Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boys And Girls!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Prinz_Zoisit
i chose yes...
ἀρχή
Right now, my daughter really only likes "girl" things, but she used to not care. She used to play with cars as much as anything else. The problem is that people keep giving her things that are "girly" and then suddenly she's programmed to like it.

I can still get her to like some things that aren't considered "girl", but usually I have to role play with her to do it. She likes role playing more than anything and her role playing is usually action/adventure oriented (no tea parties for her).
Le Monkey
Guess...
blueices
Being the first-born and (a girl) I think my dad really wished I had been a boy sometimes (I had a lot of toy cars and the like) happy.gif

I like girly things sometimes, but I guess I like "guy stuff" too.
ex: Pizza for breakfast and cool looking cars laugh.gif
Life to the Dead
girl stuff always bored me. so i denounced pink, frills, and dolls and started liking Star wars, star trek, and video games
Gashole
^ Don't worry, every girl goes through this phase.

Video games are pretty neutral, and Star Trek and Star Wars are just science-fiction, not a guy thing. Science-fiction bore me to death. Yay for fantasy.
Alphonse
Hell yea.
I was really prissy when I was younger. Dresses and pretty pink bows. But I've gone away from that stuff. I'm a big fan of football, BMX, and such.

It's hilarious because my little cousin who is a boy plays with Barbie dolls and all that jazz and his father goes nuts when he sees him playing with girly toys. XD He's only 3, though. So it's not anything to worry about. >.<
Chiyo
Interestin topic. I liked alot of 'boys' things when I was younger...my favourite cartoon was Teenage Mutant HeroTurtles. However I do collect My Little Pony nowadays as I had quite a few when I was little. Yet I'm into sci-fi and such as well.

My sister (10) gets sick of all the girly toys and clothes. So unfortunatly she moved onto Bratz which aren't girly but tarty little... (goes off on Bratz hating rant).
xrninja
i think i like guy stuff more than girl stuff, but i have my very girly moments as well. but i think overall i act more like a guy. mellow.gif
Thievesvinegar
ditto. It's just easier.
Gashole
It's really hard to avoid pink frilly dresses when your aunts and uncles keep getting married and you're expected to be one of the flower girls. mellow.gif
Thievesvinegar
You poor thing. But I do like the money and sugar that comes with it.
Gashole
Did I even get paid? I didn't like money and candies when I was younger.
edsgirl
I think i'm pretty girly, but I still play video games and wrestle with my brothers and my son. I like looking like a girl and wearing nice clothes. I think every girl goes through some kind of tomboy stage!
hidden_death
i pick yes XD
i like more guy stuff then girl stuff
my brother likes dolls XD
Le Monkey
Well this is turning out well, I chose yes.,...
frostman
I chose yes, to smile.gif
I've always been tomboyish so I say no.
Gashole
Did anyone even read the poll question?
Toby-Chan
I don't get why the heck not. I remember there was a news story on boys who played with 'girly' toys a few years back. There was even a woman who was worried when her son would rather play chef than with his toy trucks.

For pete's sake! Let a four year old pretend to make a friggin omlette without losing sleep over whether it's indicative of his undeveloped sexuality!!! The same mom wasn't worried about her daughter being a lesbian when she started playing with her brother's discarded car toys.

This shouldn't be such a big deal. Let kids play games without turning it into a huge obsessive Freudian medical study and a morality fest.

When I was little, I was both a tomboy and a girly-girl simultaneously. (I'm sort of similar now) I may be biased in that regaurd. I played with a lot of boys, mostly because my mom's friends had more sons, and they'd come to play a lot, so we played a lot of games together; usually huge roleplaying adventures, sometimes with animal toys, boyish things like cars, and girlish things like cooking, dolls and playing house. I don't see the issue, as long as they're getting along, and are generally happy.
Slashrose1010
I vote Yes! I am interested in a few "girly" things. Man, people were getting on my back here when I told them I watch Sex and the City. I know girls who play Halo and junk sometimes (and no, they are hot!) Cooking is usually considered more of a girl thing but I would put Chef as one of my dream jobs. I say, "Awww" when I see a cute kitty... but it's so cute tongue.gif How can you resist. Yohsi from Mario is also very cute.

But I am not limited to one sexual orientation. I can do a lot of "guy" things too. I just played football in the mud and snow yesterday. I also love Metal Gear Solid and I'm also starting to collect comic books, thanks to Hito dry.gif I am an action game/movie addict. I love the Matrix and Kill Bill.

