[from The August Engine]
"A Room and a Riddle"
"Insect"
"Doomed Parade"

[from The Bastard]
"You Should Have Slain Me"
"An Oath Sworn In Hell"
Quistis88
If you're into game music and you don't know this band, then shame on you. biggrin.gif

The Black Mages
love_me_destroyer
Bad Religion
Chiyo
Gorillaz

Unique...and the lead singer of Blur is the lead singer here too.
Foolio
Sublime: http://www.sublimespot.com/
(not enough people listen to them)

Muddasheep: http://www.muddasheep.com/index2.html (click the note to get lyrics)
http://organiceit.lanscene.at/~muddasheep/muddasheep_songs/
http://organiceit.lanscene.at/~muddasheep/hqa_ost/
for dls
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Foolio @ Feb 16 2005, 01:16 AM)
Sublime: http://www.sublimespot.com/
(not enough people listen to them)
[snapback]114669[/snapback]

Too many, if you ask me.

IMMOLATION
from Unholy Cult
"Of Martyrs & Men"

from Harnessing Ruin
"Harnessing Ruin"

ANATA
from Under A Stone With No Inscription
"A Problem Yet to Be Solved"

ALCHEMIST
from Austral Alien
"First Contact"

from Organasm
"Austral Spectrum" [sample]

from Spiritech
"Chinese Whispers" [sample]

from Lunasphere
"Yoni Kunda" [sample]

PRIMORDIAL
from The Gathering Wilderness
"The Golden Spiral"

more to come...
Haroken
Sublime sucks. biggrin.gif

www.symphonyx.com

www.dreamtheater.net

welcome to the best music ever.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Haroken @ Feb 16 2005, 02:12 AM)

www.symphonyx.com

www.dreamtheater.net

welcome to the best music ever.
[snapback]114724[/snapback]

Ugh... Dream Theater...

definitely not the best music ever.
Foolio
QUOTE(Haroken @ Feb 15 2005, 07:12 PM)

you might not want to go to sleep tonight, i might come by with a dagger
Haroken
Bring it on, talentless people have no place on this earth >=D
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Haroken @ Feb 16 2005, 03:15 AM)
Bring it on, talentless people have no place on this earth >=D
[snapback]114773[/snapback]

Sublime had some talent... they just didn't use it particularly well.
Foolio
blasphomy!

edit - im starting to get the idea that yall have only listened to their most popular songs (ie what i got) and not some of their better ones. what i go is pretty low on most sublime fans list.
Carnal Malefactor
Don't care. I don't like their sound, period.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 15 2005, 09:17 PM)
this
this
this
this
this
and this

You're welcome. biggrin.gif
[snapback]114791[/snapback]

Oh, why can't my curiosity be non-existent. mellow.gif Especially the first 3. Ugh.
Chiyo
*clicked on those buttons*
*is now in small ball crying on floor*
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Feb 16 2005, 10:26 AM)
[snapback]114866[/snapback]

There's a way you could've avoided that fiasco very easily...
Haroken
You hate sublime. Good.

You dislike Dream Theater. *smites*
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Haroken @ Feb 17 2005, 01:29 AM)
You hate sublime. Good.

You dislike Dream Theater. *smites*
[snapback]115397[/snapback]

Dream Theater is all wank, no jizz. They're extremely talented, there's no denying that, but when have they ever written an interesting song?
Haroken
I find all their stuff interesting I guess the question iis why you dont fin them "interesting".

The whole "Scenes from a Memory" album is really enjoyable as is anything from "Images and Words" particularly "Pull Me Under"

Also Hammers of Misfortune aint bad.

I liek Rooom and Riddle the rest are just okay.
Carnal Malefactor
k... and the rest that I posted?
Haroken
Rest?

Oh havent given them a listen yet.
love_me_destroyer
Love Me Destroyer
edsgirl
Wow some of that was crap in its purest form! Although I have to admit that I did like that Goldel Spiral song dry.gif Other than that, i can't really get into it. But thanks anyway Bacon tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Feb 23 2005, 02:32 AM)
Wow some of that was crap in its purest form!
[snapback]119902[/snapback]

...says the girl who's been known to listen to Linkin Park. tongue.gif
edsgirl
lol tongue.gif okay so you got me there! I'm at a lost for words dry.gif
DarkWater Alchemist
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Feb 17 2005, 01:56 AM)

[snapback]115350[/snapback]

Indeed. Arrow on link, link appears in left down corner, you see 'hillary duff' and RUN rolleyes.gif

I'm nog going to force you to listen to Tristania. Go to their official site it you want to, even though they don't have complete mp3's . And you guys probably know where to get music if you want to.

