Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Theory To The Beginnings Of Full Metal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Researcher
Plot Theory

1) The Creator created the Evil One and the Humans.

2) The Creator is ONE with the True Philosopher stone and is able to create things from nothing.

3) The Evil One is jealous of the Creator because the Evil One is inferior. The Evil One discovers/invents alchemy. Alchemy is a mockery to creation. It merely transmutes objects through the concept of equivalent trade.

4) The Evil One taught the Humans Alchemy and bind them to his CONTRACT, thereby corrupting the humans. The CONTRACT states that a "small tax" will be levied per transmutation as a token of "appreciation" for the Evil One.

5) The Evil One told them that with Alchemy, they will be as powerful as the Creator himself and therefore will no longer need to obey the Creator.

6) The Evil One and Humans declare war upon the Creator.

7) The Creator passed his judgement, created The Gate and sealed the Evil One into the Gate. War Ends.

8) However the Gate can be weakened through Alchemy. The Creator expels the Humans from the Heavens and goes into a Catatonic State due to over exertion of power and depression.

9) The Humans continue to practice Alchemy on Earth without opposition. With the CONTRACT still valid, the Evil One is able to weaken the Gate by making small openings.

10) The Evil One acts as a strong magnet to all Human Sinners. The Evil One deceives the later generations of Humans into thinking that the Gate of Hell is the Gate of Truth by tempting them with the forbidden knowledge.

11) With each Human Transmutation performed, The Evil One is able to transmute a mockery of creation, a false image of humans, a being without a soul -> Homunculus.

12) The Evil One influences the most powerful Alchemist in history, Hohenheim, to assist him to create a 2nd Philosopher Stone and and orders the Homunculus to take orders from Hohenheim. Hohenheim is granted Immortality in return.

13) The Evil One requires a replicate of the Philosopher Stone to escape the confinements of the Gate.

14) Through Hohenheim's assistance, the Evil One is able to project his essense out from the Gate and possesses Humans.

15) However, the Evil One is unable to maintain the physical well being of the host because of his Fiery Nature.

16) Dante serves as the Host for the Evil One through a long period of time. ( Now Lyla is the new Host ).

17) Hohenheim comes to Rizenbul. He grows tired of his existence. He falls in love with Edward and Alphonse's Mum and abandons his plan.

18) Happiness is short lived and he has to escape in order to safeguard the safety of his family.

19) The Evil One(Dante) is unhappy.

20) Although the replica Philosopher Stone will not be as powerful as the original one, (60,000 to 120,000 human bodies and souls don't make up the whole Universe), it should grant him enough destructive power to break down the Gates.

21) The Original Philosopher Stone is Colourless. The Replica Philosopher Stone is Red because it is a mockery of the Original, corrupted by sins and filled with the endless blood shed by humans.

22) The replica Philosopher Stone will be used as a powerful catalyst and amplifier to DECOMPOSE the entire UNIVERSE.
junkydave
hey i like the theory and all but where the hell did you get have the information to all that or did u make that all up wink.gif
Highly imaginative and well thought out theory smile.gif Good read.

Whether it will pan out to be as same as the anime or manga (of course manga has no Dante or Lyra), will be another issue.
Virtue
WHERE did people get this idea of an evil one? Because...

Dante is the Evil one :-/
Flamel
When i read these information, somehow i feel like it was taken from the last book of the bible, the Book Of Revelation.
Vael
Well, it IS obviously modeled after Christianity, but with FMA tweaks. Very creative. I like it.
NINDOX
I don't want to sound rude or anything, but can you quit pumping FMA with Christian themes. I know is based loosely on some Christian beliefs, but is kind of getting annoying (no offence), but there was no indication of Dante being evil. I know Lyra/Lyla comes outlooking like an antagonist in the new intro. Also, this "evil one" and this "creator" aren't definite characters. Possibly the evil one, but there is no proof of him being behind that gate.
Quistis88
I think these are excellent theories as well. Logical and precise, quite commendable. smile.gif
Master Fwiffo
Good theory, but I don't think its true, for the simple reason that there is no WAY they would be able to effectivly explain it in the remaning nine episodes.

Dante / Lyla being the evil one would come completly out of nowhere. and would take on heckofalot of explaning- and don't forget we have to wrap up the story as well!
Flamel
I agree wif NINDOX. FMA is an veri interesting anime itself. You shouldn't add other information which not true to the anime and cause mislead to readers. A friend of mine view the theory a while ago and his first reaction is "Is this guy trying to covert people?"
TrueAlchemist
Hey Researcher.
I know it is none of my business, but didn't you start similar thread ?

And, I think you think about FMA too much man.
It is anime nothing more nothing less. It is not x-file.

But, I must accept that you have a good theory, but your theory is a way too deep for anime.
Jonkos
Not bad at all. Loved your theory, even if I do not agree on every point, but I sure enjoyed reading it. smile.gif
Pat
I would not be surprised if Researcher's theory happens to be true. I guess I have to see episode 44 to see if it is valid (At least, it would explain why Hohenheim is more than a 100 years, same thing for Dante.)

