Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bleach
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
MasterKris
^We should try. sleep.gif
(I think it's not good to judge the dub at the first episode, but mabye further on?)
VeRi
Kon's voice at the end of the 1st episode blows :/ in the dub episode that is
dragonfury
why are they making a dubbed bleach anyways??
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(dragonfury @ Sep 9 2006, 11:47 PM) [snapback]444508[/snapback]

^possibly the stupidest questione ver asked.
toushirou
i love bleach. its really cool. i like hitsugyas bankai.
MasterKris
QUOTE(dragonfury @ Sep 9 2006, 08:47 PM) [snapback]444508[/snapback]

Cause in reality, scanlations & subbed animes are illegal.

The dub wasn't that horrible. The good and the bad points.

The good:
1. The voices of Rukia, Isshin, and Ichigo aren't that horrible after you hear it for a while.
2. They at least call Zanpakutou, Zanpakutou unlike the manga. Hope they won't call divisions, company.
3. They kept the full original OP and ED. smile.gif (Orange Range rocks!!)

The bad:
1. They tend to mispronounce the last names like Kuchiki or Kurosaki and the word, Zanpakutou and Ichigo sometimes sounds like Itchy-go.
2. The little ghost girl's voice is not a very nice match, but since she's just a one epi character, it doesn't really matter.
3. Wha? They left out the really cool sound effect in the beginning of the episode! ph34r.gif
4. Shinigami is Soul Reaper.

The ugly:
1. Kon's voice....
2. Karin's name is horribly mispronounced.

BTW: Did they call Plus, Wholes? huh.gif
Was it me, or did it feel like the whole episode is kinda rushed in a way?

Overall, it wasn't too horrible. I'm just waiting for the Soul Society Arc to hurry and come. No, in fact, I'm waiting for THE ARRANCAR ARC. o_0
Blitz
The dub isn't that bad. Ichigo doesn't sound as "punky", like in the sub but still, pretty good. I was gonna stay up for the premiere but my mom made me sleep.... Watching on YouTube right now.

@ Master - Yay for Orange Range~ Also, they did change Plus to Whole.....

Rukia's voice is okay except the acting is kinda wooden.

Glad they didn't censor stuff that much. Ichigo's using words like hell, damn, and bastard. And the blood's all there.
Yay~ They said Zanpakutou right! There were some cliched moments like "feel the wrath of my blade"..... XD

EDIT: Kon sounds weird.....
Bosch says "Ichigo Kurosaki" weird. Like he's trying too hard or something. Accents are placed on the wrong sylloble.
It sounds like ICHIgo KurehSaki
Banana-chan
...Bleach dub was cool biggrin.gif but i don't like the way they say zanpakutou..Rukia says it like 'zanpaktoe'....and i don't like the way Ichigo sounds too much...but i still like the eng dubbed episode...better than Naruto dub biggrin.gif but i really hate the way Kon talks >_<
ScarMySoul
I really liked this anime. Ichigo's father cracks me up and I love the way the anime is drawn. I thought the english voice actors were fine, my friend said that she had a different voice in mind for Rukia, she said if she would have chosen the voice over it would have to be the Major's voice from GITS. I'm not sure of her name lol.

But over all I give it a 9/10.
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
BLEACH you could say is my all time favourite anime now~
even though Ouran High School and Hagane comes falling seconds and third ^^;;

AG aishiteru Hitsugaya-kun~ <33
InsaneFangirl
I really enjoyed the first episode. ^^ I'd rate it a 9/10.
Legendary Super Saiyan Broly
yeah same here i saw it on saturday
Hanozo
The dubbed version I watched with my friends since my friends were intrested. (mind the fact I never really told my friends I watched) Yea so then I start talking to my self on what comes next and they give me the wtf stare. So I mostly ignore them. I say that its pretty good so far besides the voice for Ichigo. Other then that........thats pretty much it laugh.gif
Ed_luvs_Winry
Well you know,the subbing may not be that good but at least its not as bad a naruto! I'm happy its on Adult Swim! happy.gif
MasterKris
^I'm not, I gotta stay up until 12:30, which isn't an allowed time by my mom in most cases. I wish they put it on an earlier time...

