Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sloth
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
cirle
Why does Sloth have Envy's dress now (ep43)?

Why does Sensei have her tatoo in the same spot as Sloth?

How come only certain Homunculi have those red straps with the circle connections in their skin. I know Gluttony, Greed, Envy, Wrath have them shown in plain sight, but Sloth, Lust, Pride don't seem to show them. Wrath got them after he ate the red stones.

Why is Sloth scared of Winry when she says she is Ed/Al's mother (ep38). I thought you needed a piece of their former selves? Maybe its like babycrying hurts Wrath.
Vael
Lust's* dress. And it's a bit different. First, it has straps. Second, the bust is slightly different. And she's wearing gloves; Lust's has sleeves that are connected at the underarm. Envy's and Wrath's outfits are also pretty similar. Oh, and you'll also notice in episode 43 that sloth's dress completely covers her feet and drags on the ground.

Lust also has red lines and dots on her arms.

Sloth, I haven't seen them yet. Pride wouldn't have them in plain sight due to him being the Fuhrer. Kind of suspicious, yes?

No idea about tattoo position.
Omakase Shimasu
Why is Sloth scared of Winry when she says she is Ed/Al's mother (ep38). I thought you needed a piece of their former selves? Maybe its like babycrying hurts Wrath.

Didn't something similar happen with Lust? The time she remembered Scar's brother being her former lover, I think it was?

Maybe it's coincedence? ...I also thought (National) Alchemists had to have an Alchemist's crest somewhere (snake, phoenix etc. etc) on their body, to show others they were Alchemists. Ed - his cloak, Al - his left shoulder, Izumi - collarbone. But I couldn't find anything with Tucker or Roy, so maybe this doesn't have to be so...

And regarding Sloth having her 'Sin's' clothing. I think it's because she's been found out by the others being a Sin so there was no reason for her to dress-up as the Fuhrer's secretary anymore.
Flamel
You know, tht kind of get me wonder bout their clothing. What's wif their clothing, does the homunculus own a set of unitform? Must they dress black all the time?
Omakase Shimasu
Maybe because the word 'Sin' immediately gets categorized (??) with the color black? happy.gif Personally I think their clothes are cool. And it really fits them!

And can't they use their handy-dandy blue-sparkles-effects to 'get' them their clothes? blink.gif This may not make much sense...
So all the while when Sloth was only among the Sins in the earlier episodes, she should not be wearing her 'Sin' outfit but now she should?
TrueAlchemist
I think it is just style.

Sloth and Lust have tatoo around the chest.
I think for woman, it is much better to have a tatoo around chest.
It is more attractive for woman.

For male wise, I think the location does not matter except Pride.
Omakase Shimasu
So all the while when Sloth was only among the Sins in the earlier episodes, she should not be wearing her 'Sin' outfit but now she should?

Hehe, maybe she was just too lazy to transform. *shrugs* Or maybe she liked the Juliet Douglas form better.
TrueAlchemist
Just like name.
Haha
nice one.

Maybe, animators did not have a any good idea for cloth design for Sloth until the production of ep42.
Quistis88
QUOTE(cirle @ Aug 6 2004, 07:18 AM)
Why is Sloth scared of Winry when she says she is Ed/Al's mother (ep38).  I thought you needed a piece of their former selves?  Maybe its like babycrying hurts Wrath.

Ahh . . . you see, being Ed & Al's mother is her former self . . . and therefore . . . you know what happens. biggrin.gif
TrueAlchemist
But she attacked Ed
Quistis88
Perhaps Ed's name triggers something, but she does not know what they look like. *shrugs*
Vael
Uhm... Don't you think it would be slightly odd if a deskwoman in the military was wearing a full-length evening gown with opera gloves, and a rather odd tattoo, which is known by Ed, Al and Armstrong, on her chest?
TrueAlchemist
Hahaha,
I think I like her dress and her stlye.
I think the background for FMA is close to Western culture, close to Germany, France, and etc. Most of names are from British empire.

I think the chracter designers tries to give Sloth some high statue. She is in 30s at least her appearance wise.
So, it would be nice to wear a black silk dress with a long gloves. I do not think it is called opera gloves. There must be name for this gloves.