Now concerning Dante, I might assume she was possessed after she "created" Greed (I am putting the word create between parentheses, because technically, she only wanted to revive someone.). It would be odd for the possessed Dante to attempt to revive someone. Also, we don't even know what is the relation between Dante and Greed other than the fact they knew each other. I think if the Evil One has possessed Dante, then it would make sense for Dante before being possessed to be stricken by grief. But then, what was Greed to her? And how would the Creator have the Philosopher's Stone in its possession? And more importantly, who are they? What is it that they want?

Well, it reminds me of the Genesis. Nice theory. But I say let's wait for the final episode and the movie to explain everything. huh.gif Or will we?
TrueAlchemist
There is another thread, which is started by Researcher few days ago.
Anyone who likes his theory should go and check that place out.

You will see many reactions from other fans.
So far Im still thinking Dant transmuted her soul into Lyra and Hohenheim haing done the same thing.
TrueAlchemist
Are you saying Dante moved her own soul from one body to another like Orochimaru?
And, Chop her old body in to two half.

I do not think so.
I think Dante was killed because someone staged her.
And silence her from telling Eric brothers about many secrets.

First suspect is Hohenheim Eric
Second suspect is Evil Dude living in hell
Third suspect is Lyla. Who knows?
She was bad ass 3rd rate alchemist from the beginning.
Azrael
I like Researcher's theory; it was quite elaborate.
odoridan
Wow, nice theory. Very detailed.

My first beef about Dante = Evil One is this. Dante says "I would like people who want to be happy have their efforts rewarded." and "A person can only create the same amount of hapiness as they put into it.". That doesn't sound like an ultimate evil to me. Although, I do think Dante is that person controlling the homonculus, her speeches just don't fit.

Secondly, about the religiousness (and people's complaints about it): There is lots of religious stuff in FMA (Ishbala, the gate = hell according to Izumi, Ed's tirade about alchemists and God, etc...), so it makes sense there would be some strange religious things happening near the end. But I doubt it's going to involve stuff like a god or devil like person showing up.

My only suggestion would be that Ishbala would be an excellent fit as the creator since Ishbala is against alchemy. And it seems the sins have something against the Ishbalites. Maybe they are trying to wipe out the followers of the creator.
Kodachrome
If Dante switches bodies, like you say, a lot and does this to live longer, then how does Greed recognizer her after 140+ yrs while sitting on a (shady) tree outside of her house far away from where she actually is - not to mention there's a glass window (with white framwork I believe) and a door half-way open, and possibly a desk of some sort in the way?
RolfKaese
again i dont go with this theories. its fma and not neon genesis evangelion. nobody would understand these things i gues...
I often wonder why people take Dante's 'altrustic' speeches at face value. Sure they sound nice and all, but with the little forebodings here and there plus the fact that Izumi does not fully trust her (you wonder why she sent her students there then), it means that there is more to Dante than meets the eye ("hear the ears"). Dante = evil, I tell ya...
Psycojester
Yes.... what could possibly be more evil than an old alchemist woman living in a house in a forest?
I'd have to agree that i'm getting sick of people dressing full metal alchemist up as "i can believe its not christianity" I'd personally be very happy if people would stop with the whole "Dante stole Lyra's body" theory, is there any basis for this other than random speculation on this site?
But i'd agree that there is definatley something evil in the gate, i think we can take this as read but until more is explained lets just consider it a plot device.
Master Fwiffo
QUOTE(Psycojester @ Aug 6 2004, 01:21 PM)
Yes.... what could possibly be more evil than an old alchemist woman living in a house in a forest?
I'd have to agree that i'm getting sick of people dressing full metal alchemist up as "i can believe its not christianity" I'd personally be very happy if people would stop with the whole "Dante stole Lyra's body" theory, is there any basis for this other than random speculation on this site?
But i'd agree that there is definatley something evil in the gate, i think we can take this as read but until more is explained lets just consider it a plot device.

Will people stop with the OMG CHRISTIANITY! NO PLACE HERE! crap?

FMA is deeply laced with Christian symbolism and imagery- its one of the reasons I'm fond of the series. This is NOT uncommon in anime (re: Eva (for better or worst.... mostly worst) Trigun, and others that I'm too tired to remember right now). It's there, and many of these 'christian theories' you keep griping about would EASILY fit in witht the tone of this anime.

Just because it has christian roots, doesn't mean it's bad.

That said, I don't think many of these theories will happen, but theres NOTHING BAD ABOUT IT if it did!
Flamel
I don think the "christian theories" are there, rather i believe it's the good vs evil.
TrueAlchemist
I am with RolfKaese.
Researcher
My Theory won't be proven until the FMA MOVIE. The series will be left at a Cliff Hanger...
TrueAlchemist
Hey, you are back Researcher.
I see.

It will not take too much time.
I think we will see and be able to compare just from the anime series.

I am not absolutly against your idea.
It is good idea.

