Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Did Rose Get The Baby?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
jason901
i have the whole 51 episode of full metal alchemist
i watch up to 40 something, i think
then Rose suddenly have a baby
is that Rose's baby or is that someone else's baby?
if that is Rose's baby. How did she got it?
is really confusing me.
Can you guys tell me which episode explain how she got the baby?

this would really help me. thx
Ed's_Girl
I also want to know. Why don't you check out the episode reviews?
hitokiri
if you don't know where babies come from, i think you have larger problems....
xrninja
i'd suggest that you watch a few more episodes for the answer, but if you feel like knowing ahead of time:
[spoiler]it's her baby. it is implied that after lior was captured by the military, roze was raped by a soldier, who got her pregnant. there isn't a specific episode that this happens in.[/spoiler]
and please avoid making the titles to your threads so spoilery in the future, as there are a lot of people on this board who watch the dub and are only up to episode 12.
sumflip
[spoiler]An indication that she was raped when captured, was that she lost her voice, as well as Ed being shocked when hearing about Roze and her Baby (I can't remember exactly what was said for him being shocked, but it's in the episode where he sees Roze again for the first time, and is in a house..). The loss of voice has to do with being in shock...I'm really not sure the details though...[/spoiler]
jason901
i saw that episode too
Scar, Dante or Lyla, Rose and Ed was in the house
Scar said, they got Rose back from the military
and she cant speak anything.
it didnt say anything how did they got the baby....

if she really got rape. that is sad... T_T

and how u do the Spoiler Below: Highlight text below to view.
plz teach me
im new to the forum

P.S
hitokiri
i know where babies come from.
i want to know how did she become pregnant.
sumflip
Yeah that's the episode I'm refering to. I'm sure there's a part when they're in the house where Ed is suprised about hearing something about Roze? If someone could post what was said I'd appreciate it. As for spoiler tags, you just do:

[ spoiler] (text here) [ /spoiler] (without the space on the first and second brackets.)
Prinz_Zoisit
sometimes i think that there shall be a parallel to the "Holy Maria" from the Catholics....^^;;

sry. it's just a guess^^
jason901
Ed was surpised cause what happen to Rose.
Scar said She was captured, and by the time she returned, she had lost her voice.
it didnt say anything how she got the baby.
Gashole
Nothing was said about where the baby came from to protect the kiddies who watch the show.
Merc
[spoiler] As everyone else has already said, it is mentioned that she had been raped repeatedly during her capture by the military. At least, I believe it's implied that more than one soldier had his way with her, so the poor girl probably doesn't know who the father is. [/spoiler]

~Merc
Kast
I felt so sad for her. After all she has been through to have that happen is just beating a dead horse in my opinion. Although, this series is known for its angst/drama, so it wasn't totally unpredictable. Still, sad stuff sad.gif .
IronFlame
I'm going to need to wait for this certain fansub because what I've seen I don't think is a reliable translation.
Tobu Ishi
There was no mention of a rape, specifically. However, no mention was needed. The dialogue in Episode 40 between Ed and Scar was something roughly like:

Scar: Do you have any idea what they did to this city?
Ed: The military...what did it do to Rose?
Scar: They captured her. And by the time she was set free, her voice was gone.
*Rose's baby begins to wail. Ed glances their way, stares at Scar for a moment, then his eyes go wide and a horrified expression appears on his face.*
Ed: But...but that's...
Scar: Now do you see why we hate the military?

It wasn't exactly that, since it's been a while since I've watched that ep, but it was along those lines. Subtle, but painfully clear. Whether it was one soldier or many, the military did something to Rose that traumatized her badly enough to leave her in her dazed and voiceless state, and caused her to have a baby. What that something was, is tragically obvious. sad.gif
sumflip
Yeah, exactly that. I've heard from somewhere when something that traumatizing happens to you (such as rape), many things can happen. You can just be in shock...pairenoid...or it's also possible you can lose your voice. I think that's what they were referring to. The creators of this episode wouldn't have made her lose her voice for nothing. That's my opinion anyways.
Queen of the dammed
Pooor girl. sad.gif
Toby-Chan
I was so shocked, and quite devastated for her when I realized what had happened. And Ed seemed to feel that too. He looked so terrified. ;_;
Linda
[spoiler] I wouldn't know if this was already stated, but I remember in this one episdoe they said that the philiosphers stone was made when a pregnant woman drinks the red water, and the Philospers Stone would be harvested from her $#%#@ <- (Sorry About That) Then maybe they wanted a pure philospers stone so they err pregnated her? And this is just a guess.. [/spoiler]
sumflip
QUOTE(Linda @ Feb 13 2005, 09:07 PM)
[spoiler] I wouldn't know if this was already stated, but I remember in this one episdoe they said that the philiosphers stone was made when a pregnant woman drinks the red water, and the Philospers Stone would be harvested from her $#%#@ <- (Sorry About That) Then maybe they wanted a pure philospers stone so they err pregnated her? And this is just a guess..  [/spoiler]
[snapback]113318[/snapback]

