Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrath (FMA-1) Haters?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Shinsei Kage @ Feb 9 2005, 08:56 PM)
Don't mix ignorance and stupidity. It wasn't stupid, they thought that they could do it, they had good theory and whatnot, but they didn't know the consequences for their actions. Anyway, he dosen't say that the blood will be exchange for the soul, he thought that bringing the body back along with their blood would lure the soul back to the body. It came from not being aware of the existance of the gate, and therefore, not knowing that he had to retrieve the soul.

Yeah right. They read books upon books that said very clearly: Human Alchemy Is Forbidden. They KNEW that it was wrong and they KNEW why it was taboo, yet they did it anyway. What they did was s-t-u-p-i-d.

Wrath is about Edward's age and he is still doing stupid stuff

No, actually, Wrath is quite a bit younger.

This topic is for rational and irrational hatred of Wrath. There should be no Wrath justifying in this topic. If you want that, then you'll have to make a Wrath lovers topic or something

Since I respect your guys' opinions, this will be my last post, because I can see that you guys don't exactly...ah...how shall I say this...really look into the characters. But, oh well.

Oh, and I never said I loved Wrath. I like him, but he's far from being a favorite character of mine, so why would I bother making a Wrath lovers topic? All I said was that, while he could behave better, I don't believe he deserves all the hate he gets.

Wow, not only are you people stubborn, but you assume things, too.
[snapback]110497[/snapback]

We did not assume well me anyway that you love Wrath we are just saying to not justify him in this topic unsure.gif ok I'm going to drop it no point in fighting anymore let's just shake on it even if your not going to post here anymore. XD Anyway anyone would like to answer my question about Manga Wrath being cool though?
ἀρχή
Sorry, but I don't really read the manga. Just not into manga reading in general *hides*
konic vince
I can imagine that Wrath in the manga is cooler than the anime one...first you don't have to hear his whiny voice, and second, you dont have to watch him make annoying faces over and over, in animation

And Fresh Coffee saved me from getting shot, by putting that advertisement into their sig lol
Queen of the dammed
Actulay, manga Wrath is [SPOILER] Bradley[/SPOILER] so, NO WHINY B*ST*RDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! XDDDDDD
AA battery
[quote=biodermic,Feb 9 2005, 01:43 AM]
[quote=Shinsei Kage,Feb 8 2005, 08:26 PM]
You know, when Ed and Al were about Wrath's age (maybe even older), they did something incredibly stupid. They tried to ressurect Trisha when they KNEW that human alchemy was not only forbidden, but it had also never been accomplished successfully. Also, they thought that sacraficing a drop of their own blood would be enough to pay for Trisha's soul. Yes, highly intelligent.
[/qoute]
Don't mix ignorance and stupidity. It wasn't stupid, they thought that they could do it, they had good theory and whatnot, but they didn't know the consequences for their actions. Anyway, he dosen't say that the blood will be exchange for the soul, he thought that bringing the body back along with their blood would lure the soul back to the body. It came from not being aware of the existance of the gate, and therefore, not knowing that he had to retrieve the soul.
[/quote]

I agree with biodermic altho I also agree with most other point that Shinsei Kage made in this topic. I would admit that I didn't look deeply into Wrath's character... because I began to hate him since that stupid brat fused a bed with himself and started getting all whiny and such... When I was 12, (I know that Wrath was only 10 but 2 years shouldn't make THAT much of a difference) I suffered from a few surgeries and I never whined- I never cried in front of my parents unless I am in serious pain (there is no way you can hold back tears when your chest just got SLICED OPEN and some tubes just got put in there.)

