Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 44 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2
Fullmetal Guy
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 44 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 4.

==============

http://www.livejournal.com/community/fm_al...st/1704968.html

You can get it there.

It is an incredible good chapter with a lot of conversation

Go read Now!

<Last updated by Michiyo- on Apr. 3, 2011>
Shiroi
That totally made my day! 47 pages! This was definately one of the best chapters; it left a lot to think about. It was on the creepy side though (althoug not as bad as 43). *trying not to spoil*

It's such a good thing the FMA fanbase is so large. I hope someone or other on that LJ community will continue translating, even after VIZ announces their lisence.
Koneko_chan
How do you open it? >_<

I tried opening it, but notthing came up. Where am i supposed to go!?!
Chibi Viki
koneko chan, please avoid double posting...

just click on Fullmetal Guy's posted link. Once there (live journal) you'd have to click on the posted link to chap 44.zip to download the translation and save in your PC. then open the zip file with winzip or winrar... i hope this helps.
Senefen
*click* download download download!!... oh hell it's the scanlations ;_;, I'll have to wait till I can use the school broardband tomorrow. Bloody 56K. Unless I want to wait several hours.... yes I want to but I cant, I have to sleep sometime tonight.
SweetJanie
I CAN'T READ JAPANESE!!!! NO!!!! *wails*

Can't someone tell me what they're saying??? Pwease?? sad.gif
Kirara
There is a translation of the chapter on live journal (thank you so much to that person).

It was an excellent chapter and we find out even more about the night Ed and Al tried to bring back their mother.
filimonovna
I REALLY love all those people who do the translation!
Koneko_chan
1. When you save it, where does it go?

2. Where is winzip/winrar?

3. How do I delete it once I'm done reading it?
Shiroi
Assuming you have Windows...

When you click on it, click on "save," and it'll ask you where you want to save it. You need winzip or winrar to open it; free versions of both can be downloaded at winzip.com or winrar.com. Once you download one of the programs, right-click on the file and click "extract" in the menu. It'll extract all the pages into a new folder. Once it does that, you can right-click on the zip file and delete it or drag it to the recycle bin icon.
blueices
I'm tempted to read but I'll wait for Yebosh's on Anime-source
Koneko_chan
If it's that much of a hassle, I'll just wait till they get it on the groups.msn.com one.
ThndrShk2k
It isn't really that much of a hassle once you know howto use a computer.

zip/rar files are compressed archives. Windows opens Zips defaultly, but you can download winzip - www.winzip.com -, or winrar - www.rarlab.com - *better* . Deleting, all you need to do is either drag the folder/zip to the recycling bin, select the folder/zip -right click and select delete, or select the folder/zip and hit the delete button *not insert*
hagane_no_tokage
T____T omigod!!!! *tackleglomps Havoc* that was such a great chapter!!!!
Queen of the dammed
I never expected Ed to tell Al about the mother thing...
(I wonder what would have happened if the body didn't reject Al's soul?)
Yukina_Raven
Ahhhh! The manga just keeps getting better and better! T_T But yeah, didn't expect Ed to tell Al the truth, either.

It was nice that Izumi had a part in this chapter, though. She's always been my favorite character. happy.gif

One thing that I was confused on, though... Winry's comment on page 37 about Ed's back being big? Or something... What was that suppose to mean? blink.gif Was she noticing he had grown or something? Ot maybe it was foreshadowing for a future chapter? I don't know.. any ideas on what she meant?
Cere
QUOTE(Yukina_Raven @ Feb 14 2005, 03:20 PM)
One thing that I was confused on, though... Winry's comment on page 37 about Ed's back being big? Or something... What was that suppose to mean? blink.gif Was she noticing he had grown or something? Ot maybe it was foreshadowing for a future chapter? I don't know.. any ideas on what she meant?
[snapback]113667[/snapback]

I though it meant that Ed wasn't slouching anymore, but that's just my interpretation.
Koneko_chan
That or his legs need to be lengthened because he got taller.

Maybe with them lengthened, he'd be taller han her.

I read it! happy.gif
Or maybe he's finally undergoing puberty. You know, the shoulders widening part. Perhaps an indication that he's about to actually start growing. biggrin.gif
lialiakicks
QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 15 2005, 12:14 PM)
Or maybe he's finally undergoing puberty. You know, the shoulders widening part. Perhaps an indication that he's about to actually start growing.  biggrin.gif
[snapback]114143[/snapback]

Yup. That's EXACTLY what I thought...

