Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Real Steel
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3
bryantq
Wondering if any of you out there are old enough and are owners or practicioners of firearms.

Feel free to post pictures, or what you own and how you like them.

I myself own a Beretta M9, and a IMI (israeli) Jericho (also branded as Baby Desert Eagle here in the states) .45acp;

I also play a lot of airsoft whenever i have the urge to shoot people, but not actually kill them.

I am thinking about purchasing a Colt Gold Cup .45acp but seeing as they're $1200-1400 stock its a weary decision.

heres some images of the guns (not actual since im not home):

Colt Gold Cup .45acp
IPB Image

Jericho
IPB Image
Le Monkey
I havn't got guns but I do love Swords and Maces and Spears.....

Old type stuff....
Kayin
You know, i'm old enough to have a firearm, but I won't. Quite frankly I don't like them. I find them very dangerous. I'd prefer to have Older type weapons however, with kids that touch everything...I'm putting off on them
Le Monkey
Good Reaction,

You don't want a kid that come over to you with a bullet hole in their foot....
Kayin
heh, it's not just a bullet in the foot i'm worried about, my youngest puts remotes in his mouth...so...you can see why I'd really not like one around.
Le Monkey
Yeah, I was meaning that, But didn't want to distress anyone....

I think itrs horrible that in the U.S. that it is so easy to get a gun.
It takes 2 weeks of carfull suvailence before you can get a farmers shotgun here.
I hope we don't turn out like the us....Ick..
Kayin
Well, the ease that you can get a gun in the US is another reason I really don't want one. Any idiot can get them...and now...all you have to do is go through a "Class" in my county to be able to...carry them...

*shudders*
Le Monkey
Yeah, Not good.
Hence not wantoing to live there....
I love Wales!!! tongue.gif

You could come and live here if you want.
Kayin
Heh, yea, gotta love there, Personally I'd like to live somewhere in Asia...but heh...i think I might settle for the southern states because it's too bloody cold where I'm at.
edsgirl
Awesome, a gun thread! I happen to own a Beretta Stampede Inox Revolver ( 45 colt ) . I haven't had to use it, only at the range on occasion. And for non-us residents info, my gun was bought for the sole purpose of protecting myself after being attacked while I was pregnant with my son.
bryantq
I understand your reasoning when you have children in the house smile.gif, myself im single and dont have kids that can accidentally blow their fingers off, but incidentally i feel that proper gunsafety is dependant on its owner.

Recklessness causes accidents. When i have a child i definately wont be leaving my firearms in any place that they could have access to (i have a gun safe), as well as trigger locks, and i always keep my ammunition in a seperate location to boot smile.gif
edsgirl
I don't even keep it in the house wink.gif My father keeps it in his gun safe for me until I get one of my own, and my son is alot older. Safety is important to me as well, I would never leave that gun in the house with my son. For one thing he's only two, but I know how little boys can be when they grow up. smile.gif
bryantq
thats a pretty old fashioned gun ya got there edsgirl; i dont think i could ever get used to a revolver these days smile.gif

Even for the Colt ACP, id definately get some smithing done to the magazine ramp, to increase speed biggrin.gif id sit there with a revolver going clink clink clink and be long dead. lol
edsgirl
lol biggrin.gif I'm used to firing it now. I've become quite efficient with it. But, I do want a shotgun and another handgun, one that can fit in my purse. Just not sure what to get.
bryantq
depending on what kind of caliber you'd like and how much you'd want to spend. i'd really suggest a compact baby desert eagle.

you can get them in 9mm or .40S&W, and they hold 10+1 rounds, and are very small.

they're lightweight, but comfortable, easy to fire, and accurate. its why i have a .45 (tho it doesnt come in compact size). they run for about $300-$450 depending on your location and whether or not you buy from dealer or distributor.

IPB Image versus IPB Image versus IPB Image

thats compact, semi, and full

the main difference = barrel length and grip length.
Aqua_Alchemist
Not a big fan of guns myself (involves a incident with my friend's neck and a 0.9 BB gun lol.....) but they do look kewl (especially the desert eagle's, favourite weapon on CS lol), although I've promised never to own one myself ever (unless I'm called up for war or something). I'm happy with my rapier (and soon katana smile.gif) at the moment tongue.gif
hitokiri
i own 3 handguns; a hk usp tactical 9mm, a sig sauer p220, and a walther P99. i keep them strategically hidden around the apartment; one in the living room, one in the bathroom, and one in my room.

since i live with my best friend and her 1 year old, i came up with a solution that will work until the kid gets older... i keep the guns that aren't in my room in balsa wood boxes. its simple... just glue six pieces of balsa wood together and you have a box that can't be opened by small children, but can easily be smashed open in an instant.

my reason for owning handguns? the usp i bought when i was in college for personal protection after a series of break-ins and robberies in the neighborhood, and got hooked on it at the range. i bought the p220 because i was able to get tritium sights for it. but after firing a couple hundred rounds out of it at the range, i decided that while in an emergency situation it would handle well i prefered the usp as for the p99, this guy at the range had never had a chance to fire a usp tactical so we whiched guns for a session. i found that i prefer the grip of the p99 over that of any handgun i've ever fired... so i went out of got one.
alchemist x
I got a 22 rifle and handgun
also a 9 guage shot gun
and of course a pelit gun
ἀρχή
I don't own a gun, but I can certainly understand their appeal. I'm personally not a gun person, so I don't think I'll ever really get one even if there were reports of robberies, etc...