mehh, back on topic x.x Shinsei, DON'T compare Ed and Al with that homunculus. Wrath wanting to get Ed's body to be human is a selfish attempt. Ed and Al wanting to get back their mother is not. AND ED WAS OF THE SAME AGE AS WRATH (AL WAS ONLY 9!!!) SO NO EXCUSES FOR WRATH. Also, in the Alchemy books that Ed and Al read, it wasn't stated what kind of consequences are from a Human Transmutation Taboo, so they wouldn't have known. And yes, IGNORANT. They were only ignorant kids. Even myself, I would save my parents and especially my littler brother (If it weren't for him I wouldn't be alive today) with my life. And yea, the blood for only for "soul information" so that the soul and identify the new body as her own. MOREOVER, WRATH WAS FROM INSIDE THE GATE SO HE SHOULD BE SMARTER THAN ED AND AL but he wasn't. Maybe he have seen the truth, but was still too stupid to understand any concept of it. I mean, Ed right away, understood that his theory and such are not enough and later on is aware that it takes much more than 2 person to transmute 1 person. So Wrath, really, should understand that taking Ed's limbs won't make him human, and understand that he got no soul.

no more compairing now x.x Other reasons why I hate that brat:
- HOW DARE YOU KILLED LUSTTT!!! SHE IS MY FAV HUMUNCULUS IN ANIME~~!!!!!
- You knew that Izumi is your mother... stop denying it and stop trying to kill her ~_~
- Why the hell did you steal Ed's limbs????
- Eww, why did you fuse with Sloth?
- and more... ^^;

and thanks for coffee & cookie XD
Full Flame Alchemist
Look at my sig!!! I hate Wrath too!!! I like all the homonculus except him,Especially Envy,(Well I did want Sloth to die but she's not that bad a character)Wrath is a bit of a letdown.

And the fact that he just goes off somewhere at the end is annoying. I wish he could die. rolleyes.gif
Nemu
HATE. WRATH. Wrath needs to DIE. ENVY IS COOLER! And Wrath is a bit of an Envy ripoff.
Next to that, what kinda "cool power" is alchemy if all the alchemists can do it? And Wrath can't even do it in the intelligent, controlled way! Psh.

The only coolness of Wrath, if there is any, is that he's a nice plot device for one episode. sleep.gif; Urgh. Should've made him cooler, but NO. It had to be a whiny brat.

Oh, and Full Flame: the plural is Homunculi. wink.gif Japanese just don't use it.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Feb 10 2005, 11:59 PM)
Actulay, manga Wrath is [SPOILER] Bradley[/SPOILER] so, NO WHINY B*ST*RDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! XDDDDDD
[snapback]111365[/snapback]

Oh yes I know XDD his not annoying at all he is actually pretty cool now why can't anime wrath be like that. I feel sorry for Izumi-sensei 0_0 you would think she have a crazy son(I think this was mentioned before) instead she got some crazy brat who wants to kill her. dry.gif I still believe that Wrath was the reason Sloth died.
Wanna-be
quote=Shinsei Kage,Feb 3 2005, 08:33 PM

I'd whine and cry too if I were in his position. And, you know, I think it's funny how people love the heartless, merciless killers, or the kind of characters that would sell their own mother for a buck, and yet they can't stand the whiny, I-crave-attention little kids. Nice.

Here here! laugh.gif This is a really mean place and i've come way to late to change anything but think about it this way:

Ed and Wrath same a very similar past expect:
Wrath didn't mess up...
Wrath didn't have al

I could complain on and on but i'm sure you won't like me talking about ed

Moral of Wrath: We could all easyly become soo powerless
Wanna-be
Darn this is such an interestion topic (even if i'm late)
It's like democrate vs rep.

BUT i must defend even if you say i'm stupid:

If this is about whinying little bastards you have to wonder about why he must be just a all-the-names-you-called-him at all

One stand point was because he was born with that destiny and so we should pity him

another could be so that fans couls hate him but come on...

Ok I got it! Wrath is only as crappy as he is to reflect on Ed's past and sin!
So open your eyes and look as Wrath in a whole to this FMA cummunity
really
To ppl who says " you have to look back at the reason why Wrath is annoying"
- I don't want to look. Wrath sucks as an anime character. I don't really care how he has been through things but he's annoying PERIOD Every scene you have to see him yelling mama mama. Idiot! your mama is Izumi not Sloth. Only one leg and arm of Ed and he thinks Ed's mom(I mean Sloth) is his mom? It doesn't make sense to me.

However, the part where he wants Ed's remained limbs is understandable to me. I think Wrath knows stealing Ed's limbs won't make him human but he just wants to do it anyway to satifsfy his sick mind. I don't hate him for this.