That's a possibility...but I really don't think so ;o .....my opinion anywars ^^;
Full Flame Alchemist
That's highly unlikely
"her $#%#@ <- (Sorry About That)"? What's wrong with saying "placenta"? It's not something dirty. It's just the temporary organ that supplies an unborn baby with nutrients through the umbilical cord. You shed it when you give birth,[spoiler] though I have a feeling the Tringhams' boss wasn't planning on waiting until then.

Besides that, Rose was impregnated by an unnamed soldier (or soldiers) who was invading Lior, whereas the placenta plan was being concocted by the Tringhams' boss. It doesn't seem likely that he could have been in cahoots with some random soldier halfway across Amestris. (What /was/ that guy's name, anyway?)[/spoiler]
Chiyo
Interesting theory...but then alot can be read into what goes on in FMA.
AA battery
QUOTE(Linda @ Feb 13 2005, 10:07 PM)
[spoiler] I wouldn't know if this was already stated, but I remember in this one episdoe they said that the philiosphers stone was made when a pregnant woman drinks the red water, and the Philospers Stone would be harvested from her $#%#@ <- (Sorry About That) Then maybe they wanted a pure philospers stone so they err pregnated her? And this is just a guess..  [/spoiler]
[snapback]113318[/snapback]

Very interesting point that you brought up... I don't think that's the case, but very observant of you smile.gif
ereas
I'm thinking that the possibility of her being raped is more likely than any of the theories posted thus far. I'm on episode 49 sad.gif I don't want this series to end lol
sumflip
QUOTE(ereas @ Feb 17 2005, 05:04 PM)
I'm thinking that the possibility of her being raped is more likely than any of the theories posted thus far. I'm on episode 49 sad.gif I don't want this series to end lol
[snapback]116363[/snapback]

;\ Well how would you explain it? I know that in anime anything could happen...it could have been a miracle, but in my opinion I do believe that she was raped. And yes, the series is too good to end sad.gif ...just cant wait 'till the movie comes out ^^.
Viewtiful Alchemist
It doesn't take much to get that "Rose was raped when the military captured her" part during that Scar/Ed talk but my problem with the deal is the vagueness of it all.

I don't want to know all the details or even see any extra graphic scenes to help imply that she was rape but it's annoying cause like most people here I just think it was one soldier but I read some other sites about Rose background or episode summaries (even on this site!) where they mention she was gangraped repeatedly which is even more sick the more I think about it.

Another thing is how did she even escape? Did the military scum just "kick her out" after they were done with her (ugh..) or what? Again I read various sources that say one thing and another that say she escape by herself (how?). I wish they just presented their info as theories instead of facts cause there doesn't seem to be any solid proof on how she got away from them.

Being so vague you are left with your own theories on how tragic this thing is which I guess is a good part on the people who did the anime but I still hate it. Hearing that Rose was rape was probably one of my main lowpoints of series. I felt as uneasy as Ed when I first realise what Scar was talking about. In fact, I still feel uneasy anytime Rose is on screen most of the time because of that which is odd because I've seen many other shows/docs, anime or real, that deals with a similar situtation but for some reason Rose's case in FMA strikes me the hardest.

Going by the manga..hopefully this whole deal doesn't come up in it since...
[spoiler]
Dante doesn't seem like she will be in the manga at all, so there is no need for Rose's baby and there won't be a need for a tragic story behind it..
[/spoiler]
AA battery
Viewtiful Alchemist: I was really shocked when I saw the baby too... it was... implied so "well" that if people don't catch it they really are either too innocent/ignorant or whatever...

