Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bleach
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Kakashi
Bleach (ブリーチ Burīchi?, romanized as BLEACH in Japan) The episodes of the Bleach anime series are directed by Noriyuki Abe and produced by TV Tokyo, Dentsu, and Studio Pierrot. The episodes have aired on TV Tokyo in Japan since October 5, 2004
(Source - Wiki)

Plot Summary: Kurosaki Ichigo is a 15 year old boy that has an ability to see ghosts/spirits. Because of his ability, he is able to meet a female death god (a.k.a Shinigami) named Kuchiki Rukia. To save his family and friends from unwanted soul-eating spirits (Hollows), Rukia transfers her Shinigami powers to Ichigo. As Rukia takes on a human shell, together they solve mysteries involving spirits and hollows until from the spirit world comes 2 other shinigamis explaining that it is illegal to transfer Shinigami powers to humans and Rukia exceeded the time limit to stay in the human world. After they sentence her death for breaking the laws, Ichigo snaps and swears to everyone he will retrieve Rukia by breaking into the spirit world.

Directed by Noriyuki Abe
Genres: action, comedy, drama, supernatural
Themes: developing powers, giant weapons, secret identity, shinigami, spirits, superhumans, swords
Episodes: 307 - Ongoing
Age rating: Teen (Significant (bloody violence and/or swearing and/or nudity)
(Source: ANN)

------------------------

Well I saw a promo for the Bleach anime and I'm not sure if it's based on the manga, but it looks like it is. It is to air Oct 5 at 6:30 PM so hopefully we might see a raw tomorrow at either mirkx or saiyaman.

Oh and my sources for seeing the promo was on mirkx. NOT A FAKE smile.gif
M3i
I'm sure it is. Or millions of fans worldwide will personally go and assasinate the people of Studio Pierrot biggrin.gif.

Looks pretty cool, although Ichigo's face is weird at some point. Can't wait!
AoiSora
I was waiting for someone to start a post on this. I am wonder how closly they will follow the manga. I hope they will get to the Shinigami fast! I really want to see Hitsugaya and Hinamori.
althe
I've heard of Bleach, looks promising, but I have no idea what the plots about.

Can anyone tell me? smile.gif
TheVileOne
Bleach the anime is based on an awesome manga of the same name.

The story centers on Ichigo Kurosaki. Everyone thinks he bleaches his hair, but he was actually born with his wild hair color which is orange. He lives with his two younger sisters and eccentric father, and his mother died when he was very young. For the longest time, Ichigo has had the ability to SEE DEAD PEOPLE. One day though, Ichigo gets involved in a battle between a Shinigami named Rukia who is battling a Hollow. Hollows are basically human souls that become demons, and its the job of the Shinigami to contain, destroy, keep them under control whatever. After his family members are injured, in a bizarre twist Rukia gives Ichigo her powers of Shinigami, making Ichigo a Shinigami himself. So Ichigo has to continue Rukia's job, while she hides out with him and goes to his school. There's a lot of comedy, drama, violence, dumb girls with huge tits, and lots of epic battles as per your typical anime/manga rules.

One thing about Ichigo though is his huge natural talent and spirit ability, which comes up later in the plot. Its a great manga, and hopefully the anime will capture that greatness cool.gif .
AoiSora
Some randomness... Don't you think that Ichigo's father kind-of looks like Hughes? And he also has a fondness for (large) photos!
Kakashi
Alright, a RAW has been released on mirkx don't know if it's real but I'm DLing it anyways. Happy Downloading!

Edit : w00t this post made me an "apprentice"
M3i
QUOTE(AoiSora @ Oct 4 2004, 06:31 PM)
I was waiting for someone to start a post on this.  I am wonder how closly they will follow the manga.  I hope they will get to the Shinigami fast!  I really want to see Hitsugaya and Hinamori.

I'm guessing they don't even appear until season 2. Season one will probably end with Byakuya and Renji taking Rukia away and Ichigo's getting ready to chase after them... that's why none of the captains except those two are in the intro.
The Flame Alchemist LuckyANBU
lol yea i have the first two vol. of the bleach manga but i havent started reading it... DOPE. !!

but i hope the anime is good but ill bet it will b liscensed fairly quick since it has been very popular in America here. just like samurai 7 EH!!!! so sad s7 got liscensed so quick it was just gettin good!

but anyways yea anyone know how long the anime is spoda b?
M3i
I don't think there's a set amount... like Naruto for example...
AoiSora
QUOTE(M3i @ Oct 5 2004, 11:53 PM)
I'm guessing they don't even appear until season 2. Season one will probably end with Byakuya and Renji taking Rukia away and Ichigo's getting ready to chase after them... that's why none of the captains except those two are in the intro.

Well, they don't appear in the manga until vol 10. But I will patiently wait....

Oh and thanks for the link! It was pretty good. It follows the manga pretty well. Looks like it is going to follow the steps of Naruto and follow it pretty closely.

