Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post Mp3s Of Songs You Like
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Carnal Malefactor
Yes.
The RZA
Well then I will type this way from now on, so how's the spam been here lately??? Out of control, or more peaceful than it was a while back?
Carnal Malefactor
This isn't the topic for discussing that.
JoshP1389
Cannonball - The Breeders - Last Splash (1994)

As I mentioned in "Favorite Female Artist", this is their hit song "Cannonball" from their 1994 album, Last Splash. It ranked #2 on the charts of Modern Rock Tracks in 1993 in it's first debut on radio.
Slashrose1010
Intestine Baalism - Anatomy of the Beast

Japanese death metal, ftw!
Carnal Malefactor
YEEEEESSSS.

I miss IB. I have no idea if they're still around.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Aug 23 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback]436399[/snapback]

Sounds like Cookie Monster.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 24 2006, 01:29 AM) [snapback]436476[/snapback]

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Aug 23 2006, 08:13 PM) [snapback]436399[/snapback]

Sounds like Cookie Monster.

Gee, what an original sentiment. rolleyes.gif

Here's Enslaved doing their best Pink Floyd impression
Slashrose1010
Surprisingly, I am not that huge of a Pink Floyd fan. I like some of their songs to some degree and I respect them as musicians, but I just can't get into them that easilly for some reason.

But that Enslaved song, that is a good song.
Carnal Malefactor
This one, I'm sure, will go over most people's heads.

Demilich - "The Sixteenth Six Tooth Son Of Fourteen Four-Regional Dimensions [Still Unnamed]"

and as a a bonus

Demilich - "Raped Embalmed Beauty Sleep"
Toby-Chan
Happy Halloween.

My little Shirtwaist Fire.

Transylvanian Concubine
Slashrose1010
Artcell - Dhushor Shomoy

Rock from Bangladesh biggrin.gif
joanne45
Fatboy Slim
Evanescence
Linkin Park
My Chemical Romance
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
House of Pain
Cafe del Mar

....I had to add more soon.
Toby-Chan
Merry Christmas. Have some presents! (I was going to upload some medieval carols for you, but then my laptop deaded just in time for christmas. :'C)

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone here that I've been very much into Rasputina over the past two months. I've been pondering over which song of theirs would be best for sharing, trying to think of something everyone might like, but that seems impossible. I couldn't choose a personal favorite, but if I had to chance sharing one and giving everyone a listen, I guess it'd be-

"Stumpside"

From their first album, which is my overall favorite, mostly because they have more of their acoustic pieces there, which I prefer. They have good songs over the years, and I do rather like some of the electronic sounds, but mostly it's hard to distinguish a plugged-in cello from a sloppy electric guitar; cello is most graceful when played as it was intended. (Most of their songs are two cellos + drums + vocals)

Secondary reccomendations-

Leechwife - For the electric cello
High on Life - This one sounds almost like country rock. It's not a very meaningful song, but it's fun, and proof that Rasputina songs aren't all floaty pseudo-gothic poetry and weird spoken tracks; they can also play a good pop song.
Dig Ophelia - Because I just love it.
Slashrose1010
It's not something I would listen to on a normal basis, or at all really >.> but I think they would make great music for soundtracks and junk. I liked the first and last tracks you posted. Didn't listen to the second, but High On Life did not sit well with me. They are like a female Apocalyptica who play a classical gothic sound.
Slashrose1010
Here is a Pakistani rock band video on youtube. It's a pretty nice mellow track for anyone who enjoys that kind of music. Nice soft vocals.

Lagan - Udasi
Little Washu
If I could download Music off of MusicMatch, I'd show you people what real music is! I mean, what the heck is sublime? It sounds like an add for Mt. Dew!!! Here are good bands people!!!:

Evanescence (all except "Call me when you're sober. It ruined their death style)
Linkin Park
3 days Grace
Flyleaf
Panic! At the disco
Eminem

As you can see by the first 4 bands, I hate happy music. It's so not catchy.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Jan 1 2007, 01:38 AM) [snapback]490055[/snapback]
If I could download Music off of MusicMatch, I'd show you people what real music is! I mean, what the heck is sublime? It sounds like an add for Mt. Dew!!! Here are good bands people!!!:

Evanescence (all except "Call me when you're sober. It ruined their death style)
Linkin Park
3 days Grace
Flyleaf
Panic! At the disco
Eminem

The first four bands are horrid. Eminem!? How are your eardrums still working? Those six bands or artists are the reason MTV keeps showing stupid shows instead of music videos. Sorry to make fun of your music, but you need some new bands.
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Jan 1 2007, 02:38 AM) [snapback]490055[/snapback]