When we see Sloth in normal condition, she is just like the mother of Ed and Al, but when she turns into Homuculus form, her hair color changes and become some how sexy than military official. So, I do not think it is odd.

Don't you think Sloth can do things like Envy?
I mean she can change an appearance of herself.
It might be a posibility, but if it is possible, it makes Envy to be less valuable.
sad.gif
Vael
I don't think she can. She might be able to make minor appearance changes, but not many.

And, yes, they are opera gloves, but they do have other names for them.
Omakase Shimasu
You know, all this talking about Sloth has made me kinda curious as to her role in the FMA anime. I mean, what's the reason behind making Sloth Trisha? Other than squeezing more angst out of Ed than is considered healthy. dry.gif

And I agree with Vael about Sloth not being able to do what Envy does. They each have their individual powers, Envy being able to 'disguise' himself as practically everybody and Sloth... turning into water. sleep.gif;; Water. Of all things.
TrueAlchemist
I think being living liquid is cool stuff man.

And, her name is not Sloth Trisha. She is Sloth. Trisha is Eric brothers' mother.
No one can revive dead.
Sloth is monster that just have the same appearance as Trisha Eric.
Quistis88
How exactly do the homunculus obtain particular powers (such as Envy's transformation and Sloth's water thing)? Does it have anything to do with when their so-called 'former selves' were being transmutated? Maybe the alchemist who attempted to transmute them added a little extra something (differentiation in ingredients?), or could it be due to miscalculations?
TrueAlchemist
I think it is like random number fuction in Exel. laugh.gif

I really do.
It probably created by animators.
Their main goal should be creating cool character with potential to shock fans in good way.
I think I know why Sloth is water. Since the human body is 75% water, the liquid format is the laziest way to form the body since the carbon can exist within the liquid. Therefore, there is no need to form bones, organs, or complex structures.
Vael
I like that theory, guest. Better than anything else I could come up with, that's for sure. O.o
Flamel
That theory can onli be explain in the anime. But wat bout the manga? In the manga, the sloth is a different kind of person,as a matter of fact, sloth is bigger then greed and i don think he power will be the same.
Vael
Well, this *is* the anime forum, and the anime and manga are two entirely different things
Quistis88
QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 6 2004, 11:33 PM)
I think I know why Sloth is water.  Since the human body is 75% water, the liquid format is the laziest way to form the body since the carbon can exist within the liquid.  Therefore, there is no need to form bones, organs, or complex structures.

Good theory! It makes sense that she would be lazy, considering her alias. Also, how is it then biologically possible for her to propel herself around, especially when she is out of a body of water? (Assuming she is just water when she is in that state, which she might not be, because her face is visible).
WaveMaster
maybe it has something to do with her illness when she was human
I love sloth appearance, sexy and mature woman.... just like wat i want.....
Flamel
Perhaps sloth can control the hydrogen in the air so so that she can biologically possible for her to propel herself around or something
Omakase Shimasu
And, her name is not Sloth Trisha. She is Sloth. Trisha is Eric brothers' mother.

I know that. My question just came out wrong. happy.gif;; Was a bit tired at the time.
QUOTE(cirle @ Aug 6 2004, 01:18 PM)

How come only certain Homunculi have those red straps with the circle connections in their skin.  I know Gluttony, Greed, Envy, Wrath have them shown in plain sight, but Sloth, Lust, Pride don't seem to show them.  Wrath got them after he ate the red stones. 

Why is Sloth scared of Winry when she says she is Ed/Al's mother (ep38).  I thought you needed a piece of their former selves?  Maybe its like babycrying hurts Wrath.

1) Each Homunculus wears black and red. Envy has no dress so I suppose you mean Lust. They have a similar dress because they are the only two women in the little Homunculus gang.

2) Just a coincidence.

3) All of them have it. Lust: On her arms from her shoulders to her hands. Sloth" They are on either side of her waiste and stretch to her back. Pride: Once we see Pride wearing his black get up you will see 'em :-p

4) The reason she was scared is because the Hounculus are weak to anythign that is connected to their past. For Lust it is her hair because it brings back the memory of her true self. So Trisha it is the idea of a Mothers love. For Wrath it is a babies cry.
QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 7 2004, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE(cirle @ Aug 6 2004, 01:18 PM)

How come only certain Homunculi have those red straps with the circle connections in their skin.  I know Gluttony, Greed, Envy, Wrath have them shown in plain sight, but Sloth, Lust, Pride don't seem to show them.  Wrath got them after he ate the red stones. 

