Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Book(s) Are You Reading Right Now?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Kitty Alchemist
QUOTE(patkk the dictator/ninja/fish @ Jan 8 2007, 08:42 PM) [snapback]492693[/snapback]
Life of pi

but thats because I HAVE to read it.

stupid school

but i would LIKE to read mirrors of merlin

I remember Life of Pi
I was force to read it at school. I didn't like it that much.
The book I'm reading right now is Time Cat
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I'm reading Lord of the Flies by: William Golding. I have heard much about this novel, but never really got the time to read it. So far, I am enjoying it extremely well. I can't believe it is a controversial book for its content.
Raenef_the_fifth
QUOTE(Kitty Alchemist @ Jan 23 2007, 03:47 PM) [snapback]496799[/snapback]
The book I'm reading right now is Time Cat

By Lloyd Alexander?

Right now I'm reading Pretties by Scott Westerfeld for the second time.

I just got New Moon by Stephenie Meyer yesterday . . . and finished it wink.gif
Quistis88
Finished The Five People You Meet In Heaven. Will start on John Dryden's Marriage a-la-mode.
Amol
Polgara the Sorceress - David and Leigh Eddings
silentsky
Great Expexctations by Charles Dickens
Im a dork... I love to read classics...
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I am currently reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by: Mark Twain. Many of you may of read it, but I haven't. It is pretty hard to read considering that every word is pretty much misused or mispelled. But a good book anyway. tongue.gif
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I bought some new books at Barnes & Noble today. Some Tolkien and some of the Ender series.
Kal Rommel
I'm currently rereading Dean Koontz's Watchers for maybe the ...3rd time. I read it in 7th grade, so I felt like I'd give the tattered thing another chance to refresh my memory...
It'll give those plot bunnies in my head a jumpstart...

He's a great author, my all time favorite.
I've been meaning to read Forever Odd and Brother Odd for some time now...but I really haven't gotten the chance too...I'll move onto those next...>>;
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I am currently reading Paradise Lost by: John Milton
mei_tenshi
I'm reading Sula by Toni Morrison right now for one of my classes, and I'm liking it lots~
Shadow Wulfe
"Their Eyes Were Watching God" By Zora Neale Hurston
I had to read it for school. It was alright, but definitely not my type of literature.
Nugget
I'm Reading Fundation of Isaac Asimov.

There's nothing else to say.
joanne45
The Innocent by Posie Graheme-Evans...a romantic medieval novel is the only way to loose your virginity laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
Indignant Judgment
Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice happy.gif
Little Washu
On my own, I'm reading-
~.hack//REBIRTH vol.3 Outbreak (Novel form, not manga)
~Eldest by Christopher Paolini
~A few (manga)volumes of Naruto, I'll start one then move onto another XD! I like the ones in novel form too. I just like the manga 'cause it's easier to make an anime about it in my head. (and more Kakshi pics XD!!!!)

In School(English) we're reading 'The Witch of Blackbird pond'. It was kinda boring at first but the story is getting good.
Nekokitty
I'm reading the 'Warriors' series right now.
It's pretty good.
Hooray for kitty violence! XD
slayeralchemist
I'm reading Turn of the Screw
Indignant Judgment
The Thief Lord happy.gif
Mudkipblader
L'Ordinatueur for French class xO
Amalthea
Haha! I just read parts of The Canterberry Tales in my English class a few months ago and at this very moment I am doing a paper on the literary work! Oh, the irony.

Now in English class we are reading Hamlet by William Shakespeare, and on my own I am reading Night by Elie Wiesel.
Nekokitty
Yes.
I'm currently reading the Warriors series.

And usually when I go to someone's house or something, if they have any interesting books, I usually read them.
I like to read enclopedias too when I'm bored.
Sometimes the English textbooks have interesting stories in it.
I also like to read National Geographic & Reader's Digest.
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
I'm reading the manga "School Rumble", and "Chobits".
Naivete
Foxmask- Juliet Marillier
Beka Cooper, Terrier- Tamora Pierce
(For school) Of Mice and Men- John Steinback

@Little Washu: Oh, I read that book for school last year too! It was pretty interesting happy.gif
Molecular Alchemist
Well, aside from Molecular Cellular Biology, I'm actually reading Here be Dragons and Ender's Game happy.gif

One day i'll know how one of the three ends....one day
Densetsu_kid
Brave New World
Naivete
I've loved reading ever since I was in Kindergarten! laugh.gif
Yes... I do enjoy reading..
Currently reading Foxmask by Juliet Marillier. Her books are pretty good. happy.gif
Amol
Do you read NORMAL (not manga) books without being forced to ?