Linkin Park
3 days Grace
Flyleaf
Panic! At the disco
Eminem

Are you serious? You're supposed to show us what real music is with really watered down drivel? huh.gif

Evanescence = worse knock off of european gothic metal/rock
LP = crappy nu-metal
3 Days Grace = bad imitation hard rock/metal band
Flyleaf = Avril Lavigne knock off, equally bad
Panic = ruined saloon style music and bad vocals
Eminem = used to be good, now he is just boring

Don't worry, you'll get over this childish pretensious "I'm such a dark person" phase. Hopefully.
Little Washu
How can you not love them??!! I mean honestly, they're lyrics are better then most others!!! The only reason I like those bands are:

1. I love anything that's about pain
2. I can relate to all of them.

Never mock an abused persons music. Because they'll do nothing about it. Have you ever been hit in the head with a metal chair, intentionally, by your mom's boyfriend!!!?? Yeah, it hurts! So does being slammed into a counter, hair being pulled, and getting scratched so hard that there are scars! But I should'nt be yaking out my frustration on you people. Sorry.

Oh yeah, Slashrose1010, I've been like this my whole life.
Slashrose1010
I'm sorry about your personal life, but I wasn't criticising you as a person. Just the bands that you said were great.

Firstly, even if you could upload those songs, you wouldn't need to since everyone knows who they are and have likely heard them already, and if not, a quick search on YouTube would turn up like 3 or 5 different music videos.

Second, even if you are a painful person inside, doesn't mean you have to resort to emo and nu-metal :x I mean, there is plenty of good decent rock and metal out there with decent lyrics that aren't so whiney like Linkin Park and generic like 3 Days Grace.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
^^^^^
Amen.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Jan 1 2007, 05:06 PM) [snapback]490251[/snapback]
How can you not love them??!! I mean honestly, they're lyrics are better then most others!!! The only reason I like those bands are:

1. I love anything that's about pain
2. I can relate to all of them.

Never mock an abused persons music. Because they'll do nothing about it. Have you ever been hit in the head with a metal chair, intentionally, by your mom's boyfriend!!!?? Yeah, it hurts! So does being slammed into a counter, hair being pulled, and getting scratched so hard that there are scars! But I should'nt be yaking out my frustration on you people. Sorry.

Oh yeah, Slashrose1010, I've been like this my whole life.

QUIT BEING A WUSSY!

Having pain in your life is no excuse for listening to shitty music.

Here. This should cleanse the taste of rancid shit from your palate: Rapture - "Transfixion"
Vash_the_Gunslinger
QUOTE(Void @ Jan 2 2007, 02:10 PM) [snapback]490487[/snapback]
Here. This should cleanse the taste of rancid shit from your palate: Rapture - "Transfixion"

Nice song. I have never heard of Rapture. I should check them out.
Toby-Chan
As with most of the songs you present, I like the instrumentals and composition of the song itself, but the vocals throw me off. There's something about growly death vocals that completely alienates what message the piece might have had. It seems more ridiculous than hardcore.
Carnal Malefactor
They do it because they can't sing. :C
Toby-Chan
That's too bad. :'C Still, it seems it would be easier to sing than growl your throat out. Can't be good for the larynx. I prefer when a band has decent or at least coherent vocals (Like the Dan Swano song you uploaded a long time ago.)

A friend uploaded this a few days ago on LJ, and I extend the favor.

"God Thinks" - Voltaire
Slashrose1010
Haha.

Anyway, I don't think that it is worse than hardcore. Call me bias if you want, because I am, but for good reason, I think. I think hxc vocals sound more whiney than actual death vocals. But the main reason I think HxC has such horrible vocals, and shouldn't really even be compared to death grunts is because death metal is older, and hardcore and screamo is just emo imitating death metal cause they think they are brutal or something with their girl pants rolleyes.gif

Anywho, Rapture is OK. I don't think they are anything magnificent. I heard some of their stuff awhile ago too because of MySpace. They are decent, though.
Carnal Malefactor
@Toby: You'd probably like newer Katatonia. Similar music, but no growling.

