Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which fads/trends you can not stand?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2
Quistis88
NOTE: This is NOT "what's your pet peeve? " thread. Things you list here as the stuff you do not like should be what is considered as CURRENT TREND. If you'd like to talk about your pet peeves, then please post that on Pet Peeves thread. smile.gif

What are some fads/trends/popular opinions that you absolutely CANNOT stand? What is it about a particular fad/trend/opinion that you can't find appealing? This can be anything regarding movies, fashion, elections, games, etc., such as:

"Why does everyone think the newlyreleased!game is so good? I HATED IT."
"OMG, I HATE GUYS WHO WEAR PINK."
"WTF MAN toe-socks suck."

The above are not my opinions, but examples. Discuss.
- Wearing shirts that for some reason don't reach your pants
- Hair-dying, navel-piercing, tattoo-getting, etc
- Being a Democrat
- Buying anime-related merchandises
- Listening only to either mainstream/nonmainstream bands and then complaining about bands you've never even listened to
- Celebrity-worshiping
- Not liking to wake up early in the morning
Gassy's are hilarious.

- People who dye their hair black just to look "goth".
- People who cut themselves just to have scars to show off.
- Ones who complain about life when others have it much worse.
- Those shirts that have words on them like, "I dropped my gum in your boyfriend's mouth, can I get it back?"
Quistis88
No offense if any of these apply to you.

- People who wear clothes with those stupid stupid slogans, like the boyfriend one Ailuro mentioned.
- Those UGG boots. What's up with them? I swear, about 50% of the girls on campus wear those. I just . . . don't like them.
- The FCUK clothing brand. It's, like, signature Asian wear. The only people I've seen swearing these are Asians.
- People who claim they're suicidal just to get attention.
- Guys who wear their pants really really low.
- People who go swimming with their clothes on. You know, with the bathing suit underneath this large white shirt or something. WHY?
Gas
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Feb 14 2005, 09:53 AM)
- Those UGG boots.  What's up with them?  I swear, about 50% of the girls on campus wear those.  I just . . . don't like them.

I'm not sure what exactly UGG boots are, but if they're the brown, cottonish boots, I know what you're talking about. Actually, I've seen some guys wear them as well.

Which reminds me:
- Those short skirts which for the life of me I can't describe/name that everyone seems to be wearing

- People who claim they're suicidal just to get attention.

Give them the knife. It's my parents' advice.

- Guys who wear their pants really really low.

Poke on them and run and laugh when they can't run after you.
Slashrose1010
-Live Strong bracelets for looks not charity
-Jerseys (girls) to look cute but don't watch football
-Reality TV, Game shows, shows about girls with high moral standards that are outspoken and active in their beleifs (Just Shoot Me, the one with that chubby fashion chick [old show], and Ally Mcbeal)
-Yo Yo's (in grade school... with ine at least XD)
- Trading card games that people lose interest in after a week (I still have my Yugioh and Magic the Gathering cards)

^Notice how mine are all material and media things XD (Am I shallow? Maybe just a little)
Quistis88
QUOTE(Gas @ Feb 14 2005, 02:07 PM)
I'm lost. This is not the Pet Peeves Thread. huh.gif
[snapback]113630[/snapback]

No, though there are similarities. This is supposed to be more concentrated on the things that are "popular" nowadays that we don't like.

UGG Boots

They should be called UGLY boots.

Mini-skirts annoy me, too. Especially people who wear them in freezing weather. I hope they lose their legs. It's just so . . . irrational.

And fat girls who dress at least 5 sizes too small. The more chubby girls who wear more modest and slightly baggy clothing look "more sexy" than the ones who squeeze themselves into shirts and jeans that are way too small. Not that I look at women like that, but I'm just saying.
Slashrose1010
@Edsgirl: Ummm... Ruffled skirts? huh.gif I've never seen girls at my school wear them, but theymight at yours biggrin.gif

@X and Zidane: I don't mind if guys wear pink. What is wrong with pink? And pink does not mean you're gay.

-people who use gay as an insult (more of a peeve)
-B or C rated celebs who get casted on shows
-people who are fasion slaves
Quistis88
QUOTE(arche @ Feb 14 2005, 05:38 PM)
I hate this too, but unfortunately because I used to work with potentially suicidal people, I'm used to having to treat every mention of suicide as if it were real. I typically just try to get people to the hospital because I'm not going to have a suicide on my conscience.

Anyway, I can't stand movie-product tie in trends. Just drives me nuts especially when both the movie and products suck to begin with tongue.gif
[snapback]113781[/snapback]

Haha, that really sucks (the working-with-suicidal-people thing). I used to be heavily involved in this suicide prevention program back in high school, so I think I sort of know how you must feel.

