Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Movie Quotes
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Omamori
John Myers: "What makes a man a man?" a friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices that he makes; not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them.

Liz Sherman: In the dark I heard your voice, what did you say?
Hellboy: I said, "Hey, you, on the other side - let her go. Because for her I will cross over, and then you'll be sorry!"

-'Hellboy' (2004)

Carol-Ann: They're here...

Carol-Ann: They're baaack...

-'Poltergeist' (198-)

Daxos: We expected Sparta's contribution to at least match our own.
King Leonidas: Doesn't it?
[points to Arcadian soldier behind Daxos]
King Leonidas: You there, Arcadian! What is your profession?
Free Greek-Potter: I am a potter, sir.
King Leonidas: [points to another soldier] And you, what is your profession?
Free Greek-Sculptor: Sculptor, sir.
King Leonidas: Sculptor.
[turns to a third soldier]
King Leonidas: And you?
Free Greek-Blacksmith: Blacksmith.
King Leonidas: [behind him] SPARTANS! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?
Spartans: HA-OOH! HA-OOH! HA-OOH!
King Leonidas: [turning to Daxos] You see, old friend? I brought more soldiers than you did.

-'300' (2006)

EDIT:
(I have more XD)

Snaps: If it's Poole you want, it's Poole you'll get. But, Lisa, you've *got* to cross the finish line on this one! This is your third fiance today and it ain't even lunch yet!

Connie: I warned him, boss.
Aldo: Anthony said it was a matter of life an death, boss.
Snaps: And will you two mugs stop callin? me "boss"? It ain't respectable!
Aldo and Connie: Sorry, boss.

Sophia: Now you fired the maid?!
Snaps: No! She quit to marry Bruce Underwood!
Sophia: When did that happen?!
Snaps: I don't know...somewhere between my vest and my pants.

Snaps: Of course I knew! I just had no idea!

Aldo: Never witness nuthin'; you live longer.

Snaps: I'm used to dealing with mobsters and bootleggers and gonzos, but you bankers...are scary.

Snaps: You're going to marry this bum. Just as soon as I get my hands on him... And after the wedding you'll move into a nice ground floor apartment.
Lisa, Snaps daughter: Why a ground floor apartment?
Snaps: Because after I break his legs, he's not gonna make it up any steps!

Snaps: ...Take Louie 'The Lug' McGurk. Died tragically at 25.
Anthony: I'm twenty five. What happened?
Aldo: Somebody stepped on his fingers.
Anthony: And that killed him?
Aldo: He was hanging from a window ledge of the Edison Hotel at the time.

-'Oscar' (1991)
joanne45
[looking through Shaun's LPs for suitable records to throw at two approaching zombies]
Ed: 'Purple Rain'?
Shaun: No.
Ed: 'Sign o' the Times'?
Shaun: Definitely not.
Ed: The 'Batman' soundtrack?
Shaun: Throw it.
Ed: 'Dire Straits'?
Shaun: Throw it.
Ed: Ooh, 'Stone Roses'.
Shaun: Um, No.
Ed: 'Second Coming'.
Shaun: I like it!
Ed: Ahhh! 'Sade'.
Shaun: Yeah, but that's Liz's!
Ed: Yeah, but she did dump you.
Shaun: Oh!

Ahem, Shaun of the Dead (2004)
Mat-Mat
tongue.gif "Somebody's......FABULOUS!!!!!" - The Grinch shaving the head of Mayor Who. wink.gif

mellow.gif I seriously don't know why I like that, but it was in my mind and I really love that quote. happy.gif
joanne45
Eli Sunday: We have a sinner with us here, who wishes for salvation. Daniel, are you a sinner?
Plainview: Yes.
Eli Sunday: The Lord can't hear you, Daniel. Say it to him. Go ahead and speak to him, it's alright.
Plainview: Yes.
Eli Sunday: Down on your knees and up to him. Look up to the sky and say it.
Plainview: What do you want me to say?
Eli Sunday: Daniel, you have come here and you have brought good and wealth, but you have also brought your bad habits as a backslider. You've lusted after women, and you have abandoned your child. Your child that you raised, you have abandoned all because he was sick and you have sinned. So say it now- I am a sinner.
Plainview: I am a sinner.
Eli Sunday: Say it louder- I am a sinner!
Eli Sunday: Louder, Daniel. I am a sinner!
Eli Sunday: I am sorry Lord!
Plainview: I am sorry Lord.
Eli Sunday: I want the blood!
Plainview: I want the blood.
Eli Sunday: You have abandoned your child!
Plainview: I have abandoned my child.
Eli Sunday: I will never backslide!
Plainview: I will never backslide.
Eli Sunday: I was lost, but now I am found!
Plainview: I was lost but now I'm found.
Eli Sunday: I have abandoned my child!
[Plainview glares at him]
Eli Sunday: Say it... say it!
[Plainview mumbles]
Eli Sunday: Say it louder... say it louder!
Plainview: I've abandoned my child! I've abandoned my child! I've abandoned my boy!

