Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrath (FMA-1) Haters?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Fresh_Coffee
Basically this came to my head because I hate Wrath very much and wish to express my hatred towards him in a topic and a lot of other people dispise him according to the another thread. A main reason I hate wrath so much is because he is always whining about his mom. Mom this, mom that. Guess what your real mom wanted to KILL YOU. He doesn't even say Mom it's MAMA, not to mention he thinks that if he rips Edward's Limbs off he'll be human. Ok SURE BUDDY. He even wanted to protect his new Mom, Sloth I don't know how she could stand the brat but he ended up killing her. How? He attached himself with her while carring a former part of Trisha Elric, smart choice Wrath dry.gif . I think I could just rant on and on but I would like to hear other people say on this feel free to hate wrath in this topic! XD
ἀρχή
Hear! Hear!

I only like wrath before he goes all homunculous on everyone (You know what I mean tongue.gif).

After that, he's just too whiny.
Fresh_Coffee
XD Another Wrath Hater welcome Arche. Yes he is whiny I hate the way he smiles it pisses me off. He whines too much about mama needs to get a life.
ἀρχή
IPB Image
Quistis88
QUOTE(arche @ Feb 3 2005, 07:42 PM)
Hear! Hear!

I only like wrath before he goes all homunculous on everyone (You know what I mean tongue.gif).

After that, he's just too whiny.
[snapback]106026[/snapback]

I agree. Even then, I only slightly liked him. mellow.gif I'm here to join the club, too.

Nice ad, arche. biggrin.gif
konic vince
HAHA nice pic arche

wow, I never really knew the depth of people's hatred toward's wrath...
ἀρχή
I've got to keep working those shameless plug skillz
hitokiri
wrath.. let's see....

- he constantly messes up everyone's plans
- he's a whiny little bitch, even before the sloth mommy thing... boohoo i don't know who i am.... boohoo i turned myself into a bed...
- he has the worst homunculus power of all time.. weeeeeee i can fuse with useless things...
- he has the IQ of a radish.
ἀρχή
Perhaps he should fuse with a radish laugh.gif
Shinsei Kage
[SPOILER]...Wrath is a 7-10 year old little boy who has had an awful life. First he has to live in the gate until he attained Ed's limbs, then he had to live alone on a deserted island. He isn't accepted anywhere--not with the humans because he's a homunculus, and he's barely accepted with the homunculus because he has two human limbs. Wrath sure as hell didn't get a chance to live the life of a normal person, just like all of the homunculus aside from Pride, and I guess maybe Greed. Bascially, he thinks that nobody loves him--and he wants attention. He wants a mom to care for him and give him attention, because he's been deprived of that for quite a long time. Not to mention that, because he's at such a young age, you can't expect him to always make smart decisions. I wouldn't be suprised if Wrath goes insane from all that he has to deal with--if that hasn't happened already, that is.[/SPOILER]

I'd whine and cry too if I were in his position. And, you know, I think it's funny how people love the heartless, merciless killers, or the kind of characters that would sell their own mother for a buck, and yet they can't stand the whiny, I-crave-attention little kids. Nice.
hitokiri
oh i forgot one more thing:

-apparently he doesn't have homunclus healing like the others, since he is still burned from the sloth incident and can't regenerate his limbs (or the limb regeneration is just a greed power)

@Shinsei : BOOHOO.... let me break out my world's tiniest violin to play the world's saddest song for him... he's still a little bitch...
konic vince
I wouldn't say that about the regeneration thing, hitokiri, since once Scar blows up Gluttony's arm and it comes back, Lust gets "killed" several times but you don't see blade marks on her face, or her stomach, and there are other examples
hitokiri
ok so its official he sucks as a homunculus as well as an overall character
Shinsei Kage
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Feb 3 2005, 08:34 PM)
@Shinsei : BOOHOO.... let me break out my world's tiniest violin to play the world's saddest song for him...
[snapback]106095[/snapback]

Yes, and I'm sure that you'd be MUCH nicer and more civilized than he is if you were to be put in his situation. rolleyes.gif