I dislike those movie-product tie-in trends as well. I don't particularly enjoying seeing a favorite superhero on an entire aisle of lunch boxes.

QUOTE(edsgirl @ Feb 14 2005, 05:38 PM)
Well the kids around here wear that kinda stuff all the time, You must live in the country or something, because girls are wearing this stuff all over the place. Even when it's snow outside, I see girls huddled up on their bus stops with those little ass skirts on! rolleyes.gif
[snapback]113782[/snapback]

I know what you mean. Lots of people around here wear those, too. I hate them as well. I don't know why people even like them. Peer pressure, maybe? Even worse, some people wear those with the UGG boots I mentioned, and it looks horrid (to me, anyway).

I guess everything really is relative, not that I didn't believe in relativity before.
ἀρχή
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Feb 14 2005, 07:59 PM)
Haha, that really sucks (the working-with-suicidal-people thing).  I used to be heavily involved in this suicide prevention program back in high school, so I think I sort of know how you must feel.

To give you an appreciation for how much I hate it when people "fake" the suicide thing is when I had to take a guy from a residential I worked at once to a hospital. I stayed there 3-4 hours waiting for him to get evaluated and it turned out it was all a hoax. Of course, the person and all the others in the house were known to have actual suicidal hospitalizations, so I had no choice but to treat it as real. Anyway, even now, I'll still treat even a joke as real, but most people change their mind about joking when I turn the car around and start heading for the hospital tongue.gif

I also hate suicide notes on message boards. I've seen a few in my days. The worst thing isn't the note, but the responses. Tell the person to get help, call a prevention hotline and possibly give them a number to call for help. Don't go into helping the person via the message board. OMG, it gets horrible and I feel like killing myself after I read through the posts because too many people know nothing about how to help people who are suicidal.

That's a pet peeve, but lately it's turning into a trend on another message board I was visiting dry.gif
konic vince
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Feb 14 2005, 04:01 PM)
UGG Boots

They should be called UGLY boots.

Mini-skirts annoy me, too.  Especially people who wear them in freezing weather.  I hope they lose their legs.  It's just so . . . irrational.

[snapback]113682[/snapback]

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Feb 14 2005, 04:17 PM)
All the girls round here wear their jeans tucked into their boots.
[snapback]113699[/snapback]

Wow in my school so many girls wear those UGLY boots (lol, didn't even know they had a name). About half of them tuck their jeans inside the boots, and the other half wear miniskirts (even in winter) with the boots. Pretty sad, but I guess it's some sort of cheerleader fad or something.

I also cannot stand
-iPods, I cannot stand them...actually, not the ipods themselves, but the fact that I'm probably the only one in my school who doesn't own an ipod, I mean...they're expensive, and in the end you get nothing except a low battery power mp3 player with nothing else...they're pretty darn big too wink.gif
-shirts with really negative or graphic slogans or pictures...what the hell is wrong with those people
-and why do so many people typ lyk d1sh? it's so damn annoying...who the hell wants to know l0llll3rzzz 1 aM 4 n00b 1m40 I NoE HoWr tO tYp OMFG YOU DOOF JUST SHUT UP
Quistis88
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Feb 14 2005, 10:58 PM)
Personally, flip-flops bother her. She feels no control over them. What if a stalker suddenly decides to ambush--how does one run in flip-flops? ph34r.gif

Anyone seen The OC? Is it really that good? Mei doesn't understand the fascination with "teen drama" that has more to do with kids acting like drunken college students than, well, teens
[snapback]114041[/snapback]

The possibility of stalkers is also why I wear functional footwear everywhere I go. biggrin.gif

I don't understand the teen drama stuff and reality shows either. I have many friends who are hooked on stuff like "Survivor" and "The Bachelor(ette)". What's so fun about them? huh.gif
edsgirl
I hate any show that glorifies the life of these spoiled ass teenage brats! Has anyone seen the show on MTV about the sweet 16 b-day parties? The girl on the first and last ep i watched , wore 2 dresses and one of them cost $10,000. Then she got a brand new Range Rover! It just sickens me mad.gif
ἀρχή
- Cell phones aren't a fad anymore, but they annoy the hell out of me. I can't stand seeing people walk and talk on cell phones all the time. What's worse is when they walk up to me to ask me a question.