1) Each Homunculus wears black and red. Envy has no dress so I suppose you mean Lust. They have a similar dress because they are the only two women in the little Homunculus gang.

2) Just a coincidence.

3) All of them have it. Lust: On her arms from her shoulders to her hands. Sloth" They are on either side of her waiste and stretch to her back. Pride: Once we see Pride wearing his black get up you will see 'em :-p

4) The reason she was scared is because the Hounculus are weak to anythign that is connected to their past. For Lust it is her hair because it brings back the memory of her true self. So Trisha it is the idea of a Mothers love. For Wrath it is a babies cry.

1. By that theory Edward is also a homunculus.

2. Well they are/were both mothers so I find it strange they would do that. It seems like the tatoos indicate their strength. ultimate eye, eating tongue, greedy hands, lusty cleavage, fighting feet, perhaps "mother's love" fits better here for the heart tatoos. Someone said all the State Alchemists have tatoos, yet Al has one on his right shoulder(same as Sensei) and Edward doesn't have one, maybe he's saving it for Winry. Also Sensei's tat is a tad higher.

4. I'm not sure how Winry evoked "mother's love" by wondering if it was their mom. I think Sloth uses her love to stun Edward in 42. But then why are the Elric bros going back to Rizenpool in 43, I assume its to get her bones - not find a way to transmute "mother's love" from Hohenheim's sperm.
TrueAlchemist
Hey Guest,
I do not know who you are.
You are off the topic.

Ed is not homuculus.
Not every alchemist does have tatoo.
They are not stupide soldiers who decorate themselves with tatoo to represent their army.

Someone said that Homuculus fears any thing related to their past.
They do not have a past. They are monsters who only have same appearences nothing more nothing less.
Lust' hair did not bring back her old memories. It weakened her just like when Greed became weak when we went near his bone. There is no mother's love. Sloth is monster. If she has a little bit of love, She would not order others to kill her sons, or she would not try to kill Ed in ep 42

Eric brothers went to Rizenbul to pit up Sloth's bone to weaken her and kill her becasue it is their sin to create Sloth. Wrath has absolutly no weak point because he was sent to the gate. Baby cry just somehow pisses him off, but not bringing him past memories. Wrath has no memory to begin with. He was sent to beyond the gate. He has no past but anger towards his mother and desire to have Ed's body. Wrath is evil and he should be killed ASAP.
Zed
The Babies cry did not weaken Wrath, just drove him insane. He does mention that Ed may be the only weakness he has, but if that was true then Wrath would never be able to get close to Ed. he'll be a bastard to kill, thats for sure. As it stands only a few of them have possible weaknesses that are available at the moment.

Greed - His own bones
Lust - the Hair in the locket
Sloth - The bones of Ed and Al's mother

The rest are unknown. Not may episodes left to reveal either. makes me wonder if they are all going to die in the series.
Den
QUOTE(TrueAlchemist @ Aug 7 2004, 04:23 PM)
Lust' hair did not bring back her old memories.  It weakened her just like when Greed became weak when we went near his bone.  There is no mother's love.  Sloth is monster.  If she has a little bit of love, She would not order others to kill her sons, or she would not try to kill Ed in ep 42

Lust had some flashback when she tried to stop Scar when he wanted to create the philosopher stone, she saws the scene when Scar Brother's was praying near his girlfriend. You can't say that she has no memories.

And sloth, she was surprised when Winry said she was Ed and Al mother...
And for Wrath, when the baby was crying he had the flashback when Isumi put the baby behind the dark door...
dandie_candie
Despite the fact that Homoculus are monsters, they somehow have memories of the original form. Whether or not this effects their weaknesses, they're scared by their original bodies instead of being weakened. Although they appear to be monster with no memories, but they are infact created from failed human transmutations. Any human that was put into the transmutation and the result was a failure, they become homoculus. In other words, they have a slight glimpse of the original form that they were created from, and possibily some memories as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.