Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sneak Preview Of Fma Anime Movie!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2
RolfKaese
<Since this thread is really about the preview of FMA movie I'm moving this from FMA Anime Japanese Audience sub-forum to FMA Anime Movie sub-forum. And, changing the thread title from "Omfg I Pissed My Pants!" to "Sneak Preview of FMA Anime Movie!!." THEN closing the thread. 02/21/07 ~Tombow>

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.shochiku.co.jp/hagaren/top.html

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zed
....oooooooOOOOOOHHHHH

Well, the picture must have some meaning eh? Looks alot like Hohenheim blink.gif

The trailer wasn't much, anyone know if they say anything important? I assume once the series is done we might get some more info.
RolfKaese
looks like this is Edward at Age 18 in the Movie coming 2005... *faints*
its a teaser trailer with mixed up op music/video. Big deal. Its just as bad as the funmation one on www.fullmetalalcehmist.com
Nayorth
ok if anyone else picked it up edward did not have a real arm and Al did not have his body (unless it was inside the suit of armor this time) so logic dictacts that they did not succeade in getting their bodies back
Zed
Are you basing that on the trailer? I dont think the trailer is decent enough to reveal something like that, as it looks like old footage from the series instead of movie footage.
RolfKaese
ljust creamed my pants again after looking a long time at the picture. looks like the artwork done for the covers of the DVD. looks like its a real one, doesnt it?
Zed
I kind of liked his old outfit better, hehe.

Hard to tell though if he has grown any or not biggrin.gif
RolfKaese
looks like he has grown...
Zed
The face seems older, and he does seem less scrawny, so you're probably right. Of course, to keep withh the fun of the short jokes, he probably hasnt grown that much
Yami no neko
Hmmm, Interesting. Ed is all grown up and looking serious. Looks like it's going to be a good one.
Vael
Ooooh. I like it. hrm... I don't like his wardrobe as much, though...
PaolitaBaby
Lol, wow your quick, it has been like what---an hour since we saw that =D, EDO IS SOO SEXY wink.gif
It's the old footage , however , I'd assume that they won't gain their bodies back and also , mainly because Ed wouldn't be Hagaren No Renkinjutsushi , remember? they definelty won't get their bodies back. the only thing I think is from the movie's is the part where Ed is slicing a snake or something like that
Crimsonblade
OMFG! ED HEIGHT +1!!!!!

The trailer doesn't show anything new though...
Vael
Ed slicing the snake is in the second opening.
RolfKaese
nope, its from the third opening =P
...I think it looks crappy. LOL LOOK WE CAN MAKE A TRAILER WITH OLD FOOTAGE LOL

Further proving that FMA has gone to shit recently.

So sad, considering the promise the series had at the start.
NINDOX
Puberty hit Ed like a rock, lol.
Anybody notice the fact that it might mean something that Al's not there? It would suck, but there might be something going to happen like Al sacrificing his body to get Ed his limbs back. It would suck, but it could be sleep.gif'
Vael
Third opening.. second opening... same thing ;;>.>
TheVileOne
Ah, this is no big thang mad.gif . All it is is just some recycled clips and footage from the series and opening animations. Though the new picture of what looks like an older Edward Elric looks pretty cool. Though we cannot tell from that picture if he still his his automail limbs or not.

Anyone know the release date for Full Metal Alchemist The Movie in Japan? Hopefully it will get some kind of release in the US.
WaveMaster
If Al dies I'll be pissed and probably not watch the movie
ScaR
The trailer wasn't so much to see...
Quistis88
Ed grows!? NOOOOOOOOO . . .

Not that it's not good, but . . . I'll miss all the anti-chibi attacks. Looks like he decided to grow his hair out, too.

