Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Do You Rate The Fullmetal Alchemist Game
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Game > FMA PlayStation Games
Shugo_The_Frost_Alchemist
i want to buy the game and thought i would ask those that have already played it....
Prodigal Alchemist
I gave the game 4/5...for the only reason that the game was kinda short...to me anyways.

I think the graphics are awesome but i wish the game was longer...i was able to bet it to fast in my opinion.

I would encourage FMA to buy or at least rent this game. Although you are on a set path <"like a lab rat"- as the reviewers from G4tv would say> its still a pretty kool game
HoboStabba
i give it a 3 out of 5 cuz it was a good game but it wasnt as good as i thought it would be, the story line never really stops so u can just mess around like in other games like zelda and final fantasy it pretty much goes straight through, it was also short but other then that it was a cool game the transmutation idea was awsome but i owuldnt reccomend buying it liek i did dry.gif but u definatly should rent it.
Korodo
I'd say its a 3/5, it was short, the monsters kept coming back after you exit a door,
there is a lmited of things you can transmute things into, alphonse AI isnt that great;it just kept getting in my way of destruction, the weapons had limited info and uses, and
i would prefer if they used animated images than the ones they used to talk.
yukiroche
[FONT=Impact][COLOR=red]OH MY GOD I thought the FMA game was SO FUN! But the only thing wrong was the right anolog stick because I always had to adjust the camera moves. Also, there weren't enough transmutations, combo moves and it was a REALLY SHORT STORY!!!!!! The fact that I couldn't level up whenever I wanted to bugged me. I recommend them to have an overworld for me to level up. Another thing, they should have an optional mini quest or game to amuse the player. BUT I think that the story flowed very well and same with the plot. So then basically there was more than one thing wrong but other than that, I ENJOYED THE GAME VERY MUCH! Possibly the only reason I bought the game was because it's from Fullmetal Alchemist and it has EDWARD! So I give this game a 3.5 out of 5.

*spoilers ahead* -------------->>>> I prefer the ending to have a better ending, even tough I think the ending ended quite well. But I think, if I won against Roy and Armstrong, Ed should have gone to Armony and supported her!!!! awwwwww I'm just an Edward and Armony fan!...... don't mind me heheheh. happy.gif
(if anyone wants to see a fan art of my picture of edward and armony you can go check out the attachment)
AA battery
it needs a better plot + voice acting (i want the VA to say EVERY LINE!!! uhh, japanese version I mean) but i gave it 5/5 cuz it's FMA ^^;
Lucky Charm
Honestly, I rate it a 3/5

The game was quite enjoying. I think the dialouge could have been a bit better instead of just standing there and talk...I found that a bit dissapointing. Instead of showing the character's reactions to some situations, it would have been better if they showed a clip of it atleast. It's better than seeing them just stand there and talk.

The music was just horrible. It had a mix of rock, hip hop, jazz...wtf? Simply horrible. Would have been better if it was anime music.

The storyline was interesting. This is what I mostly enjoyed about the game. I also enjoyed the new set of characters.

The gameplay was fun, but the transmuting the same weapons over and over could get a bit repetitive and a bit boring. Also the fact that the game was quite short. I really see no replay value in this game unless if you want the videos and the graphics the game offers, which I am currently doing because the videos were just awesome.
Negi
I was planning on getting FMA Broken Angels but my gameinformer gave it a 4.25 out of 10 rating and gave it a bad review.
Ryo the Enigmatic Alchemist
it was pretty damn kool if ure a fan of FMA, but if your looking for a "greatest game of all time" kind of game in it, meh.....

