Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Izumi Fans!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Goha
I've never seen You discuss about this woman! Why? She's strong, skilled, intelligent and beautiful, she would be a perfect mother!

Show me You love Izumi! Post here!

Kitoky
Yesh! I love Izumi-sensei. And she has DREADLOCKS! Atleast I think that's what it is. She's so beautiful and I love the coupling of her husband and her. Cute ^^
ἀρχή
She and her husband have a great relationship. I think that they show more love for each other simply by being together than many couples that are very public with their affection.

I also think she would make a great mother. You see that in her treatment of Wrath and even how she treats Ed & Al.

You make me want to go back and re-watch Izumi scenes again smile.gif.
Foolio
QUOTE(Goha @ Jan 20 2005, 05:23 AM)
I've never seen You discuss about this woman! Why? She's strong, skilled, intelligent and beautiful, she would be a perfect mother!

you forgot that she pukes blood every five minutes biggrin.gif

greatest thing about her is the thrashings shed give ed and al
hitokiri
yeah i absolutely love stereotypical masters who gave rise to the most annoying and pointless character of all time....
Toby-Chan
She's only, lyke, teh awesomest! ::Worships::
also_cursed
I took me a while to like her... but she kind of grows on you. It's great to have a female character that Ed is really scared of.
Plus the bit with the brothers on the island was the absolute most hilarious chapter ever!
Bling_bling_Angel
I wanna be juss like Izumi-sensei... happy.gif!!!

*blank look* Well, except for not having her insides part... mellow.gif

Side note: Goha, you are gonna get your arse kicked for your siggy... dry.gif
Izumi is the most kick-[All hail lord Xenu] woman in ther series after Riza... biggrin.gif, She's intelligent, agressive, and better at fighting than most of the men in the series!!!!

<Taking it out by request from OP. 06/30/09 ~ Tombow>
Queen of the dammed
Arrrg... that was me...happy.gif;
Goha
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Jan 20 2005, 10:33 PM)
Side note: Goha, you are gonna get your arse kicked for your siggy... dry.gif

[offtop]I was politely warned. But don't tell me it was unpretty smile.gif[/offtop]
Bling_bling_Angel
Offtopic: it showed a naked woman, hello? I'm not gay... dry.gif

Anyhoo, I'm not sure if those are dreadlocks... they look like corn-rows... huh.gif
hitokiri
they're dreads, if you notice she has them in a knot.... but the knot is too high to for you to tie with corn-rows.
blueices
Oh, I thought they were braids. (dreads tend to be thicker?) blink.gif
hitokiri
dreads are braids but braids aren't necessarily dreads.... its all about the method of braiding
Goha
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Jan 22 2005, 12:20 AM)

I see that You're not getting my point. You know, why I created this topic? Maybe my English isn't good enough, but I'll try to explain.
Yeah, there was a naked woman on my first sig. Woman named Motoko Kusanagi. Woman, that i worship for her strong will and personality. Since I remember, I always wanted to be alike. But since I'm still weak and immature I just can watch her image in anime. mellow.gif
Izumi is similiar to her: a woman, that was so strong to touch the verge of humanity, knowing, that there is a price she'll have to pay. A wery high price. I admire her for this strenght. I admire her for the will to live further with her indelible sin.

And why naked?... Hey, I can prove You, that I'm 100% hetero. I'm a girl! I'm almost 22! I know the meaning of beauty! Especially woman's body beauty. Every girl should feel it, when trying to fit some clothes or make-up, etc... I think You understand me, girls...
And yeah, Izumi's dreads are cool too!
sevter
Izumi Sensei is teh cool. tongue.gif

Seriously, she kicks ass. We know that Ed and Al is very good in self-defense but Izumi is even better than them *goggles* plus I think that she can really intimidate people. Roy vs Izumi anyone? laugh.gif

Izumi is a sort of mother figure to Ed and Al, we can really see that she cares for them in her own way. Ed needs this constantcy in his life. He needs someone to discipline him in a parental way. In a way, I think that quarrels soothes Ed. Ed fought/quarrel with Al when he was young, he quarrels with Izumi and he also quarrels with Roy. These are people whom he is really comfortable with (let's not forget Pinako and Winry too).

