Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga > Let's discuss your fav manga series here!
Pages: 1, 2
Renkinjutsu
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle incorporates characters from other CLAMP manga such as CArdcaptors sakura, and Chobits and x, and places them in different dimension and its really cool, but it's kinda hard to explain though.
Anyone else read it?

(Source: MangaFox)

Years of Released: 2003
Author: Clamp
Artist: Clamp
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Mystery, Romance, Shounen, Supernatural, Tragedy

Summary:
"The world is a very small place, but for those who know it...it is very, very large. And the world, when it is viewed by those who 'know'— is far larger than just one world can hold!" The famous CLAMP brings back the characters from all their creations for an ultimate showdown in this multi-dimensional tale.

This is the story of four travelers, bound by fate and by prophesied future. Sakura is the princess of Clow Country, and possessor of a strange power that promises to change the world. Syaoran is an aspiring archaeologist and her childhood friend. When Sakura is endangered by the plan a certain man has for the future, the princess' memories are scattered across dimensions in the form of feathers, and Syaoran is forced to go on a desperate journey to retrieve them. They are accompanied by Fay D. Flourite, a magician running from the horrible truth of his past, and Kurogane, a rough-mannered ninja trying to get back to his world. However, the ability to cross worlds demands a great price, and each of them must pay the Space-Time Witch with what he or she values most. In order to save his princess, Syaoran must give up his relationship with her. Even if he gathers all of Sakura's memories, she will never remember him...

But the world is not so simple. The very moment these four made this decision, their destinies were sealed into a tragic course—as everyone in the group has their own secrets...

Note: Tsubasa becomes MUCH "darker" and has more blood & violence starting with the Acid Tokyo arc, Ch.108. The plotline unravels, becoming increasingly complex and brilliant by Ch.115.

Yami no neko
I read it. I think it is really good And I enjoy how it ties into XXXholic. I have only read one volume so far. Still waiting for number 2
Renkinjutsu
me too, its behind chedule though sad.gif which really sucks, cause I wanna see what happens.
chibi~alchemist
one of my new favorites from clamp. it has a really good storyline.
btw the 2nd book comes out the 31st of august. (thats what the del rey calender said)
Vixx Elric
I heard of Tsubasa, and also saw few manga scans in a CCS website (in japanese of course...). The story looks cool, the Clamp girls mixed some characters of another series as somebody said before, like Chobits, CCS, Rayearth or Wish.
TrueAlchemist
This is fan for Tsubasa by Clamp.

Are you guys also reading XXX holic?

IF not please read, it will match up with Tsubasa story line, and personally, I love XXX holic because of character design and main female character is sexy.
laugh.gif

They are connected.
That is why both of them are ranked as top 10 manga whenever they are published.
Quistis88
I am an xxxHOLiC fan, though Tsubasa is good as well. I think I might like xxxHOLiC more due to its "deep" aspects that spring up from time to time.

Crossovers are fun. biggrin.gif
Renkinjutsu
They're on ly interconneccted in the the first manga though right?
Quistis88
The crossovers actually happen every once in a while, so not only in the first.
TrueAlchemist
Yes, Quistis88

you are right.

But, Tsubasa is not fun compared to other works of Clamp.
Like X, Wish, and etc.

Personally, I love XXXholic more than Tsubasa.
Yuko in XXXholic is hot because she is pretty and sometimes, she is kind of evil.
tainted_roses
i read tsubasa and i personally think that its quite a good manga(what can you expect...its made by CLAMP). i personally think its more of like a mature themed manga unlike the other manga stories(though it still have its cuteness). smile.gif
TrueAlchemist
Tsubasa does not seem holds originality compared to other manga by Clamp.
This manga used many old characters from Clamp's past work.

It is a kind of service for its fans, but I do not know.
I prefer new story with new chracters than using old ones.
Chibi Viki
after chobits, i've become CLAMP-ophobic... anyway, I'm just curious, who are all the returning characters in tsubasa?

so far this is what i know:
Sakura Kinomoto
Shaoran
Yue
Touya
Sakura's dad
Tomoyo
Arashi
Sora
Chii

... and the XXXalchoholic guys (i don't really know them)... is Eriol included? and clow reed?
tainted_roses
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Aug 19 2004, 11:38 AM)
after chobits, i've become CLAMP-ophobic... anyway, I'm just curious, who are all the returning characters in tsubasa?

