Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Book(s) Are You Reading Right Now?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
A Pierrot's Aria
Another e-journal about The Just War Theory.
Razzy
Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith. It's really cool! ohmy.gif
ScarMySoul
Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub

unsure.gif I've not read a King book in ages because he's so effing wordy... but I got the book for a buck, might as well read it...
A Pierrot's Aria
The Conversion of Europe: From Paganism to Christianity 371-1386AD - Richard Fletcher
Mhacy
Mga Kaibigan ni Mama Susan (The Friends of Mama Susan) - Bob Ong the best book He had written
Razzy
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad.
I actually like it a lot, but I have to read and annotate it for school... so I doubt I'll be able to finish in time for it to be collected. :\
ScarMySoul
The Dark Half by Stephen King

rolleyes.gif I stopped reading the other one by him lol... I know that's kinda wierd
FMAobsessed
A Midsummer's Nights Dream by William Shakespeare
Mhacy
Iliad and Odyssey by Homer. I desire to read it for a while. Classic Books really brings nostalgia.
A Pierrot's Aria
Introducing Symbolic Logic - Robert M. Martin
Mhacy
Ang Pangginggera at Mga Piling Tula - Lope K. Santos (Rio Alma - Editor) I love Philippine Literatures^^
A Pierrot's Aria
Sulpitius Severusí Life of St Martin
Mhacy
Message in a Bottle - Nicholas Sparks (he's awesome)
A Pierrot's Aria
The Crusades: Islamic Perspectives - Carole Hillenbrand
MaiShadowAlchemist
The Collaborator - Gerald Seymour
A Pierrot's Aria
Orientalism - Edward W. Said
Razzy
Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
Billea_the_Turtle
Leviathan - Scott Westerfeld

Completely awesome book, this one is.
A Pierrot's Aria
Leviathan - Thomas Hobbes
KittieSocks
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Chiyo
Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
A Pierrot's Aria
Of the Social Contract - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Rainshine
I'm just finishing up Animal Farm by George Orwell. After that, I'm hoping to finish reading A Picture of Dorian Grey.
A Pierrot's Aria
I'm reading A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle again. I plan to read The Sign of Four afterwards. smile.gif
MaiShadowAlchemist
-Child Thief by Brom
-El Nombre Del Viento by Patrick Rothfuss
Billea_the_Turtle
Right now I'm reading To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. After that I'll probably read The Art of War (again) by Sun Tzu.
Rainshine
I finished Animal Farm, and am now reading Lord of the Flies, which so far is a wonderful book, in a disgusting and horrid kind of way. xD I'm going to have to read something cheery after this.
timeitekina-yume
The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde.
One of my favourite novels)
kazare
I Found Michael Crichton's Rising Sun in a sale store and I had just finished Reading it. smile.gif
jacksparrow589
I just finished Evil Genius by Catherine Jinks, and as soon as the bookstore opens up, I'm going to go buy the next book in the series: Genius Squad. It's pretty dark, but thought-provoking.
Lucky Lucy
Right now I'm reading Toilers of the Sea by Victor Hugo. It has a lot of descriptions, but I like it biggrin.gif (I picked it from the school's library.)
sarahbn
Inquisition: The Reign Of Fear by Toby Green. The Spanish Inquisition wasn't nearly as bloody as the Holocaust, but still it's something we need to make sure never happens again, so I'm trying to understand why we ended up with one in the first place.
jacksparrow589
I'm reading the first book in the Monster Blood Tattoo trilogy: Foundling by D.M. Cornish.
A Pierrot's Aria
I finished reading A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle a few weeks ago and I've finally started to read A Sign of Four, after which I'll read The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
sarahbn
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Apr 21 2011, 11:01 AM) *
I finished reading A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle a few weeks ago and I've finally started to read A Sign of Four, after which I'll read The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

I LOVE Sherlock Holmes! I know it's frowned on to diagnose literary characters, but if Sherlock Holmes doesn't have Asperger's Syndrome, I'll eat my hat. His character is so well written that you can go right down the DSM-IV checklist for him.
kazare
Right Now, , just as I had already finished my last,, I am trying to read the whole "The Chronicles of Narnia". I know that it is just a children's book but I cannot resist becoming a bookworm at times smile.gif
Pyroclasm
^You cannot say that The Chronicles of Narnia are just stories for children at all, they can be enjoyed by anyone, regardless of age! happy.gif

At the moment, I'm reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I'm a third of the way through it, and I'm finding it quite enjoyable so far.
Mhacy
Julia - Peter Straub, after reading full circle, my mind kept telling me to read more of this man's work XD
Pyroclasm
The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss.
Karakehribar
I'm reading Elizabeth Moon's Oath of Fealty - it's easier to understand if you read the first trilogy, Deed of Paksennarion, but is certainly a good read on its own.

I loved the Chronicles of Narnia, & like to re-read them all every so often! smile.gif
Lucky Lucy
I just finished reading The Piteşti Phenomenon by Virgil Ierunca. It was an assignment for school and it an historical book about the horrifying scenes that happened at the Piteşti Prison back in the 1940's in the time of communism. While reading, I was just terrified, because everything that was written there was real. It seems to be somehow similar to the brainwashing in communist China, but the torture techniques used in the Romanian prison were just way too inhuman...
A Pierrot's Aria
Currently reading Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes and The Second Treatise of Government by John Locke.
kazare
I had just read Michael Crichton's The Lost World the second installment to the Jurassic Park series.
A Pierrot's Aria
@sarahbn Sorry I forgot to reply before! ohmy.gif Yes, Sherlock Holmes is amazing!

I'm now reading through The Social Contract Or Principles Of Political Right by Jean Jacques Rousseau.
sarahbn
@A Pierrot's Aria, I'm so impressed at your reading list! I got about halfway through the Federalist Papers a while back, and re-read parts of de Toqueville's Democracy In America, but that's about it for the classic stuff. Every so often I get a bug for it and go back and read Locke and stuff.

Chiyo
I have recently finished Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffeneger . Whereas the Time Travellers Wife was fantastical but somehow believable...this one just seemed silly to me and painfully predictable. Still when you start on such a high note it's hard to follow it up.
A Pierrot's Aria
Re-reading Duma Key by Stephen King.
sarahbn
Japanese Demystified by Eriko Sato. My goal is to learn enough Japanese to introduce myself to my new Japanese sister-in-law's family at the wedding (date TBA) without completely embarrassing myself by calling my mother a wastebasket or something by mistake. smile.gif
kazare
I'm back. tongue.gif Currently I am reading Lisa Jackson's absolute fear.
A Pierrot's Aria
The Conversion of Europe: From Paganism to Christianity 371-1386AD by Richard Fletcher
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.