Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Book(s) Are You Reading Right Now?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
phoenix dying
I just finished Homeland by R. A. Salvatore, Its 'the Legend of Drizzt' book 1. By my standards it was quite good...
Chiyo
Right at the moment I have just finished 'Marrying Buddah' by Wei Hui and now I'm on 'Ireland, a Novel'.

Few weeks ago I read one of these 'Doctor Who' novels and in the first two pages I found a spelling and grammer mistake. Then throughout the book I kept finding scentences that didn't make any sense. For shame BBC publishing.
phoenix dying
I finished Guns of the South a few nights ago. Its actually an interesting read, but really only if your into the civil war kind of stuff. Think basically a bunch of white supremacists go back to the civil war and give Lee AK-47 and the likes. Its an altenative reality book, a good read.
Carnal Malefactor
I'm still in my All-Lovecraft-All-The-Time phase. Currently reading through At the Mountains Of Madness.
Popogeejo
Just read Johnny the Homicadal Maniac: Director Cut and while it if a bit ansty at times it is very funny and gruesome(ish). The art work is nice and sharpe aswell which is apprently a good thing. I know it's a comic so it doesn't count as propper reading but I recommend you check it out.
Alphonse xOMGYAY
OH GOSH YES! i lovee to read!; right now i'm in the middle of the Pendragon series. ( not about dragons smile.gif )& before i read that i finished the lord of the rings series
ScarMySoul
I read whenever I get the chance. I just finished "InkSpell." May be a teen based book but its good none the less.
jenn
Chromosome 6 --- Robin Cook
The Things They Carried --- Tim O'Brien
The Vampire Armand --- Anne Rice
DustStorm
The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again) by Andy Warhol
MasterKris
A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare
Vash_the_Gunslinger
A Clash of Kings by: George R.R. Martin
Nil-chan
The Great Gatsby- i forget who it's by... happy.gif;;and im too lazy to go check
~juls~
A WORLD LIT ONLY BY FIRE: THE MEDIEVAL MIND AND THE RENAISSANCE by William Manchester
omg....this book......SUCKS!!!!!!!!! ugh.....stupid summer school assignment...lol. laugh.gif theres like 2 parts that i actually like.....out of half the book...
ScarMySoul
i usually have like three books going at once, and I'm reading 'InkSpell' 'Dragon Riders' and 'Eldest'
Vash_the_Gunslinger
Just finished A Clash of Kings

I've just started reading The Once and Future King by: T.H. White
sweety_pie
I just finished a few days ago, the Secrets of the Alchemists by Time life books

Now I'm reading:
collected works of Edgar Allen Poe by, George McKibbin.
and,The divine Comedy of Dante Aligheri.
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(Nil-chan @ Jul 20 2006, 08:56 PM) [snapback]423788[/snapback]
The Great Gatsby- i forget who it's by... happy.gif;;and im too lazy to go check
F. Scott Fitzgerald. Excellent book, by the way, though I doubt I would've read it if it weren't for a class.

QUOTE(sweety_pie @ Jul 22 2006, 12:14 PM) [snapback]424526[/snapback]
collected works of Edgar Allen Poe by, George McKibbin.
I think McKibbin's the editor... If it's the collected works of Edgar Allen Poe, then it's implied that the works are by Edgar Allen Poe.

I'm currently reading Microserfs, by Douglas Coupland--an amusing look into the world of computer geeks presented in the form of journal entries. As interesting as that sounds (heh), what actually caught my attention the picture on the cover of the little man made of LEGO blocks. =P
Packy
I'm reading 'The Zombie Survival Guide' by Max Brooks for the 5th time happy.gif
*~vachi~*
I´m almost finished with Marianela by Benito Pérez Galdós...what a tragic and depressing book! Well, I usually don´t like much the books I have to read for school anyway! laugh.gif

Chiyo
At the moment I am reading The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch. I'm really enjoying this one, I got it from the library just because it was on the 'recomended read' shelf. Glad I did.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I'm going to read A Storm of Swords by: George R.R. Martin.
sweety_pie

I think McKibbons the editor...

Yeah, that's what I meant. I just worded it wrong.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I like to read. It's fun and better to do than most stuff. I'm trying to catch up on The Song of Ice and Fire series. Great books
Colette
I'm reading this really awesome book about fastfood.