(i know I'm a damn lazyhead tongue.gif)
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(DarkWater Alchemist @ Feb 25 2005, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Feb 17 2005, 01:56 AM)

[snapback]115350[/snapback]

Indeed. Arrow on link, link appears in left down corner, you see 'hillary duff' and RUN rolleyes.gif

I'm nog going to force you to listen to Tristania. Go to their official site it you want to, even though they don't have complete mp3's . And you guys probably know where to get music if you want to.

(i know I'm a damn lazyhead tongue.gif)
[snapback]121427[/snapback]

Tristania is boooooooring.
Jaganshi
All of Dream Theater's stuff sounds the same. Great instrumental, but not enough vocals.
RemyLeBeau
Hey all, this is New Guy Remy LeBeau here, so everybody sit up and pay 'tenshun!

I grew up listening to my dad's old college collection of CDs, so I guess it warped me, but here's my list:

No links:
3 Doors Down (Mostly because of Kryptonite, wich is the best song in existence)
Third Day (A Christian band. I'll admit it, I serve the Big Man In The Sky.)
Jars of Clay (Yep. Another one. These guys are depressing, but still fun to listen to)
Lynrd Skynrd (Just Sweet Home Alabama, I swear!)
Blues Traveler (Old band, good music, great lyrics)
Dire Straits (Another ancient. Great songs, these guys are expert musicians)
Mudvayne (Good band, mostly listen because So Cold is an awesome song.)
Disturbed (Hey, these guys are the BEST - anger management on acid!)
Modest Mouse (My buddy is a cult fan, but I just shrug. They're depressing.)

Links:
Sum 41 (Awesome band, my one true love.)
Trapt (Another good one, not as good as Sum 41, but hey...)

Yeah, I guess I am kinda warped, but you can't deny that warping is what makes people fun.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(RemyLeBeau @ Mar 2 2005, 02:00 AM)
Hey all, this is New Guy Remy LeBeau here, so everybody sit up and pay 'tenshun!

I grew up listening to my dad's old college collection of CDs, so I guess it warped me, but here's my list:

No links:
Third Day (A Christian band. I'll admit it, I serve the Big Man In The Sky.)
Jars of Clay (Yep. Another one. These guys are depressing, but still fun to listen to)
Lynrd Skynrd (Just Sweet Home Alabama, I swear!)
Blues Traveler (Old band, good music, great lyrics)
Dire Straits (Another ancient. Great songs, these guys are expert musicians)
Mudvayne (Good band, mostly listen because So Cold is an awesome song.)
Disturbed (Hey, these guys are the BEST - anger management on acid!)
Modest Mouse (My buddy is a cult fan, but I just shrug. They're depressing.)

Links:
Sum 41 (Awesome band, my one true love.)
Trapt (Another good one, not as good as Sum 41, but hey...)

Yeah, I guess I am kinda warped, but you can't deny that warping is what makes people fun.
[snapback]124433[/snapback]

You have utterly SHIT taste, you know that?
blueices
You can always depend on Bacon's kindness to newcomers blink.gif

-----------------------
I'm sure the links have been posted before, but I'll just mention that I've been rather obsessed with all of L'arc~en~ciel and Hyde's stuff for about 2 months now. Very good vocals and their music has quite a bit of variety. (Sometimes ballad-ish and many times pretty dramatic) Highly recommendend
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(blueices @ Mar 2 2005, 02:15 AM)
You can always depend on Bacon's kindness to newcomers blink.gif

-----------------------
I'm sure the links have been posted before, but I'll just mention that I've been rather obsessed with all of L'arc~en~ciel and Hyde's stuff for about 2 months now.  Very good vocals and their music has quite a bit of variety.  (Sometimes ballad-ish and many times pretty dramatic) Highly recommendend
[snapback]124446[/snapback]