I wonder what our Ed will look like with facial hair...? O_O Hm.. Maybe he'll grow a beard like Hughes... Hughes... ;_; *goes into a depression*
Yukina_Raven
Good replies. laugh.gif

Thinking about it now again, however... myabe it does mean he's not slouching anymore... because a great weight has been lifted from his shoulders.
hakai-kun
Anime Ed wouldn't have told Aru about it. But Manga Ed would. Does that make sense? Anyway, I'm very pleased witht he manga. I can't wait for next months GanGan!
I'm glad Izumi played a role too. And I like the interpretation of the 'weight being lifted' from him. I wonder when we'll see Mei again and what role she might play... XD
Koneko_chan
I wanna see a flashback of Ed getting rejected.

There wasn't enough drama there.
Yukina_Raven
QUOTE(hakai-kun @ Feb 15 2005, 04:26 PM)
Anime Ed wouldn't have told Aru about it. But Manga Ed would. Does that make sense? Anyway, I'm very pleased witht he manga. I can't wait for next months GanGan!
I'm glad Izumi played a role too. And I like the interpretation of the 'weight being lifted' from him. I wonder when we'll see Mei again and what role she might play... XD
[snapback]114538[/snapback]

Yeah, it made sense. And I agree with you on that. 'Tis a good point. smile.gif I'm very excited for next month's chapter too!

YUS! I really wanna see Mei finally meet the real Edward Elric. That is going to be a very memorable encounter, I just know it. laugh.gif
Yitan
Its a lot easier to go to http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/animechracters.msnw
to read the manga. It's in English 2!

Hey do yall know if anymore mangas are coming out?!
Senefen
Quite often charachter are different in the manga version.
In the manga Fruits Basket Akito is a girl, in the anime Akito is a guy O.o...

I want to see what they do next! cant wait!
lialiakicks
QUOTE(Yukina_Raven @ Feb 16 2005, 01:59 AM)
Yeah, it made sense. And I agree with you on that. 'Tis a good point. smile.gif I'm very excited for next month's chapter too!

YUS! I really wanna see Mei finally meet the real Edward Elric. That is going to be a very memorable encounter, I just know it. laugh.gif
[snapback]114716[/snapback]

Oh I can't wait 'til Mei finally meets Ed... I can see it now...

Mei: *gushes about how tall and handsome Ed is*
* Ed, Al, and Winry walk into the room*
Mei:... *stunned about Ed's height and notices his appearal* D-do you have an older brother (who is very tall) by the name of Edward Elric-sama?
*Al and Winry sweatdrop in the backgroud*
Ed: WTH? I'm Edward Elric... and why the hell do you care?!
Mei: (bluntly) Oh, I was just wandering since you're kinda short...
Ed: WHO THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING A MICROSCOPIC SHORTY-
Mei... Oh well, you'll do. At least you're taller than me.
Ed: *stops shouting and puts a hand on Mei's shoulder* You know, you're not half bad...
*Al and Winry sigh in the backgroud*

YES, I know. I have no life... O_O;;;

(This is kinda off topic but)...
Senefen: Dude... When the hell do they say that Akito is a GIRL in the Fruits Basket manga... I've read vol. 1-6 and a couple of chpts. in vol. 7-9 and 11-13, and I don't remember tham saying Akito is a girl. Besides, don't they refer to Akito as "he", "him", etc??? O_______________O;;;
Yukina_Raven
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Feb 16 2005, 10:44 AM)
Oh I can't wait 'til Mei finally meets Ed... I can see it now...

Mei: *gushes about how tall and handsome Ed is*
* Ed, Al, and Winry walk into the room*
Mei:... *stunned about Ed's height and notices his appearal* D-do you have an older brother (who is very tall) by the name of Edward Elric-sama?
*Al and Winry sweatdrop in the backgroud*
Ed: WTH? I'm Edward Elric... and why the hell do you care?!
Mei: (bluntly) Oh, I was just wandering since you're kinda short...
Ed: WHO THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING A MICROSCOPIC SHORTY-
Mei... Oh well, you'll do. At least you're taller than me.
Ed: *stops shouting and puts a hand on Mei's shoulder* You know, you're not half bad...
*Al and Winry sigh in the backgroud*

YES, I know. I have no life... O_O;;;
[snapback]115081[/snapback]

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

That's okay, me neither. biggrin.gif But seriously, that was hysterical. And so true.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Koneko_chan @ Feb 15 2005, 04:59 PM)
I wanna see a flashback of Ed getting rejected.

There wasn't enough drama there.
[snapback]114580[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAH I would also like to see that!