Sakura Kinomoto
Shaoran
Yue
Touya
Sakura's dad
Tomoyo
Arashi
Sora
Chii

... and the XXXalchoholic guys (i don't really know them)... is Eriol included? and clow reed?

yup,clow reed is in it...though so far,the only time i saw him was kinda like a flashback...here's some other guys

-yuuko
-watanuki
-guys from clamp campus detectives
-hibiya chitose
-seishirou/subaru(forgot which one of them)
-yuuto kigai
-tomoyo
-the three mashins/henshins(i forgot what they're called;_;) in magic knight rayearth: windam, ceres & rayearth
-primera(i dont know if she IS a cross-over of primera but she certainly looks alot like her)
-princess emeraude
-2 guys from lawful drugs
-yuzuriha & inuki
-kusanagi

well,so far that's what ive seen unsure.gif
KawaiiNeko
I have the first one... its so good ^-^ So, the second one comes out Aug. 31?? I have to get it... =P I havent read XXXholic tho, maybe i should... >.<
Kaitou-dark
does anyone have a site for volume 2 translated?
QUOTE(tainted_roses @ Aug 19 2004, 10:10 PM)
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Aug 19 2004, 11:38 AM)

Sakura Kinomoto
Shaoran
Yue
Touya
Sakura's dad
Tomoyo
Arashi
Sora
Chii

yup,clow reed is in it...though so far,the only time i saw him was kinda like a flashback...here's some other guys

-yuuko
-watanuki
-guys from clamp campus detectives
-hibiya chitose
-seishirou/subaru(forgot which one of them)
-yuuto kigai
-tomoyo
-the three mashins/henshins(i forgot what they're called;_;) in magic knight rayearth: windam, ceres & rayearth
-primera(i dont know if she IS a cross-over of primera but she certainly looks alot like her)
-princess emeraude
-2 guys from lawful drugs
-yuzuriha & inuki
-kusanagi

well,so far that's what ive seen unsure.gif

You also forgot Sohma from RG Veda. She appeared in the second chapter as the bodyguard of princess tomoyo. =D
xrninja
and sanyun from rayearth! those few preview pages for volume 2 that were in the end of volume 1 looked cool, i'm still waiting for volume 2 to show up at a bookstore nearby =P
MasterKris
Still waiting for chapter 54+ dry.gif
ME LIKE FYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
AA battery
hmm, so far I have only read CCS, Chobits, and Tsubasa... since I didn't read too much of CLAMP's older works, I find Tsubasa really entertaining (and I can treat the characters I don't know as new introduced characters too)... and yea, it's very fanservice I agree, but as a die-hard Syaoran/Sakura fan, I love Tsubasa =P

Fye and Kurogane are just... too cool too~ X)

Guess I should go buy xxxholic then... or... is there somewhere I can read online? (For tsubasa, I have read up to volume 8, because Chinese companys are always faster than English ones xD and the price is wayyy cheaper too... closer to the original price in Japan. English versions are just... big rip off =\)
ScarredSweetheart
I am v. happy that they are making an anime version. And a xxxholic movie! I love them both.
The Colonel's Girl
WHAT?! Scarred, why didn't you tell me about the anime for Tsubasa?! I knew about xxxHolic's movie, but you never told me about Tsubasa....But the manga's awesome!
Bling_bling_Angel
Tsubasa: Reservior Chronicles is very good read, indeed...

I've only the 1st book translated, so I think the others that I'll be getting will be the raw Japanese ones... no prob, though... happy.gif
harmony_kh_kairi
I absolutly love Tsubasa! its so great seeing all the Clamp characters in one story. I've currently read the translated versions up through volume four. I also love the way it crosses with XXX Holic and the sheer depth of that story compared to the funess (best way I can describe it) of Tsubasa. I've been a big Clamp fan for a long time and like I said its great seeing them all together in two crossing stories.
StateAlchemistElric
I have to say, Tsubasa is one of the best put out by CLAMP. The incorporation of all the characters from other CLAMP books was really well organized. I deeply enjoyed them really...... deeply lol
AA battery
*I know this isn't anime thread...* anime artwork looks so crap compared to manga artwork sad.gif
xrninja
it really does. i'm very fond of the tsubasa manga art style (and i'm actually willing to buy the books and not just download chapters), and i thought the anime art was really inferior to the manga art. i also *hate* syaoran and sakura's voices, more so sakura's. but i'm interested to see how they'll take the tsubasa anime along, though, so i might watch the anime at least to the end of the hanshin republic arc.
stella_mustang
Gah the link is not working for me!
ah such a shame
I really want to read it though I do have the first volume but it's in Japnese so I don't really understand it
Does anyone know anywhere else I can get it in English?
Electrastar
It's one of the manga series that I am currently following. I love the more...urban style of Clamp now. They seem to be distancing themselves for bright eyed girls and beautiful boys. I love the interactions of the main characters being Sakura-Syaoran-Kurogane -Fai and not to forget Mokona biggrin.gif I love how he and Kuro-chan always fight. But I have a softer spot for xxxholic. I just adore the character of Yuko and some stories are dark and just plain cool biggrin.gif
AA battery
yea, I am interested in seeing how anime goes as well that's why I have been helping out in a subbing group now...

