Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: God
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
alchemist x
<Moving the thread from Spam Central forum to Debate District sub-forum in Open Chat forum. 03/27/07 ~Tombow>

What do you think god is
Who do you think god is

Express your fellings about this
hitokiri
*looks at topic*

oh... this can't possibly end well....

*shakes head and leaves*
alchemist x
Hey, what is that supposed to mean.
Slashrose1010
Man this original (Sarcasm alert!)

I think God is the opposite of a nOOb.... So I guess Arche, Hito, and Quis are pretty much it. tongue.gif

Edit: Didn't we have a few of these already or is my mind playing tricks on me ? huh.gif
alchemist x
Nah they were different.

And I don't mean god on the forum, I mean the god that is way up in the sky.
Goha
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Jan 28 2005, 04:54 PM)
*looks at topic*

oh... this can't possibly end well....

*shakes head and leaves*
[snapback]100417[/snapback]

Well, I understand, thow You feel... XD
ἀρχή
philosophical investigations has the option to talk about God and keep it contained. To be honest, it'll probably just degenerate into unfounded theories of God that no one wants to agree to tongue.gif
alchemist x
Well, arche.

That is the point
ἀρχή
so you're just creating a spam thread where people can just rub each other the wrong way dry.gif
alchemist x
[no comment]
Slashrose1010
Yeah, we can discuss God without getting all huffy and puffy, right?

Seriously? I think God is an entity that is a mass of thought. God has no physical state of matter. We are God's imagination with free will. Hell is not physical, it is a mental state of anguish. Heaven is the same except it is your greatest joys. The only think I can't understand is: How can you have joy without pain? huh.gif
alchemist x
Ok I know that was not off the top of your head.
Slashrose1010
Please, that is nothing compared to Arche.
ἀρχή
Just for the hell of it, I'll post my proof of the existence of God from an Egg McMuffin smile.gif.

An Egg McMuffin is made of an egg and a muffin. Let's take the egg. Before the egg came to McDonalds, it was on a farm from a chicken. The chicken that laid the egg was at one time an egg and the chicken that made that egg, was an egg.

So, we now have a long chain of events going back to the beginning of time of chickens laying eggs, who then grow up to be chickens who lay more eggs where one of those eggs becomes the ingredients of an Egg McMuffin.

Since a chicken, egg and Egg McMuffin have causes prior to their existence, they are called contingent. Something is contingent when it can't exists in and of itself. More properly, a contingent thing is something that could have not existed in a possible world.

In order for this contingent item, the egg, to come into existence in the first place, there must be a necessary object to create it. Something is necessary when it must exist in all possible worlds or there is no conceivable world where it could not exist. The necessary being is God, who created the chicken who laid the egg, which became my Egg McMuffin.

There you go, I have proven the existence of God - this is not a Christian/Jewish/Other God, but rather a necessary being that may or may not be personal (i.e. sentient).

There are millions of flaws to this argument as it's a rehash of a classic "proof" of the existence of God. Enjoy. tongue.gif
love_me_destroyer
God Is something that DOES NOT EXIST.
@Slash: Nice avatar.
ἀρχή
QUOTE(love_me_destroyer @ Jan 28 2005, 07:15 PM)
God Is something that DOES NOT EXIST.    
@Slash: Nice avatar.
[snapback]100453[/snapback]

You don't believe my proof? If you don't, you'll need to show where it fails, otherwise, God exists smile.gif
love_me_destroyer
What? I'm sorry, I just think the idea of a magical old man that lives in the sky is slightly absurd.
dragonofchaos
hey if you yell at the sky load enough god will eventually here you....or you will get a sore through and mouth full of bird poo(optional)
ἀρχή
QUOTE(love_me_destroyer @ Jan 28 2005, 07:24 PM)
What? I'm sorry, I just think the idea of a magical old man that lives in the sky is slightly absurd.
[snapback]100470[/snapback]

That's not what God is - at least not according to my proof. Defeat my proof or don't talk about God not existing- that simple tongue.gif
alchemist x
That's not what God is - at least not according to my proof. Defeat my proof or don't talk about God not existing- that simple tongue.gif
[snapback]100475[/snapback]

Ohh can you say burned
Gashole
Link
ἀρχή
It shouldn't be hard to defeat my argument. I've even told you how in some respects in my post tongue.gif.

Of course, I've got tons more of those where they came from, so be prepared to defeat them all (which technically shouldn't be hard, but I won't give hints next time).
love_me_destroyer
All living lifeforms have evolved from single cell organisms, Be they monkeys (later, humans) Fish, chickens or whatever. eventually one of those cells eveolved into a chicken that laid an egg, that got cooked in an egg Mcmuffin.
dragonofchaos
that is so coobut it has one minor flaw it assumes god is a male but in reality we don't know god's gender but i have a way of possibly knowing what it could be and that their could be more than one god
Ailuro
What if God has no gender?