The wardrobe can be questionable. The way he is dressed in the picture makes him resemble Hohenheim, the one person he really really hates. Maybe he changes his mind? In my opinion, Ed looks much better in red. I will be so sad if Al dies, but I would not be surprised.
Yami no neko
Ed being older means his personality will change. He may not be all hyperactive anymore, which would be a shame. The coat does make him look like an old man, and his nose on that picture just looks odd.
Mike2789
I agree with Yami no neko.
But that teaser was crappy... oh well it was a Teaser after all =/
BlueRakuen
I prefer it being some crappy trailer made from old footage than something actually taken from the movie that would make the one year wait more painfull (did that make sence^... the english part of my brain just died <__<)
and older Ed is sexeh! *.*
Chibi Viki
i agree... the trailer was pointless as it showed nothing new...

but that gorgeous pic of Ed was good enough to make me scream with delight ^^
PaolitaBaby
Well, from what i can tell from the picture, Ed is still a national alchemist. You can see the chain thing (slightly) in his pocket.

Im doubting Al dies, at least at the beginning, i have such a bad feeling that Ed will sacrifice himself for Al =(
Why would Ed still be a national alchemist if Al dies before the movie developes?

He probably still has his automail.

Yea, his nose does looks funny, probably because he's older, and most of the old characters have funny noses =P

His Wardrobe is OK, i mean, he might look better without the vest and cape. Maybe it's just the way most men would dress like.

As for his height, welllll, i guess you cant tell if he's short or tall (enuf). He looks a decent size. And i hope he doesnt inherit that deep-ass voice of Hohenhiem (or whatever his fathers name is)

Yea, when is the movie coming out?? I wonder if we're gunna have to wait for a DVD rip =( Bleh.
Kodachrome
This looks like the perfect movie to have Greed come back as Greed the White. :>
Guest again
QUOTE(Kodachrome @ Aug 8 2004, 03:47 AM)
This looks like the perfect movie to have Greed come back as Greed the White. :>

Why not but what will be the title? Something like The fellowship of the Circle? or maybe The Two Alchemists? or will it be The return of the King (huh Bradley, what's he doing there?! blink.gif ) laugh.gif
Hoshi
I saw the pics, and I did the body proportion (I'm a mangaka) Ed isn't a lot more high to since has 16 years, in fact the proportion of this settei is 1 to 4 and the proportion of the settei movie is 1 to 4/4, this mean the he is again short.

Then for the "nose", the designer of this pics, is that of DVD cover and his style is a little different to that of normal settei...in fact the noses that he draws are more large (you see the cover on official site).
So I think that maybe is neccesary to see other pics and this time of the settei and not illustrations and then we will say that his nose is changed.^^

For Al I think that there will be in this movie, in armour version, because I saw that on the Studio Bones's diary there was something about this.

P.S. sorry my bad english^^;;;
Kodachrome
QUOTE(Guest again @ Aug 8 2004, 08:23 AM)
QUOTE(Kodachrome @ Aug 8 2004, 03:47 AM)

Why not but what will be the title? Something like The fellowship of the Circle? or maybe The Two Alchemists? or will it be The return of the King (huh Bradley, what's he doing there?! blink.gif ) laugh.gif

Dude, yes.

"The Fellowship of the Philosphers Stone"
"The Two Transmutation Circles"
"The Return of the Awesome"
Guest again
QUOTE(Kodachrome @ Aug 8 2004, 11:06 AM)
Dude, yes.

"The Fellowship of the Philosphers Stone"
"The Two Transmutation Circles"
"The Return of the Awesome"

Hey wait a minute, I just realized our titles are screwed since:

-"the Fellowship of the Philosopher Stone": that's what they have been doing so far in the series
-"the 2 Transmutation Circles": it is already the case since there is what Ed and the others use and the circle used in Ishbal
-"The Return of the Awesome": it is already done by either Dante or Hohenheim since both are really really strong so that even homonculus fear them...

