Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coolest Battle Scene
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Dark State
<Moving from FMA Anime Japanese Audience sub-forum to FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum 02/22/07 ~Tombow>

Alright...What was the coolest battle scene in FMA? There were a lot so say as many as you want laugh.gif

For me, it would definetly be the final Ed and Greed fight. The finishing blow was awesome...
Ailuro
Yes Edward vs. Greed. was a great fight. Also Edward vs. Envy. Super flippy action!
phoenix dying
I agree the ed vrs envy fight was good.

I say the fight between Pride and Mustang was one of the best!
brigadier mustang
QUOTE(phoenix alchemist @ Jan 29 2005, 02:36 PM)
I agree the ed vrs envy fight  was good.

I say the fight between Pride and Mustang was one of the best!
[snapback]101026[/snapback]

yep both of these i also liked the slicer brothers vs. ed

and also i liked greed vs.ed
Tobu Ishi
I liked the sparring scene between Ed, Al, and Armstrong, actually. And the kidnapping of Al by Greed's gang...

But I would have to say that my favorite fight scene, off the top of my head, was Barry vs. young Ed. There was something really viscereal about it. The setting was spine-chilling (all those pig carcasses, yeughh...) and Ed was very much a frightened preteen being forced to put his combat training to use seriously for the first time: panicking, half-crying, tripping over things and flailing helplessly.

Most anime tend to play the hero as very skilled in combat, so that fights are fun to watch but the outcome is clear from the start...or they let the fight degenerate into a "at the last second I pull out my supar sekret atakk!" situation. That scene came as close as possible for the eighth episode in a 51-episode series to convincing you that the main character was on the verge of becoming meat for the grinder....pun intended. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.
Merc
I loved the spar between Pride and Roy in episodes 50-51. Come on, you know it rocked. That and the spar between Ed and Roy in episode 13, but that was mainly because it was frikken' hilarious.

~Merc
white dragon knight
Ed vs. the slicer brothers was great and Ed vs Greed was a great batte too.
Fresh_Coffee
Wrath and Sloth VS Edward and Lust
blueices
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jan 29 2005, 02:15 PM)
Yes Edward vs. Greed. was a great fight. Also Edward vs. Envy. Super flippy action!
[snapback]101020[/snapback]

Agreed, Ed vs Greed hands down.

Ed had major cartwheel kicking action....there's animated gif on this site of the end of that fight. (so amazing!)
konic vince
definitely Ed vs Greed, that was an awesome fight

Ed's so nimble
Sycia
Mustang VS Elric.

D
Ryuji1314
Ed vs. Greed of course
vegita625
QUOTE(konic vince @ Feb 3 2005, 06:42 PM)
definitely Ed vs Greed, that was an awesome fight

Ed's so nimble
[snapback]105923[/snapback]

Like the Slicer said, he's like a monkey. A small monkey laugh.gif.

Anyway, my favorite fights are as follows:

1.) Greed vs. Ed

2.) Roy vs. Ed ("You're so short you probably don't bump into the rails, do you?" "WHO'RE YOU CALLING SHORT?!" heh heh) Man! I CAN'T wait for that episode to show up on dub later tonight, this oughtta be great...

3.) Slicer vs. Ed
kholdstare121
Mustang v.s. Pride was awesome. Ed v.s. greed was great too. Also the lust and glutony fight with scar was great. If I had to choose one, it'd be ed and greed's fight.
thisbedavid
Slicer and Ed was nice. I also liked Al and Barry, Al & Ed vs Wrath, if you would count that since it wasnt that long haha.
Anything with Envy cause his flips and monkey movements make it good to watch.

I would have to say the best might be Scar's battles. Especially Scar vs Lust & Gluttony.
I mean come on.... blowing up anything with your arm has got to be cool.
blueices
I loved Scar versus those random bikers (no contest) laugh.gif When he grabs one guy by the head (with one arm) and destroys him, it was fantastic.

-The best part of Roy vs. Ed...

Hughes: Ready......(runs away) START!!!!
Ed: ???????????/
Roy: Osoi! (boom) happy.gif
Rena Elric
Ed vs. that armor guy in eps 21 to 22 that was awsom!
kyle
The battle between Ed and Greed was my favorite.

Roy and Pride was cool, too.
kitsune911
well its not really a battle but i like the one where izumi beats up ed and al while reading a book;especially the part where she throws the book in the air, flips them both, then catches it. (all while giving them an alchemy lesson)
sharpieaddicted
Ed and Greed was probably my favorites
but roy and ed was hilarious. i liked that one too.
Angela
Definately Ed and Greed. vv00t
Fullmetal Fangirl
I know it only lasted about 15 seconds and it wasn't really a fight, but it's kool when Riza goes BANG BANG and shoots Archer, that bastard deserves it!

