Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slightly More Accurate Age Poll
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Tobu Ishi
Given that I'm in a Statistics class this semester, I thought I would take a shot at making a poll that would tell us more about the specific age range on this forum. Since, yanno, I doubt we have a lot of 42-year-olds surfing here. rolleyes.gif

(If anyone cares/knows the terminology, the point here is to make it more of a statistic and less of a parameter, like the last one was, by taking a smaller and more specifically categorized sample. Whee!)
xrninja
17 and 11 months! so 17-18.
Carnal Malefactor
= + -

That's about how my age is written in Chinese characters...
edsgirl
23, probably the only 23 y/o on here.
Fresh_Coffee
13 XD the young
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Feb 23 2005, 02:56 AM)
23, probably the only 23 y/o on here.
[snapback]119927[/snapback]

I recall Chibi Viki being 22 or 23...
sharpieaddicted
15 years.
Ninie
16 since January 24th
Foolio
tengo 16 anos
blueices
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Feb 22 2005, 09:49 PM)
= + -

That's about how my age is written in Chinese characters...
[snapback]119919[/snapback]

Interesting...I imagined you about that age
Haha...good way of representing that...

I can't use the keyboard symbols to show my age though so I'll have to switch my page to japanese mode to type mine

十九
ἀρχή
I sense age discrimination in this survey dry.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
I'm 17... happy.gif
phoenix dying
I'm almost 17.. dry.gif
Elderberry
...So, Bacon-san is 21, and Bluices-san is 19...

Ore datte 15 1/2-sai nan desu mono...
Xithion
Also 17y 11mo tongue.gif
Alphonse
J'ai 15 ans. =P
hidden_death
i'm 11 >< yes.....very young
Chiyo
18...but turning 19 soon.
Le Monkey
16, Nearly 17.

Im getting old now....

tongue.gif
Dragons04
I'm 14, I will be 15 in four months
shogunskey
18 and ummm....i realy dont know the months but im in the 17-18 range
dreamcatcher_alchemist
20 as of today. ^^; it seems most of the people so far hit the 15-16 range though, not too surprising
Dragons04
But I'm surprised that we have a person hit 25 or older range
Stained_Wings
just turned 15 a little more than a month ago
DonnaDelDrago
Please dig me a grave - I am one of the oldest here!?! blink.gif
blueices
QUOTE(arche @ Feb 22 2005, 11:04 PM)
I sense age discrimination in this survey dry.gif
[snapback]119977[/snapback]

...but it does reflect the majority of users here laugh.gif

Some members here are way younger than I thought blink.gif
mei_tenshi
Mei's 18.

Call Mei old-fashioned, but do the younger kids' parents know they're talking to strangers on the Internet? huh.gif

When Mei was 11, she was afraid of the "web." But that's just mei. mellow.gif
Fresh_Coffee
I feel so young everyone 15-17 around that range. I'm afraid of online chatrooms of people I don't know while forums you just express your opinion. I've seen enough signs not to trust people on the net *stares at everyone*
blueices
When I was Coffee's age I had a dinky old computer (pretty much a typewriter with a tv on top)...and no internet access....

I discovered internet in highschool :sweatdrop:
Fresh_Coffee
laugh.gif Your about a year younger than my brother Blue so I think he could relate. When I first used internet I thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Azura Elric
I'm 16 but I'm turning 17 in March so I put 17-18.
Hey Fresh Coffee! Try RPGing on a forum or on IM lol. So many darn cheaters -.- .
Carnal Malefactor
The demographics for this forum are so different from the other places I post at.

I wish anime fans were, on average, older and more sophistimacated, like myself. cool.gif
phoenix dying
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Feb 23 2005, 07:03 PM)
The demographics for this forum are so different from the other places I post at.

I wish anime fans were, on average, older and more sophistimacated, like myself.  cool.gif
[snapback]120613[/snapback]

Sry if your not good enough for you mad.gif
Yadag dakl, ignot!
eerabbit
13 and 10 mo laugh.gif yay almost 14
Thievesvinegar
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Feb 23 2005, 06:03 PM)

I wish anime fans were, on average, older and more sophistimacated, like myself.  cool.gif

Anime fans are usually the opposite. The question then becomes, why are you among us? Stop <censored for the kiddies> with yourself. tongue.gif
ἀρχή
QUOTE(blueices @ Feb 23 2005, 08:11 PM)
When I was Coffee's age I had a dinky old computer (pretty much a typewriter with a tv on top)...and no internet access....

[snapback]120555[/snapback]

I didn't get the internet until college. Basically in high school, that's when PC's were first starting to get popular, but internet was still pretty much an elitist place.