- "New You" reality shows. Basically any of those shows that offer a new wardrobe, throw out your crap, change your room, etc... My wife loves them, so I'm forced to endure them here and there. I saw one where this woman was being told to change her look and getting a new wardrobe. Of course she's made fun of through the whole thing and crying because of all her psychological trauma that's in her clothing. Oh cry me a river lady! Why don't they give that money to organizations that actually do meaningful work rather than waste it on someone's look.
Quistis88
QUOTE(arche @ Feb 15 2005, 06:04 AM)
- "New You" reality shows. Basically any of those shows that offer a new wardrobe, throw out your crap, change your room, etc... My wife loves them, so I'm forced to endure them here and there. I saw one where this woman was being told to change her look and getting a new wardrobe. Of course she's made fun of through the whole thing and crying because of all her psychological trauma that's in her clothing. Oh cry me a river lady! Why don't they give that money to organizations that actually do meaningful work rather than waste it on someone's look.
[snapback]114167[/snapback]

Ohh, those are annoying. Shows like "Extreme Make-over" for people or their homes . . . I don't see much of a point either. Sure, the winner of the nominations get free stuff, but it's not always a guarantee that they'll like it, say, a year afterwards. And you're correct in that the money could go towards more charitable things.
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Feb 14 2005, 05:22 PM)
[attachmentid=135]This is what i'm beginning to hate

Lol, I finally saw one of those horrid skirts today XD. I've actually seen two girls today with it on. I probably just haven't noticed it before because all of the hot chicks I know don't where them, though they do wear skirts, nice skirts.

-Being different just to be different (standing out is OK if it's genuine)
-Acting according to the people you are presently with (not a fad but annoying) Like when you act like a wigger around some of your wigger friends but then acting like a rocker or normal person around your other friends. Or acting like one or the other while with both groups. <---That really peeves me.
-Metrosexualism. A lot more metros these days and a lot of guys are doing it just to... well be pretty boys tongue.gif even if they were unkempt before. They change themselves to fit in. <----Humans are the only creatures that spread or move to a more fitting surrounding to survive so why not socially. Meet new people who are more like you tongue.gif
konic vince
I also hate those reality shows that are getting to be so popular...they mostly catch the eyes of girls, but I couldn't care less if gorillas watched them, they just are...so spiritually bare, and following all that american teenage glamour life which so pisses me off

another thing is, these days, so many things are labeled "extreme." Arche mentioned one, "extreme makeovers" a show I've never heard about, but I can already guess that it's about these people who have a budget to spend on a person's house or their wardrobe, and they have a certain amount of time to change it completely. Yes, I'm sure it's extreme. Painting is extreme. Spending tons of money on a single person's house interior is extreme. They even label snacks extreme. I came across a box of Extreme Jello sticks the other day. What the hell? The only extreme things about these things is probably the amount of gagging they induce
Chiyo
Yesterday I walked past the most beastly creatures I have ever seen. I think they were meant to be human.

Just picture it. They guy had his tracksuit bottoms tucked into his socks, hands down his trousers (all the time) a Burberry jacket, one earing, and baseball cap with the peak in the shape of an n.

The girl was in a pink velour tracksuit, dirty trainers, her face was plastered in make up, hoops the size of bracelets, hair scraped back so hard her forehead was on her scalp, a ring on each finger (the guy had about 5 in total) and she was chewing gum with her mouth open.

Thats going with the flow in this country. Why? For the life of me I cannot figure it out. Its no wonder I go against the flow.
konic vince
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Feb 16 2005, 03:23 AM)
Yesterday I walked past the most beastly creatures I have ever seen. I think they were meant to be human.

Just picture it. They guy had his tracksuit bottoms tucked into his socks, hands down his trousers (all the time) a Burberry jacket, one earing, and baseball cap with the peak in the shape of an n.

The girl was in a pink velour tracksuit, dirty trainers, her face was plastered in make up, hoops the size of bracelets, hair scraped back so hard her forehead was on her scalp, a ring on each finger (the guy had about 5 in total) and she was chewing gum with her mouth open.

Thats going with the flow in this country. Why? For the life of me I cannot figure it out. Its no wonder I go against the flow.
[snapback]114864[/snapback]

I think they're called mutations where their bodies just happen to do something wrong, and they get growths like large hoop earings out of their ears or dirty tracksuits just happen to grow on their bodies and they can't take them off. We must pity them sleep.gif

These days so many people say "shotty" or "shawty" or however you spell it. It's annoying me to hell and back. "Shotty that candy" "Shotty that seat" "Shotty not" where did it start? Why is it so popular these days? You may or may not understand what this means, depending on where you live. I didn't understand what anyone was saying until someone explained to me.