In conclusion, well rounded people are not limited to one side of the coin. People aren't simple gay/ straight, boy/girl, good/evil. People are more fluid and likely to change. Most people just slap these concrete titles on when they feel fear that they might also be fluid or fear out of unfamiliar. Thank god most of us here are the more "fluid type".
Gashole
It's too bad you're a guy, Slash. Girls have it a lot easier when they're not as feminine as they're supposed to be. biggrin.gif

Ugh, Kill Bill. One sick movie.
~FMAgurl~
there is no such thing as a 'boy' toy or a 'girl' toy...it's just a stereotype, which should be stopped one of these years

As for the pole question, of course i chose yes smile.gif
I use to play with barbies and like to dress up and stuff, but i grew out of that. I'd much rather play sports and video games than paint my nails and do my hair any day! smile.gif Yay for sports!
Slashrose1010
@Gastric Bi-Pass Surgery: Hey, you saying I'm feminine? I am, but only to a certain degree. Just because I worship a gay guy doesn't mean anything. tongue.gif (Freddie Mercury of course... and Lenny Kravitz lol)
Toby-Chan
Lenny Kravitz is gay? o.O Shows how much I follow anything celebrity related.

But, yeah. The whole gay/gender concern thing is out of hand these days. I don't see why parents these days are losing sleep over questioning the sexuality of Spongebob Squarepants. dry.gif
Slashrose1010
@Jackie Chan: No, Lenny is not gay. I was just kidding and I kinda stole that from the Simpsons tongue.gif

The Sponge Bob thing is just rediculous. I wouldn't even bother listening/watching that garbage. We should be more concerned with the backgrounds and sexual prferences of Catholic Preists... I don't trust my pastor dry.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
God forbid I find any of my future sons playing with Barbies... dry.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
i would try to lead the kinds of games which my *hope* future son would play to a more "guyish" kind.... but other small cutie things wouldn't be forbidden...
the most important thing would be to me that my *children* will love life as a whole and love the interesting things of life...

But of course, you'll never reach(what everyone wants to) to let your child become like you yourself(in your feelings, you actions, your thinking, etc), but you can try lead and influence it... it's poo´ssible^^^^

Girls have it a lot easier when they're not as feminine as they're supposed to be.

ya, that's right^^
Kihaku
QUOTE(hidden_death @ Feb 7 2005, 04:54 AM)
my brother likes dolls XD
[snapback]108401[/snapback]

That's so cute! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Feb 7 2005, 02:53 PM)
I vote Yes! I am interested in a few "girly" things. Man, people were getting on my back here when I told them I watch Sex and the City. I know girls who play Halo and junk sometimes (and no, they are hot!) Cooking is usually considered more of a girl thing but I would put Chef as one of my dream jobs. I say, "Awww" when I see a cute kitty... but it's so cute tongue.gif How can you resist. Yohsi from Mario is also very cute.

In conclusion, well rounded people are not limited to one side of the coin. People aren't simple gay/ straight, boy/girl, good/evil. People are more fluid and likely to change. Most people just slap these concrete titles on when they feel fear that they might also be fluid or fear out of unfamiliar. Thank god most of us here are the more "fluid type".
[snapback]108668[/snapback]

Very well said! biggrin.gif "fluid type" sounds good. wink.gif I like to think of that too.. .
Anyway.. I'm also interested in many things.. I guess more in "girly" stuff than before.. but I really couldn't care less about shopping and clothes and that kind.. Unlike my brother for example, who is more interested in girly stuff than me. I like that kind of. It's cute that he still "likes" Sweet Valley High wink.gif. Also he cooks more than me.. I loath cooking. *sighs* It's not that good for my future...
When we were younger (little kids) we both were into "guy stuff" and I didn't even have any dolls or barbies.. oh yes.. I did I think.. but I didn't really play with them...
I actually even wanted to be a guy (Famous Five influence) and was nearly always mistaken for one. Now... I really hope that doesn't happen. tongue.gif

QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Feb 8 2005, 02:11 AM)
God forbid I find any of my future sons playing with Barbies... dry.gif
[snapback]109025[/snapback]

Hmm... I'd probably be dumping barbies on them... tongue.gif
Nah.. I just kidding.. They can play with whatever the want to play with.. if they don't want the barbie, then they don't want it...
*sighs* If I ever have those future sons...
Raven
I really don't care... But when I was little I played with plastic swords, raced snails, and literally played in the mud. I've never liked makeup or anything else like that, and have always hated pink. Pink has always represented barbies and bimbos for me. And I'd rather fall out of a tree (after having climbed it first wink.gif ) than hang around doing nothing, sharing gossip about who's going out with who.
Gashole
Hey, what's wrong with pink? It's a cute color.