Anyway, all in all, he's just too annoying to watch. If he's a real person in our real world then we will look into his problem. BUT this is ANIME, I hate seeing him whining and acting stupidly evil, while I think there should be some more interesting scenes of other characters that has more effect to the story.

I'm glad I finally found this thread. I have always kept my hate for Wrath to myself from the moment I saw him because ppl in my country seem to like him so much (I'm from Thailand)

Oh, little question here : I noticed that Wrath doesn't even have to draw a circle or clap his hand to do alchemy. Why?
ἀρχή
QUOTE(really @ Feb 12 2005, 09:43 AM)
Anyway, all in all, he's just too annoying to watch. If he's a real person in our real world then we will look into his problem. BUT this is ANIME, I hate seeing him whining and acting stupidly evil, while I think there should be some more interesting scenes of other characters that has more effect to the story.

Oh, little question here : I noticed that Wrath doesn't even have to draw a circle or clap his hand to do alchemy. Why?
[snapback]112306[/snapback]

Exactly, this isn't real life, it's anime. and Wrath is annoying as an anime character. Thanks for joining the club and understanding the actual purpose of this little club smile.gif

I believe he can do the alchemy without a circle as part of his homunculi powers. At least that's what I gathered. If someone else knows more, please chime in.
konic vince
Haha but Wanna-be (the unregistered guest) has a point. Wrath could be some sort of metaphor used to reflect on Ed's past and sin. It really does make sense the more you think about it. But that doesn't make Wrath any cooler XD
phoenix dying
QUOTE(konic vince @ Feb 12 2005, 10:05 AM)
Haha but Wanna-be (the unregistered guest) has a point. Wrath could be some sort of metaphor used to reflect on Ed's past and sin. It really does make sense the more you think about it. But that doesn't make Wrath any cooler XD
[snapback]112352[/snapback]

Wrath is ed's exact opposite. I can't explain it but its in every story. (example the matrix-neo and smith)
Fresh_Coffee
Go Guest took the words from my mouth! All you wrath kiddies or just want to justify him I got an idea that I already suggested
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com:81/foru...wtopic=2063&hl= <-------- GO THERE YOUR WANTING TO SEE WRATH AS A WHOLE BELONGS THERE *nods* XD don't you feel like clicking that link?
Full Flame Alchemist
oh i forgot one more thing:

-apparently he doesn't have homunclus healing like the others, since he is still burned from the sloth incident and can't regenerate his limbs (or the limb regeneration is just a greed power)

Actually, that's not true. What about when Lust kept slashing him. He said that he would just keep coming back to life.

Though I still hate Wrath!!! mad.gif

The Lust killing,sloth loving whingy kid.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Full Flame Alchemist @ Feb 13 2005, 02:20 AM)
oh i forgot one more thing:

-apparently he doesn't have homunclus healing like the others, since he is still burned from the sloth incident and can't regenerate his limbs (or the limb regeneration is just a greed power)

Actually, that's not true. What about when Lust kept slashing him. He said that he would just keep coming back to life.

Though I still hate Wrath!!! mad.gif

The Lust killing,sloth loving whingy kid.
[snapback]112815[/snapback]

I like the latter " The Lust killing, sloth loving Whiny kid." I don't feel sorry for him that his "arm" and "leg" were taking away from him it's toll you get for being whiny. Be bratty and exchange we take your arm and leg!
Haldir of Lorien
oakay umm not to bring us off the topic but I'm confused,Whatt about Wrath mad.gif carring a former part of Trisha Elric. and I agree.Wrath is whiny.thinks he ' has a bad life but to tell the truth,Ed and Al's story makes me cri a little sad.gif .Wraths story just makes me say to Wrath"HA HA SUCKS FOR YOU!" if you know what I mean
Haldir of Lorien
blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif huh!Wraths mother is IZUMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
konic vince
exactly, the dumb dope suddenly confuses his mother for sloth and followers her every where she goes, and eventually you know what happens to sloth, and it's all because of Wrath
ἀρχή
wrath=loser