Another thing that gets to me is the phrase "bling bling." I'm not even going to bother typing about that here...
Chiyo
'Man, she iz well fit innit. She iz da bomb'

The language of the characters I described before.
Flippin Chavs

Never heard shotty before though. I'll be waiting for it.
Carnal Malefactor
Oh, and subst1tut1n9 numb3r$ and @$C11 ch@r@ct3rs for letters makes me want to start cleaning my hunting rifle...
Slashrose1010
I know I am part of this fad kinda but the whole Super Hero movies fad sleep.gif... I think SpiderMan1&2 were good but I did not bother to watch, Hulk, Hellboy, Daredevil, Electra, etc... They just look terrible. They are coming out with the Fantistic Four movie, Batman: Beginnings and Constantine. basically every comic book has become a movie (excluding Green Lantern dry.gif). I like Batman but I doubt I'll see this movie, or any of the aforementioned with the exception of Constantine (comic is called Hellblazer btw, not Constantine). X-Men was the a good movie though, X2 was even better. The Punisher also looks good.

Also, games made into movies, Final Fantasy (Spirits Within) but FF7:AC looks promising, Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, etc. For the same reasons as the comics into movie, they just aren't as good as the original format.

And why is EVERY movie being made into a game? >_< Kid movie, adult movies... People can be really greedy sometimes. With the exception of movies that can actually made into a good game because of story and action than that is somewhat OK. Like Enter The Matrix and SpiderMan and the Punisher. But Sharktales and the Get Away? Please, those games look terrible. Scar Face is also being made into a movie. Hello, isn't that what Vice City was for?
Quistis88
Kaji, sorry to say, but if you don't have anything constructive to post, then please refrain from doing so.

I also dislike the "movie <--> game" thing. "FF: The Spirits Within" was horrible, and lost Squaresoft a ton of money, but I think that will be compensated for with "FFVII: Advent Children."

I never play the games that come from movies ("Minority Report", "Lord of the Rings", "Harry Potter", etc.). It's just a way for the game industry to cash in on stuff, and most of the games end up being a horrible play anyway.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Here's a couple of fads I hate.

The whole wearing your pants around your hips look so the world can see what kind of underwear you are wearing look. This goes hand in hand with Surburban gangsters, you know the kind who think they are living the tough, gangster life tucked away safely in surburbia. The ones who dress and talk the part. I would like for them to come on down to Oakland sometime.

The other thing is people who use made up words like con-ver-sate instead of converse. I don't know if it's a fad as much as a trend but on both accounts I wish people would knock it the hell off.
Fresh_Coffee
- Guys who wear 5 sizes too big for them my friend hates it to sometimes she says i just want to pull up their pants

- Girls who think stripping is fun sleep.gif

- Posers enough said about that
Black Rose
about children being children I agree with Chiyo, (I know its 8 pages ago) I mean I went into a clothes shop the other day and now they've started selling proper thongs and lingerie for 4-6 years old, and another day I just picked up a newspaper barely looked at it, and it turns out they asked 6 girls between the ages of 4-7 to wear there fav outfit and model them coz they thought it would be cute, how wrong were they, with how much make-up they were wearing, the clothes they were wearing and how they were posing they looked like mini-sluts!!!!!!!!!! but I don't think it's just about brats dollz (there's Barbie too!!!!), it's also pop stars and rap stars thay always sing about sex and even if u don't listen to the words the videos crammed half naked woman.
Chiyo
QUOTE(Black Rose @ Feb 24 2005, 09:47 AM)
about children being children I agree with Chiyo, (I know its 8 pages ago) I mean I went into a clothes shop the other day and now they've started selling proper thongs and lingerie for 4-6 years old, and another day I just picked up a newspaper barely looked at it, and it turns out they asked 6 girls between the ages of 4-7 to wear there fav outfit and model them coz they thought it would be cute, how wrong were they, with how much make-up they were wearing, the clothes they were wearing and how they were posing they looked like mini-sluts!!!!!!!!!! but I don't think it's just about brats dollz (there's Barbie too!!!!), it's also pop stars and rap stars thay always sing about sex and even if u don't listen to the words the videos crammed half naked woman.
[snapback]120811[/snapback]

I found a soul mate.

Today in a girls magazine I found an article on fashion telling them to flash their cute underwear. Thats sick! This magazine is aimed at young teens and it's suggesting they flash their bra for everyone to see. Gee why don't we just make life easy for paedophiles.

