Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Voices for English dub
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Radical Alchemist
I like Scar's voice because it doesn't make him sound like, "OMGS EVILE SERIAL KILLER!!111" It's very real and low key and captures his mood.
ymsg
Yeah, I have to agree with that. That's true about Scar.. he's got a good VA
Martel
::hears Scar's name and cries;: WHY!?!?! ::sniffles::
ymsg
*doesn't care about Scar* >_> he killed Nina.
Jen_Elric
Russel was voiced by none other than Justin Cook! I love justin, cuz he also voiced Hatsuharu Sohma from Fruits Basket. And Scar is done by Daemeon (sp?) Clarke, who voiced Kazuma Sohma. I know, I'm always referencing from Fruits Basket, but that's because I also love that anime. Another great anime dubbed by FUNi.
yeah, Scar also almost killed Ed. *snif* Bastard
Radical Alchemist
QUOTE(Martel @ Jun 24 2005, 01:11 PM)
::hears Scar's name and cries;: WHY!?!?!  ::sniffles::
[snapback]198806[/snapback]

I'm sure he wouldn't have if he had known it was a little girl. Besides, apparently it was in a lot of pain. I think that was a nice thing he did in my opinion.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Jen_Elric: omg those two voiced characters from the fruits basket Anime!? (Clueless, as usual) No way! laugh.gif

Radical Alchemist: I have to agree with you about Scar's voice. It fits him like a glove. I actually some what agree about poor Nina. I really blame Tucker for her death more than Scar. In a way, killing her was the compassionate thing to do. I doubt they could have ever restored her. And it's almost if she came to him, wanting to die, in a way. I don't know, maybe I'm just off my rocker today. lol laugh.gif
Orange_Clover
I'm going to be a dork and stick with Ed's voice, I love it, especially when he's yelling about when people call him small. I liked that they kept Al's voice young, and the voice really does suit the character.
Alphonse Alchemist
Don't really care about how the voices suit the people but hey. Al's voice really suits the body of armor he gets stuck in and his human body as well as does Ed with his own.
~FMAgurl~
Though I don't like Armstrong too much, I think his voice fits him well. Scar's voice is good too.
Jen_Elric
Whenever I watch an anime that was dubbed by FUNi, I watch the ending credits to see who does the voices. Oh, and I have a pretty good audio memory. happy.gif
Martel
I agree with Radical about putting poor Nina and Alexander out of their misery... but that wasn't why I was crying about Scar ::more sniffles::

The only voices that I don't like are Envy's and Gluttony's... then again I just really don't like either of them so thats probably why I've come to hate their voices...
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Martel: Probably. lol I really don't like Envy's dubbed voice at all. He sounds way to much like a woman. Gluttony's dubbed voice just does not work for his character. Why were you crying about Scar?

Jen_Elric: That's awesome. Actually, I'm a bit like that too. That was the only way I passed my final exam in biology. lol I could clearly remember every thing my teacher said. lol As for what I had read ... heh heh... that completely slipped my mind. All I could remember was my teachers voice. laugh.gif
Martel
::laughs at Envy the woman::
Gluttony voice is just freaky lol. I hate that freaky little raspy sound and such. But the reason I was crying about Scar was because of that spoiler I aksed about awhile back... I <3 Scar!
BellatrixAngelofKyo
*Hands Martel some tissues* I know what you mean about Gluttony. that whole raspy thing just sounds wrong for his character. I understand what you mean about Scar... sorry, I didn't catch what you meant at first.
Rusty the thunder alchemist
Gluttony's voice is not suited for him. apart from him and Envy's, I like them all. I think Hughes voice is the best suited
ymsg
Oh yes. Sonny Straight, I believe, suits our beloved Maes like a glove.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
I couldn't agree with you more, Ymsg. Sonny was born to play Hughes. lol laugh.gif
ymsg
For which I love him. If I ever meet him, I'll hug him, ask for a picture with him, and CRY!
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Ditto! lol If I ever get to meet Vic, I swear I'm going to pass out cold! lol I love his voice! laugh.gif
ymsg
Oh, he was amazing to meet. Sweetest guy. Got an autograph and my picture with him, and it was amazing hearing my name said in Ed's voice, "Hi, Rae" I nearly fainted...
BellatrixAngelofKyo
I know I would have. lol laugh.gif Next time I see that Vic's going to be at another CON, I swear on my FMA fandom that I'm going to go - even if I have to go to Alaska! biggrin.gif I wish, any way.
ymsg
Cometo the orlando one!
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(ymsg @ Jun 29 2005, 07:01 PM)
Cometo the orlando one!
[snapback]202290[/snapback]

