Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Nina Song
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Music > FMA-1 Anime Music
Pages: 1, 2
raindragon
I'm new to these boards, so please be nice...

I'm actually pretty new to FMA in general, having stumbled across it late one night in December, when they were showing episode 7...the one where we learn Nina's fate. And it was just so...heart-wrenching that I went and found the whole series, and watched it, and loved it.

But it's Nina and what became of her that I still considered the...either emotional high-point or crowning sucker-punch, depending on your point of view. Anyway, I was moved by that most of all.

So, I wrote this song about her.

Click here to listen--it's short. unsure.gif

I really hope this doesn't come off as using this board for self-promotion. I just needed to share--I've played it live, to general appreciation, but you folks know what I'm singing about more than people in a coffee shop will, by definition. rolleyes.gif

I hope you enjoy.
Kitoky
ohmy.gif

I like it!

I really do!

You're a great musician!
hidden_death
pretty good happy.gif no really it is XD
Yukina_Raven
.... o_o Wow. That's... really awesome! AMAZING! Great job! I'm totally in love with this song! Seriosuly! XD
raindragon
QUOTE(Yukina_Raven @ Feb 7 2005, 05:04 PM)
.... o_o Wow. That's... really awesome! AMAZING! Great job! I'm totally in love with this song! Seriosuly! XD
[snapback]108610[/snapback]

That's especially nice given how much I like the song in your .sig file. Which goes oddly well with the picture, too--I never connected Green Day and FMA until this moment. cool.gif
Ryuu
Oh my, it was SO great! Wonderful! Have you done more songs like this?
Kitoky
Fandom is reaching it's peak XD
Tobu Ishi
And here's my idea of a compliment; that song is now in my FMA playlist alongside the orchestral pieces and official Op and Ed songs. Well done. : )
raindragon
QUOTE(Ryuu @ Feb 8 2005, 10:01 AM)
Oh my, it was SO great! Wonderful! Have you done more songs like this?
[snapback]109087[/snapback]

Thank you! laugh.gif

I'm working on a CD, so I've got a bunch of other songs, but...I think this one is the prettiest. And the saddest. Just goes to show you, great stories inspire people.
Tobu Ishi
Just as an added footnote; somehow I ended up with this song on repeat, and it's physically depressing. After a few runs through, I wanted to cry. I had to change songs to cheer up.

That's meant in the best of ways. This song grows on you. And it rocks. I just wouldn't recommend listening to it on a bad day. happy.gif
Yukina_Raven
QUOTE(raindragon @ Feb 7 2005, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE(Yukina_Raven @ Feb 7 2005, 05:04 PM)
[snapback]108610[/snapback]

That's especially nice given how much I like the song in your .sig file. Which goes oddly well with the picture, too--I never connected Green Day and FMA until this moment. cool.gif
[snapback]108747[/snapback]

Hahaha! Yeah, I didn't connect it either until I saw this picture. Glad you like, that's quite a compliment from a musical genius. happy.gif FYI: I was listening this song of yours the other day and my mom comes in, wondering what that "pretty song" was from. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Tobu Ishi @ Feb 8 2005, 09:16 PM)
And here's my idea of a compliment; that song is now in my FMA playlist alongside the orchestral pieces and official Op and Ed songs.  Well done.  : )
[snapback]109668[/snapback]

Just as an added footnote; somehow I ended up with this song on repeat, and it's physically depressing.  After a few runs through, I wanted to cry.  I had to change songs to cheer up.

