Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Thread For Fma 43
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2
RolfKaese
Raw is out by saiyaman and l33t.
links @ my site soon.
gonna watch it now. hohenheim is cool. over and out.
Vael
Hrm. I never watched a RAW. Do they give away too much with visuals for not knowing what in the hell are they saying? Or are they just like something to satiate you while waiting for the subbed versions? ;;>.>
RolfKaese
Hohenheim is cool, a real elric i must say *nod nod*
WaveMaster
Well since I don't understand what they are saying I'll wait for the fansubbed version also can you put up some screenshots
kait0
Hohenheim is a German name (, isn't it wink.gif ?)
So, I wonder, if Ed and Al have any relatives or something like that in Germany...
Perhaps they're German huh.gif

can't wait to get the sub-version...
I wonder, who will be the fastest groupe...
SS, Fork, Spoon (or Sonchou tongue.gif [just kidding])

cu
kait0
RolfKaese
I'm currently uploading the gallery (60+ pics... XD).
Link will be at my page after i finished uploading :,3
finished uploading. have fun viewing fma 43 XD
WaveMaster
SS maybe I think they were the first the last 2 eps hey you never know
RolfKaese
well edward und alphonse sound more english xD
but Sara Rockbell sounds german.... X33
DeEP
I read somewhere that there was german alchemist who`s name was Hohenheim. Arakawa-sensei must know it.
Omakase Shimasu
There's a very thorough and lovely fanfiction site about Full Metal Alchemist that gives you information about all kinds of aspects about the anime and manga; like name meanings, alchemy, timeline, translations etc. etc. smile.gif You should check it out, if you haven't already!

Scimitar Smile

Incidentally, Hohenheim is the name of a town in Germany and also the surname of a well-known alchemist. Ah, it would be best to check it all out yourself with the link up there! Just go to resources and read to your heart's content!
RolfKaese
hohenheim is a town in germany? lol never heard of it X3
Kodachrome
I have this much to say about 43: Did they REALLY have to keep Archer alive? sleep.gif
QUOTE(RolfKaese @ Aug 1 2004, 09:22 AM)
hohenheim is a town in germany? lol never heard of it X3

I believe someone messed it up with Hockenheim and 'believed' he made a 'brilliant discovery'. You don't see Hoenheim on the German maps, ne?

I mean after what the English language did with Koln, I would not be surprised with another "brilliant" English version of German towns....

Of course, if he was referring to the French town of Hoenheim instead, then there is such a town. But of course the supposed historical alchemist is not French, eh?
Den
I don't think that Germany or England exist in the world of FMA, the world is certainly completely different that our world.

(I have never heard of Ishbal or Lior and red eyed people in our world biggrin.gif )
Psycojester
If you look at it the world full metal alchemist is set in is pretty close to world war 2 germany to me.
I wwas so happy Archer died. Then someone has to pot that picture. Maybe, he'll be a chimera. Since, he so crazy about them.
WaveMaster
Hey did Al see the gate becuz if he did wouldn't that mean he doesn't have to use a transmutation circle huh.gif
kait0
Well, here's the solution biggrin.gif :

Hohenheim is the name of a famous university in Stuttgart/Germany...
I'd already been there (perhaps a year ago), and there's a very big garden,where students, etc. can relax and learn. It's great there ^^...

There's also a homepage about hohenheim

http://www.uni-hohenheim.de/i3ve/index.htm (english site)

check it out smile.gif

bye
kait0
RolfKaese
lol cool
TrueAlchemist
I am sorry Guest, Archer cannot be chimera because he is now one of victims of the stone. His life was absorbed into te stone.
We will never have to see his face again
smile.gif
Vael
Actually we will have to see half of his face for a couple episodes, probably =P

Assuming he doesn't die. Which he probably will because I don't see how anyone could survive having half their face disintegrate (sp?), but then again, this is an anime.
RoyxRiza BigFan
wishing that would world war II planes in it and some kickss hydrogen filled zeppelins cool.gif
TrueAlchemist
I never realize that.
Vael, that was good point.
I did not know it was Archer who lost half of face.
smile.gif
Suit him well.
War maniac's end should be like that.
But, we cannot forget there might be a new archer (chimera version)
If the soldier with half face is really Archer, we will see Archer soon either Chimera version or Half faced Archer. Either way, Eric brothers will have some problems with him in the future. Archer was chosen to be next Gran who control the secret research project under the army. So, they will not kill him easily.
sad.gif
Zed
Tucker is STILL lurking about I imagine, so he may help Archer by making him a Chimera. I am sure Archer is not too pleased with Ed and Al right now.