Oh and on the point of Barbie, at least she did something more then try to pull a boyfriend. Thats all the Bratz seem to do. You can even buy them with a secret date. In other words you don't know what 'Boyz' your going to get. And to boot, there is now Babiez!
Stained_Wings
QUOTE(Black Rose @ Feb 24 2005, 04:47 AM)
[snapback]120811[/snapback]

i agree with you whole-heartedy. it sickens me even more because i have a 4-year-old sister, and she acts the EXACT SAME WAY. my older brother (age 17) goes to boarding school and whenever he and his friends come over, they encourage her to act like a little minislut. when they come over she walks around wearing short shorts and a two-piece swimsuit top, and does what she calls her "sexy dance", which is basically how christina aquilara and britney spears dance. its downright sick. she's even been called a slut by one of my brother's friends! gah!
also, a few months ago i saw a 5-6 year old at walmart wearing a bellyshirt, but it wasn't a normal belly-shirt; it was a long-sleeved belly shirt. not only is that too mature for a young girl (or any age), its darn immpractical.

now, some fads:
-super tight jeans that leave nothing to the imagination
- lowriding pants
- wanksters quoting the Chappel show loudly (ie, screaming "YAAAEEEEAAAA!!!!!!" and "HHHOOKAY!!!" in the halls at school)
- miniskirts in winter (i like to wear the occasional miniskirt, but only in the summer when the weathers appropriate!)
Elderberry
A lot of Asian girls seem to like getting those red highlights in their hair, which I don't want. I'm not against them or anything, but I just like having completely black hair. happy.gif;;
Quistis88
I feel like I have to rant about this.

What is up with girls and yoga pants nowadays? I am willing to bet that at least 70% of them don't even do yoga or go to the gym. And they all buy them from the same store(s), and strut around advertising for those stores as they wear those pants and travel in packs. What in the world? And worse, some of them wear ones that are about 3 sizes too small. If the pants were stretchy, I doubt they could walk in them.
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 23 2005, 09:07 PM) [snapback]318952[/snapback]

QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Nov 23 2005, 08:03 PM) [snapback]318948[/snapback]
Are you talking about those tight, but long pants that most people shouldn't be wearing? *Not very trend conscious*

Something like this.

Oh those things >.o

I can only confess to the (usually velour) sweatsuit trend...But I've had that set for years! Besides, it's comfortable unsure.gif

Most people just go with the trend to be going with it though, you know rolleyes.gif But...Seriously, if you've noticed, most of those girls wearing those pants don't look like they've ever been to the gym, much less yoga.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Envy @ Nov 23 2005, 08:09 PM) [snapback]318955[/snapback]
Those go with the whole sweats suits as fashion trend.

Something I've been guilty off at work since it's so casual there. I guess they want to appear active even though they are not.

Yeah, I get what you mean. It's fine if you actually do exercise and all, but if one is doing it just as a false image, well . . . I disapprove. tongue.gif

QUOTE(Celes)
But...Seriously, if you've noticed, most of those girls wearing those pants don't look like they've ever been to the gym, much less yoga.

Heck, yes.
foolmetal alchemist
Hmm, there's one fad that I've seen lately that I don't like much at all...very, very tight jeans, but this time on men. One of my sister's very good male friends is very into this fad. It seems like whenever him and my sister meet up with other friends who haven't met him, he'll get atleast five people asking about his sexuality. I don't understand anyone who wants to wear pants like this, mainly because they can't be very fun to wear with the lack of space...
Martel
I can't remember which store they're from but it's either American Eagle or Abercrombie. But they're these girl tees that say right across the chest line "Who needs an education when you have these." Not only are they the stupidest shirts I think I've ever seen, they're insulting towards women! But yet there are still girls that wear them! WHat is this world coming to T_T Then again I'm against said stores anyway
Toby-Chan
Being viciously anti-trend.
Bratz dolls. Seriously, they scared me when they first came out, and I can't imagine why a little girl would want to play with them, let alone why a parent would buy them and promote that. At least Barbie had jobs!
Lindsay Lohan and Hillary Duff. O_O... Appeal... does... not... compute.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Nov 25 2005, 09:56 AM) [snapback]319570[/snapback]
^I like "fitted" jeans, but not extra tight ones. Does he dress like emo, or metro? Because the sexuality questionability is different if they dress more like one or the other.

I like fitted jeans/pants on men. smile.gif I don't like them too loose on guys or too tight. Too loose makes one look like a slob, and too tight looks too homosexual.

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Nov 25 2005, 02:13 PM) [snapback]319652[/snapback]
Bratz dolls. Seriously, they scared me when they first came out, and I can't imagine why a little girl would want to play with them, let alone why a parent would buy them and promote that. At least Barbie had jobs!

I hated those things. My 11-year-old cousin loves them. And I'm talking about the Bratz dolls AND Lohan/Duff.

QUOTE(japaneseobesession @ Nov 25 2005, 02:51 PM) [snapback]319674[/snapback]
and what's with pulling your pants down to your knees and your boxers above your belly button?

Maybe their mother bought them pretty boxers and they just can't wait to show them off.

and why does she (referring to some anonymous person) pull her pants DOWN when she sits and pulles it back UP when she stands? underwear showeroffer slut!

