Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Naruto
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Renkinjutsu
Naruto (NARUTO—ナルト—?, romanized as NARUTO) directed by Hayato Date and produced by Studio Pierrot and TV Tokyo, the Naruto anime adaptation premiered in Japan on TV Tokyo October 3, 2002, and ran for 220 episodes until its conclusion on February 8, 2007. The first 135 episodes are adapted from the first twenty-seven volumes of the manga, while the remaining eighty episodes are original episodes that utilize plot elements not seen in the original manga.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: Naruto closely follows the life of a boy who is feared and detested by the villagers of the hidden leaf village of Konoha. The distrust of the boy has little to do with the boy himself, but it’s what’s inside him that causes anxiety. Long before Naruto came to be, a Kyuubi (demon fox) with great fury and power waged war taking many lives. The battle ensued for a long time until a man known as the Fourth Hokage, Yondaime, the strongest ninja in Konoha, fiercely fought the Kyuubi. The fight was soon won by Yondaime as he sealed the evil demon in a human body. Thus the boy, Naruto, was born. As Naruto grows he decides to become the strongest ninja in Konoha in an effort to show everyone that he is not as they perceive him to be, but is a human being worthy of love and admiration. But the road to becoming Hokage, the title for the strongest ninja in Konoha, is a long and arduous one. It is a path filled with betrayal, pain, and loss; but with hard work, Naruto may achieve Hokage.

Genres: action, comedy, drama, fantasy
Themes: developing powers, ninja
Episodes: 220
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

Naruto: Shippuden (ナルト 疾風伝 Naruto Shippūden?, lit. "Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles") is the ongoing sequel to the original Naruto anime and covers the Naruto manga from volume twenty-eight on. The TV adaptation of Naruto: Shippuden debuted in Japan on February 15, 2007 on TV Tokyo. It is developed by Studio Pierrot and directed by Hayato Date.
(Source - Wiki)

Plot Summary: Naruto Shippuuden is the continuation of the original animated TV series Naruto.The story revolves around an older and slightly more matured Uzumaki Naruto and his quest to save his friend Uchiha Sasuke from the grips of the snake-like Shinobi, Orochimaru. After 2 and a half years Naruto finally returns to his village of Konoha, and sets about putting his ambitions to work, though it will not be easy, as He has amassed a few (more dangerous) enemies, in the likes of the shinobi organization; Akatsuki.

Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, supernatural
Themes: developing powers, ninja
Episodes: 205 - Ongoing
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

--------------------------------

Anyone else watch this most amazing anime? My favorite is Sasuke, but that's just me. any thoughts? comments? opinions?
Omakase Shimasu
My thoughts... Well, I've only ever seen the first three episodes. It isn't much, but it is a start, right? And from what I've seen so far - it's hilarious! happy.gif I really liked the humor in it. The art was also a notch above the average, something I wasn't quite used to then.

Favorite character? I haven't seen anything of him aside from AMVs and character profiles, but my favorite character would be Kakashi! happy.gif Hm-hm. Kakashi's just... cool~
Renkinjutsu
oh.. you like AMVs... I have a really good one I just made.

go to http://www.Animemusicvideos.org and register.

after two weeks youcan download locally hosted vidsm, ubntil then you can get directly and indirectly linked ones, but anyways, my username there is Tsukasa-Chan01, and the video is called Ninja Authority. I put in over 12 hours of work on it, so I think its pretty good.

but anyways, back to topic. Kakashi is pretty, and he get's cooler as the series progresses.
Maliza
I think my current favorite is Tsunade!! She kicks major asses XD

I also like Hinata, Sakura, Temari, Jiraiya and Naruto!

I hope Sakura gets trained by Tsunade somewhere in the future, because Naruto is being trained by Jiraiya and Sasuke is gettin stronger using Orochimaru's power.
3legendarySennin/team 7 = love
Knives122
awe team 7: Sasukes a b*(Yth, Sakuras useless, and Narutos cray, still love the anime though, you should watch it, itll make you laugh, itll make you cry, itll make you hate all the bad guys they put in the anime, but strangely love them
unknown2
now this is a goood manga.Got em all!Also this is probably one of the good anime that follows the manga well.But they are catchin up?!Doshio!
Vixx Elric
I'm downloading it from Emule. I haven't seen it to much, but it's totally amazing, maybe, soon will be one of my favourite animes. I'm searching the manga, but I haven't found it yet sad.gif . Sasuke is my favourite too, I love him.
Chibi Viki
well, i used to love sasuke, but... i found him pretty boring lately (i've seen his character type too many times (i.e. rukawa kaede of slam dunk)

anyway, my favorites are hinata, temari, kiba, and... ok, sasuke.