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Feb 23 2005, 09:03 PM)

I have to agree. There are a lot of other forums out there with older members. I will admit that I get very annoyed at how closed minded some of the youngsters get too - being all surprised that an adult (someone out of college) would actually visit a forum. Many of the older people I know who visit forums do so because they have very stressfull professional jobs and like to get a bit of relief during the day. It's nice to sit back and relax a bit about some common interests tongue.gif
Dragons04
I would never enter the chatroom ever
Prinz_Zoisit
i'm 20.... i still don't know statistic, but i'll have a full year of statistics in my 2nd and 3rd semester^^

-> I'm so excited^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Chibi-Usa
Age 14!And I Cannot wait to get 18 happy.gif (Just 4 more years!)
tigohbiddies
i'm 17, 1m, 2days
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(arche @ Feb 24 2005, 06:21 AM)
QUOTE(blueices @ Feb 23 2005, 08:11 PM)

[snapback]120555[/snapback]

I didn't get the internet until college. Basically in high school, that's when PC's were first starting to get popular, but internet was still pretty much an elitist place.

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Feb 23 2005, 09:03 PM)

I have to agree. There are a lot of other forums out there with older members. I will admit that I get very annoyed at how closed minded some of the youngsters get too - being all surprised that an adult (someone out of college) would actually visit a forum. Many of the older people I know who visit forums do so because they have very stressfull professional jobs and like to get a bit of relief during the day. It's nice to sit back and relax a bit about some common interests tongue.gif
[snapback]120857[/snapback]

I'm not suprised, the older members are what make a forum tick because they are mature enough to carry a conversation without saying " U SUCK, ADMIT IT _____________ ROXORS SO THERE U HAVE ITZ n00bzers. In a name of an anime dry.gif Without older members they topics in a forums would be "Inuyasha Rocks come here", "Inuyasha kicks butt come here", "Kagome rocks come here", "Kagome kicks butt come here", "Kagome and Inuyasha rock come here" It would be pretty much the same type of topics an there would be no riot n00b control at all. So thank god for older members who can put us youngsters in our place.
~FMAgurl~
I'm not suprised, the older members are what make a forum tick because they are mature enough to carry a conversation without saying " U SUCK, ADMIT IT _____________ ROXORS SO THERE U HAVE ITZ n00bzers. In a name of an anime  Without older members they topics in a forums would be "Inuyasha Rocks come here", "Inuyasha kicks butt come here", "Kagome rocks come here", "Kagome kicks butt come here", "Kagome and Inuyasha rock come here" It would be pretty much the same type of topics an there would be no riot n00b control at all. So thank god for older members who can put us youngsters in our place.

Hey, not ALL youngsters are like that.
O...and I'm just about 13 and 6 months smile.gif
Elderberry
Sou ne. I've only created one thread so far, and I've been here for almost 6 months.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(~FMAgurl~ @ Feb 26 2005, 08:52 PM)
I'm not suprised, the older members are what make a forum tick because they are mature enough to carry a conversation without saying " U SUCK, ADMIT IT _____________ ROXORS SO THERE U HAVE ITZ n00bzers. In a name of an anime  Without older members they topics in a forums would be "Inuyasha Rocks come here", "Inuyasha kicks butt come here", "Kagome rocks come here", "Kagome kicks butt come here", "Kagome and Inuyasha rock come here" It would be pretty much the same type of topics an there would be no riot n00b control at all. So thank god for older members who can put us youngsters in our place.

Hey, not ALL youngsters are like that.
O...and I'm just about 13 and 6 months smile.gif
[snapback]122431[/snapback]

I'm 13 and 3 months it's true not all youngsters are like that but some are well if you go on Gaia there are tons.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Feb 24 2005, 05:21 PM)
[snapback]120894[/snapback]

For god's sake, that signature of yours is gonna kill my grandpa!
alchemist x
13 and 14 july 13
Kihaku
QUOTE(Dragons04 @ Feb 23 2005, 07:50 AM)
[snapback]120274[/snapback]

I'm not that surprised really tongue.gif I'm more surprised that there are so many "younger" people.. But I pretty much expected 15-18 to be the majority.

QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Feb 24 2005, 10:21 AM)
[snapback]120894[/snapback]

And what then? I hate getting older tongue.gif
I'm 19 going on 20....
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Dragons04 @ Feb 23 2005, 07:50 AM)
[snapback]120274[/snapback]

Arche???
blueices
QUOTE(Kihaku @ Mar 1 2005, 06:00 AM)
And what then? I hate getting older tongue.gif
I'm 19 going on 20....
[snapback]123919[/snapback]

Yea! Another 19yr old! (Blue pounces on Kihaku in a state of glee) laugh.gif
Le Monkey
Chiyo is almost 19!
So Is our dear Quissy!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.