That's about all I can say right now. He's just a big fat loser and doesn't properly get what he deserves in the end unfortunately.
Guest_Haldir of Lorien_*
Welll, if I t were my doing to decide Wrath's fate, I would have his tounge cut off and dropped into the pits of Hell
konic vince
QUOTE(Guest_Haldir of Lorien_* @ Feb 15 2005, 06:39 PM)
Welll, if I t were my doing to decide Wrath's fate, I would have his tounge cut off and dropped into the pits of Hell
[snapback]114700[/snapback]

I would rather have his tongue cut off and have him dropped into the pits of hell, and I'd keep the tongue as a souvenir. Of course, I would do none of these things because I thankfully am a human being with some clemency rolleyes.gif lol
Full Flame Alchemist
I would. biggrin.gif
Fresh_Coffee
Actually I would prefer to have all the homonculi beat him up and then do the following said earlier XD
Envys lil' miniskirt
I'm so glad I found this thread, it's been cracking me up for a few days.

Oh, how I hate Wrath, let me count the ways.

First of all, he's whinny and cries at the drop of a hat. Throughout most of the scenes he was in I felt like screaming. "STFU or I'll give you something to cry about!"

Second, he added nothing to the storyline except some background on Izumi, and we could of found out about that without his annoying presence. There was only a short time where he wasn't annoying in his pre-evil state. Very short.

Third, he's an ingrate. Who took his useless ass off the island, Izumi! Who fed and gave shelter to the ingrate, uh Izumi once again! He seems to have a short memory. I still wonder where he got the idea that Sloth was his mommy, and obviously he rememberd Izumi after he was turned evil since he ran right to her after his first encounter with Envy.

So yeah, I hate Wrath with a passion. I laughed at him when Sloth died and sang the old punk rock song "I saw your mommy and your mommys DEAD" to him when he started crying. I laughed when Envy beat him up.

Even though his story is sad and I did cry for Ed and Al when their mom died. I just couldn't muster up any sympathy for Wrath.

biggrin.gif Wrath haters unite!
Envys lil' miniskirt
Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

He killed Lust! One of my fave baddies done in my some brat!
Full Flame Alchemist
Actually I would prefer to have all the homonculi beat him up and then do the following said earlier XD

I would do that. biggrin.gif
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Envys lil' miniskirt @ Feb 16 2005, 04:19 PM)
So yeah, I hate Wrath with a passion. I laughed at him when Sloth died and sang the old punk rock song "I saw your mommy and your mommys DEAD" to him when he started crying. I laughed when Envy beat him up. 

Even though his story is sad and I did cry for Ed and Al when their mom died. I just couldn't muster up any sympathy for Wrath. 

[snapback]115215[/snapback]

AAHAHAH "I saw your mommy and your mommys Dead" you have a real passion of hate towards him then again a lot of people do. I know how about we start top 10 ways to kill Wrath?
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Feb 17 2005, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE(Envys lil' miniskirt @ Feb 16 2005, 04:19 PM)

[snapback]115215[/snapback]

AAHAHAH "I saw your mommy and your mommys Dead" you have a real passion of hate towards him then again a lot of people do. I know how about we start top 10 ways to kill Wrath?
[snapback]116235[/snapback]

Here, I'll answer that.
While it would be hard to kill him we can still have some fun.

How about, we string him up by one leg (his perferably) and use him as a pinata. I'd like to see Envy, maybe Greed and defenately Izumi take a few good swings at him. Somehow I think Envy would have too much of a good time.

Or, we give Edward a hatchet and have him go reclaim his arm and leg and anything else he might like in the process. Hey, Wrath does have great hair.

"Go git 'em Chibi-san!"
Mortari
I don't like Wrath any more than any of you do, but I have an idea why he believes Sloth is his mom. My theory is since he is so dememented and wants to BE Ed, he thinks his mom is Sloth, since she looks like Ed's mom.
On the subject of ways to kill him. I put the spoiler marks because it's pretty gross and I don't want anyone complaining.

