Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Voices for English dub
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
LightningAlchemist
QUOTE(BloodRedAlchemist @ Apr 8 2005, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE(LightningAlchemist @ Apr 8 2005, 09:14 PM)
QUOTE(BloodRedAlchemist @ Apr 8 2005, 08:10 PM)
QUOTE(LightningAlchemist @ Apr 8 2005, 09:01 PM)
QUOTE(BloodRedAlchemist @ Apr 8 2005, 07:54 PM)
I adore Ed's voice(Vic is amazing) I also love Al's voice. He is amazing for a 12 year old.
[snapback]148994[/snapback]

definitely but Al's voice is good but could be a little more mature he sounds like hes 8 sometimes dry.gif
[snapback]149002[/snapback]

he is a freaking 12 year old pat and he is emotional i mean how would u feel if u lost ur entire body and i have to remain in a suit of armor that u have no idea when your going to get out of it. plus i wouldn't talk i mean u sound like your 11 mr. i have no adam's apple.
[snapback]149013[/snapback]

Kerry, your a critisizing person how could you say that dry.gif

Dont talk to this person!!!! Shes EVIL!! And told me she likes to bite off rabbit head!!!

anyway maybe he just hasnt reached puberty blink.gif
[snapback]149019[/snapback]

Don't listen to Pat he doesn't know what he is talking about. Pat you haven't even reached puberty yet and your 14. tongue.gif laugh.gif
[snapback]149030[/snapback]

You have? I didnt notice dry.gif

Your the one whose going to be hung for doing witchcraft and thats because your a sick sick little moo cow!!! laugh.gif

Im laughing at you right now!! Hhahahahahahahah!!!!!
AlphonseRules
I think Al just sounds a little young cause he's always being nice. The only time I remember him being really angry was after Ed was going to let Scar kill him and then Al punched Ed in the face. When he was yelling at Ed like that he had a deeper tone to his voice. Does a 12 year old really sound all that different from an 8 year old anyway?
ymsg
Vic... good gosh he's amazing. I love the emotion that he puts in. There was an interview with him in Anime Insider.
Luckyalchemy27
I love Ed's voice! Al's voice just makes me think "Cuuute!" Scar's voice is pretty cool. Everyone seems to hate Roy's voice but I like that, too. And, for some very odd reason, I like Greed's voice. Barry the Chopper's voice is also good. I like his maniacal laughter. It is a very good crazy person voice.
LILYCHANG8
I had to admit, ed's voice is kinda sexy. ph34r.gif
Fiftysigns
Well, I love all the FUNi dubs, so I'm kind of biased. tongue.gif But I watched episode 22 last night, and holy crap, my love for Ed went through the roof. When Lust brings Al into the room, he gives this heart crushing "Al?!". I about started bawling.

I also love Al's voice. Whenever I hear him, I feel a sense of sadness because he's this sweet little boy in a big metal body. For a 12 year old, I'd say he's perfect.

Ahh, Roy. Love his Japanese, but his English is great. I don't know what it is, but I just love him.

Hughes! Oh my heck, Hughes is so great. Sonny Straight does the best job.

Nina... sad.gif Her voice is so cute, so it's really bitter-sweet. *still recovering from the shock of episode 7*

I really like Envy's voice. At first it sounded strange, but it's grown on me.

I love watching anime in Japanese, but sometimes it's nice to watch a well dubbed anime. It's nice to hear such a great show in english, so you can enjoy it with out reading subtitles. tongue.gif
sakura_alchemist66
I love Mustang's (Travis Willingham). It just really seems to fit him. Travis is also a really handsome person. But, that's just my opinion.
Guest_FMA_Gurl_*
I think Eds voice is awsome.Vic did an awsome job with it

QUOTE(Kast @ Feb 14 2005, 03:20 PM)
Ed's and Al's voices really stick out in my mind. In my opinion that was perfect voice casting.
[snapback]113702[/snapback]

I hate Ed's voice in the Jap. version, it sounds more like a girl with a deep voice to me. Al's voice sounds the same, in both languages, but it doesn't change as he grows older...Roy and Hughes are good too.
_alchemist
Al's voice actor is amazing! he certainly brings Al to life and, IMHO don't flame me, that the english dub actor makes a better Al than Rie Kugimiya. I don't know, it's probably his attitude and vibe that he gives off when he's speaking as Al that lures me into just ADORING his voice.
blackasknight90
i hate almost evry voice besides scar and lois armostong evryelse's voice is horrible and doesnt like like the japanese voices
ymsg
*gasps* you don't like Vic Minouga? (sp?) (j/k lol)
Hoice
I'm fine with everyone's voice. And I'm gonna be a cartoon voice actor... My dream. So when I do, would you like my voice? hehe
ymsg
Heh cool. ^^ *that'd be fun!*
Mustang's Apprentice
Scar's, Edward's, and Winry's