I remember this one girl I used to know in high school who wears pants that are too tight for her, so it looked really bad, and on top of that, they're pretty low jeans, so you can practically see everything. One of my guy friends was unfortunate enough to have to sit behind her in class. rolleyes.gif

and who cares how much skin you show? stupid sluuuuuts

That reminds me of how much I hate kids 12-years-old-and-under that are wearing halter and/or tube tops. Creepy. It's like begging for a pedophile to attack you.
Toby-Chan
Along with the odd trend of being viciously anti-trend:

-Somehow finding what is different about yourself and then glamorizing it. I love celebrating differences between people and uniqueness, but not when it's forced and bottled. For example:

-Becoming decidedly bisexual
-Self-mutilation
-Converting to paganism/wicca
-Making sure to only listen to non-mainstream music and mock anyone who does otherwise
-Bashing christianity
-Bashing America
-Having some 'odd' stance on politics (Anarchy is a popular one)
-Having some strange/borderlining immoral fetish

But in order to fully utilize these trends, you must make sure that you yammer about your participation in said minority-making activity constantly, and as soon as somebody says something remotely negative about your viewpoint, you must fully take advantage of their 'ignorance' and go all medieval on their hindquarters for not being 'open minded'.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Nov 25 2005, 03:55 PM) [snapback]319702[/snapback]
-Converting to paganism/wicca

I know someone who did this. She also takes drugs.

-Bashing America

But who doesn't do this one on some level? laugh.gif

But in order to fully utilize these trends, you must make sure that you yammer about your participation in said minority-making activity constantly, and as soon as somebody says something remotely negative about your viewpoint, you must fully take advantage of their 'ignorance' and go all medieval on their hindquarters for not being 'open minded'.

laugh.gif

Yeah, it seems that emphasizing one's difference and how such differences can be superior is popular nowadays.

Another trend I hate: those designer handbags. I see people walking around campus with all these brand name purses/handbags (the Gucci, Burberry, and Coach sights blind my eyes), and they make me gag. Especially when I find the Louis Vuitton design to be quite ugly, though I don't mind the Burberry since I have a penchant for plaid. I heard that someone actually spent $100+ for their LV handbag, and it just makes me wonder why people would do that with their money. If I had a $100 and had to buy a handbag, I'd use it to buy multiple bags.
Phyco girl
FAD I DON'T LIKE:
I don't like those sequin bags everyone has. The sequins come off and snag on everything @___@. Plus everyone has about the same one and they get boring to look at after awhile.

QUOTE (Quistis88 @ Nov 25 2005, 04:00 PM) *
QUOTE (Toby-Chan @ Nov 25 2005, 02:13 PM) *

I hated those things. My 11-year-old cousin loves them. And I'm talking about the Bratz dolls AND Lohan/Duff.

I remember someone suggesting Lohan or Duff for Winry in the, "What if FMA was a Live Action Movie?" thread. At that point I was about to gag on my pizza sad.gif. I really do not see the appeal in them either.

And about the Brats dolls: What's with the giant lips?

QUOTE (Quistis88 @ Nov 25 2005, 05:08 PM) *
Another trend I hate: those designer handbags. I see people walking around campus with all these brand name purses/handbags (the Gucci, Burberry, and Coach sights blind my eyes), and they make me gag. Especially when I find the Louis Vuitton design to be quite ugly, though I don't mind the Burberry since I have a penchant for plaid. I heard that someone actually spent $100+ for their LV handbag, and it just makes me wonder why people would do that with their money. If I had a $100 and had to buy a handbag, I'd use it to buy multiple bags.

I have a Coach bag, but only because I don't want to be buying a ton of cheaper bags that just come apart in a few months (<--- has experienced this many times before). Plus if the thread starts coming loose on things they'll fix it biggrin.gif. But, mainly that's because I use the same purse all the time happy.gif.

I don't understand those people who must buy 6 Louis Vuitton bags and then brag about how many they have and how much money they spent though. Why would you need 6 different bags that ultimately do the same thing? I guess if you have one nice one that you use all the time it'd be good to go out and buy several cheaper ones you'll only use a few times, like Quis said.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Phyco girl @ Nov 25 2005, 04:34 PM) [snapback]319708[/snapback]
And about the Brats dolls: What's with the giant lips?

Must be the Angelina Jolie kick. Big lips are attractive or something. Personally, I think Angelina Jolie isn't all that pretty/sexy . . . her face, anyway.

I have a Coach bag, but only because I don't want to be buying a ton of cheaper bags that just come apart in a few months (<--- has experienced this many times before). Plus if the thread starts coming loose on things they'll fix it biggrin.gif. But, mainly that's because I use the same purse all the time happy.gif.