Who doesn't look re-read the parts where Ed and Al looked really really scared and claimed that they are "going to be killed". Those are really funny scenes. Also, you can't dismiss the Greed vs Izumi scene. She shows strength in that one. Even Greed proclaims his admiration for her. She rocks!
Toby-Chan

I'm not gay either, but a naked woman dosen't bother me at all.

Besides, she is very pretty. I just don't think it's the kind of image that'd be appreciated in a public forum.
kitsune911
i was confused about whether they were dreads too because my hair is like hers but shorter. i will be so disappointed if they rnt locks.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I love me some Izumi! She kicks so much ass, she's a great character.

I love how when Ed and Al are on the train going to see her, they're all chipper until the realize the asskicking they are going to get once she finds out about their human transmutation and suddenly they start to fear for their lives and Al says. "I never got to have a girlfriend." Or something to that effect. Too funny.

Also her relationship with her husband is so sweet.
Red Shadow
Yes, Izumi-sensei kicks ass! I absolutely love how she tells Greed, complete with flashing thunder and lightning, that "I'm a housewife!" after she had trashed his goons. I don't really think she's a mother figure to the boys, but she does have a strong teacher/student relationship with the boys and she cares for them a lot. The reason I say she's not a mother figure is because that Ed and Al would never let anyone replace their mother, even if she looked exactly like them. (Whistles knowingly)
Chiyo
QUOTE(Goha @ Jan 22 2005, 03:12 PM)

Izumi is similiar to her: a woman, that was so strong to touch the verge of humanity, knowing, that there is a price she'll have to pay. A wery high price. I admire her for this strenght. I admire her for the will to live further with her indelible sin.

[snapback]94188[/snapback]

Well we see Izumi naked as well don't we?

She is a great character. Strong and unwilling to let her past destroy her (even with the missing insides).

I think it was agreat scene when she beat Ed and Al up, the hugged them like a mother would. She is the kind of mother they need.
LoMXD
I like Izumi Sensei . she underatands how ed and al feel about the whole mess . plus the dread locks really work on her smile.gif
Queen of the dammed
[Out of topic] Have you noticed how Izumi resembles Roy a lot? If you swap their hair you wouldn't know the difference!! laugh.gif (maybe they're siblings tongue.gif )[/Out of topic]I think Izumi kicks so much ass!!!! biggrin.gif I think she's a mentor to all strong women like us ou there!!!!
Blackwings
Id say she is awsomely cool as! very hot tempred and stuff but still cool
Ninie
She's one one my favorite character happy.gif I like her a lot, she's the kind of female character I love. Strong, violent, but mature and understanding (sometimes).
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Red Shadow @ Mar 5 2005, 06:16 PM)
I absolutely love how she tells Greed, complete with flashing thunder and lightning, that "I'm a housewife!" after she had trashed his goons.
[snapback]127375[/snapback]

No, in that scene, she just says "I'm HIS TEACHER!". The scene I believe you're referring to is in Rizembool when she repaired the dam and saved the town from flood with her superpimpin' alchemy skills, and they asked "...Who are you?" and she replies, "Just a passing housewife."

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Mar 5 2005, 06:30 PM)
I think it was agreat scene when she beat Ed and Al up, the hugged them like a mother would. She is the kind of mother they need.
[snapback]127377[/snapback]

You know what?... watching that scene a couple times around, I become a little iffy on my stance on her reactions. I understand that they'd need a little slap, or a full punch, but that was just a little too relentless. I mean, it was clear that the kids were repentant for what they'd done, and that they were hurting a lot already, so the whole merciless whipping just seemed a little... superfluous. That she hugged them made it a little better, but I think one or two punches would have gotten the point across.
Ninie
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 6 2005, 07:42 PM)
I absolutely love how she tells Greed, complete with flashing thunder and lightning, that "I'm a housewife!" after she had trashed his goons.

No, in that scene, she just says "I'm HIS TEACHER!". The scene I believe you're referring to is in Rizembool when she repaired the dam and saved the town from flood with her superpimpin' alchemy skills, and they asked "...Who are you?" and she replies, "Just a passing housewife."

