Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tobu Ishi's Fanart!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Pages: 1, 2
Tobu Ishi
I'm planning to enter a DeviantArt contest on the RoyRiza fanlisting with this, and I was hoping this might be The Place to get opinions and nitpicks. Let me know what needs changing--that's why it's still a lineart. I'll get the colored version up here once the lineart is finalized and colored.

Thanks a billion!

http://www.sheezyart.com/view/268882/
hagane_no_tokage
XDDDDD that is sooooooo cute!!!!!! *dies*

it looks very nice, overall... ah, all i can say is that perhaps his legs look a tad short and...thick. other than that, great detail on all the goodies, and his glove looks really good! i always have trouble with the gloves. your kanji is SO much better than mine... u__u

nice work! can't wait to see it colored!
Tobu Ishi
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Feb 4 2005, 09:54 PM)
ah, all i can say is that perhaps his legs look a tad short and...thick. 
[snapback]106902[/snapback]

Thanks for the critique! Hmm...the idea was to show the poofyness of the Amestrian military pants...and his legs are meant to be kind of tucked up on the table, knees bent, as opposed to sprawled straight out, hence the "short" look. Any ideas on how I can make it clearer that that's what's going on?
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(Tobu Ishi @ Feb 5 2005, 01:06 AM)
Thanks for the critique!  Hmm...the idea was to show the poofyness of the Amestrian military pants...and his legs are meant to be kind of tucked up on the table, knees bent, as opposed to sprawled straight out, hence the "short" look.  Any ideas on how I can make it clearer that that's what's going on?
[snapback]106921[/snapback]

hrm...i see where you are coming from... the pantlegs *are* rather...poofy, as you said. perhaps... ah, i think the pantlegs are poofier at the bottom than they are at the top... maybe if you showed more wrinkling around the thighs and hips area, make the pants a little tighter as they go up from midpoint to show the emphasis of the bent knees?
Asakura_yoh
wow.. that is one nice one ^^ll you have the determination to complete that XD *bows* admire meh ^^
nekodesu
Awesome pic! =D I would really love to see that colored ^^
hidden_death
XD nice picture!but i think it would look really good with some color
Tobu Ishi
QUOTE(hidden_death @ Feb 7 2005, 03:13 AM)
XD nice picture!but i think it would look really good with some color
[snapback]108380[/snapback]

Don't worry, it'll be colored. happy.gif
Tobu Ishi
All right, before I get skewered to the wall with spears and blown to shreds with alchemical reactions, let me say that this is my personal crack pairing, which means that it's an eccentricity of mine and I don't expect anyone to believe it but me, since the amount of fanwank necessary to make it work is mountainous in size.

But I still think it's cute as heck.

So...happy Valentine's Day!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/ari...n/MAdesktop.jpg
Tobu Ishi
My gift to the fandom in general for Valentine's Day!
(And to make up for the weird Martelphonse desktop. happy.gif)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/ari...tine_Chibis.jpg

Yes, that /is/ a heart-shaped alchemical array. No, they're probably not milk chocolates. Yes, after /that/ he would probably forgive her even if they were. <3
Armykid391
very nice biggrin.gif
Hex-Sama
@Tobu Ishi: laugh.gif Nice drawing. I like the third and the last picture. In the last picture, Edward like this:

Edward<--- SCORE! biggrin.gif
Chiyo
*clapping*

Yay, so cute, go Ed and Winry!
Chibi-Usa
Awww that was sooo cute! Everybody can make all these good picture but me
Kast
EdxWinly for the win! Nice little comic, enjoyed it.
Kast
I agree with you 100%. After seeing the whole anime I could remember many scenes with those two. Great couple idea in my opinion cool.gif .
Chiyo
Hey I never thought of that one...interesting.
Ailuro
That's a great pairing IMO. :D
Evinus
it looks like it's from the movie.. or is it just me?
Evinus
so cute! Ed was really cute!
Yukina_Raven
Awwwww! That's adorable! happy.gif
Hex-Sama
Interesting, *ponders* I never thought of that pairing laugh.gif .
hagane_no_tokage
aww! yah, aru and martel woulda been awful cute. ^.^ i felt so bad for aru after that episode... T_T
hagane_no_tokage
chibis...too...cute...can't...move...! XD
Tobu Ishi
Still more Valentine's fanart, this time of the lil' Elrics and Winry in a bit of a tight spot. Heavy abuse of the dodge and burn tool, a technique much easier (as it turns out) than my usual cel-shading style. happy.gif

http://www.deviantart.com/view/15204392/
hagane_no_tokage
LOL! that's adorable, tobu-san!
Kou the Lightning Alchemist
Pretty darn cute if ya ask meh. but then again...$*%^ *shoots self* i can't be caught dead saying that...
Le Monkey
Awwww. so sweet....
Chiyo
Oh, too many sweets. Very cute.
hidden_death
lol thats so cute!
hidden_death
thats so cute ><
hidden_death
never really thought of that pairing
but it's good anyway!
Hedera
Never thought about this pairing... Look's cute, but there's one thing that confuse me - the age difference (I always thought that Martel was much more older huh.gif).
Tobu Ishi
Yeah, there's an age difference all right. But they're both trapped outside the process of aging, actually.

Martel is technically in her late thirties, thanks the the amount of time she spent sealed in the fifth laboratory; but her chimera body is perpetually paused in her late teens or early twenties. Al is an uncommonly wise fifteen-year-old in the guise of a huge suit of armor.

This is why I'm known to sit around moaning, "If only he was six years older and had a body..." happy.gif
Yukina_Raven
Wow, unique pairing. laugh.gif Yet I can totally see where one would come up with this. I like it. happy.gif
Tobu Ishi
IPB Image

Total fluff, unadulterated and simple. Taken from a scene in the joking-around OOC chat sessions of Fullmetal Folly. Despite being scribbled on the back of an old printout with a tropical pink colored pencil, I liked it enough to scan and post it. <3
tempest_Strife
Wow! It's very nice! And I like the pink, fo some reason...

All the anatomy looks spot on to me... and the sugary fluff is giving me cavities. Great job!
Blackwings
Its sweet happy.gif...
Chiyo
*says 'pink pink pink' for the rest of the day* biggrin.gif
shardypsykoelf
As pink, sweet, and fluffy as those Easter Peeps candy...

PEEPS!!!! *skooshes*
.Memories.
Wonderful for I like it in pink i guess it sort of adds to the picture. biggrin.gif
Falling_Man
Very nice. The pink is a nice touch, I think it add to the scene. I find the letters in the back to be strangely pleasing... I wonder why?
ed's secret agent
Very nice. I hope you can scribble something like this again.
DarkWater Alchemist
It's nice! Anatomy seems perfect to me. Pink isn't bad but if you had wanted to, I guess you could've made the pic in greyscale too.
Prinz_Zoisit
yes, nice pic, tobu
Reluna
Awww....Nice pic.
Quistis88
All of Tobu's fanart threads have been merged. smile.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
nice pic^^
Tobu Ishi
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Mar 12 2005, 06:02 PM)
All of Tobu's fanart threads have been merged.  smile.gif
[snapback]131696[/snapback]

Ah! Sorry, Quis. Wasn't aware we were supposed to keep it all in one thread! ^^;; I'll post to here from now on, then. Thanks for the heads up!
Quistis88
No problem, Tobu. Thank you for your cooperation. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.