Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Superhero
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2, 3
hitokiri
so the recent discussion about superheroes in the Penny for Your Thoughts thread has made me think about back in the day when i was a kid and all the comics i read. so the question is.... Who is your favorite superhero?

my picks are Hal Jordan (the greatest of the Green Lantern Corp) and the Punisher (he brutally kills his opponents)

now before you batman fanboys/girls out there get on my case about my batman suckms statement, here's why i believe that batman sucks....

1) he has no powers, even in the comic book universe it is completely unbelievable that batman can beat anyone... he sucks. note that i'm talking about the bruce wayne batman. the batman from batman forever and the batman from hell (when bane crushed bruce wayne's spine) are both good batmen, however bruce wayne sucks.
2) he's a 35+ year old man living with a young boy/teenager and a old man in a cave.... yeah... if that doesn't say freaky pedophile i don't know what does...
3) he doesn't kill people, all good non-powered heroes should kill people.
4) there is no reasonable way that the joker shouldn't have been able to kill him.
5) did i mention the fact he has no powers and he lives with two other guys in a cave?
6) the nipples on his batsuit in the movies
7) the unoriginal naming of his gear...bat this and bat that... seriously get a thesaurus.
Fresh_Coffee
I agree with you hitokiri Batman has smarts but he basically can't really do anything else. Well I don't really have a favourite super hero but since I've started watching Smallville Superman is becoming interesting.
psycho alchemist
green lantern all the way, and batman is kinda gay.
Username05
At least Batman dosn't live with his Grandma like Spiderman...
hitokiri
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Feb 1 2005, 05:40 PM)
I agree with you hitokiri Batman has smarts but he basically can't really do anything else. Well I don't really have a favourite super hero but since I've started watching Smallville Superman is becoming interesting.
[snapback]104091[/snapback]

i don't know about smallville, but the traditional superman was too good and boy scout-like for my tastes. there's just something TOO good about him...

also the movie peter parker is nothing like the peter parker of the comic books, the comic peter parker was a pimp with camera; swinging 70's bachelor pad, hot models girls, and alot more realistic than the movie boy scout version of him... the dude was pimp.
Slashrose1010
Oh, I am going to love this thread smile.gif

I like Batman ( I know you said not to bother you but here are my two cents anyways). I think he is very cool because he doesn't have powers. He uses his detective skills and scientific knowlegde to subdue his enemies. He has a dark past. He lives in an awesome setting (Gotham). He doesn't kill because he doesn't think anyone deserves it because he knows what he went through as a child witnessing his parents getting shot. I know the whole Robin thing seems inappropriate but it isn't like that laugh.gif The villains are cool too. I like the Joker and Poisen Ivy a lot.

I like Green Lantern too. I like the one from Justice league and the one with Red hair was OK. (Sorry, I can't remember his name). The story is great and Sinestro is cool. The whole oath thing is so cool.

The X-Men are awesome. I especially like Gambit+Rogue as a couple but Gambit is cool by himself. Wolverine is also awesome but hate Scott Summers. Bobby (Iceman) is also cool (no pun intended). Psyloch is an underrated X-Woman and Pheonix is also cool. Good villains and all around good story.

Spider Man is cool because in the original one he made the cartridges not naturally like in the movies. He has a troubled past also. Green Gob and Hob Gob are both cool. I like Venom as a good guy. Lizard also turned good I believe. Doc Oc is pretty cool.

Finally, Static is also underrated I think. He has an awesome power and Ananse the Spider is awesome. In the show they face real problems like racism, bullies, and relationship problems. The hoop squad was hilarious LOL. The villains are also very cool, like Francis Efstop (Hot Streak). A very cool arch-nemesis. Alva is also a cool badguy, though he is only corporate.

(Iron Man is Cool and War Machine is also very cool. [I am Iron Man, do do do do do do Vote for Me - Nelson (Black Sabbath)]
Username05
My favorite super hero/heros are the Wonder Twins!!
mei_tenshi
Superman seemed like a politician's attempt to create the all-American superhero--invincible, except for the kryptonite just for suspense's sake. That just doesn't feel right to me.
Full Metalloid Alchemist
Anyone looking for a good superhero experience go read Watchmen it will change the way you think of comics. Also, Kingdom Come is a very good graphic novels. Batman doesn't suck, hes better than most Marvel characters.
psycho alchemist
wonder twin powers activate...they are so messed.
gambit is the coolest x-men character of all time
Slashrose1010
@Mei: Agreed. But Kill Bill volume 2 makes a good point as how he is so original in the costume aspect.

I Forgot Teen Titans. They are cool. Slade Wilson (Deathstroke) is sooo cool. I like Tera even though she betrayed them. Cy is sooo cool too. I love him.
hitokiri
i do agree that batman has some good villians though i really don't like bane or poison ivy so much, but the joker is the freakin man... (though i still believe he would have bruce wayne tortured and dead in real life)

iron man? eh... he's neither here nor there, to me he's one of those middle of the road characters like the fantastic four or kingpin...
Dancing Alchemist
I watch Smallville sometimes. Well I really don't have a favourite Superhero.
Username05
Shape of an ice bridge!
Form of an eagle!