Story- its very original. The storyline had a sorta sad turnout but still an original and great story. 9/10

Graphics- One word, AWESOME. the graphics were just that. Every image seemed to flow with each other. Perfct graphics 10/10

Music- Meh.....not to good......its your basic RPG hack n' slash music. With a couple of Cowboy Bebop rip-offs (tank [CBs theme] was in part of Roys boss battle theme) 5/10

Over all- 8/10
sweet game if your a big fan of the series, not so good mediocore game if your not.
Ed's_Girl
It was not as good as I expected.
Yukina_Raven
If you're a hardcore fan of FMA and the Elric brothers, you'll enjoy it. I am both, so I found it fun. The story is the best thing about it as are the animated cutscenes. But the game is short and mediocre at best. The game is definently for hardcore fans only.
Rizunii
I loved the game; expecially the cutscenes and the battling system. laugh.gif You could always rent it to see if you'd wanna buy it though. wink.gif
just a fan
I loved the fighting and the movies! but diolog made it seem really corny. 8/10
and i have a question. Does anyone know if that storyline is in the series? i even looked in the episode guied... couldn't fined a thing! if anyone has info please post that!
Moon Knight
It was a great game. I loved it. I beat it two days after buying it. Not as good as Final Fantasy VII though...
.Memories.
I would rate it 4/5 because all though it was fun it was short and Armony anoyed me but since that not what this topic is about I wont go into that, also Al tends to walk off when a lot of enmeys would start to attack and you would have to call him back. Overall this game was pritty good. biggrin.gif
Quistis88
FMA: Tobenai Tenshi rating threads merged.
The Alchemist of Death
i gave it a 4/5 it was a good story and all but it was a bit short cause i beat the game in one day and i didn't play it that much and they could of did a little better job on the graphics it was pretty disapointing that Square Enix did that bad of a job on the graphics. sad.gif
the ironflame alchemist
the game was cool but it got repetive i gave it a 3/5

i cant truly grade this game anyway it would be a conflict of interest and since i like the series i cant grade the game without a bias
Kyo_Umerio
i gave it a 5/5 its not a game for everyone, but i love beating up the bad guys over and over again its just fun happy.gif
Steel Alchemist
Very good game! It has good graphics and it has a decent plot!
Ed'slittlegirl
If you don't consider yourself to be a good gamer, then this is the game for you. It is nearly impossible to die durring normal game play, and the bosses are easy enough to beat once you fight them one or two times.

If you consider yourself to be an ok gamer, (like me, had it for like 17 hours and still haven't beaten it.)then it is o.k. I was kind of dissapointed because there were several spots where i thought i was done. This i don't think should happen durring gameplay especially at the early points in the game.

If you consider yourself to be a great gamer, you may just want to rent the game for it will not take that long to beat it.

I did enjoy the music, and the battle system was awesome, though it did get a bit repetative after awhile.

All in all, it is a very good game and if you are a fan of the series it belongs in your collection. (for the videos if nothing else.)
AnimeMonster
Even though it is my all time favorite game, at least until the second one comes out, I gave it only a 4 out of 5.

It was good as far as plot and gameplay. But my biggest complaint has been that it was too short. Also *runs for bomb shelter* I'm a RoyXEd fan, even though it gave me some good scenes that are open for interpretation like movie 13 (I think that's the one) that is called Roy to the Rescue (or something similar), it was more geared to a pairing with a girl the game's writer(s) created named Armony. *ducks anything thrown by homophobes*
mely
I gave it a truthful 2/5. As an FMA fan, I would give it a 3/5, though the only reason why I'd give it that is because of the FMA content; there is a lot of cool stuff for fans, for example, being a mild Royai fangirl I loved the Riza-In-Disguise-ness ect. ;-)

But it's just a very average game. It's like it was hardly played through more than once by beta testers ... there's a lot of
-cheapness
-shameless amounts of blatant invisible walls that make no sense
-unnecessary amounts of repetitive dungeons
-semi-retarded AI (and poor, poor Al ;_;)
-every time you enter a new area they need to show the title of the area (which really breaks up the flow of the game)
-ect, ect (if I were playing the game at this moment, I'd have much more to whine about ;-D)

The gameplay and battles are ok ... the alchemy system is interesting, and it's kinda fun and original to the FMA world. But then there's also a lot of "JHJKNMNMSD*&(*&^#@HYAAAARGH~!~~!!!" every time I see a new wave of monsters, though pretty much all enemies can be evaded(by rolling Ed around like a ball :-D). Some monsters/bosses are very cheap, but luckily there are piles of interesting items in the game. smile.gif And then there's the platform-hopping that gets hella annoying.