Newcomer or not, I don't mince words. I know it seems like arrogance on my part, but like I've said, given the choice between actual music and music-flavored products, far too many people choose the latter.
RemyLeBeau
Riiight...

rolleyes.gif

You know I could say the same about you.

cool.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(RemyLeBeau @ Mar 2 2005, 02:47 AM)
Riiight...

rolleyes.gif

You know I could say the same about you.

cool.gif
[snapback]124487[/snapback]

No you couldn't. I don't listen to music-flavored products.
RemyLeBeau
Well it's all a matter of perspective. To me, everything mentioned above is 'music-flavored products'

But what really irks me is that this forum's got dudes that dress up in bunny suits - and then we argue over music? Hmm.
Full Bacon Alchemist
QUOTE(RemyLeBeau @ Mar 2 2005, 06:44 AM)
Well it's all a matter of perspective. To me, everything mentioned above is 'music-flavored products'

But what really irks me is that this forum's got dudes that dress up in bunny suits - and then we argue over music? Hmm.
[snapback]124951[/snapback]

This is a purely objective issue, actually. When something is clearly intended for an audience that learns about new music from commercial radio and MTV, then it is a music-flavored product. It exists only to line the pockets of producers and record company execs by cashing in on trends in both sound and fashion. That is not art. And I do not listen to anything of that sort.
Chiyo
QUOTE(RemyLeBeau @ Mar 2 2005, 02:00 AM)
[snapback]124433[/snapback]

*bangs head against wall* When my mates get drunk they sing this at full blast, sometimes directed at me because of my name. No, lets not go into that.

So much music is flavoured nowadays, and its the same taste usually to please the majority of the public.
MTV turned to shit as soon as they started playing rap. Now they don't play anything else.

Oh and I disagree about the 'music-flavored products' deal - you have to be a damn good musician to make it in the big leagues, so why not listen to them? Just because somebody's unpopular, makes little money, and has never been on TV doesn't gaurantee good music.

Although I do agree about the 'everything is the same' deal.
So many bands think it's the cool thing to write songs about depression and death and how their dog died and they want to cut themselves.
NO.
Rock is all about having a good time, getting drunk, and burning the portapotties at the concert. It's about time we got back to that.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 3 2005, 01:38 PM)
MTV turned to shit as soon as they started playing rap. Now they don't play anything else.

Oh and I disagree about the 'music-flavored products' deal - you have to be a damn good musician to make it in the big leagues, so why not listen to them? Just because somebody's unpopular, makes little money, and has never been on TV doesn't gaurantee good music.
[snapback]125847[/snapback]

Well, that shows just how naive you are. While not all popular music is manufactured [a few of my favorites have gold and platinum records under their belts, such as Iron Maiden, Soundgarden and Faith No More], and not all unpopular music is good [not by a longshot], a vast majority of bands you see on mtv and hear on commercial airwaves are there for one reason and one reason only: marketing. A good number of these bands started out playing a different style of music, then noticed that they weren't going to make any money doing what they were doing, copped to a current trend and sold out to a major record label that would get them exposure on radio and mtv.
Talent alone doesn't get you anywhere anymore. You have to be opportunistic, lucky, and ready to sell your soul at a moment's notice if you want commercial success in the music industry. And the hard truth is that most of these 'artists' have no real talent to speak of. Just look at Ashlee Simpson, and all these other lip-synching jokers. They don't write their own music or play their own instruments. They're paid to look cute and star in 'edgy' videos that appeal to Echo Boomer morons. And while bands like Trapt and Sum41 may perform their own material, the artistic merit of that material is highly dubious. That's why their popularity doesn't last very long, and many of them are 'one-hit wonders'. Quality music has staying power. It's been 36 years since the first King Crimson album came out, and people still revere it as a classic. Is anyone going to remember who the hell Disturbed were in 2040? I seriously doubt it.

[/rant]
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(RemyLeBeau @ Mar 3 2005, 01:39 PM)
Sorry, that last post was me in a hurry.

