Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hagaren Roleplay
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Roleplay Community
hagane_no_tokage
hello there...i am here to speak on behalf of an RP that tobuchan,myself, and a few others have been arranging. we need more characters,and we will be holding auditions for anyone interested in joining this RP.

okay, now, to pre-empt the flood of ZOMG!!!!11 posts...i am laying down some groundrules before i even get started... the RP in question here is a literate, very intense, sub-based, post-series, journal atmosphere roleplay! allow me to reiterate on LITERATE.

this means that you are pre-disqualified if you:

a.) are strictly an [AS] viewer
b.) cannot type in full sentences with proper english usage
c.) cannot make a commitment to this RP...on a geeky high-school D&D kind of level
d.) are only interested in playing Roze or some OC with the sole motivation of wedding/bedding/etc Edward, Roy, or any other canon character

PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING *ANY* ORIGINAL CHARACTERS AT THIS TIME! NONE! ZERO! DO NOT EVEN ASK! YOU WILL BE IGNORED AND POSSIBLY SHOT! BY HAWKEYE! AND HAWKEYE NEVER MISSES!

if you do not fit any of the above restrictions...congratulations on making it this far. but wait, there's more.

this story will be taking place three years after the final episode of hagaren. that would be episode 51... If you have not seen this episode, refer to the list above and re-evaluate. since the movie has not been released yet and no one has seen it or all subtleties thereof, we are basically holding this storyline as if the movie is not happening/has not happened yet.

in order to even be considered for entry into this RP, you will need to submit an application--yes, you read me--to either Tobu Ishi or myself, for consideration. in this application, you must include the name of the character you wish to play (a list will be provided below of characters open for audition), as well as personal bio information.

yes, yes, i know, if we aren't accepting OC's, that means that they are canon characters... so, duh, why do you have to write up a bio? we all KNOW them already...right?

*smakk* WRONG! don't be a lazy-ass! we're doing this to weed out the lazy-asses. we want a full bio, including history [to the best of your knowledge or--if you're feeling brave--some speculation], and an in-depth personality analysis. we want you to get into the character's head. show us you have the dedication and perseverence to do that.

also, being that three years have passed since the end of the series, we want to know what your character has been doing in those three years. IN DETAIL! we're looking for those of you who got off on the essays you had to write in senior english, folks... the ones who swear by the thesaurus and pledge on the bible of the dictionary. we want you to wow us with your application...

...we're elitist snob RPers. impress us. XD

also, the RP will be starting out a tad slow... so even if you are accepted to join us, chances are your character may have to wait to jump in. and when you DO come in, for god's sake make it for a good reason... none of this HERE I AM WHY ISN'T N E BODY REPLYING?!! crap. tobuchan and i are the GM's, guys...our word is law.

the rewards for all this hoop-jumping? an RP in which you will never have to deal with n00bs, idiots, godplayers, or mary sues. an RP free of OMGWTF?!??!!!11 and one-line dialogue. an RP that reads like a good piece of fanfiction instead of a bad AIM conversation with your 10-year-old cousin. in the end, all *you* have to do, is know the characters, and be able to write english fluently and properly.

we don't think that's too much to ask...

SPECS:

setting: amestris, three years after the close of the TV series

basis: Edward finds himself in the ruins beneath Central City, three years after the events that took place at the end of the TV anime series. he then goes on a journey to head back to his old home town of Resembool, wherein he must deal with the faces of many changes that took place while he was away...some of which he will have a hard time adjusting to... and this journey is only the beginning of the story...

characters CLOSED FOR AUDITION:
do NOT apply for these characters!!

Edward Elric
Alphonse Elric
Riza Hawkeye
Roy Mustang
Jean Havoc
Winry Rockbell
Izumi Curtis
Black Hayate
Dante
Pinako Rockbell
Shou Tucker
Envy
Wrath
Kain Fuery
Sciezska

all other characters who were alive at the end of episode 51 are up for grabs.

so good luck! you can email your applications to myself, hagane_no_tokage: hikari_sama@graffiti.net or Tobu Ishi: aclark@willamette.edu. we hope to hear from some of you soon! XD

Update (17Sep05): the roles of Fuery and Sciezska have been filled. also, we have been having a problem with the GreatestJournal community we've been archiving on...we're missing some chapters and comments that have mysteriously vanished. if anyone happens to have chapter 2, part 4, or chapter 3, part 1 saved anywhere, we will give you cookies. if you can help, please tell us here! thank you!!

and as always, we are open to secondary characters or cameo appearances, so if there is someone you've got your eye on who hasn't already been spoken for, don't hesitate to send us an email!.
Chiyo
Goodness me, you certainly have set alot of guidelines haven't you? It was wise to I suppose when you look at some of the 'English' that occurs on this board.