Hopefully, it does not end up like Evangelion.
Something that no one expect.
Researcher
I think the creator of Evangelion is in some Japanese Asylum now.
Trying to interpret the "Revelation" wasn't a wise thing to do.

Ep 44 and Ep 45 will shed light on the Grand Plot.
TrueAlchemist
I think he is still working in Anime business.
Using ideas from western culture is some weird japanese thing.

They also used Dead see scroll.
It was a simple old bible written in Jewish language.

And he used that as revelation and written info given by some special being.
What a weirdo.

I am downloading ep 44, and I cannot wait.
It will take at least a day to download.
I am so sad.
Creator of Evangelion???

You mean the director right? Anno is not in any asylum. He's currently now directing the Cutie Honey Remake for Gainax.
Flamel
there is a real live version of evangelion movie comin out right? it's being rumoured in the net.
Researcher
The strongest the power of an alchemist, the longer the body can hold the EVIL entity.

The EVIL entity causes the Human body to "rust".
TrueAlchemist
Maybe,
But, Flamel, it should not be so good to watch.
SergeDuran
QUOTE(TrueAlchemist @ Aug 5 2004, 09:30 PM)
Hey Researcher.

It is anime nothing more nothing less.  It is not x-file.

But, I must accept that you have a good theory, but your theory is a way too deep for anime.

FMA is an anime, but the concepts are real, I would bet you have already done some research... FMA is based on history, alchemy is real, or at least it was, but we humans have traded that knowledge for something else.

I am not religious, but I've met some people who believe in trascendental magic and alchemy and I've heard things FMA explains even before FMA was conceived.

Just because it's an anime doesnt mean it's full of it.
deno
QUOTE(TrueAlchemist @ Aug 5 2004, 09:30 PM)
Hey Researcher.

It is anime nothing more nothing less.  It is not x-file.

You and he are in different views in animates...
Some people watch animates with brain, some without; but they all think it's fun, don't they?
deno
QUOTE(Flamel @ Aug 5 2004, 06:21 PM)
I agree wif NINDOX. FMA is an veri interesting anime itself. You shouldn't add other information which not true to the anime and cause mislead to readers. A friend of mine view the theory a while ago and his first reaction is "Is this guy trying to covert people?"

"misleading"?!
This is a forum, shouldn't we guess or talk about the plot?
Misleading? I thought his was just posting his theory and hence just an opinion. (looks to title) Yep it says theory, all right...
TrueAlchemist
Hey, SergeDuran
Did you meet people who bellieve in Alchemy and magic?
Hahaha, Are they in the middle school?
If not, they are either jobless or without higher education.
There are no such thing as alchemy.
Present time, we call it "Chemistry".

Deno, are you saying, I am brainless? Hahahaha
Maybe, now I am busy with LSAT and MCAT exam.
I do not know you are in middle school or high school, but if you want to attend a good college in U.S.
You should start watching anime without brain.
It will help your life.
hahahaha

One more thing, I respect, Researcher's work in this forum.
I really do.
But, I said, what I wanted to say.
I still think that he went too deep with his idea.
But, his theory works so far.

I never heard anything from Researcher about my objection.
Except from two newbies.
Researcher, if you want to repute my words, you are welcomed to do anytime.
Funny thing is I never object his idea.
hahahaha
deno
QUOTE(TrueAlchemist @ Aug 9 2004, 05:09 AM)
Deno, are you saying, I am brainless? Hahahaha
Maybe, now I am busy with LSAT and MCAT exam.
I do not know you are in middle school or high school, but if you want to attend a good college in U.S.
You should start watching anime without brain.
It will help your life.
hahahaha

In fact, I don't watch animates with brain too. tongue.gif
But it does not mean I don't have brain~ cool.gif
TrueAlchemist
Deno
You should not disrespect other people's opinion.
Rememeber this is forum.
You can reput other's idea with your own opinion if you wish,
But you should not object others' opinion without proper Justification.
That was my major point that I did not say last time.
deno
QUOTE(TrueAlchemist @ Aug 9 2004, 09:23 PM)
Deno
You should not disrespect other people's opinion.
Rememeber this is forum.
You can reput other's idea with your own opinion if you wish,
But you should not object others' opinion without proper Justification.
That was my major point that I did not say last time.

I wonder...where did I show disrespect to other people's opinions?

How did these offend you?
"misleading"?!
This is a forum, shouldn't we guess or talk about the plot?

You and he are in different views in animates...
Some people watch animates with brain, some without; but they all think it's fun, don't they?

(You posted: "are you saying, I am brainless?")
I posted:
In fact, I don't watch animates with brain too.
But it does not mean I don't have brain~

If they affronted you, then I am truly sorry.
I apologize for my rudeness to you.
And I will not reply your messages from now on.
Zechin
stop chucking sooks.
this is just a MOFO THEORY! WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO CHUCK FITS OVER A SMALL MATTER ALWAYS? and if you think im wrong well then go ahead. But the way you write your posts is proof enough that you are upset.
Haroken
Great theories, I enjoyed reading them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.