Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Voices for English dub
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
ymsg
Thanks; I worked on the av and sig quite hard. ^.^ and yeah, they were like, "okay, uh... bye Rae *runs*" I was so pissed they'd even ASK me to draw Envy. ENVY. Me, try to make that bitch look good?!

Yeah, no.
Mustang's Apprentice
I like Ed's voice the best, it fits his arrogant personality, and Riza's voice sounds sexy!!
ymsg
I know, I love Vic. He's so amazing.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
To Ysmg: It looks totally awesome, so your hard work definately paid off! biggrin.gif I know what you mean! the only way I could draw that damn Envy at present, is DEAD like he bloody freakin should be! Lol At the moment, the only way I like Envy is Toasted, Charred Black, Sliced and Smothered with ashes, and very, Very well done (as in cooked). Lmao I would freak out too if some one asked me to draw him... especially since I'm off on an anti-Envy crusade. laugh.gif

To Mustang's Apprentice: Yeah, I agree. tongue.gif I really like Edward's voice too. i think it fits him very well! They did an extraordanarily good job when they picked the voice actors, especially when you compair Fullmetal to alot of other Anime out there- Especially some of the dubs! My god, some of those are down right scarry! Lol happy.gif
ymsg
Bellatrix- Frigg, ditto. I can't even look at him without imagining him screaming and bleeding. What a lovely picture.
Sacred Wolf
Hey yeah I totally love Ed's voice. I'm a Vic Mignoga (sp?) fan so I love Ed. Al's voice is soo cute too though.
Martel
QUOTE(ymsg @ May 19 2005, 12:50 PM)
Congrats on membership. And yes, Starwars rocks.

Back on point: Chuck Huber voices Shou Tucker for the dub.

And someone comes up to  me today, saying, "Hey, Rae, guess what! I just saw this character online, and maybe you could draw him for me?" I'm like, yeah sure whatever... so, they hand me a sheet of paper, and it's ENVY. I was like... sure... I'll draw him, decapatated and bleeding, charcoaled and torched. They were like, "uh... nevermind."
[snapback]175356[/snapback]

WARNING: Never ask Rae to draw Envy. Ever. Lol! That is so awesome! I'm gonna work on a funny pic of Envy when summer starts... in FOUR DAYS HELLS YEAH! Then I can get a job and then buy the FMA dvds to keep myself occupied till September. But OMG! I already told ymsg this but I thought it was fricken hilarious. The guy who does Armstrongs voice also does the voice for Kuwabara from Yu-Yu Hakusho! laugh.gif
ymsg
Yeah, omg, I got the biggest kick outta that one, Martel. XD. Haha, I'm already out of school.

I'm gonna draw Roy, standing over a pitiful, cowering-in-fear-bleeding-scorched Envy, begging for mercy. Then I'll make Roy snap and... byebye, bitch.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
To Martel: Omg!Lmao! are you serious!? That's to freaking hilarious! The guy who does Kwabara's voice also does Armstrong's voice in the dubbed version? Holy cats! LOL laugh.gif Too funny! Sounds like a good plan for summer! I'm going to attempt to get a summer job at a book store and buy as much anime and manga as I possibly can with out breaking my budget... not to mention all the art supplies I'm going need to buy as well.LOL wink.gif I think I'm going to rent anime online and watch all the anime i've been wanting to see over the past year. LOL ooo the prospect of being able to realax sounds so good!

To Ymsg: LOL Hell yes! Go for it! Lmao I bet that's gonna be one hell of a picture! biggrin.gif
Martel
Lol Bellatrix! Thats what I'm planning to do with my summer! I wanna get a job at my town anime store Marshaks and then like buy out the store with my paycheck! Whoot!

YEAH! You should so draw that ymsg and then we can all laugh at Envy!
ymsg
Will do! Well, currently I'm working on a pic with Havoc, Riza, Roy, Hughes and Armstrong. *hard* =_= Envy's next!
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Sounds like a good plan to me! LOL Do you ever post your art work, Ymsg? happy.gif

To Martel: Lol yeah. I might as well get a job in a book store because I'm always in them every time I get a chance. wink.gif It's virtualy impossible for me to leave a bookstore that sells Manga and Anime without buying at least two items, usually Graphic Novels. LOL And heaven forbid I go into a book store with out money! Omg then I just stay there until closing time and read all the manga they have in stock! LOL I love looking at all the different manga/ anime style out there- there's so many and there all so unique! wub.gif
Wow, i'm so bad. I think I'm going to take some Martial Arts durring the summer as well, along with some kick boxing if I have the time. I now I'm definately going to attempt to improve my art style, human anatomy/ movement. And make a short graphic novel for practice and to help me improve my skill. And I have to prep for my classes next year as well *sigh*... I almost forgot about that in my excitement about having some time off. LOL Well, just one more week and the craziness of summer will begin (for me any way). laugh.gif
ymsg
Bellatrix- Yeah, I do, all the time. It's in the Fanart section, but I am never visited there. =.=
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(ymsg @ May 22 2005, 01:20 PM)
Bellatrix- Yeah, I do, all the time. It's in the Fanart section, but I am never visited there. =.=
[snapback]177344[/snapback]

