Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mulitple Accounts / Email Validation
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Announcements & Site News
Pages: 1, 2
bryantq
Due to the increasing number of users registering multiple accounts with fake email addresses, we have turned on email validation for the user registration process.

Additionally, if we catch you creating multiple accounts in order to avoid suspensions or bans, or just doing it for the hell of it, we will delete them, suspend your main account, or permanently ban you and your ip address from the forums.
Quistis88
bryantq, have I told you how much I love you recently? laugh.gif
xrninja
bryantq has my undying admiration as well. laugh.gif
hitokiri
yes thank you very much for inacting this

also, does that mean you IP banned that kid from yesterday?
ἀρχή
Malicious use of user accounts should be strictly punished. It's important to state up front that multiple accounts won't let you get away with malicious attacks on the forums. Now that the series is moving forward on Cartoon Network, the site will no doubt attract more people and this announcement is a good step forward in ensuring the health of the message boards.

I admire all the hard work the admin and mods put into this forum smile.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Jan 30 2005, 09:06 PM)
also, does that mean you IP banned that kid from yesterday?
[snapback]102996[/snapback]

I have directed bryantq to his/her/its IP, and I'm sure the correct steps have been taken to prevent him/her/it from doing any potential damage ever again.
Ailuro
I'm sincerely grateful for this action. I hope the forums will become much more enjoyable and less irritating now. happy.gif
dreamcatcher_alchemist
bryantq and all of the mods have my undying gratitude for this one. you guys (and gals) are awesome.
mei_tenshi
I bow to all the mods and especially bryantq! *bows* Unleash your almighty powers and show them what you're capable of!
Le Monkey
Yay, I was wondering when this would happen...
What happened with the kid from yesterday?
eerabbit
yes..do tell
DragonAlchemist
please? lol. i have noticed that happening before.....
Fresh_Coffee
Dreamcatcher_Alchemist is now a GP? Welcome to the force!
alchemist x
no quis just said that they used to let people have those sigs
Fresh_Coffee
Ya I know I just asked Quis! happy.gif
Bleeding Heart Alchemist
QUOTE(bryantq @ Jan 30 2005, 07:15 PM)
Due to the increasing number of users registering multiple accounts with fake email addresses, we have turned on email validation for the user registration process.

Additionally, if we catch you creating multiple accounts in order to avoid suspensions or bans, or just doing it for the hell of it, we will delete them, suspend your main account, or permanently ban you and your ip address from the forums.
[snapback]102963[/snapback]

I had to make a new account because my other 1 wasn't working.Go ahead and delete it please.I only made what?60 something comments.It was The Man Who Laughed
Maes-Hughes
just wondering, whats wrong with having 2 accounts? what if you get bored of your current username? just a question
Kakashi's#1 girlfriend
I'm changing this

Having two accounts does'nt seem fair for those who have one.(Not being mean)
Pamster
I read in another topic that you can PM bryantq and request a username change, but I personally haven't heard back yet regarding my own desired name change. So I don't know how to advise anyone. I assum bryantq is bogged down with PM's so that would be why I haven't heard anything yet. I have to admit whatever someone did musta been bad to get banned. Some people are just stupid and don't deserve the priviledge of being part of this community. tongue.gif
Ladymercury (unable to login)
My validation email hasn't been sent yet :/ Its been 24 hours and I have yet to recieve one. I've been clicking on the resend validation request for the longest now and have yet to recieve a single thing. This is depressing. Anyone know how to go about this?

Username: Ladymercury
Ladymercury (unable to log in)
Okay, its been three days and I have yet to get a validation email to confirm my account so I can start posting under my real name. I tried to email the board administration but his/her email was bounced back to me saying that the email does not exist.

How am I able to post on these forums if I can't get a validation email sent to me successfully. I tried changing my email to allow a new one and I can't even do that.

Someone, please, help me here. I'm tired of posting as a Guest user :/
Riza-Hawkeye
Try login in and then clicking on resend e-mail validation icon on the top of the forum's home page.
If it works don't be shy to thank me!! tongue.gif
I've been doing that for the past three days ._.
Tombow
(I'm sure you already thought about this, but just in case....)

Try checking your emai's spam filter, and make sure the validation email from the board is not getting rejected, or filed under spam, junk mail, or trash folders of your e-mail account??

Also, it might be that the board has been having some tech problem?? or so it seems because it had been down a couple of times recently, so maybe that's the reason it has been taking time with your validation??
Have you tried posting your problem in some of site support forums for the board, like tech support forum here: http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...php?showforum=7 ??

