Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post Mp3s Of Songs You Like
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
JoshP1389
IPB Image
The Killing Field - The Pillows - Living Field (1995)

Fast paced song, impossible to tab and play, strange engrish, and reccomended to those who like NAKED SHUFFLE.
Carnal Malefactor
...This song is not for the faint-of-heart, or anyone with a short attention span. But I guarantee it to be the most frightening thing you'll ever hear. In fact, you may very well shit your pants.

Catacombs - "In The Depths Of R'Lyeh"
Slashrose1010
What a dark doom-metal song you got there mellow.gif Very good indeed. I didn't find listening straight through a problem for this song, like I do with some others since I have the attention span of a fly.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Void @ Feb 20 2006, 02:16 PM) [snapback]352388[/snapback]

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Feb 20 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]352347[/snapback]

Canta Per Me- By Kajiura Yuki

It may be in poorly pronounced grammatically incorrect Itarian, but gosh it's a gorgeous song!

Already have it. I love the Noir soundtrack. happy.gif

As do I. Although I think that one's the best. There are others that are great but have a few glaring flaws. Like Salva Nos, which is excellent most of the way through, until that ending. Ugh, that effing ending. It sounds like somebody trying to strangle their guitar.

---

Here's some decent listening.
Zarpia
QUOTE(Void @ Mar 15 2006, 10:03 PM) [snapback]363857[/snapback]

...This song is not for the faint-of-heart, or anyone with a short attention span. But I guarantee it to be the most frightening thing you'll ever hear. In fact, you may very well shit your pants.

I like it, and I also found a funny review about them laugh.gif

Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Zarpia @ Mar 18 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]365138[/snapback]

blink.gif oh?
Zarpia
QUOTE(Void @ Mar 18 2006, 09:22 PM) [snapback]365341[/snapback]

QUOTE(Zarpia @ Mar 18 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]365138[/snapback]

blink.gif oh?

Nothing. tongue.gif
Winkle
Been watching Macross 7 for the last week, so I'm on a Fire Bomber-music rampage, basically been listening to nothing but Fire Bomber mustc for a week. Some of their songs are surprisingly good.

Have to say, stuff like Holy Lonely Night and Submarine Street are excellent songs.
JoshP1389
Yasei no Taiyou (The Wild Sun) - THE BACK HORN - Shinzou Orchestra (2002)

IPB Image
Boring intro, yet very awesome melody and lyrics, excellent bass fill, and roaring vocals. Highly reccomended to fans of L'Arc~en~Ciel and other JRock/JPop. THE BACK HORN is an underground indie-based band. It consists of Yamada Masashi [Vocals], Suganami Eijun [Guitar], Okamine Kohshu [Bass], and Matsuda Shinji [Drums].

Lyrics
Slashrose1010
I don't like his vocals. When he does the 'roaring' vocals, it sounds bad. I don't see that much similarity to Laruku, but maybe if they changed the vocalist they would be better.
JoshP1389
It's difficult to accept them, it truly is. I didn't add them to my list till about two years after I first heard them. That's how much I hated them.

Here's something more gentle towards the ears.

Sora, Hoshi, Umi No Yoru (A Night Sky, Stars and Sea) - " " " - Ningen Program (2003)

Lyrics

Last one. I swear.
Carnal Malefactor
Here's a couple of songs I think everyone will like:

Blackfield - "Cloudy Now"

Dan Swanö - "Amon-Ra"
Slashrose1010
Wow, Blackfield was very moving. I like that song a lot. I'll probably look for more of there stuff sometime wink.gif I liked Dan Swano, too. I really enjoyed the vocals and the song sounded very cool, too. Wow, it took me awhile to get to these songs, but it was worth it.
darkangelslayer
I don't even know if anyone is going to bother to download this, but heck, I like this song and if anyone is like me (who's willng to listen to anything and everything) you might just enjoy it.

It's a techno-ish song and-- as the title suggests-- has Gregorian chanting in it. There's a female vocalist with a operatic voice which complements the song extremely well.

http://www.easy-sharing.com/390641/Gregorian - Masters Of Chant III - 01 - Join Me.mp3.html

(Code is being weird for me dry.gif)
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(darkangelslayer @ Apr 20 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]384140[/snapback]

I don't even know if anyone is going to bother to download this, but heck, I like this song and if anyone is like me (who's willng to listen to anything and everything) you might just enjoy it.

