Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Book(s) Are You Reading Right Now?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Satori
Choke - Chuck Palahniuk
Kari_Neko
The Christmas Killer.
It was actually quite a good book ^^
Little Washu
Switching on and off of reading 'Wicked'.
Karekazu
Not readin, im CREATING! blink.gif
d-man
B) Yo im reading The Crystal Shard book 4 in The Legend of Drittzs series
Omamori
Currently reading Death is a Lonely Business by Ray Bradbury.

Gotta love his stuff; however, I kinda wish the central character had a name ^^; Poor guy: they always refer to him as "bastard" or "s-o-b!" XD
Satori
Bananas: How the United Fruit Company Shaped the World - Peter Chapman
The Angelic Alchemist
I'm reading Harry Potter (Series) for the 3 time now. And i'm writing stories aswell.
phoenix dying
Re-reading two of my favorite books right now.

Ender's Game

Ender's Shadow

Petra
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows

I haven't gotten that far yet. xP
The Angelic Alchemist
I bought Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for Tk.200, which is like 3 american dollars.
Satori
The Harsh Cry of the Heron - Ian Hearn
MaiShadowAlchemist
Ana Frank Diary!
Chiyo
Grotesque by Natsuo Kirino, finding it a really captivating piece of work
The Frozen Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Ties That Bind by Makato Inoue
BaraXAkuma
The Faerie Path. It is a lot better than it sounds, trust me! Ususaly I'm all for vampire books, but any fantasy is good. :3
Naivete
Recently (meaning a minute ago) finished Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult. Probably going to move onto My Sister's Keeper.
Kari_Neko
I was re-reading Howl's Moving Castle today at school in an attempt to not fall asleep,didn't work so well but I got a few chapters down.
Mat-Mat
Ana Frank Diary

tongue.gif Ugh, I hated that book. My english teacher made me read the book and take a test on it in one week! dry.gif I'm reading now the famous yet boring book Huck Finn for another teacher which is really getting on my last @&%$! nerves!!!!! angry.gif I however after that book am going to read the rest of my novels of FMA over and over again!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Havanese
QUOTE(baKa-neKoh @ Apr 8 2008, 11:12 PM) *
Recently (meaning a minute ago) finished Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult. Probably going to move onto My Sister's Keeper.

I never managed to finish Keeping Faith since it bored me, but I highly recommend My Sister's Keeper. Except for the ending (you'll know what I mean when you finish it), it's a great book and very emotional.

Right now I'm reading Sirens of Titan and The Golden Compass. I like them both.
The Frozen Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 5: The Ties that Bind
Kari_Neko
Bleach volume 2
Mat-Mat
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. tongue.gif
Irish_Monkey_5
im reading the Other land series by Tad Williams
Rino-chan
Just finished reading 'Before I Die' by Jenny Downham. I'm going to try and see if I can find 'Into the Wild' by Erin Hunter. I heard that it's a good book. @@
Omamori
QUOTE(Rino-chan @ Apr 27 2008, 11:27 AM) *
I'm going to try and see if I can find 'Into the Wild' by Erin Hunter. I heard that it's a good book. @@

Eh, it's okay by my standards, but afterwards, I grew bored of the series. Just didn't keep my interest.

Feh. Re-reading one of my favorite Ray Bradbury books, Fahrenheit 451. Love this book, probably because book-burning is, what I feel, a truly terrible crime.
But that's just me.

And, before that, I'd finally finished Death Note: Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases by NISIOISN. Naomi Misora is pretty much my only favorite female in that entire series. Heh.
~Kurenai~
Things Fall Apart
Mat-Mat
The Outsiders by.....i can't remember. The book is in my Acc. English class. It's a really good book if you want to read about how divided the nation was in the 1960s (not talking about segregation.) mellow.gif
Omamori
Just bought The Host by Stephenie Meyer. So far, it's great! Well written and not as cheap as the Twilight series. Heh.
Chiyo
Just finished reading the Ring Trilogy by Koji Suzuki
Little Washu
I re-read The Devil's Arithmetic. The beginning is so boring.
Satori
Heroes graphic novel
Heyate-the-cute1
I just finished Bleach mangas 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22 heehee vol 18 just toped of my manga coletion now i hav 30 all together lol (18 was th last i got)
Starla21
I read all the time! (perhaps too much since I spend most of my money on books) My favorites are the Harry Potter series (I'm one of those crazily obsessed fans) and the Twilight series. I am currently reading Jane Eyre. I think its pretty good so far, but I'm not that far in yet.
Carnal Malefactor
[headdesk]
Manga are not books.
Little Washu
Right now, Ghosts Among Us by James Van Praagh. My mom saw him talking about it when I was watching Chelsea Lately, and went out and bought it the next day. Speaking of Chelsea Handler, I really wanna read her book Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.
Omamori
Lessee...

Still reading 'The Host', but whilst reading that, I'm finishing up 'Mistborn' by Brandon Sanderson! Great book; mixture of science-fiction and your usual, fantasy crap, but overall a well-done novel, and creative.

It reminded me of FMA quite a bit. Heh.
Blitz
Conrad's Fate by Diana Wynne Jones
Mat-Mat
I'm reading And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie and The Odyssey by Homer. mellow.gif
Omamori
Alrighty...adding to my list of books...

...Bladerunner (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?) by Philip K. D(i)ck. The movie was great, the book is even better. Guess genius often does lie in insanity. Heh.
Razzy
MSV14- That's really weird. And Then There Were None and The Odyssey were books assigned to an english class in my grade this year. XD

Right now, I'm reading Fahrenheit 451 for school. I was so happy we were assigned something like that, since Ray Bradbury is one of my favorite authors.
Omamori
^*le gasp* Another Bradbury fan! Fahrenheit 451 is one of my favorite books by him, the other being Something Wicked This Way Comes. Heh.

Re-reading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke as well as The October Country by Ray Bradbury. For the sake of nostalgia.
Carnal Malefactor
The Great Derangement by Matt Taibbi

It's equally hilarious and depressing/disturbing.
Mat-Mat
I'm finally done with And Then There Were None!!!! biggrin.gif

For now, I'm reading The Odyssey and on my side note I'm reading To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
Saving_Grace
Finished reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy a few weeks ago, I'm halfway through Dickens' Great Expectations, but I doubt I'll finish it. After that, it's either Fight Club (can't spell the author's name) or The Book Thief (can't remember the author's name).
Petra
I'm half way done with reading Ella Enchanted.
Chiyo
Currently reading The Hidden Papers of Eatsern Jewel which is far easier to get my head round then Autofiction was.
Satori
We Need to Talk About Kevin- Lionel Shriver
Blitz
Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond
~Kurenai~
Trying to read Twilight. . .

I'm only on the the 3rd page and I already don't like it. I don't think I'll ever finish this book because I was told that it gets interesting in the 8th chapter.

This beginning didn't hook me at all!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.