Full Version: Halo & Halo 2
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2, 3
rsF
'Nuff said.
Ailuro
Amen. x3
Kakashi
A whole line up at the Future Shop near my place wow... I shall get my hands on that game and kill the convenant YET AGAIN.
sc_inuyasha
dude... u guys know if u just line up at target there will only be four ppl standing there like wat happened with me lol^^ i own all my friends! hahahhahaha!!!!!
FullMetalAlchemistBabe
AWSOME game!It is SOOO cool! cool.gif
Cloud28
QUOTE(Kakashi @ Nov 9 2004, 06:45 PM)
A whole line up at the Future Shop near my place wow...  I shall get my hands on that game and kill the convenant YET AGAIN.

well, nice to see another fellow canadian ! laugh.gif
[FullMetalAlchemist]
I don't have a Xbox, so i haven't played Halo 2 yet.
Kisho
I was skeptical at first. I mean I thought Halo 2 was going to suffer like Halo 1. But suprisingly, Halo 2 was quite enjoyable for a few hours until it got boring >_>;;

But it seems like a mediocre FPS thats kind of worth playing.
RoyxRiza BigFan
nyahahahah i bought the limited edition console set..but damn...didn't came with an addtional controller and dvd remote >___<
Cloud28
i have to admit that halo2 was a good game, but its too much overrated, i still prefer doom3 better. dry.gif
bryantq
Pshaa! Half life 2 just came out, that beats everything smile.gif
Cloud28
u say wa"?, half life 2 is out????, omg omg i didn't know, lol
Shinigami
It's maybe a bit to much overhyped but it's still a great game. Like everything really never get caught up in the hype of games ect or your only gonna get dissapointed.
Haroken
Halo 2 is fun. A bit better than the first but not too much different.

AND TEH HALFLIFE2 is out OMG!!
Kakashi Sensei
halo 2 is my favortie game right now... all i do is play it Livem that is the best feature int he entire game i think, and the actual missions are enjoyable as well, if anyone wants a match against me.. u know where to find me...
Gamertag: CalledKenshin
Doom3 is mediocre. Nice flashy graphics but just a shoot-em-up in a "Haunted House" carnival.

Halo2 still has the immersiveness of being the sole hero vs the alien freaks.

Halo 2 >> Doom3

Then of course.... Half-Life 2 p0wns them all!!!

HL2 >> Halo 2

Therefore HL2 >>>>>>>>>>>> Doom3 laugh.gif
Skillz
Great Game. Ending sux though.
gundamjcr
halo 2 is really fun on if the campaign was longer mad.gif
darkangelslayer
PS2 ALL THE WAY!! GO KINGDOM HEARTS AND KINGDOM HEARTS 2!!!!!!!!!
batou
Halo 2 is my fav right now. I am usually on Live(Gamertag: SuperDiesel) but I am waiting to play Half-life 2 and Star Wars: Knigts of the Old Republic 2:The Sith Lords(say that three times fast)
Shadow Alchemist
*thinks Cloud28's sig rocks*

IMO, I think that the multiplayer in Halo was better, but maybe that's because I haven't gotten together with 15 other people on Halo 2 yet... tongue.gif

Campaign (sp?) was too short, but I enjoyed it overall. The Flood are still as annoying as ever (HELP! FLOOD EATING BRAIN!), and the strange thing going on with the Covenant is also annoying. I liked playing as MC better.

Now, if I can just get my hands on an Ethernet cable...

*runs off to nearest game store*
Blade42
QUOTE(darkangelslayer @ Dec 2 2004, 05:25 PM)
PS2 ALL THE WAY!! GO KINGDOM HEARTS AND KINGDOM HEARTS 2!!!!!!!!!

Yeah!!! Ps2!!..but, KH and KH2 aren't the only good games, there's like a million others, like Berserk, even though it's only in Japaneese.....But, Halo is ok I guess.
Cloud28
QUOTE(Shadow Alchemist @ Dec 6 2004, 04:00 PM)
*thinks Cloud28's sig rocks*

IMO, I think that the multiplayer in Halo was better, but maybe that's because I haven't gotten together with 15 other people on Halo 2 yet...  tongue.gif

Campaign (sp?) was too short, but I enjoyed it overall. The Flood are still as annoying as ever (HELP! FLOOD EATING BRAIN!), and the strange thing going on with the Covenant is also annoying. I liked playing as MC better.

Now, if I can just get my hands on an Ethernet cable...

*runs off to nearest game store*

thanks for the compliment lol . laugh.gif

i don't really like halo 2...don't know why i just think its way overated...

ph34r.gif
Blade42
Nice way to put it, it's definatley overated
Cloud28
Doom 3 was so underated...and so is half life 2.. dry.gif
Blade42
yeah..espeacially Half Life 2..I used the Super Gravitational Gun cheat....it's just...so ....awesome.
Shadow Alchemist
Yeah. Half-Life 2...

...*kicks comp for sucking*

WHY DO YOU SUCK? WHHHHHHHHHHHHY?

