Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Book(s) Are You Reading Right Now?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
BlackTigress
Been a while since I read this, but I'm reading Black Beauty by Anna Sewell.
Tombow
Leviathan: The History of Whaling in America by Eric Jay Dolin

About the native Americans hunting whales, about hunting whales in wooden boats, then how they became a big industry before its fall, stuff like that. ^^
Envylovesapples
I'm reading The Destruction Of Leviathan.
wssarrow
I'm reading The Golden Compass to compare the movie to the book, Everything's Eventual by Stephen King, and Great Expectations for school.
Kari_Neko
I like to read if it's a good book I get really into it was if I'm actually there (sounds corny I know) currently I'm reading Howl's Moving Castle since I saw the movie.
zuppi
Living and Working in Australia: A Survival Handbook by David Hampshire

I'm moving to Australia in less than two weeks (laugh.gif) and it's fantastic. I wouldn't have a clue how to do many things without it.

I'm also reading Metamorphic Rocks in the Field because I'm a geology nerd.

And The Secret Country by Pamela Dean when I want to chill out with a book.
Blitz
I just finished reading Looking for Alaska by John Green and Twilight by Stephenie Meyer [because my friends kept pressuring me to read it....]
Naivete
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer [because my friends kept pressuring me to read it....]

Alas, I still don't understand all the hype over it. =<
Well written novel, yes, but I think it's becoming over-rated...

Currently reading Keeping Faith, by Jodi Picoult.
Little Washu
5th FMA Novel
2nd Love Hina Novel
New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

Alas, I still don't understand all the hype over it. =<
Well written novel, yes, but I think it's becoming over-rated...

That happens when stupid people get a hold of good things.
Razzy
Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Kari_Neko
I'm reading Harry Potter 7 just because I have nothing to read.
Omamori
Too many to list them all, so I'll just list some:

'Tintentod' ('Inkdeath') by Cornelia Funke, 'Stranger in a Strange Land' by Robert Heinlein, 'Frankenstein' by Mary Shelley, 'Metaphysics' by Aristotle, 'The Twelve Gates' by Sir George Ripley 9alchemy book XD), 'Mistborn' by Brandon Sanderson, 'New Moon' by Stephenie Meyer, 'The Never-Ending Story' by Michael Ende, 'The Ties that Bind' by Makoto Inoue (FMA novel), 'Supernatural' (non-fiction) by Graham Hancock, and others.

...I have a habit of starting a new book whilst in the middle of another one, hence my list of books I'm reading at once. Currently not reading; just browsing forums while learning compuer programming XDD
MaiShadowAlchemist
Love reading!!

-Artemis Fowl (1,2,3,4 and the special edition)
-The Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers
-Dark Materials -Trip To The North Pole
-FMA Manga forgot what number sleep.gif
-Spyerwick (Arthur Spyderwick Camp Guide!! Has some really awesome drawings and information)
-Cupid Is A Bat (So funny!!)

I have read all of this books but I dont have new books so I am reading this!!
KingB
I'm currently reading:
-Hiroshima (for school)
and
-Hellsing vol1
DustStorm
I finished Battle Royale and Brave New World a while ago! 8D
Now I'm starting A Clockwork Orange. ohmy.gif
KingB
I finished Hellsing and now I'm reading Artemis Fowl.
~Kurenai~
The Harsh Cry of the Heron, The Last Tale of the Otori by Lian Hearn

KingB
lol im currently reading a Biology Book
Satori
I am reading The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory, Paradise Lost & Paradise Regained by Milton, and Nuns: A History of Convent Life by Silvia Evangelisti.Or at least I'm trying to. Lately I'm easily distracted by a truck-load of comic books...

QUOTE(~Kurenai~ @ Feb 1 2008, 07:23 PM) *
The Harsh Cry of the Heron, The Last Tale of the Otori by Lian Hearn

I was unaware of a 4th book and a prequel. And so my reading list grows...
Malvazar
I have been reading the Twilight series! biggrin.gif I have already read Twilight, New Moon, and I have only 3 chapter left of eclipse! The only thing I have to say is that New Moon was really boring. sleep.gif
wssarrow
I'm reading The Hot Zone by Richard Preston. It's scaring the poop out of me. ohmy.gif
Satori
Also reading Shinjuku Shark by Arimasa Osawa, The Rebels of Ireland by Edward Rutherfurd, and The Budding Tree by Aiko Kitahara.
Broken Chouchou
Right now I'm reading The Outsiders by S.E Hinton. My teacher gave it to me and she said that it was a real classic. So far it's pretty good ;P
KingB
Artemis Fowl The Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer. Hes my favorite fiction author XD
spooooooooon
I just finished Joyce's A Portait of the Artist as a Young Man. It wasn't easy to understand because English isn't my mother-tongue, and I found it rather boring, but it must be interesting to analyse.
Before that, I read Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest and Lady Windermere's Fan, which I liked a lot (I love Wilde's style), and Beckett's Waiting For Godot, which was not thrilling but not bad either (like most of Beckett's plays, in my opinion).
I'm beginning Lawrence's Lady Chatterley's Lover tomorrow, then I'll go on with Stoppard's Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead and Travesties, some of Shakespaere's sonnets and Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

Yep, you guessed: I'm studying English literature at university happy.gif
~Kurenai~
QUOTE(Satori @ Feb 11 2008, 07:45 PM) *
I was unaware of a 4th book and a prequel. And so my reading list grows...

