Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Final Fantasy Xii
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Mike
I'm surprised no one has put up a thread for the upcoming (well not really soon)
FF12.
Quistis88
It's because no one has played it yet, so we don't really have anything to say.

Regardless, I think I will be getting FFXII.
Slashrose1010
I used to reserach FF7:AC and FF12 back at the end of eith grade. I remember this.

The maine chracter's name is Vaine (I think). He meets a girl named Ashe who was supposed to get married to some silver-haired pretty boy but he is killed. Her father shortly dies also. She is the daughter of the the Royal Family. Vaine is just a common thief or mechanic or something... or was it pirate. Anywho, Vaine's brother is on the opposition I think. It is more of a Realt-Time gaming system. Chocobos are mainly for transportation. It is not a traditional love story like FF7 or FF10. The love between Vaine and Ashe is more like a very close bonded friendship. Ashe appears with her fiance's sword in the game so I guess she took it after he died.

That is mostly what I can recall. You can research it more thoroughly now probably. Square might have released more screens, story etc.

@Quis: It looks good. I will probably buy it the same month it comes out.
Aqua_Alchemist
Vaine

LOL, from the screenshots you can clearly see he is 'vain' but i do believe his name is 'Van' however. That is a little blunt, though. It would be a bit of a joke if he was called 'Vaine' however, SE admitting to their clean cut 'vain and beautiful' heroes of recent FFs.
Apple Juice
I won't be picking this up. I stopped at FFVI.
Slashrose1010
Whatever his name is who cares. tongue.gif Ugh, I hate how he looks. He looks WAY too feminine. He looks like a girled up version of Tidus, who looked real cool.

I think they are brining back classes. I am not sure on that (I love the class system). It takes place in the same world as Tactics I beleive. They also got rid of the break screen (When you enter a battle the screen shatters), instead they will just run into monsters. There will also be no more victory poses sad.gif The gameplay will then be smoother... but I like the celebrations after a battle.
Ryuji1314
his name is actually Vaan and well I think tha rabbit chick looks sweet, a little werid but cool. I think it's gonna be way different but it's gonna be good
Quistis88
Yes, his name is Vaan. And he has a girlfriend. And she's not Ashe. biggrin.gif
Slashrose1010
My bad everybody. I haven't read a FF12 article in months. Again, the relationship between Ashe and Vaan is a friendship, nothing sexual. A change of pace from the rest of the games.
Ryuji1314
Ashe is the princess or something like that... there's another girl I can't remember what her name is that he likes or whatever
Mike
I reckon Blaflear the dude with the shotgun is the coolest.
And the other girls name is Penelo but I don't know what role she'll play. I think it's like one of Vaans gang friends.
definingmind
Yeah, Blaflear looks to be one of the coolest characters in the game so far. I'm so glad that Square has decided to go back to the dark looking Final Fantasies, I was getting kind of sick of games like FF X and X-2.
I've seen the E3 trailer to the game, and it looks like it's definitally going to be worth picking up. I know that the same team that worked on FFT/Vagrant Story/FFTA is working on this and so far they seem to be hitting the mark. The battle system (from what I've seen in the video) appears to be turned based. I'll do some more research on it later...
As for cinematics and story, one word sums it up for me right now; wow. I mean I've only seen the E3 trailer, but knowing what they've produced in the past, I don't think the team will dissapoint.

So has anyone heard a releae date on this sweet game yet? I'm anxious to get my hands on it, even though I still don't own a PS2.
Bling_bling_Angel
Darling, I like X and X-2!!! dry.gif!!! I kinda noticed it was pretty much 'girly' based, though... :" I mean, all that dressing up? Heck, a fashion desinger's dream rpg... laugh.gif!

I've seen the new XII... it's pretty tight... Vann looks like a combination of Tidus and Cloud...
Quistis88
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Feb 10 2005, 01:15 AM)
Darling, I like X and X-2!!! dry.gif!!! I kinda noticed it was pretty much 'girly' based, though... :" I mean, all that dressing up? Heck, a fashion desinger's dream rpg... laugh.gif!
[snapback]110600[/snapback]