I'm going to try my best! Do you know how much this one is to get in? I forgot to check! laugh.gif I'm hell bent on coming this time! biggrin.gif
ymsg
I haven't checked either *does so* it hasn't been updated yet, so no idea.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Thanks for looking, Ymsg. smile.gif Was it just me, or was Armstrongs voice really wierd in the dubbed version? huh.gif
vegita625
QUOTE(BellatrixAngelofKyo @ Jun 29 2005, 07:00 PM)
Thanks for looking, Ymsg. smile.gif Was it just me, or was Armstrongs voice really wierd in the dubbed version? huh.gif
[snapback]202436[/snapback]

It's done by the same guy who does Piccolo's voice in the DBZ series among other famous voices (can't remember them off the top of my head, but I know he's done some important ones). If you consider it wierd, then alright, although the guy's good at voice acting (emotions and such) and both the voice and the ability to be emotional definately work for Armstrong lol.
ymsg
I loved Armstrong's dub. So good. V. Well done.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Really? It's just me then. lol I think I've become to accustomed to the Japanese voice actor. laugh.gif
Martel
::dies:: OH MY GOD! Vic Mignona said your name in Ed's voice?! LMAO! That would be so awesome to hear! Armstrong's voice acrot alsto does the voice for Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho
ymsg
YES HE DID! I just kinda stared at him and said: t-t-t-thank you Ed.. erm Vic. He laughed and like hugged me.. I nearly died...
Automne
Excuse me if this is off topic but, how does Envy voice sound?
I didn't hear his english voice since I am french! I heard it was awful, can someone describe it for me please?
ymsg
His voice is so female... ugh...
Automne
His voice is so female... ugh...

Ooh, really ^-^! Does it sound so very female? does it sound young, old? More details please?
ymsg
Young. Teenager ish. Like, he sounded like a guy but more girly than anything (A woman does his dub VA)
Martel
Gaaaaaah Envy sounds like such a woman! When I first heard him he was like "I don't care what you do with them Lust." And I kept thinking it WAS a girl... cause I mean the man wears a miniskirt and sounds like a woman AND in the manga Greed calls him a bitch *snickers* He does sound like maybe an 18-20 year old woman, with a really pretty deep voice laugh.gif
Automne
Okie-doki, thankie! biggrin.gif
Martel
Hey SinLuxuria where'd you find those pictures? Hate to say it but they're cute!
Automne
Thanks Martel biggrin.gif I found it on a japanese site, here is the link: http://pauro2.nobody.jp/
Martel
Whoota! Thanks Luxuria! biggrin.gif
ymsg
"Cute?" Martel, are you okay? *feels your forehead* XD
Martel
::bangs head on desk:: Ok, so I'm starting to become.... rather attached to Envy... ::hides::
~FMAgurl~
Attached? mellow.gif To Envy? THAT MURDERER! You wouldn't by chance mean that you're attracted to him...are you? I'm just one of those people that hate Envy is all rolleyes.gif
BellatrixAngelofKyo
*Calls 911* OMG! It's an emergency!! Martel is suffering from Envy Attachment! Get a doctor hear right away!! J/K J/K laugh.gif What do you find attractive about the palm tree man, Martel?
Martel
Gods people get your mind out of the gutter! Not attracted to him in THAT way! I've just started to like his character a bit more... Not by much! But, he has become my favorite hommonculus... sadly enough... shows how much I love the rest of them dry.gif
ymsg
Ohh Martel.. I don't know what to say, or do or... *runs away*
Automne
Oh Martel, Like ymsq I don't know what to say, but I'm so... biggrin.gif ! And yes it shows how much you like all the other homunculus! laugh.gif
Martel
And besides seeing Envy and Ed together and NOT trying to beat the crap out of eachother is fun lol... besides those pictures didn't look like fan art, I thought they were like one of those group photos floating around and just wanted to check lol ::runs after ymsg:: sis! come back!
rhoda_lin
did you guys hear what travis (roy's voice actor) and vic (ed's voice actor) said at the Anime Next convention? they were like ed likes girls.. and in the corner i think i heard travis say "and so does mustang." btw... vic doesnt fake ed's voice. you know how some people has this fake voice when voice acting, well vic doesnt do that. i talked to him [staff at the convention] and he sounded just like ed but a bit more enthusiastic (sp?) when voice acting ed. but other than that.. he sounds just like him... sorry this might see a bit out of place cuz everyone is talking about envy and ed.
Azura Elric
Erm sure rhoda I have to agree with you on that. *has met Vic at Metrocon*
Vic is such an awesome guy! 8D He's such a sweety ^^

Anyway, if Envy were to be nice to Ed and Al, I think I'd be in heaven. ^.^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.