Also, I like Pride vs. Roy, that was kool...
blueices
QUOTE(Angela @ Feb 19 2005, 04:26 PM)
Definately Ed and Greed. vv00t
[snapback]117488[/snapback]

No Contest happy.gif

(Watch the attachment and be amazed) laugh.gif
vegita625
The best INTRO to a fight scene was definately Scar and Crimson Alchemist. The chimeras charge straight at Scar and he moves his right arm back and forth to destroy all of them within seconds. That was just awesome to watch.
Ravashi
QUOTE(Tobu Ishi @ Feb 1 2005, 04:43 AM)
I liked the sparring scene between Ed, Al, and Armstrong, actually.  And the kidnapping of Al by Greed's gang...

But I would have to say that my favorite fight scene, off the top of my head, was Barry vs. young Ed.  There was something really viscereal about it.  The setting was spine-chilling (all those pig carcasses, yeughh...) and Ed was very much a frightened preteen being forced to put his combat training to use seriously for the first time: panicking, half-crying, tripping over things and flailing helplessly.

Most anime tend to play the hero as very skilled in combat, so that fights are fun to watch but the outcome is clear from the start...or they let the fight degenerate into a "at the last second I pull out my supar sekret atakk!" situation.  That scene came as close as possible for the eighth episode in a 51-episode series to convincing you that the main character was on the verge of becoming meat for the grinder....pun intended.  I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.
[snapback]103500[/snapback]

Yeah that was a great scene!! And Ed vs Greed, Roy vs Pride and Ed vs Envy

And anything Gluttony...I found out today I'm his fan...he's sweet...except for the human eating thing...I think he's one of the nicest homunculi...and I just love his expressions...I grinned almost all day like mad...you know when he gets to eat a person...and I put my finger in my mouth a lot to...my friends kept yelling at me to stop both things...
Ballistic Alchemist
QUOTE(vegita625 @ Feb 21 2005, 12:22 AM)
The best INTRO to a fight scene was definately Scar and Crimson Alchemist.  The chimeras charge straight at Scar and he moves his right arm back and forth to destroy all of them within seconds.  That was just awesome to watch.
[snapback]118722[/snapback]

That was awesome and then scar and crimson starts blowing everything up trying to destroy each other then crimson blows up scar's left arm then all a sudden *Blood Gushing Noise* scar sticks his arm thru crimson... insane ph34r.gif
lialiakicks
What about the Roy vs. Ed in ep. 13? I LUV THAT BATTLE!!! =^^=

I didn't really care for the Ed vs. Greed. How Greed died was just pathetic (AURGHBLERGH!!!) LOL!!!
Ravashi
OOh yeah that one is cool too!! I just watched it today...lol for the forth time or something...
Otoki Tomoe
I watch episode 13 a lot. I love the fight between Roy and Ed. It makes me laugh. I also like watching Ed and Al spar (and spar with Armstrong tongue.gif).

As far as bad-guy-vs-good-guy fight scenes, I'd have to say Ed vs Greed was probably my favorite, although I like Ed vs Number 48 (?) in Laboratory 5.
Ravashi
Ooh yeah totally forgot about Ed vs The Slicer! It was cool and Al vs Barry too!! I just can't stand Barry...bleg...
nekodesu
I liked the Ed vs. Roy one XD That one was funny.
NightMistress
Flame vs. Fullmetal is what does it for me. I've watched that ep just a little less and ep 37 and 51.
Kao
I dont' know how to explain, but the last opening of the few last episodes, when there fighting envy and such.
Toby-Chan
Ed and Al's little alchemy spat in the middle of a city street was funny. (Episode 38 or so?)

Ed versus Al in episode 3 was my favorite, just because it was sweet. Their sillhouettes as they spar, Alphonse saying he never wants to be separated from his brother, with 'Brat'ya' playing in the background just made it a very emotional point in the series.
Mustang's Apprentice
Pride VS Mustang

I'm guessing this is where Roy got most of his fanbase.
Edo-mame
Edo vs Greed, or whenever Edo fights close combat. It's so interesting to see a bean like him flip, dodge, cartwheel, doing that kick with his hands on the floor and kick himself off people. Reminds me of a monkey (and while watching the Slicer Bros's fight he called Edo a monkey right after I had that thought laugh.gif ). I also really liked how in Flame vs Fullmetal it showed Roy all bishie when he was snapping, though theres not too much fighting going on(running and hiding on Edo's part tongue.gif ).
MomoLuv
QUOTE(Mustang's Apprentice @ Apr 25 2005, 02:44 AM)
Pride VS Mustang