I still don't see why you like those two games. mellow.gif So much fanservice.
Bling_bling_Angel
Ah, the music and the costumes got to me... laugh.gif
Quistis88
The music? ph34r.gif Barely a handful of songs were good in both games (though not combined). Unless you like the genre they used in X-2. mellow.gif smile.gif
Ryuji1314
actually the battle-system is going to be really weird, it's not going to be turn based I don' think, it's gonna be free control where you run around and hack and slash, but other monsters join the battle if you run near them... I'll also see if I can find some other stuff on it. I have the trailer for it and wow I think it looks really good. So far I think that a lot of the characters look really cool
Slashrose1010
I like Otherworld and some of the songs (heck ALL of the ones in FFx-2) were too emo. I liked X but not X-2. The cinematics are great and I liked the story. I don't see why other people don't huh.gif I thought the sphere grid was kinda stupid though. I don't like the dress spheres either. I like classes better smile.gif Hopefully they will bring back the Class System. I want to be a Geomancer SO badly.
Quistis88
Classes are awesome. I also heard somewhere that the battle system in XII will be a little similar to the one in X-2 in efficiency. Now, I've never played X-2, and probably never will, but I have heard that the battle system they used in that one was pretty good.
Slashrose1010
It's pretty good but it is a little hard to get back into it if you haven't played for awhile. The dress spheres were just annoying in my opinion. You could change in mad-battle. I don't know wether to think of that as a good or a bad thing. I heard the FF12 battle system is going to be similar to FFX2 in the aspect that it will be faster moving and non-turnbase.
Quistis88
This:

QUOTE(definingmind @ Feb 9 2005, 11:09 PM)
The battle system (from what I've seen in the video) appears to be turned based.
[snapback]110558[/snapback]

contradicts this:

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Feb 10 2005, 03:21 PM)
I heard the FF12 battle system is going to be similar to FFX2 in the aspect that it will be faster moving and non-turnbase.
[snapback]110913[/snapback]

Now I don't know what to believe. I guess I'll go take another look at some screenshots when I have time.
Slashrose1010
@Zidane: I'm pretty sure it's not turnbase. I read it in an article. That was a while ago though so I don't know if they updated. I heard it will be much more like KH battle system. There will be no victory poses or breaking the screen like glass when you enter a battle. It will be much more smooth to give you the feeling that it is constant game play.
Quistis88
They're making it more like KH? Ugh. Platform RPGs don't really appeal to me all that much. Too much button-mashing involved, so that even a moron can get at least half-way through the game in terms of battles. But FF has always been turn-based. It would just seem so different if they got rid of that altogether.
Slashrose1010
I liked KH's battle system and button mashing is hard laugh.gif It gives you a sense of more of a real battle since you have to be quick, resourceful and accurate in stringing combos and such. I like turnbase too but it's been done for sooo long, especially with FF. I wouldn't mind either.

(About that moron comment. My bro got pretty far tongue.gif)
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Feb 10 2005, 03:13 PM)
I like Otherworld and some of the songs (heck ALL of the ones in FFx-2) were too emo. I liked X but not X-2. The cinematics are great and I liked the story. I don't see why other people don't huh.gif I thought the sphere grid was kinda stupid though. I don't like the dress spheres either. I like classes better smile.gif Hopefully they will bring back the Class System. I want to be a Geomancer SO badly.
[snapback]110899[/snapback]

Suteki Da Ne was my favorite song from X...
phoenix dying
OMFg FFX was one of the best. <--- Woot to auron (the best character in that game)
Otherworld is my favorate song too, woot!
Ryuji1314
QUOTE(phoenix alchemist @ Feb 11 2005, 08:54 PM)
OMFg FFX was one of the best. <--- Woot to auron (the best character in that game)
Otherworld is my favorate song too, woot!
[snapback]112170[/snapback]

yes yes yes, you have done a great job of stating something very obvious to most of us...
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(phoenix alchemist @ Feb 11 2005, 09:54 PM)

I suppose it is one of my faves but I haven't played six and below. Tactics was definitely one of my faves. (The only one with Geomancy I ever played) And 7 and 8 are better story wise compared to X. I wouldn't say it is the best because of Auron though dry.gif But I do like Auron smile.gif
phoenix dying
Tactics wasn't bad, the lancer class is my favorate.
(Cid is practically an unbeatiable character, great dude)
Ryuji1314
for me in tactics, I would go with the ninja, I had Ramza at level 100 ninja all ultimate equipment. He was freaking awesome like that, especially with the double sword ability! And then add his two best swords and well you have a good fight against the hardest battle in the game (which is against a lot of strong dragons and this god-like guy)
Bling_bling_Angel
In general, I think FF games are the best... mellow.gif Hands down!
Ryuji1314
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Feb 19 2005, 08:28 PM)
[snapback]117723[/snapback]

Bling Bling Angel, if you're a girl, I love you and if you're a guy then well you're one of the better guys. I always agree on these things. FF is the best!
Quistis88
What's "best" is always relative.

But yes, I think I'll love FF forever. Unless they keep pulling stuff out of their imagination like FFX-2. Were the game designers on crack?
Ryuji1314
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Feb 20 2005, 08:25 AM)
What's "best" is always relative.