Oh, and about the not having healing powers thing...I never really thought about that. Maybe because he's got human limbs?
konic vince
I can imagine that this thread is going to be advertised in people's signatures...if it doesn't happen then you can shoot me...
hitokiri
QUOTE(Shinsei Kage @ Feb 3 2005, 10:43 PM)
Yes, and I'm sure that you'd be MUCH nicer and more civilized than he is if you were to be put in his situation.  rolleyes.gif

you fail to understand the fact that a little bitch is a little bitch is a little bitch. its like those axe murders who said they are the way they are cause they were molested as child. who cares? it doesn't change the fact they're axe murders and deserve to be killed. as they say the proof is in the pudding... it most certainly is not in the way the pudding was prepared.
Shinsei Kage
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Feb 3 2005, 08:49 PM)
QUOTE(Shinsei Kage @ Feb 3 2005, 10:43 PM)
Yes, and I'm sure that you'd be MUCH nicer and more civilized than he is if you were to be put in his situation.  rolleyes.gif

you fail to understand the fact that a little bitch is a little bitch is a little bitch. its like those axe murders who said they are the way they are cause they were molested as child. who cares? it doesn't change the fact they're axe murders and deserve to be killed. as they say the proof is in the pudding... it most certainly is not in the way the pudding was prepared.
[snapback]106107[/snapback]

...Wrath isn't nearly as twisted as an axe murderer....o_O
hitokiri
really? he's wanted to steal someone else's mother and claim their limbs as his own... if thats not axe murder level twisted logic i don't know what is....
Shinsei Kage
You know, Wrath wouldn't be so messed up if he hadn't of eaten those fake stones. He was tolerable before that happened. Wrath couldn't do anything to stop the way the stones changed him. No axe murderer that I know of was forced to eat fake red stones that made them mean and evil.

You might might as well hate Envy, too, since it's kind of his fault that Wrath became so corrupted. rolleyes.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(Shinsei Kage @ Feb 3 2005, 09:02 PM)
You know, Wrath wouldn't be so messed up if he hadn't of eaten those fake stones. He was tolerable before that happened. Wrath couldn't do anything to stop the way the stones changed him. No axe murderer that I know of was forced to eat fake red stones that made them mean and evil.
[snapback]106112[/snapback]

Wrath ate the stones willingly, even if Envy gently placed one into Wrath's mouth first. The greedy kid probably thought it was candy. He should know better than to take candy from strangers.
hitokiri
i don't hate wrath cause he's evil.. i hate him cause he's a whiny bitch. he always was one, from the moment they found him. "i don't know who i am.... i want someone to play with me... you're mean... i turned myself into a bed..." he's one long whiny crapfest.
Username05
I hate wrath, but I love Wrath2... biggrin.gif

play this game!

http://www.flashplayer.com/games/wrath2.html

http://www.flashplayer.com/games/cursorthieflive.html
Kast
I don't like him either. Lamest of all FMA villians.
Shinsei Kage
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Feb 3 2005, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE(Shinsei Kage @ Feb 3 2005, 09:02 PM)
[snapback]106112[/snapback]

Wrath ate the stones willingly, even if Envy gently placed one into Wrath's mouth first. The greedy kid probably thought it was candy. He should know better than to take candy from strangers.
[snapback]106113[/snapback]

How would he know not to take food from strangers if he was never told that? After all, he lived ALONE on an island for basically his whole life.

@Kast: I agree, Wrath IS the lamest of all FMA villians. I don't hate him, though--I don't hate any character. That's right, I don't even hate Shou Tucker! GASP!
Quistis88
QUOTE(Shinsei Kage @ Feb 3 2005, 09:43 PM)
How would he know not to take food from strangers if he was never told that? After all, he lived ALONE on an island for basically his whole life.
[snapback]106124[/snapback]

I was merely trying to emphasize his incapability to do reasonable things by giving an (irrelevant?) analogy. biggrin.gif
Omakase Shimasu
It always seemed to me the Sins wouldn't be able to resist those stones since they're basically what gives them life (or is it 'what gives them a body'?). Meh.