Anyway, I hope you can get it done soon!! unsure.gif
I've already checked my spam filter and junk filter and I haven't recieved anything in those boxes. I can't post topics, I have restrictions... I can only reply to topics or I would have posted this issue a long long time ago. sad.gif

I hope these tech issues get fixed so I can become a full-fledged member ! sad.gif
Guest_silveryCross_*
I'm having the exact same problem as LadyMercury.
Ailuro
Try creating a new email and register with it instead.
I am already registered on the forums and I hate to have to give up this name.... ._. I mean, can't the admin just validate us himself???? I mean, all I need is a validation approval. My email is correct and everything... all I need is just the email.
Ailuro
Weird~ I don't know why it wouldn't work. Hmm~
Ladymercury (unable to log in)
This is depressing ;_;
Could anyone just pm the admin or something and relay this message that the validation isn't working for some members? I wish I could but his email bounces back:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

forums@fullmetal-alchemist.com
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<forums@fullmetal-alchemist.com>:
host fullmetal-alchemist.com [69.16.150.50]: 550 <forums@fullmetal-alchemist.com>:
Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

Guest_Ladymercury_*
Man, now I'm getting this error everytime I click on the link:

Sorry, the Validation Key is incorrect for this member. Please check the URL or the data you entered into the form. If the error persists, please contact a member of staff to assist you. If this validation isn't recent, it's possible your old account has been removed.
Ailuro
We're doing all we can to remedy this problem, please bear with us.
JoshP1389
I'd just like to point this out that I had another account under the username, Debaser. I made this one because my e-mail validation didn't go through. It even didn't show up in my spam folder.
Migchao
Thanks! I thought about doing this, but I hought I would get banned!
Le Monkey
I dont see why people need multiple accounts.. mellow.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(JoshP1389 @ Jan 16 2006, 12:19 PM) [snapback]339001[/snapback]
I'd just like to point this out that I had another account under the username, Debaser. I made this one because my e-mail validation didn't go through. It even didn't show up in my spam folder.

Cases such as these would be allowed. smile.gif
caerulcis
i think i may have another account floating around somewhere, i don't really know how though.
Weapons Alchemist
I just made this account because i didnt like the name on my other one, but i dont know how to delete my pre exsisting account (1st Lieutenant Fuzor Leogala).

Can i delete it my self or does Admin do it??
Bakka
thank you to the administrators for there decisive actions toward violaters ^^ *dances in there honor*
Colette
Oh, my brother, (goes by Gutudak) joined today. We'll have the same IPs but we're different people, obviously.

Just a little heads up in case you see him around and suspect an alternate account. (Though I doubt he'll post at all...>>)
Toonami_Tom
Well, i'm new here. I read the rules and have multiple accounts is bad. I only like to say that Reno is my brother, not other account from me.

It means that we are different persons

Thanks to the administrators to understand wink.gif
asunder
kay thanks for the head's up.
Robo-Mechanic
@bryantq: I agree with the email validation, Great Idea. ^^
Artixte
I have to say,this is probably my third account because of the stupid old email addresses I have but I finally kept hold of it, happy.gif' I lose them,the passwords,can't get in,make a new one,a hole lotta wurdz...I'm really forgetful BUT this is the one account I will try to stick to this time rolleyes.gif ...hopefully,but most likely ph34r.gif I'm stupid,sorry sleep.gif Just to inform,thats why im posting '-'
kazare
So. . . what can I do if I wanted to have multiple account that have different e-mail addresses? is that okay??
Tombow
QUOTE (kazare @ Dec 17 2009, 02:10 AM) *
So. . . what can I do if I wanted to have multiple account that have different e-mail addresses? is that okay??

@kazare - Actually, no. tongue.gif On our board, each member can have only ONE active permanent account. ^^ If you happen to have made multiple accounts for some reason (sometimes this happens with various reasons, such as, while registering for our board the first attempt to get the account verified did not go through, etc., and it's all right as long as the member did not know that we are not supposed to keep more than one account.. ^^) then please tell us by posting here what happened, and which account you would like to keep as your permanent account, and which one(s) you would like to discard (please list all account IDs) and the board can take care of the rest. There will be no penalty nor changes in the member status, etc. to the one member ID you decide to keep, and you can keep going and posting as usual on that account. smile.gif

(But, if you happen to make more than one account, and then knowingly keep posting on multiple accounts, the worst case is that all of your accounts may get deleted or suspended, and you may no longer make any new account. ohmy.gif Let's avoid this to happen, by discarding all the extra accounts and keeping only ONE active permanent account on our board. ^^)
kazare
I have a pal here who created an account . . . Unfortunately her she forgot her password in her first account (frozen rose) and well she uses the Naomi Kumiko (cutiedivine) account now . . . . Can ya do all the action needed . . . ? TY biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Tombow
^ Aha, all right. ^^ I think "frozen rose" account hasn't been validated yet, hence, as long as Naomi Kumiko (cutiedivine) would no longer wish to validate that account, I think that would be fine. biggrin.gif
So, uh... you (kazare) and Naomi Kumiko (cutiedivine) are two separate persons? unsure.gif
(Sorry for asking, but I'm getting little confused, and thought of double checking. ^^ If these two are the two accounts for the same person, then you can pick one to be used permanently for our board, and that would be fine. smile.gif )
kazare
QUOTE (Tombow @ Dec 24 2009, 06:15 PM) *
^ Aha, all right. ^^ I think "frozen rose" account hasn't been validated yet, hence, as long as Naomi Kumiko (cutiedivine) would no longer try to validate that account, I think that would be fine. biggrin.gif
So, uh... you (kazare) and Naomi Kumiko (cutiedivine) are two separate persons? unsure.gif
(Sorry for asking, but I'm getting little confused, and thought of double checking. ^^ If these two are the two accounts for the same person, then you can pick one to be used permanently for our board, and that would be fine. smile.gif )

Um actually, That girl is my friend and that account belongs to her . . . Well I do not control that account anyways . . . Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.