That's meant in the best of ways.  This song grows on you.  And it rocks.  I just wouldn't recommend listening to it on a bad day.  happy.gif
[snapback]110348[/snapback]

I added it to my FMA playlist too! laugh.gif And I agree, the song really brings you to tears. Not to self: Don't listen to it after watching the Nina episodes. I seriously teared up.
Hikari no Hohenheim
May you post the lyrics, please? I'm not very good at listening english songs >_<
VERY cool, my oppinion.
raindragon
QUOTE(Hikari no Hohenheim @ Feb 15 2005, 02:19 AM)
May you post the lyrics, please? I'm not very good at listening english songs >_<
VERY cool, my oppinion.
[snapback]114048[/snapback]

Happy to. biggrin.gif

It's snowing
Let's play outside, let's make angels
I promise we'll come back to play
I promise we'll come back some day

And I wonder
What does it mean to say brother
Seated on cold metal shoulders
I love you is all I can say

Nina
Somewhere inside it's still Nina

Drawings
To show me the way that you're feeling
Asleep on the floor in the evening
Alive at the end of the day

Good morning
Remember to blow out the candles
There's a look in his eyes I can't handle
Rose petals all blown away

Nina
I won't let them take you away

Nina
Nina I don't want to say
Goodbye
Goodbye, goodbye
Nina.
Hikari no Hohenheim
I'm crying. Badly...

BTW, my I post it on an spanish FMA forum? Please?
Kaji_Renkinjutsu
I wish I could write songs.

Bleh...and draw...and a few other things. I love your song!

QUOTE(Kaji_Renkinjutsu @ Feb 16 2005, 10:18 PM)
I wish I could write songs.

Bleh...and draw...and a few other things. I love your song!
[snapback]115703[/snapback]

-listens to song three more times-
raindragon
QUOTE(Hikari no Hohenheim @ Feb 16 2005, 05:32 PM)
I'm crying. Badly...

BTW, my I post it on an spanish FMA forum? Please?
[snapback]115161[/snapback]

Of course. biggrin.gif

I've put up another version of the song--it's almost identical, but the guitar's recorded a little better, a little more cleanly.

I'm proud of having made a few strangers cry, and honored that people like the song. Thank you. smile.gif
Kaji_Renkinjutsu
I love your song...happy.gif;;
Pan_Pan_Chan
yeah...it's very well written. I'm crying too....it's very melancholy.
Hex-Sama
@raindragon: ohmy.gif Your such a good singer. Superb lyrics and tune biggrin.gif . You say you have a CD coming out huh.gif ? I'd like to buy a copy of it smile.gif . Do you have your own studio, or sound recording equipment? It has the same quality sound of a song I might hear on the radio. Speaking of radio, your song should be on the radio, because it's so good cool.gif . I'm telling my friends about your song, and I know for sure that they'll want a copy of that CD too wink.gif .
raindragon
QUOTE(Hex-Sama @ Feb 21 2005, 04:15 AM)
@raindragon: You say you have a CD coming out huh.gif ? I'd like to buy a copy of it smile.gif

Well, when I finish, which should be pretty soon, I'll mention it in this thread. smile.gif

Do you have your own studio, or sound recording equipment? It has the same quality sound of a song I might hear on the radio.

I think a qualified studio engineer would immediately be able to tell the difference. tongue.gif But one thing I love about this here era we live in is, if you have a computer, a decent microphone and a piece of computer editing software (I use Cool Edit), you can make recordings at home that are pretty polished and listenable.
eerabbit
wow..thats really nice x] waa..makes me sad
raindragon
Okay. Um, hi again!

I said I'd mention it here when I finished my CD, and I did a while ago, but I wanted to get a web page and stuff up before I started talking about it in places like this, so I've been busy.

But...my music site is up now. With all the CD tracks I did, including my song about poor Nina Tucker.

(I put it last on the CD, because...well...because. You just can't follow that.)

Sorry again for coming off as self-promoting! But people did ask, earlier in this thread. unsure.gif

The CD version of "Still Nina" is pretty much the same as the one I posted here originally, though I rerecorded it to try and get a cleaner guitar sound.

I also posted this other version I did later, which has two guitars and drums and stuff and sounds more rock and roll. Which this song really shouldn't (a friend of mine is adamant about this; she chided me that Nina should not have rock songs being sung about her, and she's right), but it was just an experiment. Really I think the CD version is the definitive one, with just voice and guitar. Although in my dreams, the song has a cello in it.