Wrath is wooby. Wooby is love.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(arche @ Feb 3 2005, 08:22 PM)
IPB Image
[snapback]106084[/snapback]

Fresh_Coffee *drools* it's so very beautiful

QUOTE(Shinsei Kage @ Feb 3 2005, 08:33 PM)
[SPOILER]...Wrath is a 7-10 year old little boy who has had an awful life. First he has to live in the gate until he attained Ed's limbs, then he had to live alone on a deserted island. He isn't accepted anywhere--not with the humans because he's a homunculus, and he's barely accepted with the homunculus because he has two human limbs. Wrath sure as hell didn't get a chance to live the life of a normal person, just like all of the homunculus aside from Pride, and I guess maybe Greed. Bascially, he thinks that nobody loves him--and he wants attention. He wants a mom to care for him and give him attention, because he's been deprived of that for quite a long time. Not to mention that, because he's at such a young age, you can't expect him to always make smart decisions. I wouldn't be suprised if Wrath goes insane from all that he has to deal with--if that hasn't happened already, that is.[/SPOILER]

I'd whine and cry too if I were in his position. And, you know, I think it's funny how people love the heartless, merciless killers, or the kind of characters that would sell their own mother for a buck, and yet they can't stand the whiny, I-crave-attention little kids. Nice.
[snapback]106093[/snapback]

Ok I can understand where you are coming from but we hate Wrath and don't like him and main reason is because he is whiny and if you don't like it you might aswell not come back to this topic because there will be a lot of bashing, it says WRATH HATERS. XD but you brought up a good point about people loving heartless, merciless killers but it's like Hito said they had extreme things done to them.
ἀρχή
Yes, this topic is for rational and irrational hatred of wrath smile.gif
thisbedavid
Beh... I hate Wrath too
First time I saw him...looked like some annoying kid
After that he kept crying and whining all after that.

Started to like him a bit when he talked to Ed and Al....but after that...no more

just like everyone said...he was always whiny... I dont like Wrath at ALL.... sleep.gif
why did they let him live.
He killed Lust and technically Sloth also.
He even started to annoy all the other characters..like Envy and Dante.

I disliked him more after he killed Lust .... I was hoping Gluttony would eat him after he found out he killed her.
beh... I would've prefered ANY other one of the homuncolous to live other than Wrath..
ἀρχή
QUOTE(thisbedavid @ Feb 7 2005, 01:05 AM)
I disliked him more after he killed Lust .... I was hoping Gluttony would eat him after he found out he killed her.

Yes, it would have been nice for Gluttony to eat Wrath. Although Wrath would probably make gluttony's stomach sick dry.gif
Fresh_Coffee
Gluttony eating Wrath I would have to see that! I hope he dies in the movie a most painful death *nods*

Arche: Can I put the Wrath Haters banner as my sig XD?
ἀρχή
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Feb 7 2005, 09:43 PM)
Arche: Can I put the Wrath Haters banner as my sig XD?
[snapback]108868[/snapback]

You can do whatever you want with that banner. I made it to help inspire wrath hate and I'm sure that you'll use it for that purpose smile.gif.

You have to work your threads by using strategically placed shameless plugs. In a time when you must compete with spam threads, it's important to do all you can to bring in the crowds smile.gif
Mr Orange
I had hoped that Wrath would be a big strong guy or something, but it turned out that he was a little crybaby sad.gif
Ohkami
I agree with all of the points brought up so far, and I mainly disliked him because he was trying to steal Ed's other limbs, even though he only had two real ones left. He's so stupid for thinking that having human limbs would make him human.

When they first met him, I knew that he had to be one of the Homunculi but I didn't expect his powers to be so...weak.

Like he doesn't actually have a Homunculi ability does he? The Alchemy comes from Ed because of his limbs, or is his fusion ability counted as it? I don't know but all of the others have abilities that are unique to them, but Wrath doesn't.

Meh, whatever, I just never liked him anyway, stupid whiny brat.
Fresh_Coffee
Good point his powers suck. What good to attach yourself to something, oh wow your attached to a table I'm so scared!