QUOTE(Blitz @ Sep 10 2006, 10:03 AM) [snapback]444698[/snapback]

@ Master - Yay for Orange Range~ Also, they did change Plus to Whole.....

Could it be because hollow is empty and whole is full? Hollow opposite of whole. If that's really the reason, then that's another minus going onto the dub and another evidence on my list, 'Why Do I Hate Dubs.'
MasterKris
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

WHY DO YOU THINK WE EVEN HAVE SOMETHING CALLED A FORUM RULE GUIDE FOR??

YOU! RAZOR GUY!
I suppose you didn't even bother to read the guide eh? Think it's just bunch of boring rules that no one ever follows huh?? Ah?!!

THINGS YOU DID WRONG.
1. You are NOT, I repeat, NOT allowed to ask for FMA episodes. Not even other anime episodes, download links, scanlations, basically anything downloadable of anime/manga.
2. Ever noticed that Adult Swim is STILL airing FMA?
3. You have posted in the WRONG thread. This is a Bleach thread. Even though it's in a FMA forum, IT'S ABOUT BLEACH! Nothing about FMA goes into the general discussion section.

For this forbidden act, you must provide me with loads of cheesecakes.
Jen_Elric
WAhaha!!! Masterkris is funny! XD

Anyways, I saw episode 1 and 2 dubbed. And I really liked them! I've only read the manga (online, not from viz), so watching it animated is sweet! And I agree that the dub is not as bad as Naruto's!
phoenix dying
The dubbing just sucks for this anime. Like most dubbing does...

The third episode was on last night, i saw the first few seconds and was saying, "what the fu*k is this crap". The voices are horrible, enought said.
Tombow
Me, I don't put high expectations on dubbing voices anyway, so I don't mind English dub.
I like it. biggrin.gif
Ana~Banana~bel
Ehh, i liked it just fine. But i love practically anything that Johnny Yong Bosch dubbs.
Molecular Alchemist
I agree with Tombow...my expectations for dubbs have gone out the window. I know that when i watch Bleach, I'm prob gonna want to claw my ears out at some points...but sometimes, you just feel like watching it, not reading it. So I'll watch it, and....ya know what...its not as bad a Naruto's dub....i think few things can rival that in badnes laugh.gif

I'm just upset that they wont put Bleach on the AS fix, and they wont air the rerun of it during the week...its just really upsetting. I mean, would it kill them to re-air the week's epi on Thurs???

Oh, and i MUST mention....i'm sooo happy that they play the opening/ending themes in their full and complete glory!! I mean, this is like a first for AS...normally we either get the full opening OR ending, if youre lucky...or they can pull a Trinity Blood, and slaughter the opening song (which totally rocks) and speed up the end so that it looses the drama of what it was. So...yay for completeness happy.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Molecular Alchemist @ Sep 25 2006, 11:51 PM) [snapback]451503[/snapback]
sometimes, you just feel like watching it, not reading it. So I'll watch it, and....ya know what...its not as bad a Naruto's dub....i think few things can rival that in badnes laugh.gif
Yap, exactly!! biggrin.gif
And, hooray for the opening and ending. (Wish they had done that for FMA... sad.gif )
Ayway, so far I'm hooked on watching it on AS!! biggrin.gif
Jellybean
Ichigo's voice was the only one that bugged me. I immediately recognized it as Vash's voice and that was distracting, plus the voice actor speaks in kind of a gentle, mellow way that suited Vash's character alot better than Ichigo's. Even when he's yelling and swearing, it sounds a little off. I loved Rukia's voice, though. It's pretty similar to her Japanese voice, and there's something charming about it that I can't quite put my finger on.

I like that they changed "plus" to "whole", too. Whole versus hollow makes alot more sense.