It's a techno-ish song and-- as the title suggests-- has Gregorian chanting in it. There's a female vocalist with a operatic voice which complements the song extremely well.

http://www.easy-sharing.com/390641/Gregorian - Masters Of Chant III - 01 - Join Me.mp3.html

(Code is being weird for me dry.gif)

I'm having problems downloading it. sad.gif
Slashrose1010
I can see why you would like this band. The female operatic vocals are very similar to Within Temptation's and Theatre of Tragedy's.
darkangelslayer
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Apr 20 2006, 04:30 PM) [snapback]384141[/snapback]
I'm having problems downloading it. sad.gif
Aw, what's it say?

Oh, and I got this song from Love_Shine_mp3. They have a lot of different types of songs; not only Japanese.
The RZA
Thuggish Ruggish Bone

Mr. Ouija

not that anyones gonna listen 2 these but, here they are
Toby-Chan
"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. If the file is on another computer, verify that you are connected to the network. If you typed a path, verify that it is correct. If the problem persists, the server might not be available."
JoshP1389
Bone Machine - Pixies - Surfer Rosa (1988)

Nice introduction to the Pixies.

"Your bones' got a little machine..."
Toby-Chan
I had a hard time deciding what to upload. Some of them are super good but really similar to eachother and some of them... well-

*Just picks a few and throws them out* I'll put up some others later.

Kinderly Pretty Short- Dance type song, dominated by vocals

Salva Nos
Similar to Kinderly, a little stronger sounding with the heavier drum/instrumentals.

Glass Window Slow and delicate... it sounds like fairies.

I feel so bo-... bo-diddlysquat... bohemian.
g0rd0
well, i decided to post some rap songs.....great rap songs. these are some of the best rap songs i've ever heard, so if you don't like any of these, then you just plain don't like rap

Immortal Technique:
Dance With The Devil
You Never Know

Tupac:
Baby Don't Cry
Changes
Only God Can Judge Me
Carnal Malefactor
Mr. Bungle - "None Of Them Knew They Were Robots"

Necrophobic - "I Strike With Wrath"

One of these is bizarro swing jazz... one is death metal... guess which is which! tongue.gif
Slashrose1010
Haha, it is pretty obvious the first is bizarro swing jazz and the second is death metal, unless this is a trick question. Btw, I thought both songs were awesome. I like the first one more, though. Very original sounding and fun laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Swans - "Power And Sacrifice"

Oxbow - "The Snake And The Stick"
JoshP1389
IPB Image
Sasu-You - Number Girl - Sappukei (2000)

Some people might not like it at first (like the Back Horn), but it just ends up into your music collection anyways. It's hard to believe Asian Kung-Fu Generation was influenced by them, especially Gotoh Masafumi.

told u gueiz i was hardkore
Carnal Malefactor
MOAR!

Adramelech - "The Book Of The Worm" [one of many reasons to love Finland]

Le Monkey
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ May 15 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]395720[/snapback]

Is grammer and spelling a problem for you? dry.gif

Encyclopedia
ThinkPol

Check them out, good bands.. biggrin.gif
JoshP1389
QUOTE(Void @ May 15 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]395831[/snapback]

MOAR!

D:

Get a FileUPYOURS account. Free and easy.

QUOTE(Le Monkey @ May 15 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]395855[/snapback]

QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ May 15 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]395720[/snapback]

Is grammer and spelling a problem for you? dry.gif

<3

---
IPB Image
Tame - Pixies - Doolittle (1989)
In Heaven (Lady in the Radiator Song) [Live] - Pixies - Complete B-sides (2002)

Francis Black is possibly my favorite "yeller" so far (apart from the Back Horn). Both songs are some of his finest.

IPB Image
U-rei - Number Girl - Sappukei (2000)

Lots of distortion in this one. I'd really like to know if they're using pedals or if it's natural. :/

IPB Image
Game - The Back Horn - Shinzou Orchestra (2002)

Underground band from Japan. I like 'em. Lyrics are worth your time too.

http://www.centigrade-j.com/translations/g...thebackhorn.htm

---

Plz post more yelling/roaring/screaming songs. I'll post some hawt Archer fanart.