Arche: *nods* Oh thank you master I'll listen to your advice!
linhdz
Everyone I just have to say one or two things and they are that
1.I agree with all of you
2.Ohkami I agree with you why dosen't he just leave ed alone he has enough things to cope with and then that whining little brat sleep.gif
Fresh_Coffee
I have to say that's one of the stupidest things you can say , Oh I can be human if I have your arm and leg I'll finally be normal. Ya sure you'll be normal I mean you Just have someone else's limbs.
Shinsei Kage
You know, when Ed and Al were about Wrath's age (maybe even older), they did something incredibly stupid. They tried to ressurect Trisha when they KNEW that human alchemy was not only forbidden, but it had also never been accomplished successfully. Also, they thought that sacraficing a drop of their own blood would be enough to pay for Trisha's soul. Yes, highly intelligent. dry.gif

Also, I'm kind of glad that they didn't make Wrath an awesome-super-powerful-sexy-merciless-cold-blooded type of character. I don't want another <insert cliche anime badass here>, I see them everywhere. He could have been a little more likeable, though. *sigh*
Tobu Ishi
Meh. Wrath isn't that bad. He's whiny and socially maladjusted, yes, but he's no worse than many of the characters in this series. I can understand his need to be loved--he is a kid, after all, albeit a very screwed up kid.

And he does have healing powers. He's been killed and come back to life before. Perhaps he was running low on red stone when he was burned, and that's why he was unable to regenerate? *shrug*

Anyway, Wrath's power seems to be the ability to add things to his own body, be they a rock, a handful of gatling guns, or...part of a bed. blink.gif The alchemy seems to have come as a side effect of stealing Edward's living limbs, and therefore getting the ability to 'jack into' Edward's gate and perform alchemy. And since Wrath's body is not human and therefore able to be mucked with via alchemy, he can turn himself into a living weapon. Maybe it's just as well the limbs were taken away before the poor kid learned the true extent of that ability.

So yeah. Wrath's very messed up, and it's a viewer's prerogative to hate any character, I suppose...I just don't see any great need, personally, to abhor the kid. I'm saving my rancor for more evil types, like Barry and Dante, as opposed to confused, angry little boys. ^^;;
biodermic
[quote=Shinsei Kage,Feb 8 2005, 08:26 PM]
You know, when Ed and Al were about Wrath's age (maybe even older), they did something incredibly stupid. They tried to ressurect Trisha when they KNEW that human alchemy was not only forbidden, but it had also never been accomplished successfully. Also, they thought that sacraficing a drop of their own blood would be enough to pay for Trisha's soul. Yes, highly intelligent.
[/qoute]
Don't mix ignorance and stupidity. It wasn't stupid, they thought that they could do it, they had good theory and whatnot, but they didn't know the consequences for their actions. Anyway, he dosen't say that the blood will be exchange for the soul, he thought that bringing the body back along with their blood would lure the soul back to the body. It came from not being aware of the existance of the gate, and therefore, not knowing that he had to retrieve the soul.
[quote=Fresh_Coffee,Feb 8 2005, 05:54 AM]
Good point his powers suck. What good to attach yourself to something, oh wow your attached to a table I'm so scared!
[/quote]
indeed, although he would be pretty damn scary if he existed in the manga and had a philosopher's stone at his core, he'd be like, all powerful.
Le Monkey
Wow, Sweet topic..

Wrath is justr so Dam winey!!!!
Ryuu
Well, I like Wrath cause he's Homunculus and he's evil, but maybe he's a little annoying.
ἀρχή
*brings in coffee and cookies*

These are Wrath Haters coffee and cookies, feel free to have some.

