Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cows...?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Game > FMA PlayStation Games
Tobu Ishi
I heard somewhere that, in this game, one of Ed's abilities involves the spontaneous creation of cows. And not just any cows, but cows that are blowing bubbles, and riding fire trucks. I would like to humbly request that someone here tell me this isn't true.
Username05
That sounds a little over the top...
I dought that is true, I think someone is pulling your leg...
hidden_death
blink.gif
ThndrShk2k
It's the artist's avatar placement in the game. It moves around for about a minute blowing purple bubbles, not very useful, but it comes in hands when once in a while when you can transmute it. Other than them i'd rather have the Ed dolls or the mines
AA battery
QUOTE(Tobu Ishi @ Feb 9 2005, 10:57 PM)
I heard somewhere that, in this game, one of Ed's abilities involves the spontaneous creation of cows.  And not just any cows, but cows that are blowing bubbles, and riding fire trucks.  I would like to humbly request that someone here tell me this isn't true.
[snapback]110551[/snapback]

blink.gif the mangaka of FMA will kill you for saying that you don't like the cow... XDDDD

I mean, she is like, my favourite weapon... especially in "Devil of Red Elixir"... (the second PS2 game... only out in jap version so far)
Tobu Ishi
It's not that I don't like the cow...it's just that the cow makes no sense, which makes my canon-loving author sense twitch. As far as I can tell, Ed can't create animals spontaneously from raw materials...

Then again, it is just a game; if this is a whim of the creator, then I guess I can put up with it. If I was making a video game of one of my stories, I would probably want an Easter egg of myself in there, too.
Des
QUOTE(Tobu Ishi @ Feb 11 2005, 10:38 AM)
It's not that I don't like the cow...it's just that the cow makes no sense, which makes my canon-loving author sense twitch.  As far as I can tell, Ed can't create animals spontaneously from raw materials...

Then again, it is just a game; if this is a whim of the creator, then I guess I can put up with it.  If I was making a video game of one of my stories, I would probably want an Easter egg of myself in there, too.
[snapback]111623[/snapback]

Dude, it's not a real cow! XDDD It's a toy cow that rides on a plunky musical bike and blows bubbles!
Tobu Ishi
QUOTE(Des @ Feb 11 2005, 11:56 AM)
Dude, it's not a real cow! XDDD It's a toy cow that rides on a plunky musical bike and blows bubbles!
[snapback]111658[/snapback]

OHHH! Okay! Got it! See, the way someone explained it to me, it sounded like it was an actual cow. That's why I was so disturbed. A toy cow, though...I can totally see Ed doing that. happy.gif
Yukina_Raven
QUOTE(Tobu Ishi @ Feb 9 2005, 10:57 PM)
I heard somewhere that, in this game, one of Ed's abilities involves the spontaneous creation of cows.  And not just any cows, but cows that are blowing bubbles, and riding fire trucks.  I would like to humbly request that someone here tell me this isn't true.
[snapback]110551[/snapback]

Gahahaha! It's true! Its one of the more useless weapons, but the bubles are suppose to hit the enemies and poison them. Usually doesn't work, considering the Cow gets stuck in corners a lot. ^^;
AA battery
hehe, I never had that problem... I just aim the whatever box thingie , face the opponents, transmute it into arakawa-sensei toy cow and watches the thugs get poisoned XD

[spoiler] in "devil of red elixir", she actually MOVES to chase the opponent... I wonder if she is still considered a toy in that case... [/spoiler]
cudadomini
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Feb 16 2005, 05:08 AM)
hehe, I never had that problem... I just aim the whatever box thingie , face the opponents, transmute it into arakawa-sensei toy cow and watches the thugs get poisoned XD

[spoiler] in "devil of red elixir", she actually MOVES to chase the opponent... I wonder if she is still considered a toy in that case... [/spoiler]
[snapback]114846[/snapback]

In light of that spoiler, it would just be a [spoiler]self guided toy[/spoiler]. . .
Kaniza
I played the game and I still think it's hilarious! laugh.gif
But I don't think it was that useless. It actually helped and was funny to watch.
FForce
I found that all it did was hit me. Lol, but it did come in handy at some parts...
AA battery
QUOTE(FForce @ Mar 4 2005, 09:34 PM)
I found that all it did was hit me. Lol, but it did come in  handy at some parts...
[snapback]126936[/snapback]

XD she did? well... when I use her, I just run away + calling Al to me at the same time... (was fun to use her to chase Scar)
FForce
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Mar 6 2005, 05:54 AM)
QUOTE(FForce @ Mar 4 2005, 09:34 PM)
I found that all it did was hit me. Lol, but it did come in  handy at some parts...
[snapback]126936[/snapback]

XD she did? well... when I use her, I just run away + calling Al to me at the same time... (was fun to use her to chase Scar)
[snapback]127669[/snapback]

Well, I would just transmute her and then start beating all the chimeras/baddies up, and since the cow kinda goes where ever it wants to, she would hit me. Most of the time it didn't really matter though.
Shiroi
I thought the cow was amusing. ^^; Or at least as amusing as it can seem when you're being chased by a handful of chimeras. It was a self-insertion on Arakawa's part, but she needs more credit!

...Now if we're talking about useless transmuted objects, please explain to me the value of a pogo-stick. -____-;;;
Kurai_Eymru
Well Actully in the broken angel game there is a time you create something that looks like a Cow and does blow bubbles but its not a flesh and blood one if you thinking that and Fire trucks? wtf is with that I dont remeber seeing any of those.....
Kurai_Eymru
Oh I also wanted to know did anyone else see the Words "FAKE" on the Dummy Ed's you can make? Its hilarious, but its kinda sad that the military guys cant read! 12 year olds and now this...officers that cant read!but still its funny to watch them hit at it tell it changes. Another thing you know how you can make those thing in a split second right? Ypu can make right infront of the enemy and it still hits the fake something is wrong.....or basically almost everyone in the military are loseing it or are already insane..
AnimeMonster
Oh I also wanted to know did anyone else see the Words "FAKE" on the Dummy Ed's you can make? Its hilarious, but its kinda sad that the military guys cant read! 12 year olds and now this...officers that cant read!but still its funny to watch them hit at it tell it changes. Another thing you know how you can make those thing in a split second right? Ypu can make right infront of the enemy and it still hits the fake something is wrong.....or basically almost everyone in the military are loseing it or are already insane..

Yeah, I noticed that. It was funny watching Armstrong and Roy go after it while I ran around in circles, just because I could.

...Now if we're talking about useless transmuted objects, please explain to me the value of a pogo-stick. -____-;;;

Yes, the pogo-stick is a bit useless, but it can be used to go places faster and it does, if you jump on an enemy, cause some damage to them. I also find it fun to use when your waiting for the the chimera to notice you while it attacks the Ed dummy.

I usually stick with the spear/lance, Ed-dummies, Ed-wind tunnles, and the poison cows (which I find quite ironic because Ed's dislike of Milk and the poison bubbles come out of a glass the cow is holding). I like the distraction/trapping devices because I can transmuste them into Elixers after they've done their job. Sad thing is I didn't find out about this until I got to New Heisgarat (sorry on spelling).
pinako
yes he dose make cows and they arnt real cows but the reason for the cows is that the creator is a cow in the manga go
here see the cow armstrong is squeezing is the same kinda cow ed creates but only that cow is a toy and hte bubbles are posionus
Chibi Reina
lol, Pinako, I can't stop staring at your sig XD

I like that cow. Probably from the fact that I can get easily amused. The little cow bell..... the sound the cow makes..... XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.