Damn...Tucker is never gonna die...
Omakase Shimasu
How come Archer managed to survive? By all rights, he should be dead, shouldn't he?

tongue.gif Not that I mind the man's still alive. I may be one of the only ones around here who doesn't have a deathwish ready for the poor guy.

*crawls into shelter* Let the bloodfest begin!
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Aug 2 2004, 07:42 PM)
How come Archer managed to survive? By all rights, he should be dead, shouldn't he?

tongue.gif Not that I mind the man's still alive. I may be one of the only ones around here who doesn't have a deathwish ready for the poor guy.

*crawls into shelter* Let the bloodfest begin!

Poor set up for a "final shodown".

1000+ soldiers died but only Archer gets to be shown 'miraculously' surviving in ground zero...
WaveMaster
But if you look at the ep 42 you'll see some ppl on the ground bloody so maybe he didn't go to the city close enough to die
TrueAlchemist
Guest, I think there are more only 1000+ .
Archer prepared around 7000 soldiers to crash the city.
I think Archer send everyone out there.

I think Archer is alive because of Ed's alchemy. Right befoer Red light eats up Archer like others, Ed used alchemy with blue light to counter it. That might be a reason why archer is still alive. Man, Archer is so greedy. He attack without order in order to become a war hero like Roy. Archer will definitly come back and hunt down Eric brothers in order to gain his fame.
It is 1000+ because that's what the Fuhrer says in ep 43.

Roy Mustang himself gave an initial report of 28 killed, 62 wounded and 100's more missing (rough figures since I don't have the episode at hand now but they are close to what he said).

But the reason Archer can still be living is a bad plot device. Come on, he got swallowed by the light as everyone else, why is he the only one that survived. If he was only partially swallowed, I might believe it, but not when the light swallowed him whole and continue onwards for some distance, consuming everything city and all (though why wasn't the sand consumed as well is another funny thing) in its path.
TrueAlchemist
Hmm.
Guest, you might have a point about Archer.
I think it is okay for Archer to die at this point.
Only way for Archer is to live as monster (kimera)

I hope story creater has a good plot for archer.
Kimbley had a really good ending for a bomb maniac.
Scar also had a great ending.

Maybe, Archer should die at that point.
Who knows?
there were 900 missing... takes that much to make the stone i guess. 28 dead and 67 serious injury. to quote from SS sub.

archer IS dead.. saw ep 43 and nobody talked about archer being alive while he is the leader of the mission... it's pretty logical to me... since Basque Gran was killed in less than 5 seconds by Scar.. zap! just like that..
Vael
The guy with half of his face missing is archer, I do believe.
Guest again
QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 3 2004, 02:53 AM)
But the reason Archer can still be living is a bad plot device. Come on, he got swallowed by the light as everyone else, why is he the only one that survived. If he was only partially swallowed, I might believe it, but not when the light swallowed him whole and continue onwards for some distance, consuming everything city and all (though why wasn't the sand consumed as well is another funny thing) in its path.

Don't forget that Archer is/was a National Alchemist and we yet have not seen what kind of alchemy he is able to perform so there is still a possibility that he performed alchemy to "save" his life but since is not as quick as Roy, Ed or Armstrong then he lost a part of him...and the other guys couldn't get away because Archer was the only State Alchemist (exept Kimblee or Ed) to be there.
TrueAlchemist
Hey, Guest again.

Archer is not National certified alchemist.
He always brings Armstong around because he has no chances against alchemists.
Not every high rank officer has National certification license.
Flamel
Guys, i know this is kind of late to bring this out but then, i came across this website saying tht Hohenhein is actualli a alchemist and had actualli created a homunculus before. http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/p/paracelsus.html
TrueAlchemist
Nice link, some of them might point out some interesting thing.
But, I must clearfy some info in that link.

