Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blink 182 Broke Up!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Carnal Malefactor
[throws confetti, Ha-chan style] biggrin.gif
Foolio
this calls for a sexy party
Jaganshi
Hah, are you serious? *Snickers* I agree with Foolio, this DOES call for a.....SEXY PARTY!
Slashrose1010
Oh RIGHT! Sexy par-tay! I am so glad they broke up. My friend is a big fan of Blink, but the rest of my friends hate them XD I hate emo and they are at the top of the list for annoying vocalists XD
Elderberry
Ha...Sou ka? sleep.gif I'm don't have much opinion about Blink 182 either way...
Chiyo
I have copies of their first albums (crap) and their last two albums. I used to love them but I grew bored too quickley and now I don't really care. Apart from Stay Together for the Kids but that has nothing to do with the fact it's Blink.
Kou the Lightning Alchemist
I hate blink 182 -.-
Fresh_Coffee
I heard, I like their song 'Always' though I thought it was weird that they broke up.
edsgirl
Good news!
EdElric
They did not and they dont suck so call off the party!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(EdElric @ Feb 24 2005, 08:08 PM)
[snapback]120993[/snapback]

blink.gif

it's on their website and everything

"We're Blink 182. We sucked. That's why we broke up."
Slashrose1010
XD laugh.gif That is a riot.... because it's true XD To confirm the party I will check the official site dry.gif

Edit: I just checked out a few sites, including their official hompage. It seems it is unconfirmed, but Tom Delonge got arrested for indecent exposure and public urination. laugh.gif, jk tongue.gif
Jaganshi
QUOTE(EdElric @ Feb 24 2005, 01:08 PM)
[snapback]120993[/snapback]

ohmy.gif
But....I already bought all the drinks and sailor hats! FINE! Just...go and ruin my fun!
Chiyo
Bah, stuff it, drink up biggrin.gif
edsgirl
Well since I didn't really care for them in the first place, I don't really care about them now. Band breakups are usually inevitable. It's like a rite of passage for them!
Prodigal Alchemist
*yawns* they were basicly a boring band i didn't really expect to much from them
Avita
I can't agree with you guys on Blink 182 sucking. They rock and there is nothing wrong with Emo music.
Mike
Sad day for me too :'(
dramabowwow
You all suck!!! Blink182 rules! You guys just don't know any good music! What do you guy listen to, Britteny Spear? I am so sad that they broke up!! Again you all SUCK!!!
Mike
how can you people not like blink 182?
Even though I probably know the answer tell me.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Mike @ Feb 26 2005, 12:16 AM)
[snapback]121649[/snapback]

I'll say it again: I like music, not music-flavored products.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(dramabowwow @ Feb 26 2005, 12:12 AM)
You all suck!!! Blink182 rules! You guys just don't know any good music! What do you guy listen to, Britteny Spear? I am so sad that they broke up!! Again you all SUCK!!!
[snapback]121647[/snapback]

IPB Image
Chiyo
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Feb 26 2005, 01:13 AM)
QUOTE(Mike @ Feb 26 2005, 12:16 AM)
[snapback]121649[/snapback]

I'll say it again: I like music, not music-flavored products.
[snapback]121681[/snapback]

Flavoured...thats a classic biggrin.gif
Jaganshi
QUOTE(dramabowwow @ Feb 25 2005, 05:12 PM)
Again you all SUCK!!!
[snapback]121647[/snapback]

Haha, yeah, but not for free XD.

Oh yeah, Im just rockin' out to Britney Spears right this moment dry.gif

There's no need to disrespect anybody JUST because they don't like the same music as you. You should learn that. You think that comming in here and telling us "YOU SUCK!" Is gonna change our opinions? Of course, I'm sobbing like some angsty little teen since some n00b doesn't like me. Until you figure out how to be polite, I don't even want to SEE your username.
lightningstaralchemistRME
OMG!!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??????!!!!! THAT SUCKS GIANT CHIMPANZEE BALLS!!!!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST....