I am tempted sometimes to get a rifle and go on a shooting range. I probably never will, but it does appeal to me for some reason more than a handgun (my brother used to shoot when he was a kid).

What I hate are the idiots who don't understand the value of gun safety. It's those idiots that ruin a good hobby for responsible gun owners. Oh well, as long as none of those wackos live near me blink.gif
alchemist x
Has anyone shot a rocket launcher

I havent but my mom and dad has
Aqua_Alchemist
Has anyone shot a rocket launcher

I havent but my mom and dad has

Why would you need to? Unless you were in a war or something. They are completely illegal over most of the western world as well, even the USA.
hidden_death
pretty XD
red_rose
in england i dont think your allowed to own a gun no matter what age you are unless you use it for fox hunting, clay pigieon shooting or you are a trained policemen otherwise its against the law.
alchemist x
boy that sucks

Aqua: No reason but they are cool and they really don't have a kick to them and The explosion is the best part
edsgirl
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Feb 9 2005, 01:03 PM)
i own 3 handguns; a hk usp tactical 9mm, a sig sauer p220, and a walther P99. i keep them strategically hidden around the apartment; one in the living room, one in the bathroom, and one in my room.

since i live with my best friend and her 1 year old, i came up with a solution that will work until the kid gets older... i keep the guns that aren't in my room in balsa wood boxes. its simple... just glue four pieces of balsa wood together and you have a box that can't be opened by small children, but can easily be smashed open in an instant.

my reason for owning handguns? the usp i bought when i was in college for personal protection after a series of break-ins and robberies in the neighborhood, and got hooked on it at the range. i bought the p220 because i was able to get tritium sights for it. but after firing a couple hundred rounds out of it at the range, i decided that while in an emergency situation it would handle well i prefered  the usp as for the p99, this guy at the range had never had a chance to fire a usp tactical so we whiched guns for a session. i found that i prefer the grip of the p99 over that of any handgun i've ever fired... so i went out of got one.
[snapback]110056[/snapback]

Wow a a hk usp tactical 9mm, I wanted one of those, how much do they run? What kind of trigger does yours have?

@ Bryantq- thanks for the suggestion, I actually saw one of those baby desert eagles ( 9mm) at a shop today, around $350, not too bad.
Slashrose1010
I would love to buy a Mouser or an old Single-Action army. An M-16 would be sso awesome. I believe it is called an M-36 or 63 I think. It is a rocket launcher. But no, I am not old enough to own a gun.

I would also like to own a sword. If I were any good with Japanese steel I would make my own tongue.gif

An nice 6 shooter pistol like Vash's would be unbelievably cool... I so want one.

Hitokiri has guns... *Wets self in fear* If you yell at your mail assistant and get him fired for wrinkling your mail I wonder what you would do if you got your hands on LMD. laugh.gif
Foolio
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Feb 9 2005, 11:03 AM)
i own 3 handguns; a hk usp tactical 9mm, a sig sauer p220, and a walther P99.

i love you

unfortunatly im 16 so i cant legally own a gun :cry: but hell a sword or two will hold me off till im 21. i think then i would go with a usp or p99 myself and for nostalgia value find me a AB-10 (post ban tec-9)

(ps i have a gas mac11 AS gun. woohoo fun :crazy:)
Username05
I am a paintball kinda guy, I like being able to shoot people without a lawsuit! laugh.gif

http://www.888paintball.com/888product.asp...N+E+BLK&xt=srch

This is my gun... I also have a Tippman, but it is only for snipeing.

Where I live I can own a gun, I just don't...
Quistis88
Very nice, everyone (who owns guns). I wish I had a few handguns or pistols just for self-defense, perhaps even a sword or two. But as of now, I don't know where I can get my hands on guns where I live.
edsgirl
Don't worry Quis, I'll ship you some! Well, maybe not, i'm not sure if that's illegal, but I think you can buy them online.
Username05
Here in redneck country you can just go to wal-mart.
They have there own area. laugh.gif lol.
Slashrose1010
@User: Where do you live? Tennessee?