Right now I'm reading a Book Under Compulsion ... the name is Name Sake !
Carnal Malefactor
I just started Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. I'm already overwhelmed by the esoteric references.
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Now I am reading the manga "Death Note", and "Negima" happy.gif.
GothGirl
I'm reading "Boy Toy", by Barry Lyga. It's an uncorrected proof and hasn't come out yet, but it's pretty good (not as good as his other book, The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Gothgirl, however). It's really different from his other book because there's LOTS of very descriptive sex huh.gif....rather out there.
Carnal Malefactor
Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco

I'm only about 1/5 of the way into it, though. It's over 600 pages long. [ph34r]
ScarMySoul
I'm reading Vampire Hunter D: Demon Deathchase and Hannibal Rising

biggrin.gif
Emily_BrokenAngel
Im reading "The men are from Mars the women are from Venus" XD
Tombow
I'm reading The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter by Yasunari Kawabata.
It's based on a classic Japanese tale.
GothGirl
I'm reading The Cupid Chronicles....seriously...it's painfully girly girly and I have no idea why I checked it out of the library...
Lujuriosa_GiRl
As of now I am reading one of the shortest, yet hardest book to understand to my belief anyways. The book is Heart of Darkness, so far is alright happy.gif.
Amethyst Sunset
I'm reading Lirael by Garth Nix for the second time. It's the second book in his Abhorsen trilogy.

A very nice read if you like fantasy and magic, especially...ooh, necromancy. *cue suspenseful music*
The Chain Alchemist
Eragon and Eldest...and its annoying me badly to know that I have to wait for next summer to get the last one...very, very annoying...
Shinobimelxi
New Moon. Im no where near done with it. It took me awhile to finish it's first, Twilight. I'm not a fast reader in other words.
YukikoElric
I'm reading Northern Lights by Phillip Pullman at the moment. I've read it a billion times before, but meh.
phoenix dying
Sit Down and Shut Up: Punk Rock Commentaries on Buddha, God, Truth, Sex, Death, & Dogen's Treasury of the Right Dharma Eye

Brad Warner as the author. Its a good and interesting read! happy.gif
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
I am reading Catcher in the Rye cause my brother started to get me into it happy.gif. Also I am also doing a book report..again on Albert Einstein so I am reading Albert Einstein: A Biography [my teacher thought it would be fun to do another paper on him again since it is going to be the end of the school year wacko.gif].
Razzy
New Moon. Im no where near done with it. It took me awhile to finish it's first, Twilight. I'm not a fast reader in other words.

I love both of those books! I can't wait for Eclipse to come out. And don't worry, I'm also not a fast reader.

Right now I'm just starting Jango by William Nicholson, my favorite author.
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Oh, and my brother just came back with manga for me biggrin.gif!! So I am going to start reading .hack//G.U..
Jaganshi
Catch-22. I started reading it a long time ago, but I lost interest after a while. I decided that I should probably finish it.
Naivete
QUOTE(Steel Heart Alchemist @ May 27 2007, 09:41 AM) [snapback]547349[/snapback]

I love both of those books! I can't wait for Eclipse to come out. And don't worry, I'm also not a fast reader.

wub.gif All that fluff and angst just clouds my brain everytime I read it. XD

Just finished reading The Well of Shades from the Bridei Chronicles by Juliet Marillier. I want the next book to come out soon...sad.gif
Amethyst Sunset
QUOTE(YukikoElric @ May 27 2007, 02:21 AM) [snapback]547312[/snapback]
I'm reading Northern Lights by Phillip Pullman at the moment. I've read it a billion times before, but meh.

That's the same as "The Golden Compass", right? ^^; I've read it before, but I have yet to buy the other two books in the trilogy. I hear it's being made into a movie.

And as for what I'm reading right now, I'm reading the last installment of Garth Nix's Abhorsen trilogy, also entitled Abhorsen.
ゆきえいり
Twilight...Again.
Scar-San
Reading Stephen King's Everything's Eventual - 14 Dark Tales
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.