*mumbles incoherently*

....i want my mommy....
eerabbit
blink 182...herm..i did not like their music...it gets boring to fast..
LordGohan
OMG THEY BROKE UP????? biggrin.gif tongue.gif cool.gif
HALAJUIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my freind is going to be pissed...YAY!
now if only linken park...or korn broke up...then i would live happily!

lol

(halajuia is spelled wrong...i just now it...)
Chiyo
^ Love Tsubasa

Good to see a mix of opinions, even if the 'for' Blink-182 aren't that well written.
the ironflame alchemist
i dont know when this happened but i am happy
yayyy!, i should have a celebration, or a parade or something
EdElric
Blink 182 does have some horrible songs I'll admit that but that dosen't meant they suck entirely. I still like them. Perhaps there is just one song that you like? There has to be.
Judith
I myself can admit I liked a total of ONE Blink 182 songs. happy.gif Quite a number! Lol... Either way, as was already said a few times over and over, bands form up to split up at some point. Just like it's inevitable for people to die, bands split up. --shrugs-- No big deal. After all, some split, other form up, and sometimes the newly formed are quite better than the previous. And in Blink 182's case it's not really hard to get exceeded by someone. laugh.gif
Excel Aishi
Allow me to represent Blinkie without sounding like a total n00b, okay?
Everybody likes different things, as for me my taste is eclectic. I like everything from Blink 182 and good Charlotte to Marilyn Manson and Seether, even throwing in the occasional poppie song (right now i love Feel Good Inc by Gorrilaz) and that does not make me a poser it means that i don't discriminate. The reason Blink182's breakup makes me sad is several of their songs were anthems to my friends and i and the band has sentimental value. The saddest part is, their music represented a chapter in my life and IN THE SAME MONTH i moved away from my friends, ending that chapter, "our" band split. it was like God was sealing that part of my life away forever. I know that is a weird way to look at a band breakup, but for me it isn't about Mark, Tom and Travis it's about Me, Brittany, Rebecca, Valerie, Britni, Lynita, Larisa, Amanda, Trevor and Billy. But if by some twist of fate they ever reunite, it is a message to me to go back to America and reunite with my old friends.

I don't care if some people dislike them, i like things nobody else likes anyways. I will always be drawn to the underdog so to speak. To each his or her own. Just don't flaunt it in people's faces and try to tell them what to think and i am Ok with you.
Chrisy
Very well put. I love Feel Good Inc. by the way. Blink 182 wasn't that bad either. Every band as there bad songs, but they weren't horrible.
Zarpia
I agree, i wasn't a fan of them, but i found some song to be really good.
The Man Who Laughed
GOOD!Next on the list Greenday and then Sum 41.there not rock,there not punk its p*ssy sh*t.
Excel Aishi
Listen, ManWhoLaughed, did you hear anything i just said? Just because you don't like them is no reason to go and call a band (and i quote): "p*ssy sh*t" . You can go and buy blink182 t-shirts and burn them for all i care, or go smash voodoo dolls of them, but keep it to yourself! If you have to hate someone don't make it public. just because you think they are "p*ssy sh*t" doesn't mean we have to hear aboout it. That's the thing with this whole topic... okay, you don't like them. we get it. Sop publicly bashing the band or some day some 6-foot four football player who loves them will come bash you.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Excel Aishi @ Jul 8 2005, 10:58 PM)
from Blink 182 and good Charlotte to Marilyn Manson and Seether,
[snapback]208521[/snapback]

Yah... your taste crosses the wide spectrum from happy, upbeat corporate rock to depressing corporate rock. rolleyes.gif
Excel Aishi
Excuse us people who are unfortunate enough to only have access to music played on common radio stations and who have deprived lives.Maybe my taste would be more to your liking if i had oodles of money to buy cd's and go to concerts. And besides i thought i'd just mention the ones i thought of first. So incredibly sorry if you want to say i am not a "real" rock fan. Rock is about breaking stereotypes, hating the authorities who tell you who to be, and expressing yourself. So if rock fans continue to judge people by which bands they like and call others "posers", who are the real posers? I don't mean to go off on you Bacon-san but I never claimed that i was a hard rocker.. in fact i never claimed to be anything but me. So yes, that is my taste, and i don't care if you feel it is "poser" music. I am not trying to BE anything! I am limited to what music i can hear, not because of censorship or parents, but because here in Australia ther is NOT a rock statio like i had access to in Texas and i can't go and buy every CD that i want/ like. I am only exposed to what music i have heard on the radio until i get an i-pod, which means saving money. And i know i am probably ranting like a n00b, but this topic is infuriating, because this is the kind of judgement and conformism that rockers are supposed to hate.
Carnal Malefactor
Half Metal
Blink 182 is the best band in the world and is getting back together..they might show up to warped tour this summer
Forgiven
I never really was a big fan of them. But I saw them in concert once. They were pretty good.
Dickens
quite alot of my teens are soundtracked to blink 182, and for that reason alone i really do like them biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.