But yes, I think I'll love FF forever.  Unless they keep pulling stuff out of their imagination like FFX-2.  Were the game designers on crack?
[snapback]117910[/snapback]

yeah i agree, and yes I think they were, or maybe they went for too much of a damn change!
Quistis88
FFX-2 just made a horrible impression on me. Not only did they change composers, but they managed to ruin the chocobo theme as well. Then again, perhaps it's good that Nobuo Uematsu didn't get this one. He seems to be running out of musical ideas and I would hate to have to associate him with that game.

Furthermore, it looks like Tetsuya Nomura might have went a little fashion-happy. Maybe he's a closet designer. Who knows? Here's hoping he only contributed to less than 100% of those outfits.
Ryuji1314
only one word can say what X-2 is and that is horrible. I think they might've rushed it or something else but it was pathetic and it was more of a fashion like game then an RPG at that point. I mean they probably put a lot into those damn costumes and they were still horrible... the thought of it sickens me...
Quistis88
Personally, I think FFX-2 is an insult to the series. No offense to those of you who think otherwise.
Ryuji1314
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Feb 20 2005, 08:45 AM)
Personally, I think FFX-2 is an insult to the series.  No offense to those of you who think otherwise.
[snapback]117933[/snapback]

I must agree with you again, Quistis. They should have never made it, but 12 actually looks really good so far, let's hope they don't screw anything up like in X-2
Slashrose1010
I know a lot of people didn't like FFX but I did. Though, I think FFX-2's story was just terrible. I think they should;ve just left FFX alone. The ending of that game was fine and gave it closure. In FFX-2 they tried ressurecting him via Shuyin (btw, he is the only good aspect of the game). The whole "plot" about them going back over a thousand years and it was destiny that they met was just so corney... almost as corney as some of the dubbed Yugioh speeches by Yami XD
Quistis88
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Feb 20 2005, 02:01 PM)
I know a lot of people didn't like FFX but I did. Though, I think FFX-2's story was just terrible. I think they should;ve just left FFX alone. The ending of that game was fine and gave it closure. In FFX-2 they tried ressurecting him via Shuyin (btw, he is the only good aspect of the game). The whole "plot" about them going back over a thousand years and it was destiny that they met was just so corney... almost as corney as some of the dubbed Yugioh speeches by Yami XD
[snapback]118163[/snapback]

I hated that. I liked the ending to FFX though, because we get to find that [spoiler]Tidus was just a whiny figment of someone's imagination. Yay. No, I didn't like Tidus.[/spoiler]
definingmind
[quote=Quistis88,Feb 20 2005, 10:55 PM]
[/quote]
I hated that. I liked the ending to FFX though, because we get to find that [spoiler]Tidus was just a whiny figment of someone's imagination. Yay. No, I didn't like Tidus.[/spoiler]
[snapback]118753[/snapback]

[/quote]

Yeah, I'll have to agree with ya about Tidus there Quistis, a bit too whiny for my tastes. We need some main heros like Edgar or Locke! Of course, they weren't even the main charas of FFVI, but still fine examples of main chara material.
Of course the flipside I guess is that Tidus was a new direction for Square's heros unsure.gif And as much I didn't like FFX, I did think the ending to it was quite sad...
phoenix dying
^As said before, FFX-2 was a total embarrassment to the whole FF series.

Tidus's character was too whiny for my likeing too. But other than that FFX was a great game. happy.gif
Ryuji1314
that's true. Tidus annoyed me, but i only liked him cause he was good at Blitzball and I loved that...
Mike
umm isn't there an ffx thread where you can discuss this?
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(Ryuji1314 @ Feb 20 2005, 09:16 AM)
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Feb 19 2005, 08:28 PM)
[snapback]117723[/snapback]

Bling Bling Angel, if you're a girl, I love you and if you're a guy then well you're one of the better guys. I always agree on these things. FF is the best!
[snapback]117901[/snapback]

Of course I'm a girl, you prat... dry.gif!!!

But yeah... Tidus was a whiny son of a <censored>... okay, so he was cute. But cute and whiny? Pfft, it don't make the cut, sorry... rolleyes.gif I mean, damn! He whines more than I do... so that's really saying something! ph34r.gif!
Ryuji1314
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Feb 25 2005, 11:26 PM)
Of course I'm a girl, you prat... dry.gif!!!

But yeah... Tidus was a whiny son of a <censored>... okay, so he was cute. But cute and whiny? Pfft, it don't make the cut, sorry... rolleyes.gif I mean, damn! He whines more than I do... so that's really saying something! ph34r.gif!
[snapback]121885[/snapback]

I was just guessing, but yeah Tidus was really whiny and everything like that...
Mike
I made this thread to talk about FFXII, but if you're going to talk about FFX go find a previously made thread on FFX or start a tidus hating thread.
Bling_bling_Angel
*holds hands up* Woo, don't hate now, Mike... happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.