As for owning a gun: How old do you have to be in the US[SR] to own a gun? Is it 21? (How come you can join the army at 18 but can't get a gun 'till your 21, if that's the case? dry.gif )
Username05
Actually yeah, I do...
Slashrose1010
Nah uh... Are you serious? Can you answer my age question siince your red necked state are gun experts? (You guys have the 15 toothed farmers with the pitch fork stuck to the end of their shotguns laugh.gif, JK with yah)
Quistis88
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Feb 9 2005, 05:46 PM)
Don't worry Quis, I'll ship you some! Well, maybe not, i'm not sure if that's illegal, but I think you can buy them online.
[snapback]110287[/snapback]

That's true. But if I am going to buy firearms, I'd much prefer to do it in person instead of online. smile.gif
Username05
lol, It isn't as bad as the stereo types, but there are people like that, the leagal gun age is 13, and most people have an accent. (I hate it when people ask me to speak when visiting relatives in the north... mad.gif )
edsgirl
I would too, I brought my dad with me just too make sure things would go smooth. Is there alot of hunting in Canadia? I thought with all the wilderness around, there should be some kind of gun shop.
Slashrose1010
@User: lol, only 13 down there? I should look up how old it is in PA biggrin.gif I might get some when I am old enough. Just for aesthetics, not for killing things... unless provoked.
Quistis88
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Feb 9 2005, 06:00 PM)
I would too, I brought my dad with me just too make sure things would go smooth. Is there alot of hunting in Canadia? I thought with all the wilderness around, there should be some kind of gun shop.
[snapback]110308[/snapback]

Yes, there's a lot of hunting here, I suppose. About 3 friends' fathers out of 5 hunt during hunting season. I'm quite certain there are gun shops around, but I don't really know where to start looking, nor do I have the time yet.
Username05
Oh, and I forgot, you can get like a permit on guns when you are like 10, but you have to have a parent with you and the gun has to be in a safe, the parent is supposed to be the only one with the combinashion. My friends father has an M16 in his gun safe, it is so freakin cool!

My friends father gose up to Canada for Moose hunting every year.
Slashrose1010
I could never hunt. I respect anything living... Except parasites so I don't respect all humans dry.gif. I don't see what is the point in hunting. How is it dangerous. You go in a mountain with a rifle standing back like 30 feet and shoot an animal. Pointless and a waste of life. I would just keep the guns for the looks.

@User: M16, nice. Put some rounds in that and start shooting your friend. I promise you it will be fun biggrin.gif
Foolio
it goes from 13 to 21 by moving one state up? go figure...
Username05
I don't know, I have friends who have there hunting lisences, and plenty of guns, mostly shotguns.
Foolio
yeah KY blows ass, we cant even get firecrackers...assholes...
Thievesvinegar
unfortunately, still underaged...I think. But i find it useless when people excessively depend on a gun. Know a guy who's obsessed with them and we 'sparred' when i brought that point up. Three out of five times i knocked it out of his hands even before he could point it directly at me. Hah. Pretty good chances i'd say. Paintballing is another story, stuff hurts when hit. If anyone's done it, what's airsoft like compared to it? Same thing but not as messy?
xrninja
i have a katana, a bo staff, nunchaku, and a bb gun. tongue.gif
Mike
I have an Undertow reverse blade katana. My parents got it for my B'day.
(biggrin.gif they know i'm responsible)
I havent got a pic of me with it but I found a pic of it on the net.
IPB Image
Username05
QUOTE(Foolio @ Feb 9 2005, 09:16 PM)
yeah KY blows ass, we cant even get firecrackers...assholes...
[snapback]110509[/snapback]

Thats funny because there isn't any laws against fireworks!
As a kid we used to walk down to a tent they set up the week befor the 4th of July
and buy tones of them and launch them off when ever we felt like it. We blew up alot of actionfigures, and we would make battle fields and bury the fire works, and set army men on top of them and have a little war! It was awsome! I still have a big bucket filled with army men taped to the top of mm18's (mm18's are like little sticks of dynomite.)
hitokiri
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Feb 9 2005, 11:35 PM)
unfortunately, still underaged...I think. But i find it useless when people excessively depend on a gun. Know a guy who's obsessed with them and we 'sparred' when i brought that point up. Three out of five times i knocked it out of his hands even before he could point it directly at me. Hah. Pretty good chances i'd say. 
[snapback]110517[/snapback]

you're completely correct, a handgun is highly ineffective at a range of under 15 feet. thats when a dagger is supposed to be used. but at 15 feet and over there is almost no chance of anyone that is not trained in putting forth a sudden burst of speed (ex. sprinters, running backs, etc) being able to reach a person properly trained in the use of their firearm.

though certain techniques can be used to make close quarters handgun usage effective. first off aim for the stomach instead of the chest or head. at that range even a 9mm would result in near instant shock from destruction of the intestinal track. second, use the cia 3 step firing method; take a step back, fire, take another step while taking a knee, fire, stand back up while moving backwards once more, fire. the result is one dead attacker. finally if the attacker is close enough to start with use the handgun as a blunt weapon to buy yourself distance and time, then unload a clip into him.
Bling_bling_Angel
Hrmmm... weapons? I was supposed to get a katana and wakizashi set for my 17th birthday, but it didn't happen... sleep.gif... I've only got a wooden bokutou... *feels deprived*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.