I see that we all need to talk about how much we hate wrath. It's very distressing to watch Wrath do anything, so a support group is definitely in order. Please express your distress that Wrath has caused you and have a cookie smile.gif
Le Monkey
Yay, Coffe and cookies...

love you arche!!!!
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Shinsei Kage @ Feb 8 2005, 08:26 PM)
You know, when Ed and Al were about Wrath's age (maybe even older), they did something incredibly stupid. They tried to ressurect Trisha when they KNEW that human alchemy was not only forbidden, but it had also never been accomplished successfully. Also, they thought that sacraficing a drop of their own blood would be enough to pay for Trisha's soul. Yes, highly intelligent.  dry.gif
Also, I'm kind of glad that they didn't make Wrath an awesome-super-powerful-sexy-merciless-cold-blooded type of character. I don't want another <insert cliche anime badass here>, I see them everywhere. He could have been a little more likeable, though. *sigh*
[snapback]109634[/snapback]

Wrath is about Edward's age and he is still doing stupid stuff sleep.gif. You really shouldn't be in this topic because we REALLY HATE WRATH and it dosen't matter if you can justify his actions we will always hate his guts. I mean I can see where you are coming from but he just sucks. Though he was ok before he went all nuts.

QUOTE(arche @ Feb 9 2005, 06:17 AM)
*brings in coffee and cookies*

These are Wrath Haters coffee and cookies, feel free to have some.

I see that we all need to talk about how much we hate wrath. It's very distressing to watch Wrath do anything, so a support group is definitely in order. Please express your distress that Wrath has caused you and have a cookie smile.gif
[snapback]109889[/snapback]

COFFEE!!!!!!! AHHHHHHhh
ἀρχή
This topic is for rational and irrational hatred of Wrath. There should be no Wrath justifying in this topic. If you want that, then you'll have to make a Wrath lovers topic or something dry.gif

Viva the Wrath Hate!
Fresh_Coffee
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com:81/foru...wtopic=2063&hl=

Go to the link above you Wrath likers you'll be welcome there happy.gif or if you want to justify Wrath go there people will support you this is really not the right place like Arche said. Anyone think that Manga Wrath is cool though?
Crystal Alchemist
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Feb 9 2005, 07:29 PM)
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com:81/foru...wtopic=2063&hl=

Go to the link above you Wrath likers you'll be welcome there happy.gif or if you want to justify Wrath go there people will support you this is really not the right place like Arche said. Anyone think that Manga Wrath is cool though?
[snapback]110398[/snapback]

Yeah, I hate Wrath, but he's not even a little boring compared to Gluttony. "May I eat this old man?"; "May I eat him?"; "May I eat her?" "May I eat this armor guy?"...
Shinsei Kage
Don't mix ignorance and stupidity. It wasn't stupid, they thought that they could do it, they had good theory and whatnot, but they didn't know the consequences for their actions. Anyway, he dosen't say that the blood will be exchange for the soul, he thought that bringing the body back along with their blood would lure the soul back to the body. It came from not being aware of the existance of the gate, and therefore, not knowing that he had to retrieve the soul.

Yeah right. They read books upon books that said very clearly: Human Alchemy Is Forbidden. They KNEW that it was wrong and they KNEW why it was taboo, yet they did it anyway. What they did was s-t-u-p-i-d.

Wrath is about Edward's age and he is still doing stupid stuff

No, actually, Wrath is quite a bit younger.

This topic is for rational and irrational hatred of Wrath. There should be no Wrath justifying in this topic. If you want that, then you'll have to make a Wrath lovers topic or something

Since I respect your guys' opinions, this will be my last post, because I can see that you guys don't exactly...ah...how shall I say this...really look into the characters. But, oh well.

Oh, and I never said I loved Wrath. I like him, but he's far from being a favorite character of mine, so why would I bother making a Wrath lovers topic? All I said was that, while he could behave better, I don't believe he deserves all the hate he gets.

Wow, not only are you people stubborn, but you assume things, too.
ἀρχή
QUOTE(Shinsei Kage @ Feb 9 2005, 10:56 PM)
Wow, not only are you people stubborn, but you assume things, too.
[snapback]110497[/snapback]

FYI: this is all about a bit of fun too tongue.gif

If you want a balanced discussion of characters, that's what the other threads are for. I'll even go there if I want to talk rationally about wrath. This is the place for irrational and unbalanced/unconcerned discussion about wrath.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.