Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gundam Series (Except Gundam Wing, Endless Waltz, Gundam 00) : Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, and other Gundam series
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
icanflyouch
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED (機動戦士ガンダムSEED (シード) Kidō Senshi Gandamu Shīdo?) is an anime television series developed by Sunrise and directed by Mitsuo Fukuda. The plot follows Kira Yamato's involvement in the war between the Naturals and the Coordinators (humans who are genetically modified before birth to possess enhanced traits).
The series spans fifty episodes broadcast in Japan from October 5, 2002, to September 27, 2003, on the JNN TV stations: TBS and MBS.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: Heliopolis, a so-called neutral space colony was holding a top-secret weapons research facility, producing Gundams for the Earth Alliance. ZAFT, which is composed of Coordinators (genetically modified/upgraded humans), attacks Heliopolis, stealing 4 out of the Alliance's 5 Gundams. In the battlefield, civilian Kira Yamato stumbles upon the Strike, the last remaining Gundam of the alliance, and is forced to pilot it. In the midst of battle he encounters his best friend, Athrun Zala, as one of the hijackers of the 5 Gundams, who sides with ZAFT. Being a Coordinator, he is the only one who can pilot the Gundam. But Kira is not with ZAFT, even though they're his own kind, nor the Alliance. Since the Alliance is the only place he could turn to at the time, he sides with them. He pilots the Gundam to protect his friends, and to fight his best friend, which pains both of them. It's a war between individual beliefs.

Genres: action, drama, horror, psychological, science fiction
Themes: genetic enhancement, mecha, military, real robot, space, space colonies, space navy
Episodes: 50
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

-------

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny (機動戦士ガンダムSEED DESTINY Kidō Senshi Gandamu Shīdo Desutinī?) is the second anime television series set in the Cosmic Era universe of Gundam by Sunrise. Set two years after the original Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED Destiny features many new characters and some returning ones. The series spanned 50 episodes (plus a recap episode entitled "Edited"), aired in Japan from October 9, 2004 to October 1, 2005 at 6:00 p.m. on the JNN TV stations TBS and MBS.

Plot Summary: Cosmic Era 73. Though the signing of a peace treaty brought the war between the Naturals and Coordinators to an apparent close, tensions fueled by the continued threat of Blue Cosmos continue to run high. During a conference between PLANT chairman Gilbert Dullindal and Orb representative Cagalli Yula Athha concerning the threat of a new military arms race, an Alliance special forces team attacks the ZAFT base they're meeting at and makes off with three new Gundam mobile suits. Forced to pursue them, Shinn Asuka of ZAFT and Athrun Zala of Orb set out aboard the new space battleship Minerva, and engage the retreating Alliance strike team in combat. But just as they catch up to the fleeing ship, the crew of the Minerva receives word of an even greater catastrophe in the making, which will undoubtedly re-ignite the brutal war between the Naturals & Coordinators all over again.

Genres: action, drama, horror, psychological, science fiction
Themes: genetic enhancement, mecha, military, real robot, space colonies, war
Episodes: 50
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

=====

-------

I was looking for a topic like this, but lo and behold, I found no such thing. ohmy.gif So I made one. Because the show rox my sox.

Sooo discuss. Like it or no? Favorite characters? Favorite pairings? Favorite mobile suits? etc.

My favorites go like this:

Character: Nicol Amarfi (if you couldn't tell, and wish him a happy early birthday, it's on March 1st), among others.
Pairings: Way too many to list. >.>
Mobile Suits: Abyss, Blitz, Freedom and Forbidden
Falling_Man
Please no cursing unless it's necessary.

Yeah, I didn't bother making one, cause I heard some thought it was overrated.

I think it's still great anime. If not the characters, then the mechs.

I haven't seen Destiny, but I've seen some of Seed. It's pretty good, despite many formulae used to make some of the older Gundam series was recycled heavily in this series.
icanflyouch
Alright, fixed it. Sorry. ^^;

Yeah, I hear that a lot, too. But then again, people say the same things about shows like InuYasha, but there are still topics about that, right?

ohmy.gif The mechs are sexy. And the characters have great development, in my opinion.

But yeah, all the Gundam shows have the same idea going about them. A friend and I even mad a 'Gundam Equation'. XD
Falling_Man
Great. Maybe there won't be so many offended people.

Isn't Nicol the guy who died in the Blitz Gundam? huh.gif
IronFlame
Seed is awesome Destiny seems okay at the moment not started heating up yet has alot to do to get up to the standards of FMA!
icanflyouch
QUOTE(Falling_Man @ Feb 27 2005, 03:18 PM)

[snapback]122871[/snapback]

Oooh, just maybe. The last thing I want is to offend people.