so, since you guys have been watching and i'm a fangirl, which naruto couple do you like?

mine is hinataxkiba (or naruto, sasuke, gaara) and... temarixshikamaru (yah! they rock in chap 214!!) biggrin.gif

(sorry... i just don't like ino and sakura happy.gif;;)
Maliza
yep, after chaptr 214 - TEMARI & SHIKAMARU FOREVER!!

but oh well, I don't really care for children relationship ^^

I'm also KibaxHinata, but I also like SakuraxRock Lee

i still don't think HinataxNaruto is a bad thing though XD
IPB Image

and I don't like sasuke (see the latests manga chapters ><)
Chibi Viki
hehe, even my friends say the same thing about sasuke... they're more of neji fans now.

I would never have liked hinata if she didn't stand her ground against neji... it proves that even through her weakness lies the determination to be strong. I'm not really FOR narutoxhinata... i like seeing her with kiba more because he acts and looks more like her boyfriend than anyone else. see how he looks out for her in ep 61-64?
Renkinjutsu
yeah, the naruto x hinata pairing is pretty well fittied in my opinion, opposites on the scale you could say.
Thievesvinegar
Zabuza is the ultimate character. Love his moves AND he's a demon. Can't get better than that.
Omakase Shimasu
Favorite couple(s); SasukexNaruto & Kakashi/Iruka

laugh.gif;; Me and my shonen-ai tendencies again...

On a side-note: the Kakashi/Iruka pairing came from my brother. He found this cute fanmade manga of Kakashi being the ultimate shadow warrior, sneaking through the night to take a quick snapshot of Iruka in his birthday suit. biggrin.gif;; Unfortunately he forgot the glass window between him and Iruka, spoiling both the photo and his sneak-attack. happy.gif;; Poor Kakashi.

And on another side-note: hasn't anyone ot Naruto as their favorite? He's my second-favorite, followed by Iruka. Or Naruto and Iruka tie as second-place. (Iruka... isn't that a girl's name? blink.gif)
Renkinjutsu
I will make a revision,

Sasuke is usually my favorite, but when naruto goes all nine-tails-demon-fox on poeple, then he's my favoirte (i.e against haku, orochimaru, garra)
Kourin
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Aug 4 2004, 01:52 PM)
Favorite couple(s); SasukexNaruto & Kakashi/Iruka

laugh.gif;; Me and my shonen-ai tendencies again...

On a side-note: the Kakashi/Iruka pairing came from my brother. He found this cute fanmade manga of Kakashi being the ultimate shadow warrior, sneaking through the night to take a quick snapshot of Iruka in his birthday suit.  biggrin.gif;; Unfortunately he forgot the glass window between him and Iruka, spoiling both the photo and his sneak-attack. happy.gif;; Poor Kakashi.

And on another side-note: hasn't anyone ot Naruto as their favorite? He's my second-favorite, followed by Iruka. Or Naruto and Iruka tie as second-place. (Iruka... isn't that a girl's name?  blink.gif)

rofl laugh.gif

Poor Kakashi-sama happy.gif. But myself, I'm a bigger Kakashi/Kabuto fan wink.gif.

Imo, Naruto is an awesome series. Great characters and it doesn't get repetive like some long anime I've seen in the past years dry.gif.

As for favorite character(s), it would definately be Kakashi with Gaara and Kabuto in a close second ^^ !!
Thievesvinegar
Kakashi is too..mysterious. Yea, sure we know he's extremely good, and he prob stole the eye, but how? And whats up with his childhood? They don't exactly go into his past, the only thing i've seen from his childhood is that picture in his own team with the fourth and snippets here and there. Hopefully, as promised, the 04' movie will give us more about him.

Does anyone know what he was talking about when he was visiting the graveyard before the 3rd hokage's funeral when he admitted how stupid he was when he was young to the AMBU female who was putting flowing for hayate. Maybe i didn't pick it up, i tend to be slow, but what was all that about?

