Umm, hope I won't get killed for posting here... o.o I do agree all those hints you guys said (and do agree that Winry likes Ed...)
I did start out to be a EdWin fan when I first watch the series... but as I watch more, I kinda dropped that pairing and, well don't have any specific favourite other than RoyRiza... Reason being...
- I do believe that Winry has feelings for Ed, but Ed probably only treat her like an older sister...
- Ed MIGHT have feelings for Winry too, but he has got bigger things to worry about than Winry (He feels guilty for what happened to Al so... before he get that fixed, EdWin won't happen/he won't realize his feelings for Winry.)
- I would think EdRoze is better if you call those little blushes of Ed are crushes and love for Winry... *gets tosses tomatoes and eggs* okok, what I mean is... we are teenagers so it's complete normal that we blush with guys do us something "special"... like tutoring or helping with something or some sort... those are not love... just... feelings (not love, but from the care that we are receiving) Better explaination would be... 99.9% of the time Ed is with a guy (Alphonse most of the time, then, those military guys) so when a girl does something caring for him, well, normally you would blush... (Well, a guy with a girlfriend offers me a ride once a while and I would blush for that cuz that's caring... also, he is good looking XD but doesn't mean I love him that way =\)
- the Ed and Al fight to marry WInry: wellll... when I was in grade 4 I was fighting with like 3 other girls on this really cute boy (with good grades and nice personality) but that doesn't mean I would still go fpr him now... those are only puppy love
- Ed thinking of Winry as automail Mechanic... well, afterall it's his arm it gotta remind him of her when he sees it... also, he has got like, no family left other than Al, and he is a hollow suit of armor ;-; so the only family he got left are Winry and Pinako-baachan... and Winry is a childhood friend so she is the one he would think about the most other than Al and Trisha...
- don't you think it would be unfair to Alphonse if Ed and Winry do get together?
(finally, the true reason why I don't go for Ed and Winry... XD I think it's unfair to Al and Ed probably won't do that to depress Al... I know this is a stupid reason but whatever XDDDD *Alphonse-fangirl power*)
- I REPEAT, BLUSHING DOESN'T MEAN LOVE!!! I blush even when my FEMALE friends do me something nice... or when someone buys me something... even when my mom ties my hair because she rarely does that... does that mean I am a lesbian? HELL NO. It's the caring part that counts
- Detective Conan fans: if EdWin does get to as obvious as ShinRan... then sure, EdWin is the bean XD... but they are not like ShinRan altho Shinichi and Ran were also childhood friends, they did more obvious things like, blush WHENEVER they think of each other, Ran making valentine chocolate for Shinichi, Shinichi risking his life for Ran... etc if Ed and Winry do that then they are obviously the right pairing XD (non-DC fans: neither of Shinichi and Ran has proposed their love for each other yet)
- Ed saving Winry from Barry: cuz they are like siblings... Ed would do the same for Al and I am sure Winry would do the same for both of them... 2 weeks ago I just saved me friend from getting hit by a car and I ended up twisting my ankle... (couldn't walk for 2 days) doesn't mean I love her in that sense...
- Lastly... I just don't think that, there will be any EdWin scene in the movie... I mean, RoyRiza is obvious too but there wasn't any special scene of those two in the anime.... Also, FMA is not of romance genre so I totally doubt.... (I doubt there would be EdWin for manga too) and if Ed were to hug someone... it's probably Al first because after all, he spent 15 years of his life with him all the time, and for his 12 - 15 years, all he had in mind was to "find the philosopher's stone and restore Al"... the thing he most look forward to should be seeing the restored Al... shouldn't it? o.o
*flees before she gets killed by EdWin!fans... no, I don't hate EdWin, it's just that I don't think Ed likes her in that way yet, and not because I want Ed in my possession because I AM AN ALPHONSE-FANGIRL!! and I don't care about Ed as much ¬_¬;*