I think you may have some difficulty finding people has the major characters are gone. Still, there is bound to be people who want to take part in this venture.
As for me, the only I character I'd say I could play has been taken. I won't join for the sake of joining, thats unfair on the other role players more than anything.

Good luck with this anyway. If you are posting it on here I can't wait to read what tales you come up with biggrin.gif
Full Flame Alchemist
All the characters I would choose are either:

1. Closed for audition

2.Dead.

3.A homonculus who is not Wrath.
hagane_no_tokage
@le monkey: yay! we look forward to seeing what you can come up with! ^__^

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Feb 26 2005, 10:54 AM)
Goodness me, you certainly have set alot of guidelines haven't you? It was wise to I suppose when you look at some of the 'English' that occurs on this board.

i personally have been a part of far too many RPs that were barely legible at best, and horrible wastes of attempted english at worst. __ figured we needed to stop that before it started in this case...

I think you may have some difficulty finding people has the major characters are gone. Still, there is bound to be people who want to take part in this venture.
As for me, the only I character I'd say I could play has been taken. I won't join for the sake of joining, thats unfair on the other role players more than anything.

ah, yeah, that was another partially pre-emptive strike. since we're going to be reading 'applications' to decide who we think will play the best [inster character here], we were rather afraid of getting swamped with "OMG can I B ed!?" emails... u__u

and as mentioned, we are not taking apps for OC's 'at this time'. this may change later...feel free to check in this thread from time to time, it will serve as an OOC discussion thread as well as an announcement board for events, etc. if more auditions open up, the first post will be modified and an announcement will be made. happy.gif

Good luck with this anyway. If you are posting it on here I can't wait to read what tales you come up with biggrin.gif
[snapback]122028[/snapback]

we'll be posting in a greatestjournal community. once things get moving, we'll post links, and even if you're not part of the RP, you're welcome to tag along and post all your comments in here! XD we'd love to know what you guys think of the story as it progresses. heh heh, it'll be like...interactive or something. w00t.

QUOTE(Full Flame Alchemist @ Feb 26 2005, 11:20 AM)
All the characters I would choose are either:

1. Closed for audition

2.Dead.

3.A homonculus who is not Wrath.
[snapback]122044[/snapback]

ah, from your sig i can imagine who it is you had in mind... once we get a Dante, that role may open up, so don't lose hope yet. stay tuned? we'll be posting changes and news in this thread. ♥
Slashrose1010
I have only seen episodes 1-10 -___- Do you need to have seen the entire series? If not I would like to be Envy if he is not already taken. Though, I have only seen one episode with him and he was in the form of Cornello I know certain... juicy spoilers that could help me get into character. If this is allowed I will present you with an audition.
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Feb 26 2005, 05:16 PM)
I have only seen episodes 1-10 -___- Do you need to have seen the entire series? If not I would like to be Envy if he is not already taken. Though, I have only seen one episode with him and he was in the form of Cornello I know certain... juicy spoilers that could help me get into character. If this is allowed I will present you with an audition.
[snapback]122214[/snapback]

well, since we're going post-series...and envy's status is...unclear at said point, we are currently not accepting applications for him. once we get a dante, this may change. please stay tuned for news regarding character openings etc. all will be posted here as things move along.

in the meantime...especially if you are interested in auditioning for envy...yes, go watch the rest of the series...XD you kind of need to see the rest of it for envy.
Slashrose1010
U_U I see... But if I could watch all the epiosdes don't you think I would've done it already XD Maybe I can go read up on him instead happy.gif And I will keep an eye out, thanks.
Tobu Ishi
To everyone who's feeling discouraged because the "main" few characters are taken, please consider this: this is a roleplay. Therefore, if the game goes in that direction, nearly anyone could become a main character.

If you decided you wanted to play, say...oh, maybe Claus, that little girl who crossdressed and nearly got killed by Majhal. Go ahead! Age her a few years, give her a better history, and apply as her. You've got hints of a spitfire personality from the episode, and /loads/ of room to improvise. And if you're a good player, she could become as major a part of the plot as any of the "main" characters. It all depends on the player.

To encourage applications, I thought I would make a list of people who are available. If you can think of anyone else, let me know!