Are you serious!? sad.gif That's terrible! *marches off* I'm going to go search for it right now...
EDIT: I can't belive your thread is so deserted! Your fan art rocks!! How awesome! I can't believe I never noticed your thread before! I must be going blind!LOL biggrin.gif It shall be deserted no longer! wink.gif
Martel
To Bellatrix: I do that all the time! Just sit in Barns and Noble, pick up a pile of graphic novels and just read! As soon as I get my drivers liscense that'll be alot easier for me cause then I won't have a time limit!

To Rae: Your stuff is so awesome! I tried drawing Hughes once *shudders* yeah it wasn't pretty...
ymsg
Aww, come on I'm sure it's fine. And thanks for looking at the fanart. ^.^

Anyway, yeah, I just sit and read til someone asks me to move. "I need to look at the Inuyasha." "Oh, sorry! *scoots to other bookshelf"

I went to the store, complaining all the while about how there's no Fullmetal Alchemist manga, and there was a whole display right behind me. She didn't notice it either. So Dad points it out AS WE LEAVE. I about DIED.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that. laugh.gif

Ymsg: No prob! It was my pleasure! biggrin.gif
ymsg
happy.gif I'm thinking of drawing Alphonse next.
Martel
That would be so cool! Human Al or armour Al? I think drawing the armour would be really really hard. Wow I'm spelling armour like a Brit!
BellatrixAngelofKyo
I'm with Martel, Ymsg! That would be really awesome. You don't see a whole lot of Alphonse fan art, witch is rather sad. Witch version of Al are you planning on drawing? Which ever one you choose, I'm sure it'll be fantastic - like I said before, your art work rocks. laugh.gif
ymsg
Thank you, so much you guys, I appreciate it to every extent. Frankly, I've become metal obsessed. I love drawing automail, and I want to draw Al in the suit of Armour and his real body. I'm thinking of combining them into one picture.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
No problem Ymsg, It's all true. laugh.gif That sounds awesome! Your very good at drawing metal from what I've seen of your previous art work (the auto mail pic, that looked fab), and a combination pic would be really cool! Sounds great and I'm sure It'll look great too. biggrin.gif
Martel
Ooh man I think that drawing automail and armour would be sooo hard! I can draw bodies but thats about it. Faces and hair and eyes, yeah not so much... but your stuff is so awesome!
BellatrixAngelofKyo
To Martel: Yeah, I can't draw metal well at all... Bodies, faces, eyes and hair I don't usually have a problem with. Except for hands and noses... LOL I suck at doing both. laugh.gif
Martel
My God hands are such a pain in the ass! GAAH! Feet to... thats why I always have people wearing shoes... cause shoes rock laugh.gif
ymsg
I can't draw feet!! I finally mastered hands, at long long long last. I'm nearly finished with the picture of Alphonse. I got distracted with fanfic writing, so eh, lol. I drew the metal armour, and Al's head in the corner... I'll just scan it tomorrow or something. ^^
BellatrixAngelofKyo
LOL Martel, I know what you mean! Feet can be such a pain! I've got them down for the most part though... but it took me forever! But I still draw almost all my pics with shoes on... especially boots. tongue.gif

