know them with any proficiency.
Raven
Guten tag. Die luft ist frisch, und die landschaft ist schon....MEIN GOTT! DAS KATZE IST SEHR GROSS!
DonnaDelDrago
Du meinst:
Die Landschaft ist SCHOEN
und
DIE Katze ist sehr gross.
Slashrose1010
What is all this non-sense aboot? I don't get it, eh? I am all sixes and sevens @__@ I have to clean up my flat and light me a fag. Then, take my duty as a mounty and referee a curling match, eh. Can you pass me some chips and crumpet with a cup o' tea?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.