How do you climb trees? I guess I just have never lived in a place with climbable trees. If I fell I'd hit the road straight and get run over by a car. Why would I prefer that to shopping, now?
Raven
Well, where I used to live there was a huge fig tree growing right by my house, and there were lots of low branches that you could climb up before you could reach the upper ones, so there were lots of hand holds. I remember when i would climb up as far as I would dare and I would look out over the fields to the sparkling sea beyond.

And I've always lived in the country, so I've never had to worry about falling onto a pavement or road; at worst the hard ground in Summer when it's all dried out.
OGURA
Well, I play video games, and I'm interested in some things my mommy sais is boyz stuff. What can I say, I like what I'm, and some boys can be interested in gurlz stuff. What can you say, world is different now.
Omakase Shimasu
Voted yes. biggrin.gif I remember my bro, sis and me playing with both army toys (soldiers, trucks, tanks etc.), Barbie dolls, playmobile and "My Little Pony" ponies. Sometimes we even played with them all simultaneously. "Attack of the Giants and their mighty Steeds in Playmobile Land! Send out the troops!" XD Good times.

My parents didn't mind at all, as long as we had fun together. (Sometimes they even played along with us happy.gif) God, I love my parents to death for their open-mindedness.
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Raven @ Feb 8 2005, 04:17 PM)
Well, where I used to live there was a huge fig tree growing right by my house, and there were lots of low branches that you could climb up before you could reach the upper ones, so there were lots of hand holds. I remember when i would climb up as far as I would dare and I would look out over the fields to the sparkling sea beyond.
[snapback]109124[/snapback]

wow!! this sounds so woderful and romantic(could be Ed's "adventures")!....^^
Toby-Chan
I heart tree climbing. Even now, I can scale trees very quickly.

(And there's nothing wrong with pink. <333) I love pink and all that stuff. But generally, if I feel girly, I'll be girly over the top, with frills, bows, and all that jazz. Almost what you'd call Lolita style. And if I feel like looking/behaving tomboyish, then I can pass for a boy easily. (Have been mistaken as one in public before)
Apple Juice
Kirby is pink...

So I like pink. biggrin.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Prinz_Zoisit @ Feb 8 2005, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE(Raven @ Feb 8 2005, 04:17 PM)
[snapback]109124[/snapback]

wow!! this sounds so woderful and romantic(could be Ed's "adventures")!....^^
[snapback]109185[/snapback]

Yeah, Its great...
heavensangel
yes most of my friends are interested in the same things as i am and i am interested in the things they are and most of my friends are boys when we get together we tall about animes and video games it rocks biggrin.gif
DarkWater Alchemist
I had toy cars and barbie dolls. I did climb on trees (cut down trees), played princess and power ranger. I never wanted to be that pink power ranger girl though biggrin.gif

When I was 4-6, my best friends where boys because there were no girls of my age in my school. (a very VERY small kindergarten school thing)

I'm still interested in both. I mean, I have this thing about swords too biggrin.gif
Raven
Even though I'm often viewed as a tom-boy, I do feel I'm a bit of a romantasist.
Le Monkey
you shure R?
Black Rose
At the start I liked dolls but after I was 5 I was more interested in remote controlled cars and stuff, I'm still a little girly tho
just a thought why is pink thought to be a girls colour? it's just a colour in the end (type on google I hate Barbie and I dare u to count how many sites come up)
Elderberry
I love trying to climb trees when I can...I just stink at it...

People might say pink is a girl's color, but look at how many girl's like blue more...

Sure, I liked Barbies when I was little (I remembr my older brother also had an interest in the color-changing wetsuit one happy.gif), but I also had an obsession for throwing dried beans all over the carpet~ (and no, I'm not Japanese) laugh.gif
Incomplete
Hmm...Well...yeah...
I am a tomboy...I barely do anything that would be considered "Girly"...ever...its like poison...evil...I loathe it...>.<
But...yeah...If someone who had never met me or even seen me walked into my room...they'd think it belonged to a very messy boy....apart from the various wallscrolls...X3
Frankly...If I had a wish...I would become male...for my own reasons...and no...that isnt one of them....
>.>
<.<
Xithion
I dont really have any preference I can go see a girl flick, wear pink, and still be sure of myself. Hell I watch inuyasha>>>kinda girly most the time.
Thievesvinegar
Live with a lot of sisters?
Xithion
nah just one....I just dont give a dam about what people are thinking about me. biggrin.gif it makes life a lot easier
Prinz_Zoisit
i think i favorize more the tomboy-girls(there are not so many girls with a strong will)....^^
Blackwings
I like heaps of games that usually only guys like but guess im abit strange
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.