@Slash: I don't think she meant 'hardcore', the genre. I think she meant it as an adjective.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Yes, Rapture's vocals sounded off. I think it is because they have two vocalists. Not to mention the growling. Otherwise, it was a pretty good song. I usually don't like metal/death metal kinds of songs, but this was pretty good.
Little Washu
Void, you made me cry. I'm a very emotional person and I get hurt VERY easilly so I hope your happy. I like those bands because that's my kind of music. I like goth music because I like it. And you like your music for whatever reasons you have. I don't care what YOU think!!! If I like it then I'LL listen to it! I NEVER said "You HAV'TA listen to it!" I'm not forcing you! I mean, did I ASK for your opinion? I mean, sure! Yell at a 12 year old! Jerk. But whatever. I can tell when I'm not wanted so I'll leave. (Not that you care)

Kakashi:.............................b**t**d. Wait Little Washu! Don't leave me!
Carnal Malefactor
Hahahaha. you think that crap is 'goth'.

[sigh]

Kids...
Toby-Chan
Simmer down now, children.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
That was a little hostile post by Little Washu.
Slashrose1010
The closest thing to goth you posted was Evanescence, which is bland goth-rock if anything gothic at all. Though, I do not consider it goth at all since goth bands with female vocals pretty much always try to sing somewhat operaticly. Amy Lee does not. Anyway, none of the other bands were goth. Haha.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Goth is just boring. mellow.gif
edsgirl
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Dec 27 2006, 02:02 PM) [snapback]488641[/snapback]
"Stumpside"

From their first album, which is my overall favorite, mostly because they have more of their acoustic pieces there, which I prefer. They have good songs over the years, and I do rather like some of the electronic sounds, but mostly it's hard to distinguish a plugged-in cello from a sloppy electric guitar; cello is most graceful when played as it was intended. (Most of their songs are two cellos + drums + vocals)

Secondary reccomendations-
Dig Ophelia - Because I just love it.

Gorgeous! I really liked these two, but the other links are dead. Already put em on my Ipod. I know I've heard some of there music before, but I just can't remember where.

Well I guess I'll put up something different from the rest of yous. This is Zero 7, one of my favorite groups in the world. There sound is more trip hop, but oh so chill. I just like to put their stuff on and sit in a chair and stare at blank walls or the ceiling. It really mellows me out on those stressful days I seem to have often.

Zero 7 Spinning
In the waiting line
Morning song

I got a feeling I'll be the only one that likes stuff like this.

Toby-Chan
Jazzy. I like. smile.gif (Too bad my other links deaded. Perhaps I'll have to try another host.)

---

Speaking of Cello rock- I must share this band. (Via youtube as they're small and not available for download anywhere) *Wants to get their album*
Slashrose1010
@Toby: Wow, that was pretty damn sweet.

Lanfear

Really good progressive heavy/power metal band.
Anna Molly
and does anyone know where i can get the song Shinkirou by LOVEHOLIC? i love that song, and i cant find it. and sublime is okay, not the best band. im really bored, and i like pie, please dont kill me.......
The RZA
Im just hoping someone will give this track a chance. Its Hip-Hop, but not 1 of money, cars, ho's, & clothes songs. (The terrible songs that any true rap fan would hate & the songs most people on this board, believe represents all rap). Its by a group called Promatic, consisting of Proof(R.I.P) of D12 & Dogmatic. Its a really good song & Proof has a great verse(the 2nd). So give it a chance & leave some feedback.

Promatic - Life
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Anna Molly @ Feb 9 2007, 09:43 PM) [snapback]503146[/snapback]
and does anyone know where i can get the song Shinkirou by LOVEHOLIC? i love that song, and i cant find it. and sublime is okay, not the best band. im really bored, and i like pie, please dont kill me.......

Errr... that's not what this topic is for... dry.gif

Here are live versions of two of my favorite Emperor songs
"With Strength I Burn"
"Inno A Satana"

-------
This song creeps me out.
The Angels of Light - "Real Person"
Kenji
-Any good will Mod/Admin that pass thru this page, please kindly delete my post. Thank You.-

<Editted by Sir bacon>
O Rly?
Carnal Malefactor
Ya Rly!
Carnal Malefactor
Big Black - "Kitty Empire" [per Slash's request]
Slashrose1010
I like both the Angels of Light and Big Black songs. They are both nice in their own way. Kind of the same style in that they are both repetative.
Carnal Malefactor
Heh. that's the first time I've ever seen anyone draw a comparison between those two bands...

[besides the fact that Michael Gira and Steve Albini are both post-punk icons]
Carnal Malefactor
Here's a pair of CADAVER songs, because CADAVER was rad

"Decomposed Metal Skin"
"Evil Is Done"
Slashrose1010
I thought the second song was a lot better, but they were both good. Evil Is Done sounded more evil, imo, which is always good in death metal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.