Although I do agree about the 'everything is the same' deal.
So many bands think it's the cool thing to write songs about depression and death and how their dog died and they want to cut themselves.
NO.
Rock is all about having a good time, getting drunk, and burning the portapotties at the concert. It's about time we got back to that.
[snapback]125848[/snapback]

Again, you are seriously naive if you believe this.
RemyLeBeau
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Mar 3 2005, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 3 2005, 01:38 PM)

[snapback]125847[/snapback]

Well, that shows just how naive you are. While not all popular music is manufactured [a few of my favorites have gold and platinum records under their belts, such as Iron Maiden, Soundgarden and Faith No More], and not all unpopular music is good [not by a longshot], a vast majority of bands you see on mtv and hear on commercial airwaves are there for one reason and one reason only: marketing. A good number of these bands started out playing a different style of music, then noticed that they weren't going to make any money doing what they were doing, copped to a current trend and sold out to a major record label that would get them exposure on radio and mtv.
Talent alone doesn't get you anywhere anymore. You have to be opportunistic, lucky, and ready to sell your soul at a moment's notice if you want commercial success in the music industry. And the hard truth is that most of these 'artists' have no real talent to speak of. Just look at Ashlee Simpson, and all these other lip-synching jokers. They don't write their own music or play their own instruments. They're paid to look cute and star in 'edgy' videos that appeal to Echo Boomer morons. And while bands like Trapt and Sum41 may perform their own material, the artistic merit of that material is highly dubious. That's why their popularity doesn't last very long, and many of them are 'one-hit wonders'. Quality music has staying power. It's been 36 years since the first King Crimson album came out, and people still revere it as a classic. Is anyone going to remember who the hell Disturbed were in 2040? I seriously doubt it.

[/rant]
[snapback]125899[/snapback]

And of course I agree with you about the crappy pop singers like Ashlee Simpson.

However, your argument begs the question,
Why should I give a shit whether Disturbed is remembered in 2040?
I don't care if their band falls apart tomorrow and they never make another CD -
their music still sounds great to me.

If you want to be part of something that will last for a long time, go right ahead.
However, why does it matter?

The ulterior motives of a band means nothing to me, all I want is the music they make.

In Conclusion:
I think you're the one being naive, thinking that your music is better because it will supposedly last forever. I'm just being cynical and sticking with bands while they're good, keeping the good parts, and moving on to the next band.

Why stay with a band through thick and thin, not looking at anything else? Seems pretty futile to me.
Bacon is not for sale
So in other words, you agree that you prefer music-flavored products over actual music. That's all well and good if you're happy with it, but don't try to argue with people who like actual music, because it's an argument you can't win.
RemyLeBeau
Yeah, I guess you could put it that way.

However, all I'm saying is that although they may cater to the public, that doesn't mean they're bad, end of story.

Ookay, now let's both put down the knives and agree to disagree, eh?
Slashrose1010
http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2O0CJV0...DO2N3SYVU3186HG <---is apparently you send it, so hopefully someone will make use of this before it expires. FYI, tis j-death metal, if you are into that genre...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BTDV271W Anthem is j-metal. Have fun.
Slashrose1010
Dark Tranquillity and Nevermore are pretty good, but I didn't like the others. For some reason, I thought Arcturus was gonna be pretty darn good, but they were my least favourite of the ones you posted laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Nov 27 2005, 04:09 PM) [snapback]320429[/snapback]

Dark Tranquillity and Nevermore are pretty good, but I didn't like the others. For some reason, I thought Arcturus was gonna be pretty darn good, but they were my least favourite of the ones you posted laugh.gif

Arcturus is an acquired taste.

...and why are you typing like an Englishman? blink.gif
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(What, no bacon? @ Nov 27 2005, 08:31 PM) [snapback]320564[/snapback]

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Nov 27 2005, 04:09 PM) [snapback]320429[/snapback]

...and why are you typing like an Englishman? blink.gif

You just noticed that? I thought you would have noticed all the times I used "ou" instead of "o" in words like Favourite and Colour.... I also spell theater "theatre" tongue.gif and it is a habit I picked up from talking to Cafe.

I didn't feel like uploading individual songs since that is a pain. So... come one, come all, and try Slash's random musical MP3 package! Here is the list as follows:
Tightrope - Tetsu69
In Our Darkest Hour - Phantom Planet
Respect - Pantera
Stand by Me - Oasis

Slash's MP3 Bundle

It is only like 6 MB, so people better try these great songs *shakes fist* Enjoy ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.