Yeah, that's him. I got really attatched to him, even after I found out he died. Way to go, me. XD
Shinsei Kage
The only Gundam anime I've ever seen is Gundam SEED. Actually, I just bought volume 1 a few days ago, loved it, and I'm going to buy volume 2 very soon. *nods*

Nicol has the best looking Gundam, IMO. (I've only seen the first 5 episodes though, so my opinion is likely to change eventually)
Falling_Man
QUOTE(icanflyouch @ Feb 28 2005, 11:06 PM)
QUOTE(Falling_Man @ Feb 27 2005, 03:18 PM)

[snapback]122871[/snapback]

Oooh, just maybe. The last thing I want is to offend people.

Yeah, that's him. I got really attatched to him, even after I found out he died. Way to go, me. XD
[snapback]123618[/snapback]

Nicol reminds me of Quatra from Wing. They look and act so much alike.

Best Gundam on Seed? Freedom (some say it's based off X Gundam), Justice Gundam (obviously based off Epyon, in my opinion) or one of the ASTRAYS. (the true ASTRAYs, not those gay M1s) Blitz is pretty nice though.
Bling_bling_Angel
I thought Seed was pretty gay... mellow.gif
Fayt
Seed was kinda gay but Justice Gundam is cool laugh.gif
icanflyouch
I know I'm going to sound hypocritical seeing as I just got pinned for swearing in this topic, but can I ask you not to use gay as derogatory statement? I'd really appreciate that. And if you don't like the series, then tell us why.

The Justice Gundam was sort of pink. XD But yeah, Freedom and Justice are really cool looking, with Freedom's wings and all. Though Shani calls them 'weird'. I love the Forbidden, too, with it's scythe and... crab shell?
gamefreak_12345
Seed was a very good anime. The Freedom looks cool(especially with METEOR) and the Justice was...ok.. but I think the Providence is the coolest of them all. biggrin.gif
DeVilSoul
Whoa,gundam seed rocks!I'm so sad over the fact that i missed some eps.X(But,from what i've watched,i still liked it lots.

Nicol died!And he was(still is) one of my favourite characters!
I like kira,and athrun too.Oh,and kira's sister(sorry,i kinda forgot her name),she's sooooo cute and bubbly.I like athrun's mobile suit too,it's too cool~
Duo_Maxwell
I should watch it some time..
NightAlchemist
I like Seed but i haven't seen destiny yet. What i have heard about it i don't think i'll like it. My friends say that FMA is way better then this.
NightAlchemist
Favorite character:Athrun
Favorite pairs:to many to count
Favorite Gundams: DeathScythe and Freeedom
Falling_Man
Something to discuss.

Who thinks Mu La Flaga was a Newtype?
Bling_bling_Angel
Hey, guys...

I'm not sure how many of you have watched the new G-Seed Destiny series, but what have you to say about this beyotch Mia?

She's like a slutty clone of Lux Klyne...

Behold: Lux Klyne -

http://www.gun-plus.com/gallery/Images/see...w7-harogirl.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Mia Campbell -

http://www.gun-plus.com/gallery/seedd/za_promo3.jpg

sleep.gif

Yeah...

I'll post more images on 'em soon...
Omakase Shimasu
Well, when you do, you should consider adjusting the images or turn them into links or something. The way they are now is screwing up the site layout. biggrin.gif;;
Bling_bling_Angel
biggrin.gif

Aa, gomen ne, sempai... XD
Fresh_Coffee
Are you sure they are two different people? *hasn't yet seen the sequel to gundam seed*
Bling_bling_Angel
Quite so, Cafe-chan... sleep.gif;;;

Apparently, Mia was used as a decoy when Lux disappeared in space, so as not to cause public consternation.

Hence, they look very much alike; they differ only in personality. Lux tends to be the a prudish and reserved lil lady... *cough* With Mia... well... let's juss say... *cough-cough* That's not quite so. She actually pulled her skirt off in one concert that she held on the colonies. 0_0... Draw your conclusions... AND, she sneaked up into Athrun's bedroom wearing nothing but a nightie... mellow.gif

What sayeth thou?
Quistis88
"Gundam Seed / Destiny" threads merged.
Kasumi
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Jun 2 2005, 02:26 AM)
Hence, they look very much alike; they differ only in personality. Lux tends to be the a prudish and reserved lil lady... *cough* With Mia... well... let's juss say... *cough-cough* That's not quite so. She actually pulled her skirt off in one concert that she held on the colonies. 0_0... Draw your conclusions... AND, she sneaked up into Athrun's bedroom wearing nothing but a nightie... mellow.gif

What sayeth thou?
[snapback]183970[/snapback]

"Sneaked" in Athrun's bedroom? She crawled into HIS BED!!! *shudders* -__-

And the official spelling is Lacus, not Lux. wink.gif
Mustang's Apprentice
I just saw Volume 1 of this show(SEED) yesterday, and this is a masterpiece.