About ur view in manga, yea, I agree... that would be one thing that Roze should be grateful off... (I doubt she would reappear anything and screw Dante I totally don't want to see her in manga)
aNiMeAzNgUrLLH
Just like everyone had said above . . .

--spoil--

Rose got captured by a soldier and was raped, thus, a baby came, although Scar didn't say out that "OMG ROSE WAS RAPED!!!" They kinda dropped clues along the way

--spoil end--

Heh, I love repeating things.

EDIT:
o.o Sorry, I don't know how to add spoil tags . ..
Tu101uk
when i watched the episodes 40/41/42, i was shocked... like Viewtiful alchemist says, it was uneasy for me to see Rose on-screen after that... sometimes anime can hit people where it hurts, but this was just too real for me... i almost felt like killing those stupid soldiers (if i could)

[spoiler]and I (worryingly) felt some satisfaction when scar fused the philsopher's stone and killed all of those stupid soldiers at riore[/spoiler]

i know this topic has been brought up time and again, but i suppose it's a reminder, albeit a tragic and sad one, that things like this happen in real life too...
sumflip
QUOTE(aNiMeAzNgUrLLH @ Mar 14 2005, 04:16 PM)
EDIT:
o.o Sorry, I don't know how to add spoil tags . ..
[snapback]132927[/snapback]

to add spoilers:

{spoiler}Add something here{/spoiler} Except replace the {}'s with []'s

hope it helps ohmy.gif
Steel Alchemist
I don't remember hearing about Rose having a baby. Of I am probably wrong. Someone is gonna respond to my post with a smart-ass remark!
Sonic-Teal
QUOTE(Steel Alchemist @ Mar 28 2005, 01:55 PM)
I don't remember hearing about Rose having a baby. Of I am probably wrong. Someone is gonna respond to my post with a smart-ass remark!
[snapback]141173[/snapback]

Hehehe smart ass ya say?

Yes she did have a babey, if she didn't then there wouldent be spoilers dum dum.
Fullmetal Fangirl
"How did she have a baby?"

Um excuse me?

How do you THINK!?

Like how other normal people get THEIR babies...
Tobu Ishi
QUOTE(Fullmetal Fangirl @ Mar 29 2005, 03:21 AM)
"How did she have a baby?"

Um excuse me?

How do you THINK!?

Like how other normal people get THEIR babies...
[snapback]141595[/snapback]

Well...not exactly. Normal childbirth usually isn't the result of rape. sleep.gif;;
sumflip
Lol nice response Tobu....rawr.
*goes back into the shadows*
they kinda show it in liore she got gang raped by the soldiers who found her hiding with the kids
FMA4ever
Yeah, me and my friends were always saying stuff like, "Since when does Rose have a baby?!" But I guess the soldiers did rape her...JERKS! I must go listen to the commentary and see what the actors have to say
Chiyo
QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 22 2005, 08:42 PM) [snapback]258080[/snapback]

they kinda show it in liore she got gang raped by the soldiers who found her hiding with the kids

They implied it...nothing is actually shown. You are just left to guess and the baby is almsot used as a give away as to what happened to her.
Damascus
Arg, I can't even think about this without getting upset! I feel so bad for Rose, the poor girl!!! T.T
Damascus
QUOTE(simplicityho @ Apr 28 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]387588[/snapback]

*Raise Eyebrow*
Rape is a perfectly normal part of war...

mad.gif *rounds on simplicityho, blades drawn*
Colette
Sadly, simplicityho is right, however, that doesn't justify anything.
winryrockbell1
QUOTE(jason901 @ Feb 5 2005, 12:47 PM) [snapback]107140[/snapback]

i have the whole 51 episode of full metal alchemist
i watch up to 40 something, i think
then Rose suddenly have a baby
is that Rose's baby or is that someone else's baby?
if that is Rose's baby. How did she got it?
is really confusing me.
Can you guys tell me which episode explain how she got the baby?

this would really help me. thx

i read somewhere that that was roses baby and scar was the father
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(winryrockbell1 @ Apr 28 2006, 10:32 PM) [snapback]387685[/snapback]
i read somewhere that that was roses baby and scar was the father

blink.gif

That's not even possible.
Tombow
Closing the thread for now since I think all the information to add to this thread had been added.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.