Yeah! There's gonna be a prequel!! I can't wait. I'm still reading Harsh Cry of the Heron...nearly finished...but I don't really want to finish it! I love the story so much. I sometimes wish I could 'live' in the story. I even cried reading the 2nd book.

I also started reading the Tales of Genji.

oh and a bunch of Bruce Lee books.
Nekokitty
Just finished Farenheit 451. Now, I need to find a new book or series to read.
Satori
QUOTE(~Kurenai~ @ Feb 15 2008, 08:50 PM) *
Yeah! There's gonna be a prequel!! I can't wait. I'm still reading Harsh Cry of the Heron...nearly finished...but I don't really want to finish it! I love the story so much. I sometimes wish I could 'live' in the story. I even cried reading the 2nd book.

I'm pretty sure I cried sometime during the series as well. And I'm actually relieved there's a 4th book because the ending of the 3rd book was really unsatisfying.
Omamori
'Death Note: Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases' by Nisioisin (of course, original concept by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata). Heh, so far, so good! Bought it yesterday and it wasn't supposed to come out 'til today! ^^
Satori
Pint-Sized Ireland: In Search of the Perfect Guiness by Evan McHugh
Broken Chouchou
Vägen till Jerusalem, by Jan Guillo (some french-swedish guy).
It's a swedish book about a knight who gets sent to the holy land, partially to help out in the war and partially as an exile (or however you say it).
I've only read about 5 pages, so far it bores the crap out of me.
Carnal Malefactor
No Country For Old Men by Cormac McCarthy

And no, I haven't seen the movie.
Omamori
'Jane Eyre' by Charlotte Bronte.

So far, so good! Writing style is brilliant (of course, since it was written decades ago). But, don't like it as much as Mary Shelley's 'Frankenstein' and Ray Bradbury's 'Something Wicked This Way Comes', both of which were excellent examples of brilliant writing.
Innocent-malice
Im reading time of the hunters moon by victoria Holt and Im about to start on slaughter house 5 by Kurt Vonnegut for school
The RZA
Sadly nothing, i've fallen out of my reading habit & hardly pick up a book at all now. It has to really grab my attention for me to pick it up.
Migchao
Agatha Christie's After the Funeral and O.J Simpson's If I Did It.

They're both pretty good books so far.
Tombow
^ Hi Migchao, long time no see!!

My Grandfather's Son by Clarence Thomas
Not exactly what I expected.
mei_tenshi
Apart from the stuff I'm reading for my classes, I'm also reading William Gibson's Pattern Recognition, which I just started today. It's been a while since I read anything by Gibson, so it's taking some effort to get used to his writing style. So far so good, though.
Chiyo
QUOTE(Rosicrucian @ Feb 28 2008, 04:56 PM) *
'Jane Eyre' by Charlotte Bronte.

So far, so good! Writing style is brilliant (of course, since it was written decades ago). But, don't like it as much as Mary Shelley's 'Frankenstein' and Ray Bradbury's 'Something Wicked This Way Comes', both of which were excellent examples of brilliant writing.

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte is a good mix of Jane Eyre's romance and Frankenstein's Gothic, is you haven't read it already

I knew doing a dissertation on them would come in handy some day

Currently reading 'Silver Bay' by Jojo Moyes as nice light reading.
Precis
I'm reading Dragon Harper, the latest in the 'Dragonriders of Pern' series, by Anne and Todd McCaffrey.
Tbh, I'm not liking the newer installments of this series so much. I miss Lessa and F'Lar and Jaxom and all the old characters. T_T

And after I finish that I have The Curse on the Chosen, the newest part of Ian Irvine's 'Three Worlds' series. I absolutely can't wait to read it, 'specially after the cliffhanger at the end of the last book (though I can't say I was really surprised by it... Ian Irvine seems to love big annoying cliffies XD).
Broken Chouchou
Just finished reading Holes.
Twilightz
QUOTE(Shaddyp92) *
Just finished reading Holes.

Weird, I finished reading it two weeks ago. : D Didn't like it very much, tho..
Redz
Series of Unfortunate Events : Wide Open Window (2nd time reading it)
Shadow Wulfe
I was reading "The City of Splendors" a while back... last summer.

Then school started.
Satori
You Never Find a Rickshaw When It Monsoons - Mo Willems
Carnal Malefactor
Just started Franz Kafka's The Trial
Blitz
Reading:

Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser for Civics and Econ.
Abhorsen by Garth Nix <3
Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger - Been trying to finish this one since summer. :/
BaraXAkuma
Flesh and Spirit by Carol Berg
Satori
Lust, Caution by Eileen Chang
Unown
Well, I'm reading Artemis Fowl at the moment, but I'm reading manga first when I buy some happy.gif
And since manga is more important to me than books, It will take a while before I continue reading my books again laugh.gif
Except for my German book which I have to read for school lazy3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.