Hughes' voice really fits his character, though
ymsg
Yeah, I love Hughes's voice. It's tone can be serious, funny, and loving; he's an all around great character and the voice sets the part perfectly.
Tokyo Gamer
I like most of the voices especially Ed's and Scar's, the voices really suit the characters.
ColdFire
QUOTE(ymsg @ Apr 22 2005, 04:38 AM)
Yeah, I love Hughes's voice. It's tone can be serious, funny, and loving; he's an all around great character and the voice sets the part perfectly.
[snapback]158435[/snapback]

Agreed. It just fits exactly with what ever situation he's in.
fmaedfan
I like ed, scar, and mustange
Hawkeyes counterpart
Al's voice is great, it fits his character and actions very well happy.gif
Dystopian Rhetoric
I enjoy the voice acting on the whole, and prefer it to the Japanese version in all honesty (I am not trying to open the floodgates for the sub/dub argument again here, it has been done to death, just expressing an opinion).
ymsg
I really do prefer Vic over the lady who does Ed's voice in Japan lol.
Martel
Honestly I love Al's. Just that one scene is Ishbal Massacre where Scar makes that deal with Ed that he wouldn't harm Al and you hear Al yelling, "We're all we've got brother! WE'RE ALL WE'VE GOT!" I was nearly crying! It was 1 in the morning and I just yelled I LOVE AL's VOICE ACTOR!
Miss Sakura Flaherty
I like Al's voice, it's so cute! And Ed's. Also Envy's! Anyone like Envy's? It sounds . . . er different, but cool. I don't know, I just like to hear his voice^^
TheVileOne
I enjoy Envy's voice. Lust's English voice is great too IMHO. Its so hot and evil smile.gif .
AlphonseRules
Gluttony's voice is one of my most hated voices. Sometimes it sounds like he is Irish or something. It's more comical than evil, which is a bad thing.
ymsg
Ugh I know!! Shivers down the spine; he's icky, lol.
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Apr 24 2005, 08:36 PM)
Gluttony's voice is one of my most hated voices.  Sometimes it sounds like he is Irish or something.  It's more comical than evil, which is a bad thing.
[snapback]160366[/snapback]

In the original, he didn't sound evil at all...simply sounded like a child. I mean, even I can do an imatation of him
Hahaha! Thats awsome! I like the way Gluttony sounds in the US rather than Japan. But Envy's voice in Japan in awsome! Cause he auctually sounds like a guy... It took me awhile when I was watching in on Cartoon Network to finally figure out if he was a guy or girl... cause I mean the man wears a skirt give me a break!
Martel
^ that was me btw lol
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Ed's voice is definately my favorite in the dubbed version. I also liked Lust's voice better for what ever reason. I though Al's voice was good in both, but i havn't really seen enough of the english episodes to say anything about the other characters voices. lol I do know with out a doubt that I liked Envy's voice much more in Japanese then in English-in Japanese it doesn't take as long to figure out if he's a cross dresser or a girl. LOL laugh.gif
ymsg
*coughs* crossdresser! XD
Martel
I think that Envy secretly wants people to think he's a woman tehehehe biggrin.gif
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(ymsg @ May 13 2005, 03:35 PM)
*coughs* crossdresser! XD
[snapback]171849[/snapback]

LOL And a damn good cross dresser too! tongue.gif The only reason I could tell fairly quickly that he wasn't a guy was that his features were more masculine. LOL But his girly voice and cross dressing mastery really threw me off, and I was begining to wonder if he was really a girl, until the other characters began to call him a guy. LOL XD Martel! Your probably right! Lmao laugh.gif
fullmetal_alchemist_fan_girl
[FONT=Courier]
i like all there voices even al becuase he is so cute lol and i like ed's too
pretty much everyones biggrin.gif
Martel
And I SWEAR TO GOD that Greed called Envy a bitch in the manga. That threw me off sooo bad... cause I definately thought this girl was a guy at my school for the longest time until her friends were joking around and calling her a bitch *cough* yeah that sucked...
ymsg
Omg, I know. But we call him a bitch all the time cause HE'S SO DAMN FULL OF IT!
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(Martel @ May 15 2005, 12:30 AM)
And I SWEAR TO GOD that Greed called Envy a bitch in the manga.  That threw me off sooo bad... cause I definately thought this girl was a guy at my school for the longest time until her friends were joking around and calling her a bitch *cough*  yeah that sucked...
[snapback]172641[/snapback]