[spoiler]First we cut open his stomach and make him eat his intestines. Then let him bleed to death. [/spoiler]
Fresh_Coffee
So it's agreed we allow Envy took some beating up? XD now anyone want to draw a picture of that?
kitsune911
I hate him more than anyone because he killed by favorite full metal character, lust. and it was just when i started to realize how cool she was. though i knew she was gonna die because of the way she was fooling around with him while she was killing him(always happens to cocky characters who take too long to kill in anime) i was enjoying watching her slice up the other homunculi and it was almost as if she had turned human, with the feelings and whatnot. cry i think the best death for him would be too be eaten by gluttony, that is the only compensation i will accept.
Fresh_Coffee
So far 1 person who wants Wrath to be killed by Gluttony and I think 3 people who wish Wrath to be beat up by Envy.
sharpieaddicted
i dispise wrath. *shakes fist*
( how do you do those cool spoiler tags that all you have to do is just click???)

[spoiler]wrath was stupid for fusing with sloth making her paralyzed since wrath absorbed trisha's bone.[/spoiler]

also the fact that he sealed and killed lust. ;_; i liked lust.
she reminded me of lady deathstrike.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(sharpieaddicted @ Feb 20 2005, 01:44 PM)
i dispise wrath. *shakes fist*
( how do you do those cool spoiler tags that all you have to do is just click???)
[snapback]118141[/snapback]

We no longer have those XD that was the old verison of the forum. Another wrath hater welcome!
Mortari
QUOTE(kitsune911 @ Feb 19 2005, 03:25 PM)
and it was just when i started to realize how cool she was.
[snapback]117486[/snapback]

I know what you mean. Just when I start to like her a lot more, she gets killed. I despise Wrath with passion for killing her. Wrath needs pain and suffering...I don't care how as long as he gets what he deserves.
kitsune911
ooo all we have to do is find sumone with an inuyasha avatar and well be the whole team. yuyu, inuyasha, and full metal r my favorite animes by the way. i guess i should talk about the topic but your avatar excited me. i hate wrath-there ya go
Phyco girl
BWA HA HA! laugh.gif You guys are hilarious!!! I'd LOVE to see Wrath beat up by Envy biggrin.gif How do you do the spoiler tags in the first place? It dosn't work when I do it huh.gif Anyways FMA rocks!!! I love it! WRATH SUX!!! XD

(Also I can't find the Edit button huh.gif )
Fresh_Coffee
Phyco girl: [ Soplier ] Whatever you want to put in here [/ Soplier ]

That was a sample, spell Spolier properly and you should get it. XD Someone should really draw a picture of Wrath getting beat up by Envy. That would make me so very happy!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Feb 21 2005, 05:29 PM)
Someone should really draw a picture of Wrath getting beat up by Envy. That would make me so very happy!
[snapback]119188[/snapback]

If only I could draw. *sigh*
Fresh_Coffee
It's fine use stick people just label them XD oh and make sure you draw wrath really ugly so we can identify the little brat.
Azura Elric
*raises hand* I volunteer! ....*twitches* except I don't know Wrath that well yet.... Oh well! I just need a good pic of Envy and Wrath and I'll start working on it. happy.gif
Fresh_Coffee
YAH! We have got an artist people thanks so much Azura Elric I can't wait for your masterpiece XD post it up soon.
Azura Elric
Well here you guys go. It's not the best but it's what I can do in a small amount of time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/Dri...ypunchwrath.jpg

THIS IS FOR PULLING MY HAIR!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/Dri...noyedwrath2.jpg

Envy doesn't even have to lay a finger on Wrath lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/Dri...nnoyedwrath.jpg

You're such a crybaby!
Fresh_Coffee
*falls in love* I gotta tell Arche happy.gif it's a mircale ahahaha, Wrath is getting beat up.
Azura Elric
I had this one part where Wrath threw Ed at Envy and then Ed slammed into a wall. lol
It didn't turn out very good though.
FMA Fan
i really hate how wrath cries and stuff in the beginning.it just plain annoying! mad.gif hey has anyone seen the whole seires yet,well i have. biggrin.gif
Full Flame Alchemist
Most people have seen the whole series. rolleyes.gif Here is a picture of Wrath crying to annoy everyone.

IPB Image
Fresh_Coffee
It's hurt to see him crying on Izumi-sensei *cries*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.