[snapback]159967[/snapback]

Nah, I was his AGES ago, before Pride. wink.gif

Most of Ed's fight scenes are good. I also like Izumi's, especially the one where she is going to get Wrath from the military building. Her strength is awesome.
NightMistress
QUOTE(Mustang's Apprentice @ Apr 24 2005, 02:44 PM)
Pride VS Mustang

[snapback]159967[/snapback]

He got it from me from the moment I saw him. Then he validated it by being just utterly cool.
Full Blade Alchemist
Ed vs. Greed or Pride vs. Mustang
kimichaninjapan
i love them all. but i like envy and ed in the last 2 episodes. I like how envy flips. the best part is when he turns into roy and asks ed if hed puch his boss. XD

oh and the last ending theme too. i keep watching that over and over....
Jellybean
Ed vs. Greed. The animation and the fight choreography was really nice on that one. I really liked how the point of view (what would have been the camera angle if it weren't animated) moved around alot. That must have been difficult. Also, Greed had the greatest death throes I've ever seen. I totally want to die in that position. laugh.gif
fullmetal_gradstudent
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 3rd opening (UNDO) when Ed and Al are fighting that snake thingy. I mean, come on, Al actually rips that thing in half! And I love the expression on Ed's face when he's hit with the blood splats.
-drake-
i liked the Scar and The Crimson Alchemist fight the best
budessa
Scar VS Kimblee. Maybe it's just because I wanted that bastard to die so bad. I was like YESSSS when Scar finally gutted him with his arm. It was awesome how he killed those chimeras (sp?) so easily too.

Haha, I love how when Ed was fighting Envy, he was so eager to punch him when he turned into Roy.

Oh, and the fight scenes from the 4th opening are incredibly rad as well. The animation is slick. It looks nice.
Varuna
QUOTE(fullmetal_gradstudent @ Apr 26 2005, 03:45 PM)
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 3rd opening (UNDO) when Ed and Al are fighting that snake thingy.  I mean, come on, Al actually rips that thing in half!  And I love the expression on Ed's face when he's hit with the blood splats.
[snapback]160984[/snapback]

Yeah! I definitely have to agree with tyou on that one. When i first watched it, it was like... wow blink.gif .

But i also like the Ed vs Greed fight. Ed's last attack was really impressive, very graceful movements.
MomoLuv
QUOTE(Varuna @ Apr 28 2005, 04:29 PM)
QUOTE(fullmetal_gradstudent @ Apr 26 2005, 03:45 PM)
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 3rd opening (UNDO) when Ed and Al are fighting that snake thingy. I mean, come on, Al actually rips that thing in half! And I love the expression on Ed's face when he's hit with the blood splats.
[snapback]160984[/snapback]

Yeah! I definitely have to agree with tyou on that one. When i first watched it, it was like... wow blink.gif .

But i also like the Ed vs Greed fight. Ed's last attack was really impressive, very graceful movements.
[snapback]162225[/snapback]

Yeah, that was awesome too. biggrin.gif But were those snake things in the anime? Coz I didn't see them... >_<
Guest_Chris_*
Hey everyone i am new to this site. i do not know of any other videos that have been made about the seven deadly sins but i have made a video featuring all of them. i think all the battles featuring the sins are good so if anyone is interested in seeing my video send me a message.
Yahoo messenger:Foozballplayer73
Aol Messenger:Bscorched
Electrastar
I didn't like Ed vs Greed for the simple reason that Ed beat Greed and I for one, don't think that Ed had the skill to beat someone who's the Ultimate Shield. Looking back, my favorite scene is Pride vs Roy. Poor Roy gets beaten up pretty bad. I wish he didn't win because a lucky break, but I'm still glad he came out victorious.
dchen_24
Ed vs Armor Al

when Ed got the automail for the 1st time and train with Al

there wasn't any alchemy envolved but still trippy as hell
Fullmetal Fangirl
Pride v Mustang

Pride nearly one, since he was chopping the living shyt out of Roy (are you ok, Roy?!) and stuff, he was getting beat up real bad and stuff but he ends up winning *pats Roy on the back* You did great, mate, you really did!

But stupid baka Frank Archer just HAD to shoot him in the eye! didnt he! didnt he?! *ahem* well yeah, I think Roy ended up with a broken arm or something and an eyepath for like the rest of his life. and poor Riza Hawkeye got shot in the right arm!! Archer REALLY needs to die! even though hes already dead, what ever, as lnog as hes gone...

*COUGH!* well..long post...but ohwell...biggrin.gif i reckon that right was kool!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.