Do you all remmember the sorcerer's stone from Harry potter?
The sorcerer's stone is the same as Philosopher's Stone in real alchemy.
I am talking about nonfiction at this point.
Alchemists have two goals. One is making gold out of lead ,and the other is making elixir. Elixir is a substance that can give immortal life or at least extend life.
People believe that philosopher's stone wil create medicine that can cure any disease and extend people's life. In harry potter, the sorcerer' stone can create elixir. they use only different name. Talking about gold, chemist in the present time can change gold into lead. we, chemists and pharmacists call it "Alchemist Nightmare"

In FMA, it is different. The philosopher's stone has ultra super power that can do anything. Most of all, the motif is differernt b/t FMA and real world.

Hohenheim is more like medicine expert (pharmacologist) than alchemist. Many medical scientists fallen into alchemy and ocult because of the limitation of medical technology and knowledge at the dark age, and church also lost faith from its believers because of their immoral action towards commoners.

Homuculus supposed to be an artificial life form, which only can exist in an isolated area, which does not contain air in its space. I study in the medical field, so I read many ridiculous medical things during my free time. it is enjoyable because they are so funny. smile.gif

My main point is that we might expect Hohenheim as bad guy, but who knows, it can only be decided by story writer. Most of characters are from real books. Dante, Hohenheim, and some of them, not everyone.
we will see

And I hope my words can help people.
Den
Ed create a sorte of blue protection circle in ep42, maybe Archer was saved by that (but he was partially desintegrated... )
Zed
Well they definetly hint at Hohenheim being over 100 years old. he is kind of goofy like Ed. I wish we could see more of Mustang in action, I enjoyed the later scenes of this episode.
Liss
Off the Archer topic...

I don't know if this is just a bad sub version that I watched but did Winry call Honenhiem "Uncle" near the endng?
BlueRakuen
QUOTE(Liss @ Aug 3 2004, 07:37 PM)
Off the Archer topic...

I don't know if this is just a bad sub version that I watched but did Winry call Honenhiem "Uncle" near the endng?

probably just a bad translation or something...
It sounded more like "old man"-sama to me. Though I'm probably wrong huh.gif
I don't think she meant "uncle" directly. I don't know if that applies to the Japanese language, but I'm Chinese, and you sometimes address your cousins as if they were your brother or something like that. Since, the Rockbells have such a close relations with the Elrics, she might consider him as someone close. (i.e. uncle). Which you do in Chinese. I know I adress my dad's friend like that or somewhat close to that nature, but then again my Chinese is a tad-bit rusty.
dogbite
*i think its good that archer is alive.
you guys dont see the big picture.
i know you all hate archer.so imagine you just lost half your face
wouldnt you be in pain.really harsh pain.
i think that dying is much better than his fate.

plus it gives us a way to kill archer that is much cooler like mustang blowing him
from the inside.
which i think is much more better.

*in the case of the "guy", it could just be someone we werent introduced
to .i would think that in a world that takes its facts from the world of alchemy
there would be a guy called "flamel".

*we need to think of some things about the "guy"
1.he didnt want the army to get into lior thus not being sacrifised.
2.he has a connection to ed and al.
3.lust didnt listen to the "guy" and she is now nailed jesus style on a train
4.pride and envy seem to be the only ones that comunicate to him

my assumptions are that its someone from the army ,possibly mustang

*ed is going to rizenbol to get his mothers bones as stated by him that he
needs something from there.
Fullmetal Anarchist
QUOTE(dogbite @ Aug 3 2004, 08:00 PM)
*ed is going to rizenbol to get his mothers bones as stated by him that he
needs something from there.

Hmm, Edward doesnt directly say that. I hope that wasnt a spoiler.

Also Lust was nailed to the wall, on the train. What was that all about?
Liss
QUOTE(BlueRakuen @ Aug 3 2004, 07:43 PM)
probably just a bad translation or something...
It sounded more like "old man"-sama to me. Though I'm probably wrong huh.gif

That's what I was thinking but I figured I'd post it to see if anyone else thought it was a lil strange to read.
storm_trooper
I really liked this episode for many reasons.

1. Mustang admitted to killing Wendy's parents (I used the name Wendy on purpose tongue.gif ) and his intentions to be a supporter of right causes.