In the manga she says she's a housewife to Greed happy.gif (Last page of chapter 27)
darkangelslayer
Izumi is such a powerful character. She did human transmutation and she also got some of her organs taken out...quick question, how do you do the spoiler box again cuz i keep forgetting?
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Ninie @ Mar 7 2005, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 6 2005, 07:42 PM)

In the manga she says she's a housewife to Greed happy.gif (Last page of chapter 27)
[snapback]128336[/snapback]

Ooooh! ... ::Dosen't follow the manga:: XD
Yukina_Raven
Ah, Izumi. My number one favorite FMA character. She totally kicks ass and I absoulutely love how she acts like a motherly-type figure to Ed and Al. Favorite scene with her was at the grave of Chico. After beating the crap outta both of them, she just kneels and hugs them close. The look on Ed's face makes me want to cry and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. XD

I love her with her husband, too. He's a good husband to boot. happy.gif Another favorite scene is when she goes to rescue Al from Greed and her husband (Forgot his name...) steps in and says he refuses to just watch anymore.

Last one... when Izumi tells her husband she "doesn't want to lose anymore childern". I.E. She doesn't want to lose Ed and Al too because they are the childern she could never have. That was so sweet! Plus I just love watching her kick butt as she does. XD

Okay, I'm done. ^^;
FMA4ever
ABOUT TO GIVE MOVIE SPOILERS:

Well doesn't Izumi die? Cause in the movie I remember Winry going to visit her grave. Poor Izumi! sad.gif
Toby-Chan
PUT IT UNDER A FREAKING SPOILER TAG!
Nil-chan
^^ yeah, spoiler tags=Good.

anyways, yeah, that depressed me as well.
Sin Of Envy
She is my idol!! XD GOOOOOOO IZUMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damascus
Izumi takes ass and kicks names! Love that gif where she's smacking a cowering Ed with cutting boards over and over again! biggrin.gif

[spoiler]Yeah, I heard Izumi is no longer living in the movie. sad.gif But I also I heard they never really explain her death, so--even though it was probably from internal injuries--I took the liberty of explaining her death in a fanfic. (Check it out in Fanfic section, it's called Treachery.) biggrin.gif[/spoiler]
Nil-chan
Well, actually,
[spoiler] Winry was talking to Sig, and he said her condition just kept getting worse and worse until she couldn't move anymore and eventually died. sad.gif [/spoiler]
Another reason i dislike the movie.
IZUMIfreak
I respect Izumi. She's lost so much but keeps staying strong and kicking ppl's asses!
Full Metal Elf
I LOVE Izumi...she is an awesome person, great teacher, and there for her students. ^__^
Popogeejo
Even with the Blood choughing Izumi kicks alot of ass and is fairly (ok very) hot IMO plus she's cooler than cool. cool.gif
Lucario_Wolf
Izumi's the best FMA character EVER!! She's awesome!
Mustang_93
QUOTE(Lucario_Wolf @ Oct 6 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]455964[/snapback]

Izumi's the best FMA character EVER!! She's awesome!

It is Izumi who really disproves equivalent exchange but the other side of the gate is somewhat ironic, they took her organs after she had a baby so she wouldn't have any more and for Ed he "plays god" and for that " getting to close to the sun" karate-choppee off limbs. Also Lucario Wolf it might be better to particapate in a more active topic due to the last post before you was on May 1st.
Shura-San
SHES SCARY blink.gif
Fushi
I like Izumi. She's not my favorite character in the series, nor is she high up there on the list, but I still like her.

She's more of the type of character my friend likes. I tend to leniate toward arrogant male characters (i.e. Roy), where as she goes for the kick butt women (i.e. Izumi).
chichering
I think that Izumi Curtis is seriously hot, even though she can be scary. Strangely, this makes her look even hotter! If you could travel back in time to before she met Sig Curtis, would you make yourself seem tough to impress her? I would do that and even tell her how pretty she looks!
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

ETA: Oct. 9, 2010
wub.gif Here are some more pictures of the great woman!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Tombow
Thank you for the awesome pics, chichering! biggrin.gif
She is very down-to-earth, but she is very beautiful also!
(But... that pic of Izume? sharpening the knife is kinda scary XD)
Luxuria-Cat
I love Izumi, she is a really good character in the way that she makes you laugh one minute yet she has a very sad story that made her into the person she was and complex. smile.gif

I love those pictures up there of her, my favorites are the one where she is putting her hands together to transmute and the one where she is in the purple dress next to Lust. <3
chichering
Well, if you liked the pics that I posted on here, visit my profile and go into my album. You'll see an album named Izumi Curtis. Go there and experience all that you want. It's a free-for-all! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.