Graphics do the job but are still average. Story ... well, it involves a semi-Mary Sue. Diolouge drags on but can be very cute and often has the personality of the characters intact. And as much as I like the anime-cutouts diolouge in GBA games, it's kinda cheesy when it's JUST the cutouts moving about on the screen in a PS2 game. Otherwise, it's just fun to see the characters from the manga&anime in the high-quality movie clips that were especially made for the game. Maybe they poured all their resources into the prettyness of anime?

Overall, the game is very frustrating and ONLY for FMA fans. In fact, the only reason why I'm still playing it is because I'm a fan. Yeah, I know, being a licensed game, it's OK, but still, I'm very, VERY upset that I paid $40 of my own money for this. I should have read a review first. :-/

[/rant]
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(mely @ Apr 11 2005, 11:55 AM)
I gave it a truthful 2/5. As an FMA fan, I would give it a 3/5, though the only reason why I'd give it that is because of the FMA content; there is a lot of cool stuff for fans, for example, being a mild Royai fangirl I loved the Riza-In-Disguise-ness ect. ;-)

But it's just a very average game. It's like it was hardly played through more than once by beta testers ... there's a lot of
-cheapness
-shameless amounts of blatant invisible walls that make no sense
-unnecessary amounts of repetitive dungeons
-semi-retarded AI (and poor, poor Al ;_;)
-every time you enter a new area they need to show the title of the area (which really breaks up the flow of the game)
-ect, ect (if I were playing the game at this moment, I'd have much more to whine about ;-D)

The gameplay and battles are ok ... the alchemy system is interesting, and it's kinda fun and original to the FMA world. But then there's also a lot of "JHJKNMNMSD*&(*&^#@HYAAAARGH~!~~!!!" every time I see a new wave of monsters, though pretty much all enemies can be evaded(by rolling Ed around like a ball :-D). Some monsters/bosses are very cheap, but luckily there are piles of interesting items in the game. smile.gif And then there's the platform-hopping that gets hella annoying.

Graphics do the job but are still average. Story ... well, it involves a semi-Mary Sue. Diolouge drags on but can be very cute and often has the personality of the characters intact. And as much as I like the anime-cutouts diolouge in GBA games, it's kinda cheesy when it's JUST the cutouts moving about on the screen in a PS2 game. Otherwise, it's just fun to see the characters from the manga&anime in the high-quality movie clips that were especially made for the game. Maybe they poured all their resources into the prettyness of anime?

Overall, the game is very frustrating and ONLY for FMA fans. In fact, the only reason why I'm still playing it is because I'm a fan. Yeah, I know, being a licensed game, it's OK, but still, I'm very, VERY upset that I paid $40 of my own money for this. I should have read a review first.  :-/

[/rant]
[snapback]150620[/snapback]

yes i agree... Al is rather retarded... hes not the greatest sidekick in the world happy.gif;;;;; but what do you mean about the dungeons? the puzzles in the game were challenging.... sometimes...
Tetsuya
OK I played it alittle n a store and I liked what I played. I'm thinking about buying it but I need some fresh opinons from people who've played it completely or who almost beat the game.
QUOTE(Tetsuya @ Apr 12 2005, 07:58 PM)
OK I played it alittle n a store and I liked what I played. I'm thinking about buying it but I need some fresh opinons from people who've played it completely or who almost beat the game.
[snapback]151540[/snapback]