Damn anime producers(Studio Bones), they got it on tracks already, well I just hope we won't have a movie like: "FMA2: the return of the revival of the reborn of the resurected" (no no don't do a kenshin-like movie)...well hopefully they will end on a movie and won't make a sequel out of the movie like FMA GT or Saint FMA: the Gate chapter or .FMA//Desert or even Hokuto no FMA: circles of the Northern Headquarters for example, oups and I almost forgot FMA in the shell: StandAlone Circles with its own sequel FMA in the Shell: SAC 2nd Stone laugh.gif
Kodachrome
Kimbley + Greed + Hughes coming back from the dead = Return of the Awesome. $_$
Here's another thought, why would Ed's outfit look so much as Hohenheim's? Think of what we learned at the end of episode 44 wink.gif
~Crystal_Starz~
Um... someone tell me what the trailer was about? since i dont understand japanese... thanks
Yami no neko
I think it just basicly said there will be a movie in 2005. They proabably don't wanna give too much away or it may still be in the making, having things changed still.
Den
I think we don't see Al if they show him, it will be a spoiler, and we will know if he find his body or not before see that in the anime.
TrueAlchemist
Man, Ed got taller.
But, I like shorter version of Ed.
Omakase Shimasu
Edward's... all grown up. Maybe he and Winry will be a couple.... Nah~.... sad.gif I feel kinda sad looking at the picture, actually.

Wonder if Roy will show up... Maybe he's finally made it to Fuhrer. That is, if Bradley dies at the end of the series... or something.

So no US release date yet, huh? *siiigh*
RolfKaese
nah,why should one be? they will sub it anyway ^^
Vael
I'm debating on whether or not to see dubbed version if it's shown in the movie theatres.

Then again, Yu-Gi-Oh! the movie is shown in the theatres here... and if FMA doesn't make it, HEADS WILL ROLL!

Then again, FUNimation sucks and needs to die a terrible capitalistic death.
Omakase Shimasu
They're gonna sub a movie? blink.gif Never heard of a subbed movie... Only subbed OAVs...... oh wait. Kenshin. *slaps head* If that was a subbed version at least...

I'm debating on whether or not to see dubbed version if it's shown in the movie theatres.

dry.gif You Americans have all the luck. Jeez, getting dubbed anime movies in movie theaters. XP
WarzoneCommand
What's wrong with subbed movies. I would rather have subbed anime on TV than when they get their own voice actors and translate everything into dutch ( like with pokemon, yugioh and all the Fox Kids programs )
Omakase Shimasu
Kakakakaka~ anime in Dutch~ XD so true--!

Oh, were you talking to me? blink.gif Oh, I don't mind subbed movies at all! In fact, I strongly encourage the subbed versions. (seeing and hearing Yu-Gi-Oh/Beyblades in Dutch makes me crack up everytime, though Pokemon isn't even half-bad...It surprised me they didn't dub DBZ in Dutch) I just meant I forgot that Kenshin the Movie was subbed. It was a Movie.

Oh crap. blink.gif I just realized Kenshin the Movie we have isn't even subbed. We got the dubbed. T_T Sorry to all you American-dub-lovers, but those voice-overs, bluntly put, sucked eggs.
TheVileOne
Just a little FYI, Dreamworks is releasing Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence in Japanese with English subtitles in American theatres next month. Probably only be a limited theatrical release though.
Omakase Shimasu
Just a little FYI, Dreamworks is releasing Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence in Japanese with English subtitles in American theatres next month. Probably only be a limited theatrical release though.

America, America, America.... Needless to say I'm quite envious now. dry.gif

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Gah! Thanks for the info, though!!
QUOTE(Vael @ Aug 8 2004, 05:35 PM)

Then again, FUNimation sucks and needs to die a terrible capitalistic death.

YEAH GOD I HATE IT WHEN COMPANIES LICENSE ANIME AND TRY TO DISTRIBUTE IT OVERSEAS JESUS WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LET US DOWNLOAD OUR FANSUBS IN PEACE

ALSO DUBS SUCK LOL SUBBED ALL THE WAY!!111
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.