2. Hohenheim appears in the flesh. He seems a little disheveled but the mystery of him appearing is no longer there. I donít agree that he is over a 100 years old. He could have a since of history about the town and geography. I believe there is another person who controls the Homonculus (sp?) that is older than 100 years. Something like a guardian for them. I think that Hohenheim either created Envy or defeated Envy in some mission. My concern is how he could forget Wendy. She is around Ed & Al's age. He must have seen her before he left town. Its kinda funny that since he has no home he just sleeps in the graveyard. tongue.gif

3. Al as the philosopherís stone. I cant wait to see him use his powers fully.

4. I think The Elrich brother's are going back to their home town to get their mother's bones.

5. Seeing Archer in pain was delightful. I donít agree with keeping him on in any capacity. His two Stateís Alchemist, crimson and tucker, are dead and on the run. I donít see the point of this. BTW, he is not a State's alchemist which was mentioned and corrected before.

6. Lt. Ross and the others connections to the Elrich brothers. I was beginning to believe that they were going to turn their backs on them. I am so glad to see the solidarity.

There is a big difference between the raw and the subtitled version. I was about to hang Mustang if he hurt the brothers. I wonder about these things:

1. Is Lyla really Envy?

2. How will they find the bones of all of the other Homonculus?

3. Will his teacher show again to help get rid of wrath? Since we know no bones will weaken this Homonculus.

4. Hohenheim the Light - Where will he stay? Will he return to being a State's Alchemist (if he ever was)? Why has he been in contact with Dante? Was she his teacher as well as Izumi?
about Lust, it reminds me of Greed in the manga when King bradley met him in the sewers:
first i thought Greed was already dead,but then i realized he was just
paralyzed by being nailed in his oruboru tatoo.
i think it is the same for homonculi in the anime, and so Lust is paralyzed not yet dead.
TrueAlchemist
Fist, in the ep43, winry called hohenheim ,"Uncle" because there is not a good word to use in English. He called with the term "Ogi Sama" that represents older man (middle aged man around 30s and 40s). She called Hohenheim with respect. -sama in Japanese used for a person who are in higher position.

Second, Hohenheim mistaken winry with her mother, Sara.
And, he said, you gotten taller!
I think this guy was not around when Winry was born.
Most of all, I think Hohenheim seems to see Winry's mother as child figure.
No one uses a sentence "you've gotten taller" towards person in his or her age.
Comparing Ed and Winry's age, Hohenheim should have similar age as Sara.
so, it was interesting part in ep 43.

This is anime. There is no deep plot.
Rose worders how Hohenheim knows things before train was used.
Some people in forum does not believe about Hohenheim being over 100 years old.
But, it is a hint given by story maker of FMA. Dude is over 100 years old.

I think Dante is famous alchemist and Hohenheim is famous, too.
They both interested in human alchemy. Remember, Al and Ed performed human alchemy based of Hohenheim's calculation in his book.

Dante should be over 130 years with out any more arguments.
She is monster. Hopefully, she remains dead.

As I already said, previously, I do not want to see another Orochimaru in FMA

One more thing, Lyla is not Envy. Lyla operate the alchemy to weaken Greed.
Remember Homuculus suppose not be able to use alchemy for some reasons.

Wrath has one weak point. Wrath seems to have a problem with baby's cry.
He was losing himself. There must be a weak point of Wrath within this evidence.

I do not believe they can find bones or remains of all homunculus.
Envy should be at least over 130 years. This guy is old dude who does not even remember his original form.

I hope it helps to clearfy.
Vael
If you remember correctly, Greed was also over 140 years old. And so is Gluttony. However, they had Greed's bones. Not entirely sure who would have either Gluttony's or Envy's bones... but... Hrm. Same goes for Pride.
TrueAlchemist
I think Greed was locked up in the cage for 130 years.
It is only decade difference, so I think it is not a big issue.

There is something funny about Pride.
Don't you people think he is too old for homuculus. I mean he looks old appearance wise.
Junkydave
he is supposed to be older than the othered i think

if u read some of the manga u would know that

he is supposed to be the only homunculus that ac tually ages and he also has a son and wife and doesnt really care about coming human i think

hey if i am wrong please tell me ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.