Havoc
Armstrong
Fury
Farman
Breda
Denny Broche
Maria Ross
Scieszka
Pinako Rockbell
Seig Curtis
Mason
Wrath
Psiren
Tucker
Russell Tringham
Fletcher Tringham
Gracia Hughes
Elysia Hughes
Rick
Leo
Bard (hey, he never /died/ happy.gif)
Claus
Kyle (the miner/innkeeper's son) and his parents
Karin
Dominic
Paninya (a note on Dominic and Paninya--Winry has been studying with them in Rush Valley over the last three years.)

And, of course...Dante. Our villain. <3

Oh, and don't feel intimidated by the audition writing. It's just a few paragraphs to show us how you write and characterize. Consider it like a mini-fanfic! laugh.gif
Chiyo
Well, since I have been persuaded by my big sis (Tobu) I'm taking the audition for Psiren.
Looking forward to exploring her character.

If I can't do Psiren, I may try Scieszka.
Fresh_Coffee
Fury, I'm in because Fury is in laugh.gif
Ailuro
Aww. Dangit.. I was hoping to be Edward because I find him pretty simple to RP.. Oh well. >_>

I'll think of another character to play soon.
Full Flame Alchemist
I'm considering Havoc..... unsure.gif
hagane_no_tokage
oh yay! people are interested! good motivational post, tobuchan! XD
Elderberry
I would be interested in trying out for Wrath...but it would definitely take me a little while top finish writing out an application...happy.gif
Full Flame Alchemist
Well,I'm going to start my Havoc application. smile.gif
Quistis88
Keep in mind, kids, that any spam posts in this thread will be deleted on sight. No questions asked. If you don't want a post deleted, please type more than three words and do it coherently. biggrin.gif
Full Flame Alchemist
Well, I've sent my Havoc application. All I can do is wait.And the fact that you have to apply makes it all the more fun. happy.gif
This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too strict!!!!!!!!!
Elderberry
Perhaps, but as they said, it's an effective way to weed out the lazy mono-tachi. tongue.gif

If you don't like the rules of this RPG, Guest-san, then go find one somewhere else, ne? happy.gif
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Feb 28 2005, 12:01 AM)
I would be interested in trying out for Wrath...but it would definitely take me a little while top finish writing out an application...happy.gif
[snapback]123063[/snapback]

oooh! this should be interesting! i'm looking forward to seeing what you can come up with, EKE! yay, i bet RP with you would be fun! even tho wrath irks me so... dry.gif

QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 1 2005, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Mar 1 2005, 02:11 PM)

This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too strict!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]124115[/snapback]

Perhaps, but as they said, it's an effective way to weed out the lazy mono-tachi. tongue.gif

If you don't like the rules of this RPG, Guest-san, then go find one somewhere else, ne? happy.gif
[snapback]124139[/snapback]

thank you, EKE, you took the words right off my keyboard. nobody's making anybody do this... O_o we're just looking for a few more players who can be as dedicated and creative with this RP as we are, and in order to maintain the integrity and literacy of the game, we have to have some stricter-than-average rules. have you seen any of the Gaia roleplays of late? it's like reading an instant messenger chat between a 5-year-old and a a dyslexic simian. ohmy.gif
Full Flame Alchemist
I've sent my e-mail application to hagane_no_tokage. biggrin.gif
tempest_Strife
Are characters from "Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel" able to be played? The game had to have taken place during the TV series since in it Ed is a state alchemist and he doesn't know about homunculuses yet.

If so, I would like to be Camilla, and I will start on her bio as soon as you say it's okay.

If not, I've already started on a bio for Clause... and I just might like playing as her better, although it's always fun to play the villian.
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(tempest_Strife @ Mar 1 2005, 03:54 PM)
Are characters from "Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel" able to be played?  The game had to have taken place during the TV series since in it Ed is a state alchemist and he doesn't know about homunculuses yet.

If so, I would like to be Camilla, and I will start on her bio as soon as you say it's okay.