- There Will Be Blood (2007)
Rainshine
"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionares! We could buy all sorts of usefull things like... like love!"
--Homer Simpson

I love this.
Artixte
"You see, sir, a man infatuate with love, her ardent and eager slave. So fetch the pomade and pumice stone and lend me a more seductive tone, a sprinkling perhaps of French cologne, but first, sir, I think... a shave."

"The closest I ever gave."

from Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Rainshine
^ LOL laugh.gif
joanne45
Prem Kumar: [starting lines] So Jamal, tell me something about yourself.
Jamal Malik: I work in a call centre in Juhu.
Prem Kumar: Phone basher! And what type of call centre would that be?
Jamal Malik: XL5 mobile phones.
Prem Kumar: Ohh... so you're the one who calls me up every single day of my life with special offers?
Jamal Malik: Actually I'm an assistant.
Prem Kumar: An assistant phone basher? And what does an assistant phone basher do exactly?
Jamal Malik: I get tea for people and...
Prem Kumar: Chaiwalah! Well ladies and gentlemen, Jamal Malik, garma garam chai dene walah from Mumbai, lets play Who Wants To Be A Millionaire!

Jamal Malik: I knew you'd be watching
Latika: I thought we would meet only in death.
Jamal Malik: This is our destiny
Latika: Kiss me

- Slumdog Millionaire
MaiShadowAlchemist
-"Above all things I believe in love. Love is like oxygen- love is a many splendored thing- love lifts us up where we belong! All you need is love" Christian
-"If I should die... this very moment.. I wouldn't feel. I've never known completeness like being here, wrapped in the warmth of you, loving every breath of you" Satine
-"We're creatures of the underworld. We can't afford to love" Harold Zidler
"Christian, you may see me only as a drunken, vice-ridden gnome whose friends are just pimps and girls from the brothels. But I know what love is, only because I long for it with every fiber of my being. She loves you, I know it, I know she loves you" Toulouse-Lautrec
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return" Christian
Moulin Rouge (*sniff* *sniff* Love it!!)
kazare
This one is from New Moon . . . Actually it is a dialogue but I think it can qualify . . .
A werewolf(not certain about his name): So you are running with vampires huh?
Bella: Not Literally, they're fast!

This one is a cute little flick from YouTube
Bella : I know who you are
Edward: Say it Out Loud
Bella: A mermaid?

One from twilight . .
Edward: What's in Jacksonville?
Bella: You didn't answer my question so I wont answer . . . *Slips off*
Edward: Could you please watch where you walk?
I-luv-FMA
"I am here to chew gum and kick arse. And I'm all out of gum."
-They live
TheRuffian
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero" -The Narrator
Fight Club
Saving_Grace
^ Pretty sure Fight Club is one of the most quotable movies ever.
"I am Jack's smirking revenge." & "This is Bob. Bob has b***h tits."

"The world moves for love; it kneels before it in awe." - The Village
TheRuffian
It's also a quotable book! hehe

I don't know if this counts, because it's from Trigun the anime, but...
"We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself"
-Wolfwood
Razzy
"In the words of John Lennon: You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not."
- Barry, Dinner for Schmucks

"Every living creature on Earth dies alone."
- Donnie Darko
EdokunEdo
i havent seen this movie yet but one of the quotes

Stacey Pilgrim: I mean, did you really see a future with this girl?
Scott Pilgrim: Like... with jetpacks.
A Pierrot's Aria
I never usually remember quotes, but one that I do remember and love is actually from Disney's Aladdin. laugh.gif

"Yo, Rugman! Haven't seen you in a few millennia. Give me some tassel!" Genie. xD

I don't know why, I just love it. laugh.gif
EdokunEdo
This isnt from a movie, but i was watching episode 10 of fma
(Ed after being restrained to have a needle)
Ed: Ill turn you all into fish!
MaiShadowAlchemist
Paulie Bleeker: I still have your underwear.
Juno MacGuff: I still have your virginity.
Paulie Bleeker: Would you shut up?