That's unimaginable isn't it? Just like we can't imagine something that has no end and no beginning.
Slashrose1010
@LMD: That isn't a very good argument and thanks on the avatar, it is one of Apple Juices.

I like egg mcmuffins too, Arche. smile.gif

@Ailuro: god has no gender because in the beginning there was no such thing. We evolved that way, in the beginning when God created the "soup" we all were just cells dividing.
dragonofchaos
hey what if there is no god ohmy.gif ph34r.gif sad.gif
then what are christians praseing but a stupid book about nothing
love_me_destroyer
THATS WHAT I'M SAYING!
alchemist x
Jesus is god right, then god is a boy.
ἀρχή
First, there is no inference of gender in any way in my argument. In fact, gender is useless with regards to God for my purposes.

@LMD: you only continue the causal chain that leads back to the necessity called God. That which created the single celled organism or it's predicessor, etc...

I simply didn't carry it back causally to the beginning of time, but the idea is that everything that exists must have something that created it. But if everything needs something to create it, then you have an infinite chain of causal relations that means there is not beginning of the beginning. Therefore, without a beginning of the beginning, nothing can be created. So, God is that which is not created - a necessary being and is the causation of all other contingent objects.
Gashole
I simply find the Big Bang theory not very believable. huh.gif
And while I do believe evolution exists, I don't quite get how again do monkeys evolve to men?
ἀρχή
QUOTE(dragonofchaos @ Jan 28 2005, 07:40 PM)
hey what if there is no god ohmy.gif  ph34r.gif  sad.gif
then what are christians praseing but a stupid book about nothing
[snapback]100499[/snapback]

I just proved there is a God, so unless you can defeat my proof, you either must believe or are in denial of the fact that there is a God.

Get on point and defeat my argument, otherwise this is just a rant topic tongue.gif
Ailuro
One question: How did the universe get here?
Slashrose1010
I believe God used the snow ball effect. God just started off the universe by creating very basic forms of matter. Then from there reactions caused effects and everything just chained on and has come to what we know today.
dragonofchaos
hey actually there is a theory about how the first cell was made and it has been proven over and over
alchemist x
people post smartly and most importantly prove arche wrong JK
love_me_destroyer
That is Life's question.
But when will mankind come to realize that his sermon has become his demise?
Slashrose1010
@X: i can't prove arche wrong because I have the same beliefs on god as he does
ἀρχή
Don't get into evolutionary theory - you don't need to go there. The point at issue here is whether God exists or not and not how we got here. My argument doesn't care about how we got here, just that there has to be a beginning to begin everything otherwise nothing can exist. That beginning is God.
Gashole
QUOTE(alchemist x @ Jan 28 2005, 05:47 PM)
[snapback]100518[/snapback]

It's too bad the only atheists around now are idiots.
dragonofchaos
k arche i never said that god didn't say god didn't exsist i am just saying that it is a theory that can't or hasn't been proven yet on some worlds like earth for example
love_me_destroyer
@Gashole: What? The Atheist community is mainly scientists.
alchemist x
QUOTE(Gashole @ Jan 28 2005, 06:51 PM)
QUOTE(alchemist x @ Jan 28 2005, 05:47 PM)
[snapback]100518[/snapback]

It's too bad the only atheists around now are idiots.
[snapback]100525[/snapback]

Nah I was kidding, besides I'm at a church right now.
ἀρχή
QUOTE(dragonofchaos @ Jan 28 2005, 07:51 PM)
k arche i never said that god didn't say god didn't exsist i am just saying that it is a theory that can't or hasn't been proven yet on some worlds like earth for example
[snapback]100526[/snapback]

Not sure what this is about.

BTW: I don't believe my argument. I actually think it's crap for proving God exists and that no argument can prove God exists. I can destroy my argument, but if you can't, then you're stuck tongue.gif
Gashole
QUOTE(love_me_destroyer @ Jan 28 2005, 05:52 PM)
@Gashole: What? The Atheist community is mainly scientists.
[snapback]100529[/snapback]

I was referring to the atheists in this FMA community.

Science is just like religion. It's just another way to look at the world. And scientists are not really smart. They invent symbols and pictures that only people from that community understand. If scientists go to the Literature/Art Club, they wouldn't be "smart" there, would they?
alchemist x
Yep you can't tell if god exist untill you're dead
dragonofchaos
hey didn't prove anything but if there is a real question it is this and that is is alchemy a sin
love_me_destroyer
@Gashole: Okay, Just making sure you where talking about me.... laugh.gif
alchemist x
DOC* alchemy is not real.
dragonofchaos
ok what if it is then is it a sin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.