But then I will have a really long wait until Hitsugaya and Hinamori come out. I really can't wait to see Hitsugaya's dragon!
Kakashi
Yay!!! ANBU/AKeep is subbing Bleach! biggrin.gif:D:D:D
Kokoro no Hana
QUOTE(Kakashi @ Oct 8 2004, 05:14 AM)
Yay!!! ANBU/AKeep is subbing Bleach! biggrin.gif:D:D:D

Yeah they are good! ^^
Uirumusu
yummy, I have to check this out
TheVileOne
I enjoyed the first episode. Animation looked pretty good and I liked the voices for the most part. Kon sounds a lot like Rock Lee from Naruto. It looks like the series is going to be a 100% faithful adaptation/translation of the manga, which isn't so bad. The story moves a lot more and progresses a lot better than Naruto. Some exciting stuff is going to happen soon.

So can anyone tell me about how many issues of the Bleach manga was the first episode? I don't think I remember the exact content for the earlier ones.
AoiSora
So many Hagaren Seiyuu cast are coming over to Bleach!

Kurosaki Karin:Kugimiya Rie <- Al
Abarai Renji:Itou Kentarou <- Barry the Chopper
Hitsugaya Toushiro:Paku Romi <- Ed
Kuchiki Byakuya:Okiayu Ryoutarou <-Scar
Aizen Sousuke:Hayami Shou <-Archer

IPB Image

In case any one is wondering: Ed is playing my favorite Bleach Character! He is the "little" spikey hair boy in the front-Hitsugaya!
And my favorite Voice Actor of all time Okiayu Ryoutarou will be playing the dark haired on in the back with the sliver things above his ear-Bayakuya (Ryukia's brother)
And incase you are curious Archer is the brown haired one with glasses-Aizen

Just in case you don't know who I was talking about!

Whoo hoo! Go Shinigami!!! Now, it is to bad most of these characters don't come until WAY later... (Hitsugaya comes in Vol 10 of the manga) But it should be well worth the wait~!
RolfKaese
The Anime is good, but the fansubs so far suck.
I mean, cant they use the words Shinigami and Soul Cutter like everyone else who reads the scanlations ?
translations like death god or Soul Reaper... O.O;;
or Soul Slayer for the Soul Cutter.. >.<;;
TheVileOne
QUOTE(RolfKaese @ Oct 11 2004, 07:39 AM)
I mean, cant they use the words Shinigami and Soul Cutter like everyone else who reads the scanlations ?

I read the scanlations Rolf. And yes it does seem like they are over-translating the fansubs in English. I guess you'll get used to it though, unless the group(s) start changing it after a while.
Lust
Very interesting...the first episode was. I like the manga alot better to be honest, I was alot more into the manga then the anime, but I still love it :]!
OK ive read and watched now lol

Bleach is damned awesome....

i love it <3 does anyone know if it will b coming out once a week or more than or less than?!?!

and i REALLYLYLYLY hope it doesn't get liscensed right away cuz that would blow. (like samurai 7 right when it gets good its liscensed) since the manga is already liscensed (viz obviuosly) and has been in sonen jump im thinkin its possible but i dont want it to b!!!!! WAHHH but if its a llot of eps then it wont b until later in the series so im crossin my fingers that we can finish the series on fansubb b4 liscensing occurs.
AoiSora
Perhaps it will be like Naruto. Really popular, but since so many people are fighting over it, nobody is getting it! So the fansubs can keep coming!
Sycia
The first episode was kinda a let-down for me (not enough of a climax), but the 2nd episode brought some good build-up. It focused on more character relationships, and I guess that's the part of this anime I enjoyed the most though I've only seen 2 episodes and none of the manga... :X

Can't wait to hear Paku Romi in there. Is her character on the enemy's side or something?
AoiSora
He is not really the enemy. But not really on the "good" side either. Don't know how to explain it with out going to indepth.
M3i
First episode was alright... hopefully it'll pick up soon.

Yeah, I can't wait for Hitsugaya to show up! Paku Romi is just too perfect for the role.
AoiSora
Just reread chapters 129-133 >_< can't wait till that gets animated! Hitsugaya-kun And Hinamori-chan are so CUTE!!! laugh.gif
sorry to post this off topic and all but

Is anyone going to tsubasa con? in charleston Wv.

The link is www.tsubasacon.org
Beowulf
Just saw it, and so far it's pretty promising. Once I'm finished with Chrno Crusade I'll need something to tide me over and this seems to be the one. Anyone know where I can find scantalations of the manga...?
Tashi
1st episode was good, i guess ill have to look into the manga. this is the second time randomly downloading somthing from a-keep has been good.
the 1st time, Full Metal Alchemist
AoiSora
QUOTE(Beowulf @ Oct 13 2004, 07:03 AM)
Just saw it, and so far it's pretty promising.  Once I'm finished with Chrno Crusade I'll need something to tide me over and this seems to be the one.  Anyone know where I can find scantalations of the manga...?

yes, at

http://bleach7.com/index.php

(it was posted in the bleach manga thread)

You can find it here, even though it has been liscensed by viz
Beowulf
Yay! Thanks! **glomps Aoi*
Kakashi
Or theres always BleachWorld, for the manga, a newly made site by the same members of NarutoFan
Gashole
Just watched the first episode and am not especially excited about it. :| There's neither cuteness nor coolness factor, the artwork isn't the best, and the music is boring. I really hate it when they put too much English in a Japanese song.