IPB Image
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ May 15 2006, 11:27 PM) [snapback]395942[/snapback]

QUOTE(Void @ May 15 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]395831[/snapback]

MOAR!

D:

Sorry. Here you go:

http://dev.phoenixnetworks.net/homes/guest...Of_The_Worm.mp3
Slashrose1010
What kind of music is Oxbow, exactly?... huh.gif

I liked the Swans song and Adremelech, though.
Carnal Malefactor
Oxbow is what I call 'swamp rock'... just the grimiest, ugliest, most depraved, foul-smelling stuff on the planet, but it's soooooo good!
JoshP1389
:/

Both guitars and rythym of the drums keeps me listening through the six minutes, but what annoys me are the vocals. I've been listening for the third time since the past two days and I still can't get used to it.

Got any more?
Slashrose1010
I liked the Red Sparowes song. I really don't have many instrumentals, but that one was nifty. I had also read about and seen Anata and have been meaning to listen to them. I like them. Saved me the trouble of song searching, gracias.
JoshP1389
Bumped for great justice.

The song is in my signature with the lyrics linked below it.

It's hard to understand the instrumentation and "stillness/silenceness" of it, but the lyrics are the most surreal view on society today that they've ever written, and that's why the Back Horn hold a place in my heart (I also love my signature too <3).

What's great about the song is their experimentation with reggae. The bass is moving as needed, and you have a whining harmonica playing the background. Plus, the emotion Yamada sings through the mic is perfect complete with a backup chorus singing distantly.

If you find the song boring I'll gladly replace it with a more upbeat single. I dunno, I guess you have to listen to the entire album and read the lyrics to enjoy and appreciate it.

Enjoy kiddies, and upload some more, K?
Fayth Prophecy
Josh-I loved the song^^ It was..different from what I listen to normally.
Carnal Malefactor
...and yet you never comment on the stuff I upload. hmph

dry.gif
JoshP1389
omg gomen ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I actually download the songs you upload. To tell you the truth, I don't know what to say, and I don't know what to hear for when listening. Plus, when I actually do comment, I try to respond more than "Oh! Hey! Great song! ^^."

Rapidshare an album plz.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Jun 16 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]412569[/snapback]
Rapidshare an album plz.

Atheist - Unquestionable Presence [1991] FTW!
JoshP1389
Bandwidth exceeded. Megaupload much?

D:
Carnal Malefactor
yah, yah, right here

I hate this site.

And another

Alchemist - Spiritech [1997]
Slashrose1010
Good stuff that be. Thanks. I like both bands. I had some Alchemist, but not the Spiritech album.

Now I have to figure out how to convert these into MP3 format...
JoshP1389
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BUJSWY6U

Also, Void, Atheist is some good stuff, especially with the random time signature changes, 16th note runs, and some jazz fills in the songs especially in Mother Man and Brains. Lyrics aren't half bad either.

Alchemist I'm not too hot on about them. Sure, they're more tame, but the fills seemed kinda unnecessary in some songs, like the Chinese Whisperer.
Slashrose1010
Since no one has posted here in forever... I thought I would just post a link. I just happened to stumble upon Daita (ex-Siam Shade guitarist). I am not really a fan of Siam Shade, but I like some of Daita's stuff since it is mellow and has a very intimate feel to it. Enjoy.

Daita - Ammersee
The RZA
not that anybody here really likes rap.......but i try once again, & this isnt a song bout money, weed, ice, & hoes. its called what i been thru

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J5ABKV2A
Slashrose1010
According to my sig and avy, I love rap biggrin.gif
The RZA
yea it wud appear that way, also tha quote in your sigg is hilarious
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Mahou_Alchemist @ Jul 29 2006, 04:11 PM) [snapback]427115[/snapback]

yea it wud appear that way, also tha quote in your sigg is hilarious

Could you please type like a human being? Everyone here knows you're capable of it, so do it.
The RZA
Ok I shall use proper grammer, to the best of my ability. Is this better Void(Bacon)???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.