I've already ordered the next two volumes.

My favorite characters so far are:Athrun,Ezak,Murrue Ramius, and Natarle Badgiruel(the last twi are so hot!!)
ymsg
I LOVE Athrun. Lacus... okay, I dunno what to think about her. She gets on my last nerve.
Kasumi
laugh.gif Why am I not surprised to see so many Athrun fans and barely any Kira fans?
gabe
You know, I really dont know about that. about the kira and Athrun fans. weird. blink.gif but, people have many different opinions but I guess the majority of the people just like Athrun. the world is a strange place. huh.gif
Kasumi
Well, I've always been a bigger Kira fan than Athrun fan. (especially with everything that has happened in GSDestiny)

It's very easy to like Athrun, but not quite so with Kira. In fact, Kira wasn't very well-liked until half-way through the series. The image Kira projected was less than impressive in the first half of the series. (and the whole thing with Fllay took away many points) and Athrun had always been the strong and good-looking pilot who "supposedly" knew what his priorities were.
ymsg
Athrun just always intrigued me is all. Don't get me wrong, I love Kira. I do! He's so cute!! But Athrun just interested me more. and I love his eyes *drool*
Mustang's Apprentice
I don't like Kira that much myself.

Maybe it's the main character thing, or because Athrun seems much cooler and people sometimes love good characters on the evil side(referring to SEED of course).
Kasumi
I'd say it was because Kira was quite annoying in the beginning. Episode after episode, he was sulking and sometimes, doing stupid things. People lose interest easily, and watching a character sulk isn't something anyone wants to watch for 10 episodes.

(Of course, he redeemed himself in the second half of the series and in Destiny. smile.gif In my opinion, anyway.)
Fresh_Coffee
I still can't believe that girl isn't Lacus. o_____o Is Lacus still alive somewhere? *is a Lacus x Kira fan, can't help it*
Kasumi
Mia (fake Lacus) looks younger and wears more...revealing clothes... That's how you can tell Mia apart from Lacus.

And yes, Lacus is still alive somewhere. smile.gif (and a fellow KiraxLacus fan! biggrin.gif)
Crimson Rose
I've seen a lot of it but most of the time I wasn't paying attention. I got into it because I saw Kira and I thought he was really cute. I was surprised to find out how many fans love Athrun. I thought Kira would have been #1. At least he was second place. Now I think Kira has competition with Shinn.

Grrr. What makes me mad is when the fans make fun of Kira because he cries. I actually like that in him because he cares a lot about people. If it were me, I'd cry too!

I can totally tell the difference between Lacus and...erm...her clone. Whatever her name is? If you see pictures of them together you can tell. I have a desktop of Lacus but there is a picture of Mia in there because she doesn't look the same. I know the things in their hair is different too.

I don't mind Lacus's voice in the dub. It took me a little to get used to and it wasn't what I expected. In the sub however I like it more. I love her singing voice! Definately one of my favorite anime singers. Fields of Hope is my favorite song that she sings. I wished she sung more. I know she sings a few more but only like a few songs aren't enough for me.
Digitalgirl
Kira fan all the way!!! [I hate Shinn.........and GSD has been licensed already......nooo......]

GSD spoiler?

Athrun doesn't have his priorities straight in GSD...at least for half the series
mongooseboi
shinn is an idiot.
athrun cries too much.
kira and neo didn't die.
stellar dies.
lumanaria likes athrun.
its all wrong, unless lumanaria hooks up with shinn. :]
IronFlame
I doubt Luna likes Athrun anymore considering what happened last episode next ep should be good and I can't wait for them to reveal:
[spoiler]Strike Freedom[/spoiler]
_lime_chan_the_wannabe_alchemist
QUOTE(Kasumi @ Jun 4 2005, 03:06 PM)
laugh.gif Why am I not surprised to see so many Athrun fans and barely any Kira fans?
[snapback]185356[/snapback]

I'm a Kira fan ^.^,but I also like Athrun too
gseed
Kira got annoying after a while but I guess he's pretty cool. Shinn's just plain weird. Athrun is one of the best character's to me. But why did Auel die!! He was cool. But I didn't like his gundam "Abyss". It was quite ugly. Mia is kinda slutty, if you ask me. Much more revealing thean Lacus. Over all I love GSD! biggrin.gif
IronFlame
Athrun hasn't done much.. he did in the last ep andin this weeks
[spoiler] he'll team up with Kira in Infinite justice and do something for once after that.[/spoiler]
Shinn is very strange at times I've felt sorry for him and then he goes and does something arrogant.
IronFlame
And anyway they've pencilled in another anime to take it's place when GSD finishes in Japan and that is after it hits episode 50 like it's predecessor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.