Despite it all, i have to admit-he is cool.
Kasumi
Yeah, Kakashi is mysterious...perhaps that's why so many people like him. (He's my favourite character as well!) Then again, we do know a bit (a tiny little bit) about his past...like how he was known as a genius and the fact that his family members were all murdered.
TrueAlchemist
Hey Kasumi.
He might not have a family to begin with.

He told Sasuke that he does not have any precious people because they are killed.
I think he talked about his friend who gave him a Sharingan eye and 4th.
4th was Kakashi's teacher. I forgot the dude's name, but he is the closest friend, and he died in the combat probably because of Kakashi's mistake. Thievesvinegar, it should be an answer for your question. And, Kakashi never stole his eye. He would be runaway ninja if he stole it. Do you think Uchiha clan will let him go without problems if Kakashi stole clan's secret weapon? Uchiha clan probably allowed Kakashi to have his friend's eye.

I think we will soon know about Kakashi's past. It will take another 3 -4 month to tell his story to readers.

Kakashi is not loved by everyone. It is more like he is admired by many people because of his talent since his youth.

I think Kakashi will get killed by Kabuto or Sasuke. Sasuke will surely join Orochimaru, and Kakashi might meet him Sasuke in the battle field. With level 2 curse seal, Sasuke can fight against Kakashi, and Sasuke will use Sharingan better than Kakashi soon. Kabuto might also fight with Kakashi. Kabuto almost beat Tsunade. I think Kabuto can win against Kakashi. See, Kabuto is 17 and Kakashi is about 27 or around that age. Kakashi will join 30s soon. So, Kabuto has a better chance chopping Kakashi's head than losing his own head.
The Flame Alchemist LuckyANBU
NARUTO is my fav. anime FMA is a close second lol

u should all check out narutofan.com its great im there evry day lol
Lucky828ANBU thats me..

the best character in naruto is either jiraiya cuz hes so perverted and funny or
hmm i like naruto but.. i dunno kakashii.
Renkinjutsu
I thought the fourth was teh one that sealdd the fox demon into naruto? or was that the second???
Kasumi
It was the fourth.
Renkinjutsu
ok good so I wasn't mistaking. so that's how he died, nto becasue of some mistake by Kakashi. THe jutsu he used to seal the fox was a sacraficial jutsu reqwuiring all his chakra, which, in turn killed him.
TrueAlchemist
Hey man, you should read manga and watch anime again.
He used the same jutsu what 3rd used against Orochimaru.
It does not need Chachra. It needs Soul of a person. By useing one's soul, he can seal a person or monster inside of Death god(Siniganim) forever. And Spell caster also sealed with enemy, and they stuck in Death god and fight each other eternally.
What dumb ass jutsu!!
Renkinjutsu
oops, my mistake, sorry, I'm jsut to chapter.. 50 sommmin, so not to far, I'm still reading though.
Thievesvinegar
QUOTE(TrueAlchemist @ Aug 6 2004, 10:08 PM)
Hey Kasumi.
He might not have a family to begin with.

He told Sasuke that he does not have any precious people because they are killed.
I think he talked about his friend who gave him a Sharingan eye and 4th.
4th was Kakashi's teacher.  I forgot the dude's name, but he is the closest friend, and he died in the combat probably because of Kakashi's mistake.  Thievesvinegar, it should be an answer for your question.
And, Kakashi never stole his eye.  He would be runaway ninja if he stole it.  Do you think Uchiha clan will let him go without problems if Kakashi stole clan's secret weapon?
Uchiha clan probably allowed Kakashi to have his friend's eye.

I think we will soon know about Kakashi's past. It will take another 3 -4 month to tell his story to readers.

Kakashi is not loved by everyone. It is more like he is admired by many people because of his talent since his youth.

I think Kakashi will get killed by Kabuto or Sasuke. Sasuke will surely join Orochimaru, and Kakashi might meet him Sasuke in the battle field. With level 2 curse seal, Sasuke can fight against Kakashi, and Sasuke will use Sharingan better than Kakashi soon. Kabuto might also fight with Kakashi. Kabuto almost beat Tsunade. I think Kabuto can win against Kakashi. See, Kabuto is 17 and Kakashi is about 27 or around that age. Kakashi will join 30s soon. So, Kabuto has a better chance chopping Kakashi's head than losing his own head.