If not, I've already started on a bio for Clause... and I just might like playing as her better, although it's always fun to play the villian.
[snapback]124248[/snapback]

got your claus app and acted accordingly... as for camilla... [spoiler]unless you can come up with an *extremely* good explanation for how she survived the end of the game and fill in all the holes that were left, i think you should stick with claus. besides, i don't know that everyone in the RP has played the game, and we don't want to spoil it for them... ^__^;;[/spoiler]

also, first post has been update, please check! updates in bold!!
tempest_Strife
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Mar 2 2005, 07:00 AM)
also, first post has been update, please check! updates in bold!!
[snapback]124916[/snapback]

OMG!! Now that I spent all that time on Clause, Al becomes available!!! XD Oh well.... I don't think that getting into the mindset of Al at the end of the series [spoiler] as a little boy [/spoiler] would be as easy as playing him during the series anyway. But, he still is my favorite character!!! Maybe my sister would want to play him?? I'll talk to her as soon as she gets back from where-ever she went to... (I was playing DDR and the music was too loud for me to hear her... then I chased her out to the car and she refused to repeat herself. Grr... But I love her anyways. ;p)

Man... what a long hisory for that application... I mean for Clause I wrote two or three pages, and she was only in one episode. Oh! And what Alphonse has been doing for the past three years has already been established, so I guess the application would only cover what is in the series, then it would be updated with Al's current activities? Details, details...

Edit: I added art of Clause... becuase I drew it and someone here would enjoy seeing it, I guess.
hagane_no_tokage
tobuchan and i were both quite impressed by your application, tempest. happy.gif excellent job. we are still greatly in need of an al, tho...so if your sister is up to the challenge, we would love to see what she can come up with! XD

PS: nice imagery of claus all grown up! i like her coat!
Tobu Ishi
NOTICE: The role of Alphonse Elric has been filled! We are still in need of characters, though, so send those apps in!

(A note--we will still be accepting new characters for the entire timeline of the roleplay. Since it is novel style, we can always weave in new characters at nearly any time. So if we're winding up towards the end and you're hankering after a cameo as Gracia Hughes, LET US KNOW! If you're good, we can always work you in somehow.)

(Another note--for those worried about time commitment, cameos are VERY WELCOME. Just showing up for one story arc is TOTALLY FINE. Let us know in your app that you're in for the short haul and we'll accomodate and figure out a way to phase you in and out again gracefully. Just make sure you can spend some good effort on that brief period of play.)
sakura_alchemist66
Um, is Gracia taken? unsure.gif
hagane_no_tokage
nope. feel free to apply. unless a player is specified in the opening thread, assume a role is open and please don't hesitate to apply! <3
Slashrose1010
Well, since my favorite character, Greedo-san, is deceased, I guess I will have to mortify myself as Envy dry.gif

Setting: Munich, Germany 1923. After physically training with Sensei, Wrath decided he is finally ready to do the most dangerous thing... Cross the Gate. Izumi disaproves, but Wrath has made up his mind. He wishes to find an identical person to Sloth in our parallel-alternate universe.

"So, you have decided to go against her wishes again," said Envy with a smirk on his face. "It is no matter, a brat like you could never beat a real humonculus. Look at yourself. Being reduced to mechanical parts, like that weakling of Hohenheim's."
"Where is mama!" hollered Wrath. "I will find her."
"Bastard... I am going to kick your ass back through that Gate! Hwahh!"

Envy ran at Wrath and did a front flip over his head. He dis a round house kick and knocked Wrath down. Envy laughed as Wrath picked himself up.
"Continue to fight and you will end up like Sloth."
Wrath claped his hands together.
"Dumbass, you can't use alchemy. You don't even have his limbs anymore."
Wrath melded his automail arm into his normal arm, forming two scythes. Wrath sliced at Envy. Envy jumped backwards, evading his attacks. Envy assumed his pissed off face and punched Wrath down on the ground.
"Teme!" Envy stomped furriously on Wrath.
Wrath started crying and swing at Envy. A piece of Envy's "lil miniskirt" waved in the air, slowly falling down. Envy picked Wrath up and threw him into a brick wall.

Wrath fell out of the concave impression he had left on impact. He wiped the blood and dust from his eye. He saw a dark haired women standing before him.
She spoke. "Son, I have returned."
Wrath couldn't believe his eyes. "Kaa...san..?"
The woman walked up to him and said in a deep voice, "Guess again." Envy transformed into Hughes and stabbed Wrath through the stomach with a dagger. Wrath spat up blood blood and his pupils receeded. Envy morphed back into his cute form and pulled out the dagger.

"Welcome to Munich, bitch."