You do fan fic's, Ymsg? How cool! Do you have a thread? Honestly, I think I'm better at drawing then writing...Lol I hate having people read my fic... b/c they always seem so sappy and sucky. It's so damned embarrasing. Can't wait to see your alphonse pic! laugh.gif
ymsg
Yup, I have some fics. I have a link in the fanfic section, although I think it's on page 2 or three, cause I'm not reviewed much, lol. It's called Dream a Dream. *pms you the link*
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Thanks Ymsg. I'm checking it out right now. I'll tell you what I think of it. wink.gif
ymsg
thank you Bellatrix!! ^^
Martel
I've tried writing fanfics but I'm always afraid that I'll leave out a detail or get a detail wrong! I've such a stiffler for canon that it's not even funny lol!
ymsg
I worry about that all the time. I spelled Bloch's name wrong, or got a detail wrong; I just edit it and move on. Lol!
Martel
Lol thats my problem I spend too much time researching and trying to figure out what I did wrong than auctually writing my story! tongue.gif
ymsg
Lol aww, that sucks. I just loaded ch 5 to mine.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Yeah, I do that too Martel! I'm so terrible! Omg I do all this research, and by the time I'm done, I've forgotten what i wanted to write, either that, or I've talked myself out of writting it! LOL That's one of the biggest reasons why I usually write my own fic, b/c it's so hard being original and get the details right w/ fan fic's! dry.gif Wow Ymsg! I read your fan fic last night, and I was like "OMG! What happens friggin next!?LOL You did a great job laugh.gif It's really awesome so far! Can't wait to read your newest chapter. How did you come up with the idea behind your story?
ymsg
I just thought, I want to write about Edward. I want to make something, anything up, take what I know about him and make him react. So I put him to the biggest test I could think of; could he fix what he had broken and would emotion get in the way when it was all he had left to hold on to?

I wanted to create something... It's stupid, I know, lol.
Martel
Hey ymsg could I get a link to your story? I can't find it! ::is technologically challenged::
ymsg
Of course!! I'll send it to you now! ^^ beware, I typoed my own fic ;-;
BellatrixAngelofKyo
That's not stupid at all, Ymsg! You came up with a great idea!! LOL laugh.gif You'll enjoy it martel!! your new sig is so bloody freaking awesome, Martel. biggrin.gif How cool! That's a great picture of them all. I was actually looking at that pic last night, and admiring it on the web. LOL
ymsg
I said how much I loved it via pm, so you read my mind Bellatrix XD. Oh, I finished Alphonse btw.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
To Ymsg: LOL laugh.gif Your Alphonse pic is finished? That's awesome! *claps* Are you happy with it/ did it turn out the way you wanted it to? I'm sure it's wonderful! biggrin.gif Are you planing on posting it?
Fullmetal Fangirl
I just watched a clip on Broken Angel of when Ed Al and Armstrong are in a train and get attacked by these grunts wit guns...and then i realised

"WTF! ITS IN ENGLISH! GAH! *runs around room with hands in air screaming* but then i realised aswell

"Ed sounds like hes an 18 year old and Als is just a tad too young and Armstrong...er...well....anyways"

This is the VERY first time ive heard it in english...EVER...ide like to hear Riza and Roy but only a bit, cuz i might get get hooked on it...i hate that, so just now after seeing that clip i opened up and episode where Ed does some talkin, well quite a bit of talkin, to get his japanese voice in my head and pushed the english on out...

Ive never heard english ones, as i said before...they're....not bad...but...when they dub it...i feel...they chaneg the script quite a bit, since what Al says is a little off what he usually says, its like they've changed him into a new person!! *or suit of armor* and same with armstrong....hmm....sorry to the english fans who really love em
ymsg
Bellatrix- I'm not very happy with the way it turned out... I dunno. I just don't like it that much. Then again, the way it scanned made it suck. I just posted it in my fanart page now.
Martel
Thank you Bellatrix! I've always loved this picture lol! Oooh I wanna see Al ymsg!
ymsg
Oh, come on Martel, it sucks, lol.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
To Martel: Your welcome. laugh.gif

To Fullmetal Fangirl: Under most other cercumstances, I would readily agree with you about the dubbed versions of Anime, but in the case of Fullmetal, I think the English voice cast did a pretty damn good jod. I've watched all the FMA episodes in Japanese, and have seen a sum total of about 5 Episodes in English, and from what I heard, they where on par with the Japanese version. I'll even go as far as to say I like Ed's english voice better. LOL Roy's from what I remember was about the same, I don't recall ever hearing Riza's voice though. It's certainly worth watching both. wink.gif

To Ymsg: Really? What is it that you don't like about it? I looked at the pic and thought it wasn't bad at all! Lol yeah, Scanners can be a real pain in the ass some times... I hate when the mess up a pic. Speaking of scanners, I still need to replace my busted up old one. I have so many pic's I would love to post *sad sigh* ... And your pic really does not suck, Ymsg!
ymsg
...it's Al's eyes. x_x I always try so hard on the eyes. His are just there. Staring. Nothing's in them, no emotion. I hate that!! and he's all disproportional... >_>
Martel
::puppy eyes:: Pwease?? Can I see it?? I <3 Al loL!
Maes-Hughes
they all fit their own chars personality's fine there is no best
ymsg
Of course you can see it, Martel. It's in the fanart section under YMSG's fanart. Well, it said ysmg, cause Xrninja spelled it wrong, but that's okay, lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.