Anyway--that's all, and I hope you enjoy. *relurk* ph34r.gif
Hex-Sama
@raindragon: I think the rock & roll version of "Still Nina" sounds good. You have so many wonderful songs happy.gif . Now, please excuse me while I check out your site some more laugh.gif .
D. C. Simpson?

blink.gif

*fangirl huggles you*
Bubbles
that was absolutely beatuiful, i love the lyrics. made me cry several times...

poor nina....

as a vocal minor, i've been working with this song a bit (i hope you don't mind) adding a bit of movement to the notes and changing a few to work better with the chords. I really hope you don't mind. I think the melody has beautiful potential. Just a slight bit repetitive. I still love it though, I wouldn't be working with it if I wasn't biggrin.gif *huggles you*
raindragon
QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 1 2005, 07:31 PM)
D. C. Simpson?

blink.gif

*fangirl huggles you*
[snapback]183762[/snapback]

At your service. Aw...I never get recognized, like, at the store. laugh.gif

QUOTE(Bubbles @ Jun 1 2005, 09:49 PM)
that was absolutely beatuiful, i love the lyrics. made me cry several times...

poor nina....

as a vocal minor, i've been working with this song a bit (i hope you don't mind) adding a bit of movement to the notes and changing a few to work better with the chords. I really hope you don't mind. I think the melody has beautiful potential. Just a slight bit repetitive. I still love it though, I wouldn't be working with it if I wasn't biggrin.gif *huggles you*
[snapback]183833[/snapback]

Oh, I'd be happy to hear/see what you come up with!
Bubbles
i will try do do a recording sometime tomorrow for you. mind you, not much changed, just a little movement added. biggrin.gif
raindragon
QUOTE(Bubbles @ Jun 1 2005, 10:24 PM)
i will try do do a recording sometime tomorrow for you. mind you, not much changed, just a little movement added. biggrin.gif
[snapback]183855[/snapback]

If it helps, the chords are pretty simple.

Intro: Em7, Cadd2, Em7, Cadd2

Pretty much the whole rest of the song: Gadd4, Cadd2, Em7, Cadd2, Em7, Cadd2, Dsus4, Em7

cool.gif
*~Oashisu*~
You have done an excellent job, it sounds very beautiful! I love the lyrics, they really take your mind back to that episode 7. This would make a great AMV as well.
Aleesha Elric
OMG!!!!! That song is sooooo good! I made a board about it too! Can I have your autograph!? wub.gif
Ansem_pesuer_of_darkness
I think ur amazing!I just came across FMA when I was 9(I'm 10 now) and I love it.Nina is great and you are a nice musician.OMG I can't beleive ur here!lots of people on Youtube.com make music videos of ur song happy.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Ansem_pesuer_of_darkness
And also,I put this song on my PSP.Me and my friend(Aleesha Elric ^^ from the post above)Were wondering how you thought of this song when we saw it on a youtube.com video.I let my little sister listen to it,and my friend at school.We then took a look at your website.And made a post about it on TV.com

http://www.tv.com/fullmetal-alchemist/show...&msg_id=2696033

P.S. Shou Tucker scares me.DIE SHOU TUCKER!!!!!!!!!!
Armony_xD
i cant download it... sad.gif
ed's numbuh 1 fan
could you repost it please? i'd really love to hear it! smile.gif
Tombow
Oh my, those songs are beautiful!!
Thank you so much for sharing them with us!! happy.gif
(Links on page 2, post #22 are still working. smile.gif )

BTW, @Ansem_pesuer_of_darkness (or, if you got your ID changed, then whoever you'd changed to...) - Next time, instead of posting consecutively, please edit what you want to post into your first post.
(Those consecutive posting are called 'double posting," and it's a kind of no-no here. smile.gif )
Liarre Nievelas
Huh... The link is broken...
raindragon
QUOTE(Liarre Nievelas @ Feb 23 2006, 06:02 PM) [snapback]353797[/snapback]

Huh... The link is broken...