XD that's right... I went there. Well, have your laughs and then tell me to get out ^^
Phyco girl
Um... are auditions still open? I see nobody has replied in a long time.
hagane_no_tokage
yes, auditions are always open... we've pretty much got our main cast complete right now, but we're always open for cameo appearances and secondary roles. things have been pretty slow-moving of late, since our taisa is in the throes of final exams and hasn't been very available to play. u_u but feel freee to write up an application and email it to either tobu ishi or myself, and maybe we can work something out. happy.gif

and slash, you're welcome to submit an application for envy if you like, but a lot of whether or not we're going to have an envy character in our game rests with our dante player, so we would have to discuss things with her, as well...
Phyco girl
An e-mail is on it's way for my tryout to Tokage. It's for the character Sciezska.

If I don't get a part could you still send me a link to where ever you're RPGing (I know it's greatestjournal but I don't know where on greatestjournal it it). I would still enjoy reading whatever you guys come up with happy.gif!
nikina
ahh, too bad there aren't any OC's. Me and my friends like to RP a lot (one's Winry and one's Ed) and so i was an apperentice of them both. sadly to say it'd be a little hard to just stay in Rizembool for all that time.

Didn't Envy cross over to the other world? Yes, i think he broke through to the other world, so he's probably still back there, searching for Hoenhiem (sp?)

Maybe I shall consider joining after thinking a bit. Good luck to you guys, and hopefully the lil chibi will find his way home. *hears in bg, DARE GA MAME TSUBU RENKINJYUTSUSHI DA!!!!!!* DAMATTERO!

Edit: What's a cameo??
Lord Odenetheus
This has nothing to do with the other RP thread, or has it? Now I'm confused.
hagane_no_tokage
no, this has nothing to do with the other RP thread. this is for a journal RP we have set up on greatestjournal, and we are simply recruiting and updating information here.

and nikinakun, a cameo is when a familiar character just makes an appearance once or twice in a storyline, usually as a very minor role... for example, stephen king often has 'cameo' roles in his movies; he's just there because he can be. think of it as like a walk-on role. more important than an extra, per se, but still more of a one-hit wonder than an actual active presence.
nikina
oh.

so... you mean like... miyuki in Tsubasa? (the manga)
hagane_no_tokage
yeah, and chii. they're just there as a brief familiar face, serve one or two small purposes, and then are done for that time. they can just pop in once in a while. happy.gif
Starrygalonline^.^
oh...its that so??笑哈哈
tempest_Strife
And now, for your enjoyment, a list of characers still availale, although nowhere near a complete list. These are just the most interesting ones in my opinion.

Clause
Wrath
Sheiska
Maria Ross
Denny Brosh
Heymans Breda
Vato Falkman
Kain Fuery
Alex Luise Armstrong
Rose
Seg Curtis
Hoenhem
Glacia hughs
Elcia Hughs
Fletcher Tringham
Russel Tringham
Dominique
Nelly(grl wth cow n rizenbul from epsode 17...)
Psiren
The Furer's son

And many more!!
WrenchFreakWinry
Basque Gran died, love. Remember? Scar killed him.
hagane_no_tokage
hey gang. updated the first post. Welcome Sam and Canteloupe! biggrin.gif
hagane_no_tokage
please excuse the double post, but i wanted to announce that we had an update...and a problem.

the update is that the roles of Fuery and scieszka have been filled.

the problem is that GreatestJournal, the site where we have hosted the game, hates us. a bunch of our chapters and comments have vanished mysteriously.

here's the deal. we've contacted GJ about this issue several times already, but so far nobody seems to want to help us get back our missing comments. Folly is le pissed. so i'm going out on a limb here and i'm going to ask if anybody happens to have saved any of the journal entries from the game? we had some crossed signals among our members on the subject of who was archiving what, and therefore some chapters are now full of holes...if not missing completely. we appear to be missing the second half of Chapter Two, Part Four - The Joys Of Paperwork, and all of the comments from Chapter Three, Part One - All Aboard!. if anyone happens to have these chapters saved anywhere, we'll give you cookies.

if you can help us restore Folly with these chapters and comments, please contact us here. thanks!!!
Chopper Enthusiast
It has begun...An RP...

I must bring insight. Before the OOC comes!
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Oct 27 2005, 07:25 PM) [snapback]305283[/snapback]

It has begun...An RP...

I must bring insight. Before the OOC comes!

i beg your pardon? we've....been here since like....february. huh.gif
tempest_Strife
Mmmm bump?

We're sill looking for new people and all... A Pinako would ne nice.... as well as a girl for Al (I think Clause or Nelly would be good for him... but what do I know...) Envy has been taken... Sheizka has been taken... Wrath... And that's about it, with the exception of the characters that were taken before.
MeLRizA
hmmz... guess i can try the audition...but how do i do it? which characters still have some empty slots? pls reply... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.