Yeah. I guess Halo 2 is overhyped, but after the success of the first one, what did you expect? happy.gif

Anyone here watch Red vs. Blue?

And yes, KH:CoM and KH2 will ROCK! *w00ts*
hitokiri
halo 2 was a crapfest for me... played it and beat it...got bored went back to MSG3. i mean who the hell cares about being the arbitor.... best game out this year? GTA: san andreas. any game where i can kill hookers AND get cornrolls, now thats my kinda game
Blade42
the only fun thing in halo 2 is the multiplayer mode. for any game like that, it's the best mode for it. Do you mean Metal Gear Solid? because that game is awesome.
LordGohan
I was just playing H2,its okay(thats alot coming from a first person shooter hater) biggrin.gif
Blade42
you hate first person shooting? I love first person shooting, but this game still isn't all that great.
Shadow Alchemist
What a crappy ending.

mad.gif STUPID CLIFFHANGER! *kicks*
Cloud28
i didn't like halo much either(becz it didn't work well on my video card....) i had to play on 640X400 and low detail settings when i had a geforce fx 5700 LE.... sad.gif
Slashrose1010
I know Halo is old and there is a new one out but I just got an Xbox. I didn't really see what the big fuss was about. I do love the game but the story was... well there wasn't much of a story. And YES I did beat the game before all you hardcore Halo fans send nukes at my house. It was just basically the covenant and the flood. How the flood eats everything. Halo could destroy everything, Yadda yadda yadda. If you want a game for the story you should get a FF or MGS game. But yes i will get Halo 2.
DarkWarrior
Halo2 was awsome! I thought it was too short though sad.gif Yeah and I agree, I like multiplayer on halo better... maybe because we had choices between huge maps. medium maps and small maps, as in halo2, all maps are... huge o.o

I never like fps until i played halo. biggrin.gif
DarkWarrior
i liked the story in halo... better than halo2.

and i hate rpgs... so much.

anyway have u played halo multiplayer? it's quite fun smile.gif
Slashrose1010
I haven't had a chance yet but yeah it looks fun. There weren't a lot of cut scenes or a lot of talking. They didn't elaborate the plot that I would've liked it too. I did get the whole story but there wasn't too much to it and it was quite predictable.
DarkWarrior
Actually the whole flood thing was quite a twist. When my bro and sis first played it (we usually dont play fps) they were scared of facing the floods. tongue.gif But yeah it's halo... it's not an rpg so you can't expect that much from the story.
RoyxRiza BigFan
i am currently stuck at the part where i have to ensure the hostages don't get killed in line of fire..but that captain AI is really too much by being gung ho and getting himself shot mad.gif
RoyxRiza BigFan
halo is more fun with friends to challenge i believe smile.gif
Zio
I beat the game a long time ago, and I have moved on to Halo 2, which I have also beaten.

Basically, Halo is a case of come for the single player, stay for the multiplayer.
Zio
Halo 2 is fun to play with friends, unless they are the kind that start yelling in your ear everytime you kill them. Either that or they don't present a challenge to me.
RoyxRiza BigFan
oh i thought it was towards the official challenges especially those big time gaming competitions with a lot of prize money being awarded..(15 000 dollars is a lot of $$$ ph34r.gif ) that is really a good match...i tried participating in a dead or alive tournament once..but the opponents were really good sad.gif
RoyxRiza BigFan
anyone knows how to get through the alien armada without getting your hostages kill in story mode, i put it in normal mode and that captain of the team tries to act to rambo and get himself killed, making me restart from my last position again... mad.gif
Zio
QUOTE(RoyxRiza BigFan @ Dec 14 2004, 09:12 AM)
anyone knows how to get through the alien armada without getting your hostages kill in story mode, i put it in normal mode and that captain of the team tries to act to rambo and get himself killed, making me restart from my last position again... mad.gif

Have you tried going Rambo yourself? Just take out the most threating Covenant, like the Sword Elites. Save the grunts for Gun-Ho Keyes.
Aqua_Alchemist
Halo 2 didn't explain anything properly. Why did cortana stay behind if the ship didn't even crash on Halo 5, it would have to be detonated remotely anyway......

Also what was with that gravemind dude, what's his connection with the flood. I'm disappointed it didn't really explain anything.
Le Monkey
where do you go
when you are after the captin and then you see the video and then all those critters come after you and it says escape,
i got to the lift and then it falls down infront of me in bits, what do i do now???, im confused!! blink.gif  wacko.gif
Slash
Ugh... I hated that part. When you first encounter the flood. I looked up a walkthrough and it was so vague. It took me forever. I think you have to take an alternative route than the one you came through. Sorry, I don't know the exact route. I haven't played that game (single player) in a long time. Try to look up a walkthrough. smile.gif
Quistis88
I've merged all HALO threads.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Jan 17 2005, 05:20 PM)
I've merged all HALO threads.

i was wondering wher mine went. Thanks quis.

i finaly beat the game last night, without dieing on normal. YAY!!
im so happy, now i can have more room on my pc when halo goes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.