In a manga, I don't usually mind terrible artwork too much, but I just can't bear the anime version cause it's too painful.

I need another anime to replace FMA. ohmy.gif
hmm i like the music it makes me think of rap but then again i like rap u prolly don't i've come to realize im the only one here that likes rap lol everyone else is a metal head. And i like the colour in the show for some reason, i think it's cool and i like the music the storyline is good (gets better) yep.

every site i go to tho to get the manga has chapters like 1-61 then it goes straight to 138 WHERE R THE ONES IN BETWEEN anyone know where i could get a hold of em?
Chibi Viki
ahehehe, I just saw ep 1 and 2 of Bleach, and am now starting to catch up w/ the manga... can't say i'm all bonkers for this title though, I found the story a cliche... BUT, i just couldn't resist rukia and ichigo, and the story sounds like it gets better later on.

rukia is just so cute.... especially that part were she draws bunnies when she explained some basics to ichigo, and that part with the juice and the straw :,3

yeah, i'm a sucker for rukia...
RolfKaese
The story really gets better later on, just stick with it for now ^^
xrninja
QUOTE(RolfKaese @ Oct 11 2004, 12:39 AM)

yeah, i'd prefer they use "shinigami" but the literal translation of that is really "death god" (shinu is to die, kami is a god). personally i think soul reaper sounds cooler/makes more sense than soul cutter though. i think cookie cutter when i see soul cutter tongue.gif

so far i think bleach is doing a decent job of mixing serious and funny; i'm going to continue watching it. i really like the opening animation and colors too, very stylish.

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

but yeah, my hopes are high for bleach smile.gif
Drakhaon
Www.bleachworld.com seems to have alot on Bleach you guys should check it out. I still have looked at the bleach7 site yet so I dunno which one is better or has more.
Queen of the dammed
About the scanlations, can any of you read chinese? I any of you can, I could post the url up...
AoiSora
if you want subs that keep Shinigami as Shinigami you should check out IY4ever's subs. They kept it as Shinigami. They are not the fastest group, but so far has the best subs. It you are willing to wait.

and I hear Naisho & TW are very good too. I haven't seen this one, and they are only on ep 1.
Kasumi
QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Oct 23 2004, 06:01 AM)
About the scanlations, can any of you read chinese? I any of you can, I could post the url up...

Is it in simplified chinese or traditional chinese? I can only read traditional...
Beowulf
Blah 153 Chapters is a lot to read...o.O (Actually 139 Chapters + Chap 153 but oh well) The manga is fantastic in my opinion and so far the anime has stay true to it. Plut it's being snappy in pacing. Can't wait for eppy 4.
Uirumusu
I don't think I can be bothered reading the Bleach manga, and I watched the first ep of the anime, I liked what I saw, but I'm gonna leave it at that until at least 20-25 more eps come out so I'll have alot to watch, I'm gonna dl them but I'm just not gonna watch any til like ..I dunno, New years tongue.gif
Chibi Viki
i've been reading the manga and... crap, i'm getting hooked. i get my scanlations from bleachworld, but vol.8+ are missing. i'll need to download them from irc, oh bother sleep.gif;;

but, dammit! just when the story gets interesting. so far, i'm reading up to the part where
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
RolfKaese
As said, the farer into the story, the better it gets :>
But my secret favorite is the cat... you will soon figure out why.. *grin*
Chibi Viki
darn, i wish they offered download via http instead of irc. (cuz i don't know how T_T) how many chapters do you already have, rolfie?
RolfKaese
um... al which were scanlated so far ^^
so 1-140 or so.
Chibi Viki
yeah, i only have till chap 61, then 138, then 153. viz manga of bleach is only till vol.3 so far... *sigh*, i guess i have no choice but to try irc then, or wait for a long time for the anime and the english manga to catch up.

so what did i miss so far?
Ultra Violet
I've seen a few episodes it looks promising... We are showing it at Imperial anime Society. Most people are enjoying it so far
AoiSora
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Oct 28 2004, 06:10 AM)
yeah, i only have till chap 61, then 138, then 153. viz manga of bleach is only till vol.3 so far... *sigh*, i guess i have no choice but to try irc then, or wait for a long time for the anime and the english manga to catch up.

so what did i miss so far?

Missing a lot! The best is the Shinigami Captains and Vice-Captains that will be introduced later.

RolfKaese I see why the Cat would be your favorite.. her name escapes me right now. wink.gif
RolfKaese
the name was Yoishiro or something...
and hehe , I hope I get to see more of her in the next chapters ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.