Yeah, if you're going to buy an expensive purse, then just use that one frequently to get your money's worth, and take good care of it. If you buy the cheaper ones, at least make sure they're the best you can buy for that price.

I don't understand those people who must buy 6 Louis Vuitton bags and then brag about how many they have and how much money they spent though. Why would you need 6 different bags that ultimately do the same thing? I guess if you have one nice one that you use all the time it'd be good to go out and buy several cheaper ones you'll only use a few times, like Quis said.

I agree that you sometimes do need multiple bags for different occasions or to match things with, but anyone should be fine with a functional black one, or just one that matches most of the items in your closet.

Heck, some of the astronomically costly purses some people buy barely hold a standard size wallet. I could go out and buy fabric and straps to make my own for 1/20th of that price, I bet.

FAD I DON'T LIKE:
I don't like those sequin bags everyone has. The sequins come off and snag on everything @___@. Plus everyone has about the same one and they get boring to look at after awhile.

I don't understand those either. As for the super shiny ones, they hurt your eyes when they catch the sunlight. mellow.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 25 2005, 08:31 PM) [snapback]319792[/snapback]

Must be the Angelina Jolie kick. Big lips are attractive or something. Personally, I think Angelina Jolie isn't all that pretty/sexy . . . her face, anyway.
I think she's pretty/sexy. But those dolls annoy me for some reason.

I agree that you sometimes do need multiple bags for different occasions or to match things with, but anyone should be fine with a functional black one, or just one that matches most of the items in your closet.

Heck, some of the astronomically costly purses some people buy barely hold a standard size wallet. I could go out and buy fabric and straps to make my own for 1/20th of that price, I bet.
Cha, I hate that trend! It's so stupid! I've had my dark silverish/black purse for 2 years now, and it's even got a little charm bracelet on the zipper so I can wear it with fancier stuff as well, and it was only 6$ sleep.gif And I fit my Gameboy Advance, a thick paperback book, and my CD player in it, so I don't get the fad at all. Some girl with one of those (in my opinion, ugly) Louis Vuitton purses that could barely hold her tiny cell phone actually had the nerve to tell me my purse was too big, when it's quite small compared to most ordinary purses dry.gif

FAD I DON'T LIKE:

I don't understand those either. As for the super shiny ones, they hurt your eyes when they catch the sunlight. mellow.gif
I think most sequins are ugly, then again, that style is coming back I hear rolleyes.gif But what I really hate is those purses shaped like high heeled shoes or bras or corsets. It's so...tacky! (In my opinion)
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Nov 25 2005, 08:39 PM) [snapback]319796[/snapback]

I think she's pretty/sexy. But those dolls annoy me for some reason.[

I agree. Angelina Jolie is rather attractive, but the bratz dolls... I dunno. Maybe it's that style of makeup or something. The uber shiny big lipped thing that's very befitting to the 'brat' style. Those dolls just rubbed me the wrong way from the first time I saw the commercial. Then again, I generally don't care for that style on most girls. And it's funny, because I think that if my mom wasn't so strict on enforcing the no-makeup-till-highschool rule, I would have been dumb enough to follow that style since I was 11. That would have been just plain icky. I'm glad she made me go without for all those years; I went nuts in my first year of makeup allowance, and then I finally realized that I didn't need it.

I think most sequins are ugly, then again, that style is coming back I hear rolleyes.gif But what I really hate is those purses shaped like high heeled shoes or bras or corsets. It's so...tacky! (In my opinion)

XD I know! Why would you want a boobs-purse? Why?
japaneseobesession
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 25 2005, 07:00 PM) [snapback]319681[/snapback]

and why does she (referring to some anonymous person) pull her pants DOWN when she sits and pulles it back UP when she stands? underwear showeroffer slut!

I remember this one girl I used to know in high school who wears pants that are too tight for her, so it looked really bad, and on top of that, they're pretty low jeans, so you can practically see everything. One of my guy friends was unfortunate enough to have to sit behind her in class. rolleyes.gif

poor dude laugh.gif

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 25 2005, 07:00 PM) [snapback]319681[/snapback]

and who cares how much skin you show? stupid sluuuuuts

That reminds me of how much I hate kids 12-years-old-and-under that are wearing halter and/or tube tops. Creepy. It's like begging for a pedophile to attack you.

isn't it? (I wear guy clothes [sleeves that go up to my elbow with/without armwarmers, long pants almost always unless it's really how I wear shorts up to my knees, no higher] I fel old fashioned all of the sudden xD)

and to everyone with the purse complaints : I totally agree. (doesn't even use a purse unless necessary) my purse is.. well, huge... and has a sling up to my waist.. but people say it looks good, so I have no objection (what's with the purses under the armpits? I find that disgusting)
Toby-Chan
*Revives thread just for this*

Gaucho pants!