And I own vol 1 - 5, 7 too xD
BellatrixAngelofKyo
Yes. I've really enjoyed the Tsubasa books so far... I've read up to book 4, I think. lol I think it's one of my favorite CLAMP works. I love the art work... and the characters as well. Kurogane and Fai are sooo hilarious!!! Lol
LordGohan
geuss what!!!The anime version of Tsubasa is anounced and i wish i lived in japan mad.gif ...its all at: Tsubasa Anime! The only fear i have about this is thatr it will come out in america and be liscensed by a company like shopro or a company that will screw it up,like naruto will probably be...
Anyways it looks pretty cool and i hope itl be liscensed by aniplex in america!

p.s:im a big fan of tsubasa and clamp! also anyone who has found miyuki-chan in all the worlds please tell me!
BellatrixAngelofKyo
quote=LordGohan,May 1 2005, 01:30 AM]
geuss what!!!The anime version of Tsubasa is anounced and i wish i lived in japan mad.gif ...its all at: Tsubasa Anime! The only fear i have about this is thatr it will come out in america and be liscensed by a company like shopro or a company that will screw it up,like naruto will probably be...
Anyways it looks pretty cool and i hope itl be liscensed by aniplex in america!

p.s:im a big fan of tsubasa and clamp! also anyone who has found miyuki-chan in all the worlds please tell me!
[snapback]164232[/snapback]

[/quote]

Yes... That's my fear too... I've seen some awesome anime turned into a total disaster by bad voice acting and revolting translations that make you want to heave! I'm realy hoping it falls into the hands of aniplex or one of the better companys, instead of one of the... not so good companys... that is, if it comes out here at all! And I hope to Mokona that it does! lol tongue.gif Aaaaaw..... I need to move to Japan!! dry.gif The FMA movie that's comming this summer in japan, and now Tsubasa anime in japan..... this is like the ultimate torture. I hate waiting for anime to be released!! Before I forget, has any one read the 5th volume of the Tsubasa manga?
IPB Image
ConanEX
I've read pretty far into the series (I stopped when I have to start reading the chinese manga for it on this other website, since it get's too texty for me to read), and well...lets just say Syoraran gets forced to cross-dress, which is kind of a joke, since he also got forced to cross dress in Card Captor Sakura
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(ConanEX @ May 3 2005, 12:48 AM)
I've read pretty far into the series (I stopped when I have to start reading the chinese manga for it on this other website, since it get's too texty for me to read), and well...lets just say Syoraran gets forced to cross-dress, which is kind of a joke, since he also got forced to cross dress in Card Captor Sakura
[snapback]165494[/snapback]

Syoran gets forced to cross dress?? You can't be serious! Why? Do you know how far into the series that takes place ConanEX-san? That sounds really strange... I'm not sure if any ones asked this already, but how do you all think is the best Tsubasa character? just wondering.
AA battery
The Syaoran-crossdress scene is in volume 8... [spoiler] it made my laugh so hard and aww-ed for like forever! xD That was soo cute-ish! especially when Sakura said that he looks cute and it suits him and he looks like a girl no matter what... ROFLMAO!! xDDDD (she thought that he would feel better by hearing those words LOL! xD)[/spoiler]

Edit: sleep.gif; better now? sorry... but then I can't edit the post right below mine tho =\ What's done cannot be undone i guess ^^;
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ May 4 2005, 08:31 AM)
The Syaoran-crossdress scene is in volume 8... it made my laugh so hard and aww-ed for like forever! xD That was soo cute-ish! especially when Sakura said that he looks cute and it suits him and he looks like a girl no matter what... ROFLMAO!! xDDDD (she thought that he would feel better by hearing those words LOL! xD)
[snapback]166063[/snapback]