Makes sense, but the Uchiha clan as in saske?
Mike2789
First of all, I've been watching this Anime for long.
Since it came on air..
I like it very much, but the only problem of it is it's crappy start.
But keep watching, it'll get better... =D
Oh, and to those who don't know:
There's gonna be a Naruto movie coming on soon on this year or the next. It's gonna reveal more details about Kakashi's and Gai's past.
Maybe we'll see how Kakashi got that kinky eye too >>
Renkinjutsu
YES!!! NAruto Movie = AWSOME!!!!! wher;d you hear about it?
Mike2789
In another forum, I left there because the admin was a f*cking b*stard =/

But the movie's gonna be cool, but it'll take time =/
I haven't seen the newest 2 episodes of Naruto either... man I'm addicted =)
Thievesvinegar

Maybe he won it in a battle.

Here's some info about the movie. Besides the promise of reveling more into on Kakashi's past, it doesn't seem to exciting. wink.gif
http://narutofan.com/index.php/content-naruto%20movie,index
dandie_candie
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Aug 8 2004, 01:38 AM)

Maybe he won it in a battle.

Here's some info about the movie. Besides the promise of reveling more into on Kakashi's past, it doesn't seem to exciting. wink.gif
http://narutofan.com/index.php/content-naruto%20movie,index

It probably does mention a few things concerning Kakashi's past, but it's most likely related to the movie. In otherwords, the movie takes place in a snow village, therefore a part of his past includes that.
Mike2789
I still find one thing funny...
Naruto voice actor is woman. o_O
Renkinjutsu
you;d be surprised by how many guys are voiced by women, its kinda scary really....
Mike2789
That's because male actors could be more expenisve than female...
Or does it even matter? Most japanese men sound like women ><
Sorry if offended someone... =P
Omakase Shimasu
Maybe women can pull it off better? Japanese boys do sound awfully girlish to me... sometimes. And just look at the main characters of Full Metal Alchemist! (happy.gif Ed and Al are too cute with voices like that.) Hmmm, not to mention Gokuu (Goten, Baadakku, Gohan, Taaresu) from DBZ. I'm quite certain no man could have done a better job than Masato-sama. wink.gif

- - - - - - - - - -

Umm, Naruto's seiyuu is a woman? .... blink.gif It has been too long since I saw Naruto last...
TrueAlchemist
I do not know it is Asian thing.
There are not many counter tenors in Asia.
Counter Tenors are ones who can sing as high or higher than Sopranos.
And, they are male.

I think that is why there ain't many male voice actor for young boys.
They can be done by female much better.

Specially for Naruto roll, he turns into female time to time.
So, it is inevitable.
Renkinjutsu
lol, good point there. lol
The Farside Cow
Actually, I really like Naruto in the beginning stages....especially the Haku/Zabuza fights. Those were some of the best fights I'd ever seen (save Asuka's final battle in End of Eva...wow that was awesome biggrin.gif). But I mean, getting up there in the manga, sure, it'll be interesting to see how the whole Naruto/Sasuke battle will turn out, but the series just isn't doing it for me like it did in the beginning. Although I will admit it's nice to watch something that doesn't work your brain quite as much as FMA or Eva or Lain or some other trippy anime o_O;;
TrueAlchemist
Man, I am telling you.
It is goind down.
Thievesvinegar
hey hey hey, have some hope
TrueAlchemist
It is anime section.
Sorry.
I take back my words.
Manga series is the one that is doomed.
DeMented33
Maybe it's just easier in general for women to pull off pre-adolescent boys than grown men. Most men don't seem to enjoy talking in a female tone of voice...most. nm.

As for boys not playing boys...in a long term aspect it's not so good since it would suck to have to find new voice actors everytime one's voice changes o__O. Naruto is going ot be a 12 year old forever haha.
odoridan
Oh look, a Naruto thread. Allow me to join in the griping! tongue.gif

Naruto was a great anime. But I feel it really jumped the shark after the Chuunin exam. Lately the anime has just been boring and so slow-paced. The first 80 or so episodes are awesome. I hope they get their act back together and the show improves. Keep (false?) hope alive.