There should always be a super hero that isn't needed...
The old Green Lantern was better. he had corny punchlines...
A super hero needs corny punch lines! biggrin.gif
psycho alchemist
there's supposed to be a fantastic 4 movie coming out sometime soon. it'll propably suck though
hitokiri
yes... hal jordan is the best lantern of all time. though i am partial to john stewart as well..

what's not to like about john stewart? angry black green guy with a lantern ring... that makes for good reading in my book...

free virtual basket of persimmons to anyone who can tell me who rori dag is....
Slashrose1010
That's the one, John Stewert. He is my fave Lantern (though I haven't seen many others). He is so cool though.

Rori Dag was the freakish orange GL wasn't he?
hitokiri
no... rori dag is not the orange guy... most likely you are refering to kilowog...

you will not find rori dag in any cartoon, this is one of those old school comic book questions....

randomly guessing probably won't help since in the GL universe at any given time, barring monumental castrophes, there's roughly 3600 GLs.
Username05
Welp Hal Jordan is my favorite... he needs to come back... sad.gif
hitokiri
he's still around... though he's the spectre now.... for him to be a GL again would be a step down in power.
Slashrose1010
@Hito: Is Rori Dag the original Green Lantern that the Gaurdians chose?

BTW, I like John Stewerts Oath a lot. It's so cool smile.gif
Username05
Yay Hal Jordan!!!
IPB Image
hitokiri
very good.... now what website did you look that up at? laugh.gif
Username05
Here you go!
http://www.universohq.com/Quadrinhos/2004/n05042004_01.cfm
Slashrose1010
@Hito: Sorry, but I am not as big of a comic fan as you. I found it on Google lol (Slash comes clean) At least I bothered to learn something. Very intersting story on Dag.
Username05
And here is my favorite GL picture ever, I wish I could draw like this...
IPB Image
hitokiri
hey at least you learned something about the GLC, so that makes me happy...

next on the agenda... the combination of my two propagandic passions...

making Richard Moll a honorary GL... laugh.gif
Fresh_Coffee
Isn't that flash ? Flash is crazy the fastest man alive.
hitokiri
yes... the Flash is no joke... but his food/shoe budget must be immense. though that 90's flash tv show sucked much ass however.
psycho alchemist
this talk of all these great superheros made me think of in my opinion one of the worst superheros of all time, aquaman.
Slashrose1010
@Hitokiri:

Rori Dag, The Original Green Lantern

Sorry, but my photobucket account was acting up, tell me if it doesn't work.
hitokiri
w...aquaman... i don't know if he's THE worst but he is up there. captain america was pretty bad as well. hell he couldn't even end world war II by himself, whereas other superheroes saved entire worlds/galaxies/universes/dimensions solo.
Slashrose1010
But GLC sometimes gather in groups to stop major disasters. But I see what you mean.

I think Captain America wasn't that bad because he was only human. It shows how imperfect and fragile we really are. Capt. Canadia needed the help of Logan (Wolverine) didn't he?
Gashole
Mighty Mouse, Atom Ant, Plastic Man, the Flash. mellow.gif
Those are the only ones I remember.

Oh, and Freakazoid. biggrin.gif
Username05
Welp now that I have changed my avatar and sig, I am happy
GL rules!!!
Wonder Twins unite!
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Feb 1 2005, 04:22 PM)

Your wish is my command...

Richard Moll Green Lantern

Sorry it isn't of very good quality.
dragonofchaos
my favorite superhero is raven from the teen titans or scarlet witch from x-men :evolution
Slashrose1010
Ugh, X-Men: Evolution was amonstrosity. The character drawings stunk. I don't think they stuck to the original story either. I don't know, I didn't watch much of it.

So was the new SpiderMan for MTV. The only good remake was Batman Beyond. Like Static, this show is also underrated in my opinion. I thought they should have made more episodes. The problem was that it was aimed at an age group that can't appreciate it.
hitokiri
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Feb 1 2005, 07:28 PM)
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Feb 1 2005, 04:22 PM)

Your wish is my command...

Richard Moll Green Lantern

Sorry it isn't of very good quality.
[snapback]104190[/snapback]

w... but i would think that richard moll would take a cue from john stewart and be a maskless lantern
Username05
I don't think he would use his ring the right way...
Slashrose1010
^@Hito: Yeah, but how else would I decorate him? He would look pretty plain with just that GL pin on his tie laugh.gif Maybe I can make a more thorough pic for your new Richard Moll thread tongue.gif
ἀρχή
Punisher was great.

Power Puff Girls

Wait, you meant comics dry.gif - It's been a while since I read comics
dragonofchaos
yeah but scarlet witch was the best of all the mutants in x-men:evolution
hitokiri
my new favorite superhero.....

IPB Image

The Moll Lantern laugh.gif
Username05
HAHAHAHAHA laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
THat is the funniest thing I have ever seen!
dragonofchaos
that scares me a bit
psycho alchemist
thats the best picture ever biggrin.gif
alchemist x
Captin Planet, he's my hero.
cutt'n bad guys down to zero.
dragonofchaos
ahhh must kill captin planet that show had the most gasyest(as in the homo gay) characters ever in the histroy of all shows and the plot made no sence what so ever
alchemist x
I was kidding, but really I would have to say... the flash
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.