Mac MacGuff: I thought you were the kind of girl who knew when to say when.
Juno MacGuff: I don't know what kind of girl I am.
----- (Juno)

Columbus: Hey, for f*!@'s sake, enough already! We are being chased by ravenous freaks. Like we don't have enough problems. Oh, they stole my hummer. Oh, we have trust issues. Well get over it! Can't we just f*!@ing drive down the road playing I Spy or some .... for two hours like four normal-arse Americans? f*!@ me.
Tallahassee: Whoa.
Columbus: I know.
------ (Zombieland)

Dorian Gray: Ah. The bedroom, Mina. Does it give you memories? Or ideas?
Mina Harker: Ideas.
[She stabs him in the groin]
Dorian Gray: [gasping] If that had been permanent, I'd have been very upset!

Mina Harker: You broke my heart once. This time you missed.

Mina Harker: You're sweet... and you're young. Neither are traits that I hold in high regard.
------ (The League Of Extraordinaire Gentelmen)

Kat Stratford: I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.
------ (10 Things I Hate About You)

Chairman: We must not expect happiness, Sayuri. It is not something we deserve. When life goes well, it is a sudden gift; it cannot last forever...

Sayuri Nitta: [anguish] I want a life that is mine!
------- (Memoirs Of A Geisha)

Capitán Vidal: You could have obeyed me!
Doctor: But captain, to obey - just like that - for obedience's sake... without questioning... That's something only people like you do.

Carmen: You're getting older, and you'll see that life isn't like your fairy tales. The world is a cruel place. And you'll learn that, even if it hurts.
[throws the mandrake onto the fire]
Ofelia: No! No!
Carmen: Ofelia! Magic does not exist. Not for you, me or anyone else.

Pan: The moon will be full in three days. Your spirit shall forever remain among the humans. You shall age like them, you shall die like them, and all memory of you shall fade in time. And we'll vanish along with it. You will never see us again.
------ (Pan's Laberynth)

Flynn Rider: Alright blondie.
Rapunzel: Rapunzel.
Flynn Rider: Gesundheit.

[looking in the mirror with Rapunzel]
Mother Gothel: Look in that mirror. I see a strong, confident, beautiful young lady.
[Rapunzel smiles]
Mother Gothel: Oh look, you're here too.
[laughs]
Mother Gothel: I'm just teasing! Stop taking everything so seriously.

Rapunzel: So mother, earlier I was saying tomorrow is a really big day, and you didn't really respond, so I'm just gonna tell you: IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! Tada!
Mother Gothel: No no no, can't be. I distinctly remember, your birthday was last year.
Rapunzel: That's the funny thing about birthdays, they're kind of an annual thing.

Thug: That's a lot of hair.
Flynn Rider: She's growing it out. Is that blood in your mustache?
[to Rapunzel]
Flynn Rider: Goldie look at this. Good sir that's a lot of blood!

Flynn Rider: Rapunzel?
Rapunzel: Eugene!
Flynn Rider: Did I ever tell you I've got a thing for brunettes?
------ (Tangled)

.....Yeah, I have a thing for quotes XDXDXD
The Mad Bomber
Reservoir Dogs

Mr. Blonde: Listen kid, I'm not gonna bull.... you, all right? I don't give a good f*!@ what you know, or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway, regardless. Not to get information. It's amusing, to me, to torture a cop. You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before. All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get.

Silence Of The Lambs:

Hannibal Lecter: A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

The King`s Speech(Surprisingly good movie actually, but I may have been entertained by it because of the historical context.)

King George VI: [Sees Logue is sitting on the coronation throne] What are you doing? Get up! You can't sit there! GET UP!
Lionel Logue: Why not? It's a chair.
King George VI: No, that. It is not a chair. T-that... that is Saint Edward's chair.
Lionel Logue: People have carved their names on it.
King George VI: [Simultaneously] That... chair... is the seat on which every king and queen has... That is the Stone of Scone you ah-are trivializing everything. You trivialize...
Lionel Logue: [Simultaneously] It's held in place by a large rock. I don't care about how many royal arseholes have sat in this chair.
King George VI: Listen to me. *Listen to me!*
Lionel Logue: Listen to you? By what right?
King George VI: By divine right if you must, I am your king.
Lionel Logue: No you're not, you told me so yourself. You didn't want it. Why should I waste my time listening?
King George VI: Because I have a right to be heard. I have a voice!
Mhacy
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore

That's for now, I'm pretty busy. I might change it later. I just want to let out my love for the Harry Potter series. The last movie is awesome. (just watch it on theater) *sniff*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.