....I'm never eating Taco Bell again D:
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I'm reading alot these past few weeks. Trying to catch up on some series.
Memoria
i read a lot, i'm currently reading "the last enchantment" and "acid row" at the same time happy.gif... i like fantasy and crime tongue.gif
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I'm currently reading The Broker by John Grisham.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I actually just started my first John Steinbeck book. It's title is East of Eden. I this one I hope to read Of Mice and Men and Grapes of Wrath. I really have found East of Eden to be a great book so far. smile.gif
DarkHaze
Currently reading about Nazis.
Quistis88
I am currently reading The Castle of Otranto. It's so amusing! laugh.gif As well, there's this one paragraph in the second chapter that's 5-pages long, depending on the edition/publication.
Mudkipblader
I was reading de Langverwachte (the longexpected) from Abdelkader Benali (someone from the Netherlands) for Dutch.
What I want to read: Shanara(Terry brooks), book of gates (James Clemens)
Yup, I'm a fantasy fan.
Bakka
i just read in the last 7 weeks

two kinds

Angela's ashes

were have you gone charming billy

plainswoman

the most dangerous game

the perfict storm

(im to do something about the reading lists) <(happy.gif)>
(or maybe ill just sit back and endure)
SCARED4LIFE
Im currently reading The Fullmetal Alchemist novel The Land Of Sand. (BTW: If someone else said there reading this, sorry for double posting. I just skimed though tongue.gif)
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(SCARED4LIFE @ Nov 17 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]475048[/snapback]
Im currently reading The Fullmetal Alchemist novel The Land Of Sand. (BTW: If someone else said there reading this, sorry for double posting. I just skimed though tongue.gif)
Don't worry about it. This thread is about what you are reading at the moment, so it's okay if someone else has mentioned the book you're reading. smile.gif

I'm actually not reading anything at the moment. I just finished Maxine Hong Kingston's The Woman Warrior for my English class, and I'm in between books right now. I'll need to start on Beloved this weekend, though.
Quistis88
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Nov 18 2006, 12:09 AM) [snapback]475086[/snapback]
I'll need to start on Beloved this weekend, though.

You'll either love that one or hate it. I am grouped with the latter. mellow.gif
miracle_flame_alchemist147
Homesick by Jean -

it sucks an can't remeber the writer's last name
Bakka
i would recomend reading : "A christmas memory"
by truman captote (a short story but iots worthwhile)
Synth Alchemist
Detective artifacts book
Quistis88
I finished The Castle of Otranto, and I am now working on The Exterminating Angel by Luis Buñuel.
Slashrose1010
H.P. Lovecraft's short story, At The Mountains of Madness.
Fushi
Davita's Harp by Chaim Potok in English Class, and The Restrauant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams in my spare time.
sweety_pie
Right now I am reading
Moby Dick (the whale) But I do not remember the author.

And Absolutely Normal Chaos by Sharon Creech.
Meitantei Conan
I been reading Mangas Naruto ones, Rurouni Kenshin, and mostly Fullmteal Alchemist!
Amol
Belgarath the sorcerer
Molecular Alchemist
Over this break, i will be making a really pathetic and quite sad attempt at reading the most awsome array of literature ever compiled on the face of the earth...
-Bleach, volumes 13-16
-Ivanhoe-Sir Walter Scott
-Biology of the Cancer Cell, Chapters 11 and 12-Weinberg
-And a Vast assortment of the most dull exciting scientific crap literature i could find on the topics of: Cancer Biology, Green Sea Turtles, Neotropical migrating birds, Microarrays, and metabolism

Yeah...i'm willing to bet i'll be reading most of that Sunday nite....
Amol
system and laws of gravitation !
Razzy
Seeker by William Nicholson. Very cool book smile.gif .
Funderful
Well, any manga I can get my hands on.
But that's only a 45 minute read, usually.

At the moment I am reading several novels in the 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' series by Douglas Adams, And I really want to read 'A Clockwork Orange.' But I can't find it.
Anywhere.
I tried to read 'Les Miserables' in french, but it's time consuming.
So that's a no go, too...

I need to find something else to read, soon.
Quistis88
I'm going to start reading Poirot's Early Cases soon. I'll have to try not to start it until I've finished my presentation and paper.
Amol
amulet of Samarkand
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.