Female voice actors just work much better for kids. I'm trying to think of a horrible example of a man doing a boy's voice and the only thing I can think of is Scar flashbacks when he was a kid in FMA. He sounded so horrible when he was a kid. I don't know if it was acting or digitally altered but... ph34r.gif
TrueAlchemist
Odoridan, you forgot one more thing.
In naruto anime, when Sasuke looked back his past, his voice (younger version of Sasuke) was massed up. It is the same voice actor as 12 years old Sasuke. Man, I almost threw up.

Did you also watch new 95-96 joined episodes?
It was bad. I hoped that graphic gets better, but man it was horrible. And, I think they just put extra 4 mins or 5 mins of Tsunade punching scene, and make 95-96 joined episodes.

One last thing, What is the wrong with Manda's voice. Manda should have much cooler voice. He sounds like an 60 years old man. It was another dissapointment about this new episode.

But, Snail, Hachi, I think, monster that summoned by Tsunade. Hachi had nice girlish voice. First, it was bad, but compared to Manda's voice, it was much better.
dandie_candie
QUOTE(TrueAlchemist @ Aug 15 2004, 01:34 AM)
Odoridan, you forgot one more thing.
In naruto anime, when Sasuke looked back his past, his voice (younger version of Sasuke) was massed up.  It is the same voice actor as 12 years old Sasuke.  Man, I almost threw up.

Did you also watch new 95-96 joined episodes?
It was bad.  I hoped that graphic gets better, but man it was horrible.  And, I think they just put extra 4 mins or 5 mins of Tsunade punching scene, and make 95-96 joined episodes. 

One last thing, What is the wrong with Manda's voice.   Manda should have much cooler voice.  He sounds like an 60 years old man.  It was another dissapointment about this new episode. 

But, Snail, Hachi, I think, monster that summoned by Tsunade.  Hachi had nice girlish voice.  First, it was bad, but compared to Manda's voice, it was much better.

Actually, I thought episodes 95-96 was really good. With the exception that 95's art started kind of funny, and got a little better. As for 96, the art was much better. I waited a long time for these episodes, and honestly, I found them to be pretty good. The trailer made it even better.
Noriko
Rawr !_! I haven't seen 93-95 !_!;; I'm not suprised if Manda's voice sounds like an old man XD Orochimaru... I never expected him to have that kind of voice, though I'm getting use to it now. tongue.gif
killua edo
emm..I like Kakashi,Sasuke & Gaara~~Gaara, poor boy~~
Sasuke's older brother is cool too~~
Sakura is cute , I like the inner Sakura more~~
odoridan
TrueAlchemist: You are right about young Sasuke, I totally forgot. Oh, that was painful. And Manda's voice sounded a lot like Gamabunta's to me.

I don't like Sakura. Somebody should smack that girl. She has this obsessive crush on Sasuke and he treats her like absolute crap. And still, she just won't give up on him and goes back for more. Sounds like the start of a beautiful abusive relationship. She needs to see a shrink. Girl, drop that zero and get yourself a hero! She should be with Rock Lee... or that dog that Kakshi summoned. [sarcasm]They use the same shampoo, so that must mean they are soul mates right???[/sarcasm]

Naruto should hook up with Hinata and forget about Sakura. Hinata rules.

Speaking of Rock Lee, that reminds me of Gai sensei. Gai is pretty funny and he is one of my favourite characters. But is it just me or does anyone else think there is some sort of NAMBLA thing going on between Gai and Rock Lee?
rsF
Gai is scary...
Naruto was acting mad weird when Gai gave him one of his special suits... [shudder]

I really don't like Sakura too. She's one of the main characters, but she's so useless...I think Haku would've made a lot better of a main character girl than Sakura, and he's not even a girl...

Speaking of which, I really like Haku too.
Tsunade kicks everyone's ass! Jiraiya is just pervert incarnate.

Everyone else is so-so. I don't totally like Naruto because he's so dumb. I don't totally like Sasuke because he's so...so...yeah...

Kakashi is beaste!
Haroken
Jiraiya owns you.

And Sakura is cute... >.> .... <.<
rsF
Cutest girl ever:

Chi from Chobits. (persocom...)
I watched the entire anime three times just so I could see her face over and over again...
The other girls in Chobits are cute too, Shimzu, Hibiya, and Yumi to name a few. =D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.