LOL Thanks for the info! That sounds so funny!!! I have to read Volume 8! I can't imagine Syaoran cross dressing... but then again I can. lol I gotta see that. laugh.gif
its lg here on psp

thanks for spoiling the fun
by the way i saw the fansubed tsubasa... it can rivle fma its that good! since i cant post the site, im me or email at lordgohan@gmail.com if you want the site
Electrastar
QUOTE(Guest @ May 4 2005, 07:14 PM)
its lg here on psp

thanks for spoiling the fun
by the way i saw the fansubed tsubasa...               it can rivle fma its that good!                   since i cant post the site, im me or email at lordgohan@gmail.com if you want the site
[snapback]166565[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw it as well. I like it at first, but now after 4 episodes...I'm not sure anymore. I also read the manga and I feel that in the anime, they went and put filler episodes too soon....And not a whole lot of it is the same as the original manga...I'm also affraid that the anime will, once again like many other anime series, end before the manga and hence, end differently......sleep.gif
LoMXD
kinda off topic:
the girl on the cover for vol. 7[or 8?}
looks kind like Chi from chobits.
BellatrixAngelofKyo
QUOTE(Legolas of Mirkwood @ May 7 2005, 12:07 AM)
kinda off topic:
the girl on  the cover for vol. 7[or 8?}
looks kind like Chi from chobits.
[snapback]167865[/snapback]

Really? I've not seen that cover yet. But who knows? Since in the 1st Volume of the Tsubasa they show that Fai made some one named Chi that looks just like Chi from Chobits. Maybe it's her? Who do you all think is the funniest Tsubasa character? I'd have to say Fai and Kurogane. wub.gif I love how Fai constantly mangles Kurogane's name and how Kurogane reacts. lol then Kurogane is always calling Mokona a white maju bun. lol Mokona's great too. laugh.gif
nikina
um, the girl on cover 7 is Sakura when she's younger. I don't remember seeing Chii on any covers, all of them have Shoaran on them, either alone or with someone else (mostly with Sakura).

Book 10 just came out about... 2 weeeks ago.
hidden__happiness
Haha I'm just looking for people who have read this, and have seen part of the anime..

Well like ya, It's ok.
It seems pretty interesting and the books I've read so far is...
Tsubasa 1,3,4 and soon 5.
mongooseboi
i heard its like 10x better than the anime. never read it though, i've seen the ads for it in the back covers of negima though, looks interesting.
hidden__happiness
It is better...
Although i've only seen the first 2 episodes of the anime, the manga right now seems WAY more interesting...

A thing about the anime though, is I wonder why they let Bee Train animate it...
(Bee Train was the ones who had animated .hack//sign)
And the the characters in the anime, look exactly like the characters in .Hack...

I don't like it, and I wonder why they didn't just let Madhouse do it,(animators for Cardcaptor Sakura)

Because the detail, and the eyes in the anime... look... wierd...
I'm scared of Yuko-san, her eyes in the anime REALLY creep me out...
MasterKris
I don't like the anime, the manga is way better. I really don't like this manga very much, it's so shojo-y when it's really shounen. It's not very interesting, also, I HATE SYAORAN'S PERSONALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's gotton all softy and nice, and I REALLY hate it. I really liked Syaoran's bratty personality better. Tsubasa is not that great I think. When I first found out about Tsubasa was really funny. I was at this site of manga scans and there was Tsubasa and other stuff. I thought, mabye I should try some other mangas. So I clicked Tsubasa and saw Sakura. I first thought, hey! That girl looks JUST like Sakura! Then, when Syaoran's suddenly shouted SAKURA, I was like, okayyyyyyyyyy.....that's freaky...
xrninja
tsubasa threads merged.
hidden__happiness
The anime... not so good. I just hate how they look like .Hack...

It's horrible!! I wonder what they'd look like if they were animated by Mad house...

Arghh I wish they did.....

I've seen up to epi 5 right now, and I still agree that the manga is better.
1)They look better!!

They all look funny!!! Especially Yuko-san in the anime!! She's got like the creepest eyes ever!!

Ahhh they scare me!!!
And everyone else... they just look.. funny..

And it drags on FOREVER!! Episode 5 and their still on the 2nd or book...
Dynast
Well, I have yet to watch the Tsubasa anime, but judging by the reactions of people here and the people on the Tsubasa LJ community, I think it's best if I stay away from it. Very, very far away. ph34r.gif

I found the manga wonderfully interesting- I love their character portrayal, and it makes me wonder sometimes why they didn't switch artists earlier.

some one named Chi that looks just like Chi from Chobits.

Well, if they're reusing characters, it's probably Chii.

[spoiler]Of course, there is that little thing about why Fye never recognized Ashura-ou in the latest chapters despite him telling Chii to watch over King Ashura in his country. Frankly, I'd expect him to react somewhat to the deadlookalike!Ashura. [/spoiler]
hidden__happiness
QUOTE(Dynast @ Jul 3 2005, 12:00 AM)
Well, I have yet to watch the Tsubasa anime, but judging by the reactions of people here and the people on the Tsubasa LJ community, I think it's best if I stay away from it.  Very, very far away.  ph34r.gif

I advise you to do that.
Lol, well it's not that bad, but I don't like it.
I personally like the manga better.

As I do for every show...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.