Argh! I love loose clothing. Love it to death- looser clothes are cute and tasteful.

But for the love of Bob, those gaucho pants... they don't look good on -anyone-. Even the cutest most attractive well figured girls can wear a pair of those awful things, and not only do they clash with everything else the girl wears, but they're totally unflattering in many ways. Maybe it's some sort of huge tragic flaw in the design, but nobody can wear gauchos and not look like they have a permanent wedgie. And that just sort of defeats the purpose of loose pants, dosen't it?
Popogeejo
Chavs.They need to be exterminated to save the human race.
Goth I like,
Emo I can deal with but Chav's just go against the laws of nature.

If you don't know what a Chav is:
1)Consider youself lucky,
2)Read the first entry and the second one

It should be noted that it's now belived by some that Chavs are an off shoot of the Yuppie(Now almost extinct).

Link is now fixed.
asunder
QUOTE(popogeejo @ Apr 6 2006, 04:32 PM) [snapback]375617[/snapback]

Chavs.They need to be exterminated to save the human race.
Goth I like,
Emo I can deal with but Chav's just go against the laws of nature.

It should be noted that it's now belived by some that Chavs are an off shoot of the Yuppie(Now almost extinct).

fix your link!

My appearence has been known to scare away little kids (i can only assume this includes"chavs") as well as the elderly. Maybe this is the reason that I've never noticed them.

oh andi don't really understand goths actually...
Quistis88
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Apr 6 2006, 05:18 PM) [snapback]375611[/snapback]
Gaucho pants!

Argh! I love loose clothing. Love it to death- looser clothes are cute and tasteful.

But for the love of Bob, those gaucho pants... they don't look good on -anyone-. Even the cutest most attractive well figured girls can wear a pair of those awful things, and not only do they clash with everything else the girl wears, but they're totally unflattering in many ways. Maybe it's some sort of huge tragic flaw in the design, but nobody can wear gauchos and not look like they have a permanent wedgie. And that just sort of defeats the purpose of loose pants, dosen't it?

You people over there call them gaucho pants? Over here, the mall displays call them "bermuda pants". What the heck. Either way, I kind of have to agree with you. I've seen too many people wearing these now that the weather has warmed up a bit. It doesn't look quite as bad as you say, in my opinion, but I must also say that the only things that look good in those are mannequins.

QUOTE(popogeejo @ Apr 6 2006, 05:32 PM) [snapback]375617[/snapback]

I feel lucky. In that I haven't come across one yet.

QUOTE(asu @ Apr 6 2006, 06:21 PM) [snapback]375647[/snapback]
My appearence has been known to scare away little kids (i can only assume this includes"chavs") as well as the elderly. Maybe this is the reason that I've never noticed them.

Really? I want to see what you look like.

Since this thread came back, I might as well rant. I don't like that layering fad. You know, that one where you wear this really long shirt underneath a shorter shirt, then if you like, you add a long sleeve thing that I can only describe as half-a-blazer. I just don't like it. mellow.gif The whole outfit looks messy to me.
ἀρχή
I can't stand those people who dress up on casual friday. They're all the types who are trying to make themselves look more management worthy, but in reality, they are just annoying. Put some jeans on and take that tie off dammit!
Endora
D; Oh dear. More of my babble of hatredness.

~Fishnet stockings. D: - From "Outcasts", To "I'm so anti conformist" they're just annoying and trashy.
~The "I hate the world I'm going to kill myself" trend. D:
~The "I'm so goth. I think I'm a vampire" trend.
~The "No one loves me I cut myself, My tears are rainbows of misery, Boo hoo" trend.
~The "Smoking weed ultimately makes me a cooler person" trend.
~The "Omg I'm SO anti social I have like 800+ friends"
~Those shirts that are like three shirts in one. D: - Oo; Actually I think they are more than one. But i wouldn't know.
~Those "Sweatshirts" that are like bellytops.
~The "punklike nerd" kind of clothing. D:
~Those annoying long beads people tend to wear around their necks. D:
~Secretary like clothing- I swear, Half the kids at my school look like some 1950's secretary.
~Mowhawks D:
~..D: Those ANNOYING coats. They're black, They have brown fur around the hood, They only go halfway down the upper torso on females.
~Those Plaid coats with roses on them. D:
~Camo wear - I don't see everyone's fascination with it, It's not like any of the girls in my school would actually be interesting in hunting. D:

I'll end this here..
HybridAlchemist
-Green clothing
-Acting like a self concious basterd
-Jap shows dubbed english
-Stupid jap games in english

Aslo white people acting black, black people acting azn,azn people acting black
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.