Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post Mp3s Of Songs You Like
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Carnal Malefactor
Deathspell Omega - "Carnal Malefactor"

A haunting Gregorian chant, sandwiched between two slices of menacing French black metal.

And yes, I'm aware that 'menacing French [anything]' doesn't seem possible.
Slashrose1010
You've already posted this song in here before tongue.gif I know this because I have it saved in my folder. It's a good song. I think I DLed some of their other songs. Haven't really listened to them thoroughly, though.
Carnal Malefactor
Weird. I searched for it to make sure I hadn't posted it, but nothing came up. Are you sure you got it from me?
Slashrose1010
mellow.gif Yeah... I don't know, maybe you linked it as "try this song" or something and the link expired. I definitely got it from you though cause I seldom touch black metal without someone suggesting it, and seeing how you're the only person I know who really listens to black metal (all my other metal head friends are more into thrash, power, folk, viking etc)

It doesn't hurt to repost things though once in awhile, I guess. I doubt the newbies on the board know who Deathspell is.
Carnal Malefactor
A couple of Anata tracks from their first album

"Let the Heavens Hate"
"Slain Upon His Altar"
Toby-Chan
I wouldn't know as I'm not a radio listener at all, but you've probably all heard this one. Just for good measure, I feel like sharing it, because it's nice to come across a pop song that's unique.

Ramalama (Bang bang) by Roisin Murphy. It's catchy in a bizarre way.
Carnal Malefactor
New Immolation FTW!

"Shadows in the Light"
Slashrose1010
That was a pretty sweet Immolation song. I haven't really checked out their stuff, but I might after my comp is fixed. Pretty heavy brutal stuff.

I dunno why, but Toby's file couldn't open :/ I think it's prob my retarded computer. I'll search it on youtube.
I thought the song was pretty boring and repetitive =/ but I thought some of the background music could have been utilized to make a better song. The vocals are pretty bland. It's pretty much just talking in rhythm. Sometimes different isn't always better <.<... >.>...
Toby-Chan
Please to be listening to Break of Reality. Songs available for listening, though not download, Here and Here. I think "Solid Ground" is my favorite so far.
edsgirl
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 20 2007, 07:33 PM) [snapback]520068[/snapback]
Please to be listening to Break of Reality. Songs available for listening, though not download, Here and Here. I think "Solid Ground" is my favorite so far.

ohmy.gif I've heard some of their songs before on their official site! After you got me into Rasputina, I went searching for some cello rock and this is one of the bands I found. I'm stilling waiting on their first album to be shipped. Come to think, that was a few weeks ago unsure.gif

@BITS:
I'll get back to you once I go through all the stuff on the other pages too. I have a lot to listen to sad.gif
Toby-Chan
Whee for cello rock! I ought to buy their album. I guess it's expectable that the shipping would be slow since they're pretty small and indie. But that's what makes buying more important.

The site says their first album isn't in stock. sad.gif That's the one with a song called 'Trogdor' on it. I'd buy it if for no other reason than that! (Well, provided I still knew how awesome their songs were.)
edsgirl
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 20 2007, 07:53 PM) [snapback]520082[/snapback]
Whee for cello rock! I ought to buy their album. I guess it's expectable that the shipping would be slow since they're pretty small and indie. But that's what makes buying more important.

The site says their first album isn't in stock. sad.gif That's the one with a song called 'Trogdor' on it. I'd buy it if for no other reason than that! (Well, provided I still knew how awesome their songs were.)

rolleyes.gif I'm a dork. I didn't buy the first, I bought the second one according to my order details. But still, it should have been here by now. Oh well, like you said small and indie. I guess I really shouldn't have expected it like within the same week. But I still want the first album.
Slashrose1010
Abramelin is a pretty sweet band. That was a good death metal song. It sounds different from most death metal I have heard. Usually, it is just really heavy hacking away at the axe, but this band has an even balance of heavy riffage yet not being overpowering with some melody. I really liked this song.

Necromantia was good too. I liked the almost neoclassical intro. The song almost has a symphonic feel too, which is nice since I think symphonic black metal is hard to do, but it's not overkill like Dimmu Burger, just a pinch. I like the slight breaks in the beginning of the song, too. The midsection just OK though, nothing extremely great. The ending begins the near symphonic sound again and is interesting.

Is this what all american black metal sounds like or something? Vocally, I mean. The vocals remind me of the Weakling type, which I do not like. Other than that, the instruments were really good. Solid black metal right there. The guitar work was really sweet.

Afflicted is nice technical death. The production could have been better, but if polished, this song would be even better. The guitar is refreshing... I don't know any other older technical death metal bands, but compared to new technical death, it sounds different in a good way, not that the new kind is bad. The drums aren't constant blastbeats and don't get repetative either. Well written music.

This Iniquity song has some interesting parts, but a lot of it sounds like typical death metal. The melodic passages in the song compliment the brutal guitar, though, and don't sound awkward. I think that's hard to do. I don't know, for some reason, I don't find this band as catchy or interesting as Psycroptic or Demilich.

Grotesque has some pretty sweet guitar. Good catchy tremelo picking and the solo is pretty sweet. I think the bass drum could be emphasized a little bit more, though. The song was kind of repetitive, but catchy. Not something I would listen to very often, but it's good death metal.

Overall, I liked Abramelin the most out of what you posted (save Anata since I didn't DL those particular songs since I've heard them before). Good stuff, maybe you should post some more of their stuff >_>

Kenji
Chinese songs anyone? tongue.gif
I uploaded one of my favourite...

Mei Li De Shen Hua/ 美丽的神话

after 30 days, if there isn't anymore downloads, the file will be automatically removed. ^.^

For the lyrics, please visit here.
Carnal Malefactor
http://www.fileupyours.com/files/86711/02%...%20Existens.mp3

Nagelfar... some song with a really long title. It's German black metal and it's LOOOOONG
Carnal Malefactor
Excommunion - "Serpent of Deep"

...for those who like it brutal
Carnal Malefactor
Here's a couple of tracks from the new Root album. It's an odd'un.

"Human"
"Awakening"
Carnal Malefactor
...And speaking of odd'uns, here's a couple of songs from an album that's 9 years old, but the world STILL isn't ready for... Gorguts - Obscura

"Earthly Love"
"Subtle Body"
ゆきえいり
Abstruse Oh God! You've corrupted me. Now what are my parents going to say? lol

I'll Make A Man Out Of You-Mulan Soundtrack
^I felt REALLY random

Kurenai-X JAPAN

Killswitch Engage-The End of Heartache
Slashrose1010
Mithras - Tomb of Kings

Brutal death metal. Pretty extreme for those who are not familiar with death metal, but good stuff if you're up to it.
Carnal Malefactor
Keep of Kalessin - "Armada"

it's epikk y0!
Carnal Malefactor
Primordial - "Empire Falls"
This may well be the best song of 2007.
Toby-Chan
For Halloween, some semi-themed songs of the day:

Judgement Day- In the Hall of the Mountain King

How Death Comes

Theme from "Halloween"

Eisely- Marvelous Things (I think it's slightly creepy sounding, anyhow.)

Rasputina's most overplayed song
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.