QUOTE(Senefen @ Feb 16 2005, 01:07 AM)
Quite often charachter are different in the manga version.
In the manga Fruits Basket Akito is a girl, in the anime Akito is a guy O.o...

I want to see what they do next! cant wait!
[snapback]114836[/snapback]

uh wait a minute Akito is a girl in the manga? I thought she was a guy XD thanks for saying that
Chapter 44 from Anime-Source has been released.
DarkWarrior
page 42 on anime-source didn't work for me sad.gif
icanflyouch
QUOTE(DarkWarrior @ Feb 17 2005, 04:19 PM)
[snapback]116277[/snapback]

Same here, I got all dissapointed. I had been all gushy because OMG Havoc *LE ANGST*.
QUOTE(DarkWarrior @ Feb 17 2005, 04:19 PM)
[snapback]116277[/snapback]

Seems to be fixed now ph34r.gif
Hikari no Hohenheim
any zipped download?
Senefen
Senefen: Dude... When the hell do they say that Akito is a GIRL in the Fruits Basket manga... I've read vol. 1-6 and a couple of chpts. in vol. 7-9 and 11-13, and I don't remember tham saying Akito is a girl. Besides, don't they refer to Akito as "he", "him", etc??? O_______________O;;;

To be prefectly honest I'm not up to that yet, I'm up to book 14 but I heard other people saying it. Here -> http://fruitsbasket.deviantart.com/journal/3372465/ If you think about it it explains a bit. She doent like other girls becoming close to the zodiac boys. Thats why she hurts Kisa and Rin rather than Hatsuharu and uh... sheep-boy (cant remember name).
Oh and scanlations uh... don't go shouting it from the roof tops because it's the only place you can get them after it got licenced, http://www.syuura.com Go to the manga dowload section in the fourms.
Hikari no Hohenheim
Yes, Akito IS a girl. The sheep boy is Momiji.
[more off topic spam] isn't momiji a rabbit? and since when was there a sheep in the chinese zodiac? (then again, i've never read the manga)
i take that back. 9.9 i forgot sheep IS part of the zodiac --.--''
(sorry for double posting, since i can't edit)
Ninie
[out topic]

Momiji is the rabbit. The sheep is Hiro!
(I just got the DVDs. It's my favorite anime/manga after Hagaren)

[/out topic]

It was a really, really good chapter! Wow! <3 Arakawa-sensei!
Queen of the dammed
[Even more out of topic] Do ypu guys think that roy kinda looks like Shighre? <==*is his fan as well* [/Even more out of topic]
Ninie
[Still out of topic] Yes, true! <--- Love Shigure too [/Still out of topic]
SweetJanie
[somewhat out of topic] You guys are crazy...so am I tongue.gif [/somewhat out of topic]

I wish she'd let us know what they're talking about!! I want to know Ed's dark past!! XD *is evil*
Senefen
[blantantly off topic]Momiji is the rabbit. He's my 2nd fav character. ^^ I'm also a rabbit. [/off topic]

I wish It came out every 2 weeks ;_; I need my fix. But it mightnt be as good then.
Yukina_Raven
QUOTE(SweetJanie @ Feb 23 2005, 08:10 AM)
I wish she'd let us know what they're talking about!! I want to know Ed's dark past!! XD *is evil*
[snapback]120279[/snapback]

Eh? What part do you mean? @.@
Queen of the dammed
Dark past? I'd like to see some bishie tourture.... XDDDD
SweetJanie
Lol, what I meant is to know things like how many fights he lost, if he ever stole pies on windows...silly things, ne? All that stuff you did when you were a kid that you're too ashamed to remember!! Now THAT would be a great gaiden!! tongue.gif
Yukina_Raven
Ooooh. Yeah, I agree with ya. I'd love to see a gaiden focusing on the happier, more care-free days of little Ed, Al and Winry. laugh.gif
mrhomiec

i was thinking that it was Envy pretending to be Ed and he got the shape wrong. but that's just me. =/

and btw, so are scanlations still gonna be done?
Queen of the dammed
QUOTE(mrhomiec @ Feb 28 2005, 01:52 AM)

i was thinking that it was Envy pretending to be Ed and he got the shape wrong. but that's just me. =/

and btw, so are scanlations still gonna be done?
[snapback]122975[/snapback]

That or the chibi DID grow at last... laugh.gif
SweetJanie
LOL!! Hope so!!! *daydreams of the Ed Ed and Mei Ling dream of* Awww... beautiful!!! wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.