I should probably have come back and fived that link ages ago. It's fixed now. And, to reiterate, the proper link is now this one.

Wow, it's been 14 months since I first posted this here! Now there's a bunch of AMVs on YouTube and other places, and I've played the song live so many times, and I'm not tired of it yet. Coffee shop people, though, never understand why I was sad enough to write it, the way you folks here do. Reading these replies was gratifying indeed. biggrin.gif
Ailuro
Er, I'm afraid to say that it still doesn't quite work.
The Full Metal Pianist
I recently wrote a song that's inspired by the theory of "Humonculous" in the series.

Anyone wanna listen? Still downloading yours. I'm sure it's awesome, from what I've heard so far. =)
Galorfilinde
The links all work fine here.

@ raindragon - I love your song! The lyrics are very good, and it's very emotional. I like the other version with the drums a little better, because that one has really a climax at the end and there's more variation in it. But both are really very good ^^ You're a great singer

@ The Full Metal Pianist - Sure, I'd love to listen to it ^^
Tombow
@raindragon Thanks for updating the link!! I just love your songs!! Such beauty!! happy.gif

@The Full Metal Pianist - I second Galorfilinde!! Please post and share it with us!! biggrin.gif
The New Fullmetal Alchemist
Go here to listen!

I was having the same problem - nothing would come up! I almost cried! This one works, though - it did for me, anyway... it's originally posted by Mr. Simpson himself (bows to the great, almight guitarist and his amazing vocals...) on the second page of this thread; I'd quote it, but I'm in a hurry - basically, the links say "CD Version," and there's one link right beneath it in the same post that has a more "rock" version - which I haven't listened to yet, but I will! Anyway, those are the only posted ones I've gotten to work - it played it on QuickTime, though - maybe I don't have the right music player for the other links? (shrugs...) Anyway, good luck everybody!

Thank you, "RainDragon," for the wonderful song! You are truly amazing! wub.gif
Lucrezia
Such a beautiful song. It made me cry.
And I think you might have just been my saving grace for Higher Music next year. I think I'll do a composition based on FMA. happy.gif
sweety_pie
this song is so cool! it was really good singing. it is my new fav. song!

(it was so sad i was almost crying)
The Full Metal Pianist
After about a week of having the song, I have it playing in my car on the way to and from work. Every day.

Here's my song; it's been finished for a while; but the vocals heavily. Heavily. Suck.

I'm sorry I'm such a bad singer, but I did the best I could for this song.

"Coming Down" - FMP

Right click, save target as, please!

Thanks guys.
sweety_pie
thats a pretty cool song! Can u post the lyrics pls. I'm not to good at listening to close.

Astria
@Raindragon

Lovely song, I first heard it on an AMV at animemusicvideos.org...it got recommended on the FMA thread. Its great when people produce imaginative fanwork like this.

Sweety_pie: the lyrics are on the second page of the thread, I think.
raindragon
The lyrics also are here.

...don't know why some of you are having trouble with the link. I suppose I should find some external server to put the songs on.

If all else fails, there's always one of the AMVs (which I didn't make, but if I had, I hope it would have been a lot like this).
sweety_pie
I watched episode 7 last night it was so sad! I feel really sorry for Nina (and Alexander) Im gonna miss her.

TUCKER IS A BASTERD!
someperson
QUOTE(sweety_pie @ May 7 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]391816[/snapback]

I watched episode 7 last night it was so sad! I feel really sorry for Nina (and Alexander) Im gonna miss her.

TUCKER IS A BASTERD!

i watched it too! man i never saw the episode before (read the manga chapter though) i was cryying so much! awesome song-i like the line -seated on cold metal shoulders- refering to al i expect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.