wait till it comes down to $20. :-) or just rent first. I'm not sure why it's still $40. Prolly has to do with how sad fans like me will buy anything FMA. ;_;
harmony_kh_kairi
2/5
I played the whole game through in like 15 hours and I found the plot lacking in any depth or twists and the ai was extremly bad and there was alot of possiblities for Square with this game but they didn't use them. The fact that you couldn't control Alphonse really disappointed me and the fact there was no two player mode was an even bigger bummer and the lack of freedom with Ed's alchemy was annoying and the total lack of environment freedom was nothing short of frustrating. Also the fact that there was a deffinate lack of environments and you kept having to back track got on my nerves and that they didn't use the great cut scenes or voice actors to their fullest potential instead they made you read scrolling text. I mean come on isn't Square the company known for their advancments in graphics and in game voices and yet besides the sparse cut scenes the graphics sucked and they barely used the talented actors they had onhand to use. I'm a big Square Enix fan and I really felt diappointed with their work this time, which is a first, I think they could have done much better with such a popoular and potentail ridden franchais like FMA but they didn't. Square is known for their 40 hour RPGs with indepth storylines and thats what I expected to get but while I was playing it and I got to realizing that after just 15 hours of continueous gameplay I was already at the end I was furious (exspecially since it wasn't a cheap game). I hope they do a much better job with the third game which is already slated for Japanese release this summer, FMA and the girl who surpased Gods (or somethng like that). But from what I've heard about the third game attempt by Square they're finally going to stop playing around and take a game based on such a great francais to its fullest potentail, namely better gaphics, longer better story, two player mode, and the ability to control both brothers not to mention a better alchemy system. We can only hope Square will finally give FMA fans what they've been asking for in a game based on their favorite series and do it well so as to prevent another disappointment like Broken Angel.
foolmetal alchemist
I give it a 4 because of two parts. There were no resting points. Every area had enemes. Also, the story line had nothing to do with the anime. I had bought the game without watching the show. It totally confused me. Other than that, the gameplay and graphics are great. The story is interesting too.
Electra
Fry's Electronics sells the game for $29.99 ^.^ *Just brought the game yesterday~* http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4325465?s...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
trunks
i would rate this game a 1 out of 5 because i went to a bunch of different of game stores like gamestops and ebs and fyes and they said the gamne sucks but the show rules they thought since the company who made that game made other great games it would be a hit but it was stinker i love fullmetal alchemist like the next person but if i got so many bad comments about the game the game must not be worth my money or time
Ronaldo Rodregez
About a month or few weeks ago, I was watching G4. They gave the game the rating 2/5. But, they also called Al a robot, meaning they obviously don't know what they're talking about.

I, myself, gave it a 4/5.
Graphics: Great/Good
Music: I personally liked it. Great.
Game play: Somewhat challeging. Great.
Mustang4ever
I will say a 5. I'm a huge fan for FMA and I find this game very fun. I can't wait for the second game.
*Full Metal*
i just bought the game and went through a whole lot of stores to find it but i think it is a pretty good game
The ending AFTER the credits was wierd since you see this flower girl and edward
ghasped and was freaking out and crying so dramatically blink.gif what was that
about?Answer meeee please!!! sad.gif
harmony_kh_kairi
She looked exactly like Armony and its supposed to to get you thinking that Armony never really died she was just reborn somewhere else or perhapes that was her life double. As the saying goes everyone has a twin its just a matter of finding them. But since Armony was actually Selene it may be saying that there was a real person that looked like Armony that wasn't just a transmuted form of Selene. There are a lot of ways you can interpt the ending of Broken Angel its just all in the way you decide to look at it.
Electrastar
I give it a decent 3/5. I own the game, and it has some quirks, but nothing major. The controls are sometimes sluggish. You command Edward to jump and he does it a second after you do it, he's slow to respond sometimes and that can get frustrating. And it's true that it is kinda short, but it's a bit harder the second time around. The music could have been better, it's repetitive and kinda annoying at times. But the cutscenes (wich are my fav feature by the way) are really cool and I really liked the ending.
Jing103
I gave it a 4/5.....It was okay ta me I was gonna give it a 3/5 but, since it is FMA it gets a few more respect points from me.

The graphics were great. The story was....okay. The gameplay was......alright. The music....meh, let me not go there.....! But, all and all.....the game was good and enjoyable.....for the few hours spent on it. the most annoying thing in that game was probably Al, since all he did was get in my way......(stupid AI)
n/a
I rate this 4/5 because I love full metal alchemist, but the game was too short and way TOO Easy!!
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
9.9/10 or 4.9/10
well i just love the game but its short, not enough tv series screenshots and maybe some other cool weapons!
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(~.:Anime_Gal:.~ @ May 12 2005, 01:57 AM)
9.9/10 or 4.9/10
well i just love the game but its short, not enough tv series screenshots and maybe some other cool weapons!
[snapback]171281[/snapback]

you mean 4.9/5 right? cause 9.9/10 or 4.9/10 just doesn't make much sense lol happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.