I know what you mean. wink.gif That was pretty confusing... Greed did call Envy a bitch in the manga. That threw me off breifly too. At that point, I was like "what in the bloody hell! make up your mind!" dry.gif Lol. Ysmg Lol yeah... Envy's got to be on of the biggest pain in the ass characters I've seen in a long time. laugh.gif

IPB Image
Lust and Envy
Envy is really weird but so is Wrath, theyre both crossdressers. My fav voice would be Lust and Sloth.
Martel
Lol Envy is a little bitch! He is so full of himself! Like in episode 22 he was just whacking the crap out of Ed while I sit there fumming and strangling the air. He would be such an awesome character (even though he's a cocky little bitch) if he hadn't have killed Hughes
ymsg
[spoiler] for what he does to Ed later, I can never forgive him, let alone what he did to Maes. [/spoiler]

>_> I hate him. The End. lol.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(ymsg @ May 16 2005, 04:57 PM)
[spoiler] for what he does to Ed later, I can never forgive him, let alone what he did to Maes. [/spoiler]

>_> I hate him. The End. lol.
[snapback]173533[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more! I'm still pretty emotional about that... [spoiler] watching god damned Envy kill Ed with that bloody god forsaken smirk on his evil little face really really pissed me off. poor Edward... lieing in a pool of his own blood...[/spoiler] And then of coarse there's poor Hughes, who he shot through the heart while he had taken the form of Hughes wife.... Envy's such a nasty little @#%&#*~! what a damn little cross-dressing, form-stealing, palm tree! LOL He's such a good villian. rolleyes.gif
Martel
Yeah I came across a picture of said spoilers mentioned above and then I went to Tae Kwon Do... yeah thay pad had the stuffing coming out of it... I was soooo pissed. DAMN YOU TO HELL ENVY! ::shakes fist at sky::
ymsg
*fumes* He's just one more little pain in the ass to send the rest of my day to hell. *having bad day*

Beat the crap outta those pads, Martel!
Jaci
I think Alphonse and Ed have pretty good voice actors. ^__^ They sound like the Japanese ones a lot! I think Ed has a really nice voice that suits his personality and Alphonse has the cutest voice ever!! biggrin.gif I liked Maes' voice a lot too..

I HATE Envy's voice.. it's weird. >_<
ymsg
It's a girl named Wendy. Muahahahha.
lonewolf100
i've only seen some of the dubed series and i like ed and al's voice. tucker's voice sounds familair, who does his voice?
lonewolf100
hello everyone. now i'm not a guest anymore. bye. STAR WARS RULESS!!! sorry had to get that out.
ymsg
Congrats on membership. And yes, Starwars rocks.

Back on point: Chuck Huber voices Shou Tucker for the dub.

And someone comes up to me today, saying, "Hey, Rae, guess what! I just saw this character online, and maybe you could draw him for me?" I'm like, yeah sure whatever... so, they hand me a sheet of paper, and it's ENVY. I was like... sure... I'll draw him, decapatated and bleeding, charcoaled and torched. They were like, "uh... nevermind."
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(ymsg @ May 19 2005, 02:50 PM)
Congrats on membership. And yes, Starwars rocks.

Back on point: Chuck Huber voices Shou Tucker for the dub.

And someone comes up to  me today, saying, "Hey, Rae, guess what! I just saw this character online, and maybe you could draw him for me?" I'm like, yeah sure whatever... so, they hand me a sheet of paper, and it's ENVY. I was like... sure... I'll draw him, decapatated and bleeding, charcoaled and torched. They were like, "uh... nevermind."
[snapback]175356[/snapback]

ROFL laugh.gif!!! OMG, I nearly died laughing when I read your post just now. You've got to be kiding!! That's to damn hilarious!! *still laughing* i don't think I could draw a "normal" pic of Envy at present even if I tried... I'm still to pissed. LOL By the way Ysmg, I absolutely love your new sig and avatar! There really cool! tongue.gif

To lonewolf100: Congrats and see you around! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.