And yes, they are awesome for keeping the opening and ending themes intact. I love those songs. They made the fonts on the new credits match and everything. It was so pretty! I've only seen dubs get better as they progress, so I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the dub.
Tombow
^^ Waving "hi" to Jellybean!! Long time no see!! Welcome back!! happy.gif

I agree about the "hollow" vs "whole" thing. I think it macthes this way..?? unsure.gif

And, Prof Molec is right. No Bleach on fix this week!! Booo!! sad.gif
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Tombow @ Sep 26 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback]451882[/snapback]

And, Prof Molec is right. No Bleach on fix this week!! Booo!! sad.gif

Yeah, i looked up the schedule until the end of the year..and there is no Bleach in sight...and that def deserves a BOO! Bad adult swim...they're making it so that i HAVE to do my homework....

@Jelly-Hi again, i havent seen you in these parts in many MANY moons happy.gif

I think we should petition AS to keep the themes in-tact...the show is soo much more fun that way. and im really hoping they play the third opening theme when the time comes Granted, that wont be until like...this time next year...but maybe they will move it to weeknights......hey, miracles can happen laugh.gif

Btw...what is this "whole"/"hollow" thing we are all agreeing on??? I thought that the spirit-eater things were called Hollows in the dubs too....unless im putting words in my ears unsure.gif
Jellybean
Aww, thanks for the warm welcome back. That cheered me up after a crappy day. smile.gif It's been so long, I couldn't even remember my username at first.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear the voices for the other shinigami, but we have so long to wait before they even show up!

As for the Hollow/Whole thing, the spirit eaters are called Hollows in both the fansubs and the dub, but the regular ghosts were refered to as "Plus" in the fansubs and "Whole" in the dub.
Tombow
Watching tonight's epsode on AS.
I'm really begining to like this Saturday night routine of watching TB, then Bleach. biggrin.gif

MasterKris
I've decided. I'm not going to watch the dub anymore cause I basically caught the dub voices and the story is right now on the not-very-exciting parts. I'll just wait until the Soul Society arc. And I need my sleep too, I wake up at 9 on Sundays.

WILL THE FILLER NEVER END????
Oh yeah, new OP and ED. The OP is sung by Yui again and the ED is sung by a singer who's new and is Korean. You can hear a brief part of the ED on that new singer's website.
Sakuto
hitsugaya..........is.......awesome
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Oct 1 2006, 05:27 PM) [snapback]453818[/snapback]

ED is sung by a singer who's new and is Korean. You can hear a brief part of the ED on that new singer's website.

Hmm, I thought the ending had a K-pop vibe to it. So she IS Korean.
MasterKris
QUOTE(Blitz @ Oct 26 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]465940[/snapback]

QUOTE(MasterKris @ Oct 1 2006, 05:27 PM) [snapback]453818[/snapback]

ED is sung by a singer who's new and is Korean. You can hear a brief part of the ED on that new singer's website.

Hmm, I thought the ending had a K-pop vibe to it. So she IS Korean.

Ooo! So I wasn't the only one who thought the ED had a K-pop feel to it. And it's a he... (truth)

100 EPISODES ALREADY!! Just about 13 stinkin' more fillers and the number of filler episodes outweighs the originial plot episodes... T_T

YUI's Rolling Star is one of the ted best OPs ever.
Blitz
^ I thought JUNE was a he, but my brother mislead me into thinking he was a she.... XD
edsgirl
Yay!!!!!The fillers are finally ending! Look at how long this poor thread has been abandoned. sad.gif I'm stoked to finally being able to watch it again. I was not satisfied with that dub and what they did to poor Urahara.
Hanozo
Hmm is it me or did I get banned since when i downloaded the 109 bleach final all i got was a angry message saying no Bleach 109 or something.
And I'm sure I didn't do anything to tick them off.
Anybody got the same thing.
esrz22
Well, I rather like Bleach. Just watched everything in a couple weeks. Need more!
FMAluva73
OOH YEA, new ep. on thurs....and its not a FILLER!!!!!(well, it'll be subbed fri)...
Zarpia
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Jan 5 2007, 03:09 AM) [snapback]491517[/snapback]
Yay!!!!!The fillers are finally ending! Look at how long this poor thread has been abandoned. sad.gif I'm stoked to finally being able to watch it again. I was not satisfied with that dub and what they did to poor Urahara.

OMG! I can finally watch bleach again^^ Is been so long, I even forgot about the manga D:
edsgirl
QUOTE(Zarpia @ Jan 10 2007, 09:29 PM) [snapback]493210[/snapback]
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Jan 5 2007, 03:09 AM) [snapback]491517[/snapback]

OMG! I can finally watch bleach again^^ Is been so long, I even forgot about the manga D:

I still read the manga, but I'm not as into it at the moment. They're on this stupid save Inoue arc. Bleh dry.gif

I knew they were going to sub this with super speed, Dattebayo has it out already.
Shy
110 has been out. Hope you all saw that. End of fillers.

Seems to be going too fast though.

The dubbed version isn't so bad. Disliked Renji's dubbed voice immensely.
edsgirl
QUOTE(Shy @ Jan 13 2007, 06:55 PM) [snapback]493861[/snapback]
The dubbed version isn't so bad. Disliked Renji's dubbed voice immensely.

It's not as bad as say, One Piece, but Renji's VA wasn't as bad as Urahara's. I will probably never watch the dub again, because it just sounds like a bad imitation of Owen Wilson. A bad one.

AS for 110, Hirako looked pretty good in the anime than he did in the manga. But WTF is with all the spoilers in that ED animation? That surprised the hell out of me and it did seem to move too fast. They already burned like 3 manga chapters, but they almost have to do another season of fillers in the future. It's going to catch up pretty fast. I dunno, they might get 2 seasons out of the current content, but not much more than that.
esrz22
Episode 110 rocked. Need... episode... 111. XD
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Episode 110 is when the fillers end? I think I have around 40 more episodes to go then. cool.gif
Blitz
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Jan 14 2007, 01:53 AM) [snapback]493985[/snapback]
AS for 110, Hirako looked pretty good in the anime than he did in the manga. But WTF is with all the spoilers in that ED animation? That surprised the hell out of me and it did seem to move too fast. They already burned like 3 manga chapters, but they almost have to do another season of fillers in the future. It's going to catch up pretty fast. I dunno, they might get 2 seasons out of the current content, but not much more than that.

I always thought Hirako would have a somewhat lazy sounding voice. It sounds a bit deep in the anime but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

I second that WTF. It had spoilers on Isshin and the Arrancar. I'm pretty sure there were more but I can't think of them from the top of my head.
Hanozo
Finnaly Fillers ending and started biggrin.gif
[spoiler]Still whats with the two dad's coming out XD I read the manga, and Isshin is just a bad ass killing the ground fisher.[/spoiler]
Now that the filler ended I am starting to get back into bleach XD
edsgirl
QUOTE(Blitz @ Jan 15 2007, 01:43 PM) [snapback]494391[/snapback]
I second that WTF. It had spoilers on Isshin and the Arrancar. I'm pretty sure there were more but I can't think of them from the top of my head.

Yea that and the bit about [spoiler]Renji, Matsumoto, Hitsugaya and co. all in Ichigo's school uniform. That was a little much. Just finished 112 and I can already see they're stalling a little. The mod souls being in this episode was completely irrelevant. But it did note that Isshin and Urahara are best friends. And why exactly did that arrancar sound like he had downs syndrome. No joking.[/spoiler]

MasterKris
Oh man...
Fillers ended but STILL THE MOD SOULS LIVE! I wish they get rid of them already... sleep.gif;;

Speaking of which, anybody saw the cameo rip RAW for the Bleach movie? It's so-so with lots of action and music's cool too. I'm starting to think that Bleach is getting more to a fanservice type than just focusing on the plot...
esrz22
Eh. Mod souls don't really bother me.

Episode 113, woot.

Orihime really needs to stop being useless in combat. sad.gif
Hanozo
^^
Don't call Inoue Useless, happy.gif Shes my 4th favorite charater.
Hurrah the fillers ended. Banzai XD
esrz22
On Inoue: Oh, I love her to bits. But, she doesn't seem to do so well in combat. tongue.gif
yUme Of LiGhT
I like this anime too..like the story line..and every zanpalouto's power..the characters a great and gives intense in the story..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.